barabajagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barabajagle
madcran wrote:Am I obligated to buy this if I live in San Diego?

tkastorff wrote:For us San Diegans that would be a cool idea .... otherwise this shirt ain't doin' it for me

Momster wrote:Sigh. I'm almost obligated to get this.

/Native San Diegan

LobsterBreeder wrote:Im stuck thinking the same thing man

Do I have to buy this if I live in SD? *giggles*

Don't forget from the Shirt description:

Wear this shirt: anywhere but San Diego, where you’ll want the variant that says “here.”

foxzeta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foxzeta

This is the first shirt ever that almost had me pressing the button. But it was in cranberry, so I didn't.

Also, amused by the condition 'lost and found'.

beruo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beruo
nexus77777 wrote:Why the heck are the shirts I want to buy always in red! Red is bad!

You living the thug life?

zillybong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zillybong

Seriously...this is not summer weather. But then again, we San Diegans are put off by 60 degree weather.

Awesome shirt though!

AHoboJetSpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AHoboJetSpy

You guys are all thinking about Rockapella.

I'm a huge a cappella fan. I saw them live in concert two years ago for my friend's birthday. They're amazing.

And, of course, every show they HAVE to do the Carmen Sandiego theme song.

And yes, the main vocalist is still the blonde dude: Scott Leonard.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
SHOlover wrote:Yeah, I pretty much had it on PS2...IBM PS2!!! Game rocked! I now know that Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland. My mum spent like 5 Gs on that PS2...it had a printer with the dots on the paper you tear off...Thanks woot for making me wax nostalgic.

By "the dots on the paper you tear off," I think you're describing tractor-feed paper. That would be back in the days of dot-matrix printers and daisy-wheel printers. I've owned both in my life, and paid for them myself (as opposed to my parents)...so I guess that pretty much dates me.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

It's a shame there is so much 'speculation' and bitterness over the winners of this derby. Congratulations nonetheless!

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

It is great and I'd buy it if I wasn't over my month's spending for shirts... still great job!

P.S. I've heard the saying before, but I forget where... still I doubt it was already on a t-shirt, so good thinking!

timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick

this is cool, I thought it would take 1st.

I bought two one for me, and one for a friend of mine.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

timkerrick

AHoboJetSpy wrote:You guys are all thinking about Rockapella.

I'm a huge a cappella fan. I saw them live in concert two years ago for my friend's birthday. They're amazing.

oh man, remember when they had those terrible mullets.

timkerrick

auggie24 wrote: PBS's 'Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?'

Loved that show in the early '90s! Was it also on NES or SNES?

I had it for NES

richardmurdock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richardmurdock

I used to play Oregon Trail in 3rd grade and I used to name my family things like cholera, broken arm and snake bite. It was always funny when members of my family died and it would say snake bite has died from cholera. Every once in a while I'd get lucky and snake bite would die from snake bite. Brilliant!

fusiongt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fusiongt

Shouldn't everyone have had this for PC? Well at least for 20-30 year olds... youngin's might not have.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fusiongt wrote:Shouldn't everyone have had this for PC? Well at least for 20-30 year olds... youngin's might not have.

Had what? The game? Not everyone had computers. This shirt? I hope not; the premise of woot is that it hasn't been done before. ^_~

Congrats to the artist on a quick climb to the top.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Congrats intaglio!!!!!

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
intaglio wrote:woohoo! thanks for the kind words

Nice design - good color selections (although I agree that Blue and Gold San Diego Charger colors would have looked nice as well). Even though it is NOT a slogan in the truest sense of the word, it definitely demonstrated a clear link to the PC games and TV series "Where in the World (or other places) is Carmen Sandiego?" and I believe it met the criteria for the Derby. For many who spent their youth in the 90s, this one will hit home.

In for 1!!!

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

Not really for me, but I will be snagging one for my GF. She was a big fan of Carmen San Diego as a kid, so the shirt will make a nice little bonus birthday gift for her this summer.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I had to get this shirt. I loved the game and the game show. But of course now I have the darn theme song stuck in my head from the game show...yeah, i know i loved it. This is making me all nostalgic to go loot my parents software case....for some reason i doubt Carmen Sandiego is compatible with XP though.

nattahal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nattahal

Love it. Purchasing my first Woot Shirt.

Nat

blakeZX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blakeZX

Having just moved to San Diego and being an avid fan of the game and show, I had to get one. My first woot, actually :o

...it felt good.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

You know...I was never a t-shirt wearer before...in fact, w00t has YET to make one that will fit over my upper frontals and not be gigantic the rest of the way down...

However, I'm becoming a t-shirt addict, thanks to you, w00t! I wear them to bed, since it doesn't matter if they're gigantic on the bottom when I'm sleeping...

I hate you, w00t.

Love,

kippyj

P.S. Yes, I bought one...duh!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

kippyj

AHoboJetSpy wrote:You guys are all thinking about Rockapella.

Dude, THAT was your first post? You must be a really interesting kind of guy!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

kippyj

blakeZX wrote:Having just moved to San Diego and being an avid fan of the game and show, I had to get one. My first woot, actually :o

...it felt good.

Wait until you see how good it feels to be better than everyone else, as decreed by w00t. You're in for a real treat!

dleghof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dleghof

Are Woot tshirts 100% cotton?

thebolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebolt

Made me laugh. Bought one.

americaskate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages americaskate

I really don't see how this shirt won.

unoriginalalex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unoriginalalex
proxied wrote:Ahhhh... I played that game on my Apple eII. OR my my Commodore 64. Or something like that. I was pretty young. Congrats to the designer.

Ahh, good ol' Commodore!
Same here.
I'm down for one.

unoriginalalex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unoriginalalex
dleghof wrote:Are Woot tshirts 100% cotton?

yep

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Cranberry color shirt is my favorite, but I am not into text only shirts. However, today's is pretty cute, I must say. And the font rendering is very well done. Nevertheless, I'll pass.

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

Just awful.

NickCatal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NickCatal

For those of you who need to hear the theme-song:

http://googlefoundcarmensandiego.ytmnd.com/

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Congrats intaglio for second! Especially since it was a later submission, and based on a cool show. Now, if we can get the unsmelly shirt third, it'll be an awesome weekend...

neilbennett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neilbennett

I'll be glad when this slogan derby is over. I really don't like slogans on t-shirts.

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

Ya, I'm having that San Diego resident debate, but I'm having two issues with this: 1. I'm only old enough to remember the original PC game and not the resulting cartoon, and game show, ( meaning I was past the age of having interest in the franchise) and 2. Cranberry. Ugh. Really?

Maybe if they made a “Where in the World is Matt Lauer” T-shirt...

antifolkhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antifolkhero

Just terrible.

shawnmos

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmos

I had an even older version of that. It was on 5.25" Floppies and used the PC speaker only.

davidoshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidoshea
shawnmos wrote:I had an even older version of that. It was on 5.25" Floppies and used the PC speaker only.

Probations:
5x Be nice to your fellow Wooters. (5h)
2x Woot being subjective dolts

mr311ny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr311ny

male

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Too corny Haven't seen anything good for the last few days...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Looks like it isn't gonna sell out in the first day. Sorry, Intaglio. I thought it would...