imnotminkus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages imnotminkus

Did this remind anyone else of the Magic School Bus?

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
imnotminkus wrote:Did this remind anyone else of the Magic School Bus?

ROFL I think that came up in convo.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
turf12 wrote:i used to love these. we didn't call them bomb-pops, though. they were called firecrackers.

They were also sold as rocket pops.

refriedpinto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages refriedpinto

Sweet shirt. In for one. Nice design t

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Man, I loved that show.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ampoliros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ampoliros

sweet shirt. been watching shirt.woot for awhile and this is the first one i just couldn't resist buying.

Sirguynate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sirguynate

First shirt.woot for me. I personally thought it was good enough to buy!

ladderphobia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladderphobia

Alright! Bought one

uesc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uesc

sweet shirt, just ordered it!
we called them bombpops here in the Loo

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PhoebeP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhoebeP

What a perfect summer shirt! I'm so glad this won.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

I really wanted this shirt to win.

I voted for it.

I only vote for shirts I will definitely buy.

I'm pretty broke right now and should be following a tight budget.

I just spent $120+ at a bar tonight.

I am buying this shirt.

*hiccup*

eatporknbeans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatporknbeans

I'm not usually too keen on derby winners...this one is exceptional...great job! My 28th shirt...and counting...

cheers!

ms5151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ms5151

Well done. Just ordered mine!

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
Wits wrote:Wow, this shirt really made some last-minute progress I guess! Last time I checked there was a blue shirt with a very pretty tropical design that was way out in front by over 100 votes.

Wear this with hidden speakers playing 'ride of the valkyries' very loudly imo!

I'm not sure where you get your numbers, but a) This shirt has been in the lead since it was submitted. b) Due to the "Fog" it's almost impossible to tell how far "in the lead" the top shirt is.

I believe the pretty tropical design you are speaking of is Summertime. It never did better than 3rd or 4th place. It looks like the final placement was 4th, but we won't know until 12am Sunday.

lvytn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvytn

Proof that I dont just grumble and/or bemoan fate about every shirt I see on here...

Great idea and design executed great, just ordered one for me and one for my girl

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Congratulations! In for 2!

xSabishiix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xSabishiix

Man i was pushing for the moon part blue one but congrats on winning!

Those Popsicles were definitely the best.

BorisL12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12

yes yes yes. in for 1. awesome!

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa

I stayed up just for this shirt. In for one as a graduation present to myself - 8 hours and counting!

numbsinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numbsinner

I loves this. I wish Woot had child sized shirts since this would be perfect for my nephews.

mayoclock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayoclock

This shirt is amazing. I want one.

I<3Woot

peacefrog72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peacefrog72

I'm in for one... My wife will love this for her birthday gift... part of her gift anyway.

lheiskell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lheiskell

This one delivers!
The art style really pops.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

second derby shirt i've bought... curious, both are on the cran cran.

Check out my blog:Here!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
numbsinner wrote:I loves this. I wish Woot had child sized shirts since this would be perfect for my nephews.

When buying for children, please look at these pictures:

stannley wrote:I just got the oh crud/spring rebirth combo, the oh crud I had my son take a picture of me and then took a picture of my son in the same shirt so people can get an idea for sizing on kids. I'm excited because I can just share shirts with him soon The shirt is a woman's large - my son is six but he is fairly tall for his age, he wears a boys 6-8 (usually medium) for comparison.

mia3mom wrote:We got our shirts today! A bunch arrived all at once, but I got shots of 4 shirts. I also got Maple Leaf (gorgeous print!) and grown-up sizes of Spring-ATRON & Vandalized Turtle, both of which I really like in person even better than onscreen.

Left to right - 8yo in WM of Vandalized Turtle; 4yo in WS (now shirt-dress) of Spring-ATRON, 10 year old in WM of Little Nessie. They were too excited to wait, so they pulled the shirts over their long-sleeve shirts for a trip to the park.

The verdict? Buy kids Women's smalls and mediums.

And if you want to make them into onesies for babies, here's how: Make a Romper from a T-Shirt

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman

This would be the second tgentry shirt I own if only The Prospector had made it out of the Quitter derby. As it stands, I am glad to call this one mine. I absolutely, positively, love it and cannot wait to wear it.

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

I really like the firecracker pops but sort of wish the trucks were in a different color.. I'm not a big fan of bright red on dark red (cranberry). It reminds me too much of the color bleach would turn a dark red shirt.
I'm gonna have to think about it, especially if it's still here in the morning, I have been wanting a cranberry shirt.

Optimator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Optimator

I'm so glad this one won.

chichowduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chichowduckie
JesLoz11 wrote:what a disappointment... this shirt vacuums compared to some of the other ones on this weeks derby

I'll second you on that. Sorry but in my opinion, it's just the same truck copy&pasted twice and the popsicles a bunch more...

That and I notice at this time, no one has bought 3 of them and only 5% have bought two...

woot x 2 [monkey x1]
shirt.woot x 19
sellout.woot x 2

robopanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robopanda

Meh....Not for me... I'm live in the suburbs and i just don't really get it...

"Being Asian Stunt my Growth..."
-me

Optimator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Optimator
robopanda wrote:Meh....Not for me... I'm live in the suburbs and i just don't really get it...

That doesn't even make sense.

robopanda

llo! OH YEAH! GOD I MISS THE GOOD OLD CARTOONS!

-me

robopanda

Optimator wrote:That doesn't even make sense.

Well the title said "Suburban" and I just don't get it. but it's still a cool shirt. I just don't see the humor to buy one

-me

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Optimator wrote:That doesn't even make sense.

Really? Sure, the grammar wasn't the best, but the meaning is still clear enough. robopanda lives in the suburbs but doesn't understand what the design is about.

The design depicts ice cream trucks flying through skies dropping bomb pops. Blietzkrieg is a style of warfare; the design is suggesting that ice cream trucks wreak havoc on the suburbs by bombarding them with frozen treats.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
robopanda wrote:Well the title said "Suburban" and I just don't get it. but it's still a cool shirt. I just don't see the humor to buy one

The GOOD Humor, you might even say?

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

d4nowar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages d4nowar

Not a fan of the red on red, but grats nonetheless.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
cleverconveyence wrote:The GOOD Humor, you might even say?

Nicely done. If I remember correctly that brand is awful as far as frozen treats go.
Over a thousand votes for a standard derby. That's proof that people loved this design. I voted and bought one. Awesome shirt.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

STLuNaTiCv34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STLuNaTiCv34

First shirt I've ever bought from here. Nice design!

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2

yet another great shirt for me. I've bought so many from here in the last month. Thanks gentry.

bloczyns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloczyns

Voted for this one and kept my fingers crossed all week. In for 3 and if the woman's small is too big for my 7 year old, I will be back for #4. Thanks for an awesome design, tgentry, and congrats on a well-deserved win!