+ Add a Comment

bjdezek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjdezek
Re: bro-livia

I acknowledge that I made this one, and I am biased, but there is no logical reason for rejection here. I would LOVE an explanation. Perhaps I misjudged my audience here....it appeared to me that this was a site kind of "by geeks, for geeks"....who would be AGAINST finding out these types of guys have left the civilized world and gone somewhere else (obviously less civilized...as they are).

This was such an oppurtunity to make a statement, to publicly humiliate the type of people who humiliate geeks every day.

But again, I must have misjudged my audience. The ONLY people who could be offended by this shirt are the people it depicted....I am not interested in submitting future designs to a website that is now defending jocks, bro's, and capybaras.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
daedalusknight wrote:Heh... this reminds me of the postcards we used to make up as kids. Love it. And kudos for going with a postcard instead of just a seal or a flag. Great work.

Everything sounds like old radiators when you're in a land powered by steam.

I'm actually really surprised so few people have touched upon what I thought would be a popular style choice (steampunk). I made mine deliberately not too clockwork, but it looks like I could have pushed that further without blending in! Thank you for the compliments, too, I really appreciate it.

bjdezek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjdezek
Re: The Lightforge Nation

Excellent design. I won't buy one because of the text (it doesn't add any value...even if i know why it's there). I would love to have a non-text version though...or to have wOOt do a Steampunk contest next time...I'd love seeing all of those designs.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
bjdezek wrote:
But again, I must have misjudged my audience. The ONLY people who could be offended by this shirt are the people it depicted....I am not interested in submitting future designs to a website that is now defending jocks, bro's, and capybaras.

This audience member, at least, likes her shirts to not deliberately offend anyone. Woot follows the same guidelines. If you're going to have a small tantrum over a fair rejection, then maybe it's good that you're not interested in submitting future designs to a website that defends humanity.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Rockapulco

11!!

DagmarDobbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DagmarDobbs
atomanimus wrote:- I love this design -

Thank you!! I was inspired by both Japanese healdry (known as Mon) and my cat, who is insanely cute, but so fierce of kitteny tooth and claw that no one would dare invade his territory!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
hasdgfas wrote:If not for the fact that this is a huge print on the shirt, it'd have my vote. I'm not looking for something that large.

I really wanted a large print, but I understand if you are worried about the size. I would like to mention that even though the print covers the maximum area, there is a lot of shirt showing around the design and through the design. This will allow the shirt to move and breathe better than smaller designs that are solid.

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
Re: United Monotremia

You've got my vote just for the little guy in the corner exhorting us to "Read a Book!" :-D

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Rodentia

You really can draw a great rat.

jessephoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessephoenix
Re: The motto of life in MY world...

Don't all Woot-ers live by these principles to some extent? (vote! )

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
DirtiusMaximus wrote:Driven out from among the rest of humanity, branded as witches and monsters for their very long lives, the people called "bochim" (meaning "the crying ones") sought a place to live apart from the world. After long centuries they built a large city a mile beneath the Amazon Rain Forest. There they have flourished. At the center of their cultural identity is the concept of becoming whole or complete, symbolized by the circle.

That's the nutshell version, anyway.

Wow... great story. Is this part of a book or something that you're working on?

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Sachmoe64 wrote:Dude... Just dude...

Sorry, didn't want to get it wrong. Still love the shirt.

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

I love everything about this design. Well done!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
naemorris wrote:I'd be in for one!

alsoelp wrote:flight patch style. love it.

and the adorable fox seals the deal. gmv

jzelts wrote:the fox is the best. nice job.

Ashleyrah wrote:I love everything about this design. Well done!

Much appreciated everyone!

No love for the puppy though?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
bluchez wrote:I really wanted a large print, but I understand if you are worried about the size. I would like to mention that even though the print covers the maximum area, there is a lot of shirt showing around the design and through the design. This will allow the shirt to move and breathe better than smaller designs that are solid.

But it seems low down and part might be covered if tucked (of course i never tuck a tshirt in unless it's under another shirt).

Good job on making the fog so early... it deffinitely catches the eye.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: You Missed A Spot

My first entry in months! I'm back, baby!

I can has votes please?

>insert funny quote here<

daedalusknight

AlexIAm wrote:My first entry in months! I'm back, baby!

I can has votes please?

Very clean lines and sharp details. Do you use Illustrator?

eHalcyon

mihalis aya wrote:Everything sounds like old radiators when you're in a land powered by steam.

I'm actually really surprised so few people have touched upon what I thought would be a popular style choice (steampunk). I made mine deliberately not too clockwork, but it looks like I could have pushed that further without blending in! Thank you for the compliments, too, I really appreciate it.

I've only seen one other steampunk entry. I really like your take on the theme btw, and the colour scheme is great!

eHalcyon

Re: Viridios

viridi terra = green land, doesn't it? Already exists.

eHalcyon

pennglendinning wrote:The text in the box is an excerpt from the famous latin filler text that graphic designers and typographers often use: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit."

Also any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, color recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I guess I wasn't the only one thinking of lorem ipsum as a motto.

eHalcyon

Re: Squirreldom

I really like how you made the shield an acorn.

SydneyB

Re: Myopia: Resub

The test on the shirt says:

The land where you hold things dear to you, near to you.

We hope to see you here!

(Resubmitted because I thought the original did not show a difference on the thumbnail between this full version, as well as the simpler, Version 2, that I uploaded earlier.)

Please leave feedback, both good and bad - Please! I want to learn

llonvent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llonvent
Re: The Pica Republic

Eric!! It's so cute! GMV and good luck!

Elemental52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elemental52
Re: Procrasti-Nation

Sweet.... I love it....

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Rouge Nation of Boiling Rigatoni

The Rouge Nation of Boiling Rigatoni, Rigatonia, has a history of war and tomato sauce shed. These noodles will not back down though, their motto: "No Matter How Hot The Water Gets, We Will Not Soften!"

eHalcyon

heartluce wrote:I think you did a great job on this design and I reallly hope it gets fogged. I can see the work you put in and I think it really captures the spirt of paranoia as well as being a very cool shirt design. I love the expression on the horses' faces and how they're sort of tiptoeing around. Not to mention the motto. Love it <3.

I believe those are lions.

This shirt goes very well with this video.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

ha, thanks. I had a choice last night, go out with friends or stay home and figure out how to draw a rat. They didn't understand when I told them my choice

SydneyB

Re: CUCARACHIA

Ew.

daedalusknight

sundbe10 wrote:The Rouge Nation of Boiling Rigatoni, Rigatonia, has a history of war and tomato sauce shed. These noodles will not back down though, their motto: "No Matter How Hot The Water Gets, We Will Not Soften!"

Oh great. Now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot. :-)

eHalcyon

llonvent wrote:Eric!! It's so cute! GMV and good luck!

Thanks! With all the amazing entries sitting just below the fog right now, I really need the luck.

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
Re: Kingdom in my Head

so close to the top 4 yet so far!

gtonfire05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtonfire05

In Procrasti-Nation anything and everything is possible we dont live for today we live for the future we are the land of tomorrow......maybe....how about next week?

Re: Procrasti-Nation

SydneyB

Re: Myopia: Resub

Myopia: Where the glasses half useful.

Myopia: Where objects in the mirror may be sharper than they appear.

Make Myopia, Youopia!

BTW, just in case any of you are not sure, while Myopia is My World, the Dictionary.com definition of Myopia is:
–noun
1. Ophthalmology. a condition of the eye in which parallel rays are focused in front of the retina, objects being seen distinctly only when near to the eye; nearsightedness (opposed to hyperopia).

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
heartluce wrote:Sorry, didn't want to get it wrong. Still love the shirt.

No worries! I was just kidding with the saying it twice

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
daedalusknight wrote:Very clean lines and sharp details. Do you use Illustrator?

Thanks!

Yep... Do the design in illustrator then pull it into photoshop for the web images

>insert funny quote here<

SydneyB

Re: Lala Land

That must have been one boring class!!! :D

I wonder if the loose leaf lines will print on the shirt?

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Land of Cheese

The French means: 'Land of Cheese' (or 'Cheese Country')

The Latin means, of course: 'Fortune favors the bold'

Check out my blog:Here!

Deepster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deepster
SailorButterfly wrote:I'd like to visit there. ;-)

Where will this go on a shirt? Woot likes to see design placements on a shirt comp, and might reject this without one. Might wanna slap the design on a shirt and resubmit!

How does one slip the design in on a shirt, I could not figure out how to put it on the official Woot shirt PDF they have and change the base color of the shirt

daedalusknight

AlexIAm wrote:Thanks!

Yep... Do the design in illustrator then pull it into photoshop for the web images

Cool. I used to love working in illustrator. I've only got photoshop right now... much harder to get things perfect, but I'm learning to be better at it.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
eHalcyon wrote:I believe "terra" would actually mean "land", which basically amounts to the same thing.

I was mistaken on the French, btw. French would be "doux". I recognized it from the Spanish, "dulce". And I suppose English "dulcet" would work as well. I took French in high school but I only know sporadic Spanish, which is why I said French earlier. My bad. I wish I actually knew Latin. I've got myself a Latin dictionary (for naming things in my unfinished novels).

Anyway, segue aside, here's one more huzzah for Candy Country!

Terra, land.. makes sense =D Nice job on the languages! I barely know spanish, I can say hi and thank you in German, and can recognize Japanese characters. (dunno what they say, though. l ol) French would be fun to learn, but it's hard for me to learn other languages =( All I know of French is La Mer, and all the words the Flight of the Conchords say in the song, 'Foux Da Fa Fa' =D

Thanks so much for the kind words; I like your cute fox =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009