zeejayem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeejayem

I'm wearing mine camping.

debthomas89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debthomas89

Can you order another set of shirts using a new account, with the same address and a new credit card? We want one for each of us in our family of four.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
sandbar67 wrote:This design is three metric wootloads of awesome! The orange shirt makes it... Congrats JadenKale, glad this made it. In for two.

PS No, I will not put this in the sig box. I'm showing off and the point is that ppl see it

maybe i'm just incredibly anal, but every time i see your pic, the thought "i wish they were in order" flashes through my mind.

PocketRench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PocketRench

I like this one.

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

Made sure I got mine, woke up at 1:01am and grabbed it quick as possible and then went back to bed. (I had been up 24+ hours but I knew I'd kick myself if I missed this great shirt, Jaden!)

I cannot wait until it's in my hands, I've never been so excited to own an orange shirt.

I may have to try and recreate the shirt later today as I bought marshmallows at the store yesterday. :D

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
JadenKale wrote:Thanks!!!

HOT Design Jaden! This win is well deserved...

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
dogmantis wrote:Maybe thesnoo was thinking of this one:

http://www.threadless.com/submission/57327/Ted_Drew_the_Short_Straw_and_Got_the_Long_Stick/showmore,designs

Threadless never printed it but ExtraNifty did while they were around, and the image was also used in a newspaper article that made it into Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment a few weeks ago.

But JadenKale, your design is cool, too.

OY! That one is even sadder!

Congratulations, Jaden, on the win! I am a fan of your designs! Unfortunately, this time I'm with the ones that feel sorry for the marshmallow but I do acknowledge the fact that the design is still awesome!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

debthomas89 wrote:Can you order another set of shirts using a new account, with the same address and a new credit card? We want one for each of us in our family of four.

You can wait until tomorrow and get it here for $15.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dogmantis wrote:Maybe thesnoo was thinking of this one:

http://www.threadless.com/submission/57327/Ted_Drew_the_Short_Straw_and_Got_the_Long_Stick/showmore,designs

Threadless never printed it but ExtraNifty did while they were around, and the image was also used in a newspaper article that made it into Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment a few weeks ago.

But JadenKale, your design is cool, too.

Are you saying they're similar? I don't think they're very similar.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

in for 3, perfect summer shirt for the kids & me - I'll be able to spot them when they're climbing the rocks on the beach or out for a hike.

congrats JadenKale! I'm so impressed with a print on orange, I'm a happy camper.

I'd have been even happier if there was a tie with Zenne's, but you can't have everything

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

debthomas89 wrote:Can you order another set of shirts using a new account, with the same address and a new credit card? We want one for each of us in our family of four.

as long as your payment is different (new card, paypal, etc) yes, you can.

You can also buy it for $15 starting tomorrow, and you can buy an unlimited number.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

The "I Want One" is bouncing. Will there be a sell-out by 10am Central time?

WizeGuyDezignz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WizeGuyDezignz
superspryte wrote:Are yo usaying they're similar? I don't think they're very similar.

Their concepts are definitely similar, how can you not see that?

spoolinb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spoolinb

I got 2 at 1am. i am so addicted to shirt woot!!!! I am going to try and enter the next derby.

Love this shirt!!!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Okay, a 10:09 am sellout time. I was close.
Congrats, JadenKale!
I just wish I could have gotten a Woman's XXXS size in this shirt. The doggies (a Yorkie, 7 pounds, and a mystery dog, 10 pounds) needed this shirt, too. Yes, my dogs wear clothing.

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas

sold out. Very nice.

mia3mom

congrats on the sellout! this is such a great design.

imagine - 2 orange derby winners on the reckoning list!

everyone pick up more tomorrow for your next camping trip!

NosferatuRed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NosferatuRed

Cute shirt and I love it on orange! Not surprised it sold out so quickly :P

"Humankind -- Be both."

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Gratz on the sellout, Jaden. Looks like this week's derby was a success. Let's see how they rank in the reckoning list in a week. ^_^

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

WizeGuyDezignz wrote:Their concepts are definitely similar, how can you not see that?

One is cannibalism, the other is a marshamllow burning. The only similarities I see are the marshmallow is on fire and has a face. I'm also certain this idea wasn't taken from that design. 100%.

rattard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rattard

I was so excited for this shirt, best derby ever!

Flowerg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flowerg

Ok, i need two people...one to wear a graham cracker shirt...and one to wear a Chocolate Shirt.....

Cuz i think i may be into that... llo

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
superspryte wrote:One is cannibalism, the other is a marshamllow burning. The only similarities I see are the marshmallow is on fire and has a face. I'm also certain this idea wasn't taken from that design. 100%.

[sarcasm]
Good thing this wasn't found while it was still for voting, or Jaden would have been forced to argue that it should be taken out of the competition.

JadenKale wrote:As far as similarities, The CONCEPTS are dead on, even if the EXECUTION differs. ... And no one is arguing that [the artist] doesn't have a more intricately designed version. I think, if woot is true to the rules, they would reject it because similar CONCEPTS exist. But, woot has had an absolute horrible time determining the rules as of late, so I don't think this will be so easily cut and dry.

[/sarcasm]

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Since they are now sold out, (and thanks everyone who picked one up!!!) you can buy them tonight after midnight, just click the marshmallow in my sig. It's linked to the page for future purchases.

JadenKale

bluchez wrote:[/sarcasm]

Blu, had Graye and I known this was out there, I would have removed it. I shot down about a dozen different ideas. We did searches for marshmallow designs, and we never saw this come up (this was the first time I ever saw it)

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
JadenKale wrote:Since they are now sold out, (and thanks everyone who picked one up!!!) you can buy them tonight after midnight, just click the marshmallow in my sig. It's linked to the page for future purchases.

Congratulations JadenKale; nice design. My 7yo is a roasted marshmallow junkie, so I had to show it to her. Needless to say, she begged me for one. How could I say no, L-O-L ;)

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67
tabrazinski wrote:maybe i'm just incredibly anal, but every time i see your pic, the thought "i wish they were in order" flashes through my mind.

That was the idea at one point, but one get out of line, and the others followed. you know how it goes.

Those fascis t moderators keep deleting my posts anyway. I guess that huge advertisement for them takes up too much valuable space on the itty-bitty woot servers

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
JadenKale wrote:Blu, had Graye and I known this was out there, I would have removed it. I shot down about a dozen different ideas. We did searches for marshmallow designs, and we never saw this come up (this was the first time I ever saw it)

You wouldn't have needed to remove. They're not that similar.

(I knew about the Threadless one, but it never even occurred to me that it was a potential rejection reason for yours- they're done totally differently and have major conceptual differences.)

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
JadenKale wrote:Blu, had Graye and I known this was out there, I would have removed it. I shot down about a dozen different ideas. We did searches for marshmallow designs, and we never saw this come up (this was the first time I ever saw it)

JadenKale wrote:It's not the same. Yes, a moose playing hockey, but it's not the same. And I find it rude that you put a 'buy it now' in my thread. I drew this from scratch and that would be like telling anyone who does a moose, or refers to hockey or does a leaf, that it's been done before and needs to be removed. My design is original and I have the sketch to prove it.

Jaden, these two shirts aren't similar. I absolutely don't think that they are. C'mon, there would have been no reason to pull it, you would have let woot decide like all the rest of the designers would have.

v1ctorya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages v1ctorya

That other shirt has been on sale at Noisebot since I realized these type of sites existed.

Reminds me of the line of a poem, "No one ever warned me that the mind, in it's ignorance repeats the vision of others."

It's a cute theme, well done on both sides. And very easy to imagine there are even more out there with this theme being entered in contests and sold on other sites.

Doesn't diminish either artists works.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Oh darn, I missed this one.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

My first Orange Tshirt in [deleted for privacy reasons] years!
Congrats on the sell-out JK.

tohru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru

JadenKale,Great shirt!
My daughter and I must be sadists. We LOVE this shirt. I could only buy one today because when I woot on my stoopid phone I can only order one. So in for another tomorrow. My 13 yearold son thinks it is sad. Bwaahaa.He said look at the tears and we said "Hello, that is what makes it great." He bought the lemon shirt yesterday so go figure. So congrats Jaden, We have your Nessie shirts and now the Toasted shirt(s). Love the orange! I want to wear mine around little kids and see their reaction. Bwahaha.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Nice Jaden!

Woot!

WizeGuyDezignz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WizeGuyDezignz

I'm a graphic designer with some technical ability, and my girlfriend is great with art. We want to submit a design for the next Derby if possible. What are the requirements and guidelines? Thanks!

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
v1ctorya wrote:That other shirt has been on sale at Noisebot since I realized these type of sites existed.

Reminds me of the line of a poem, "No one ever warned me that the mind, in it's ignorance repeats the vision of others."

It's a cute theme, well done on both sides. And very easy to imagine there are even more out there with this theme being entered in contests and sold on other sites.

Doesn't diminish either artists works.

=)

I can say that the idea of instiling human characteristics to food items being cooked over a campfire has probably been around longer than I've been alive. :P

Jaden's artwork for this piece is her own, the placement (mostly) is her own, and the idea came straight out of a sketch I made around 2000 - 2001 while I was bored as the SRO on duty. =P She used her judgments and left out elements to enlarge and enhance the details of the fellow marshmallows.

The original sketch had a guy in a lawn chair wearing shorts and flip flops, roasting the one marshmallow, while 4 others sat on a stump, one in shock, one looking away, one screaming, and one trying to get away.

I do like that other shirt though, first time I saw it and the cannibalistic theme is awesome. ;) On one hand I wish I had thought of that, because it is great, on the other hand I'm glad I didn't because I do feel comfortable now that the designs are not imposing upon each other besides both being personified marshmallows being cooked.

Good job again with the composition Jaden, and GL with future derbies. ;)

TomTee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomTee

Dang: was doing volunteer work and missed out on shirt.

If anyone changes their mind and wants to sell their men's 3XL, leave a message here. I'll provide my e-mail address, etc.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

Sweet shirt!! To bad it sold out already!!

I once ate a cricket.

JadenKale

TomTee wrote:Dang: was doing volunteer work and missed out on shirt.

If anyone changes their mind and wants to sell their men's 3XL, leave a message here. I'll provide my e-mail address, etc.

You can buy it tonight after midnight. Just click the marshmallow in my sig.

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

I'm glad this sold out... congrats!

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!