AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Tummy Ache

Totally unique! Let me vote this up into the fog, because I've never seen this before in my life!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Vine

yikes...I didn't realize what I was getting into when I did this. I thought it looked nice and subtle on a tee but didn't mean to anger anyone.
I certainly don't claim that this took hours - it took one or two minutes. I apologize if it seems like a cheap entry - I expected the ones I put effort into to do much better than this one.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Tension at the Dumpster

Such elitism! Still, it's a small price to pay for going green...

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

You're right, Raikus, a froggy plaid does have a certain overwhelming sense of manliness. I accidentally commented earlier using my parents' screenname (blacksmokey), but I'll say it again- that's a mighty fine amphibian. Q: What kind of leaf does he sit on?

A: a lily plaid

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: the Last Green (resub)

Thank you!!!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Photosynthesis

Very clever! Nicely done.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Love it! gmv

jabehler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabehler
Re: Celtic Arbor

Very nice. I hope this wins! The artist here is the best!

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
riffmaster18 wrote:yikes...I didn't realize what I was getting into when I did this. I thought it looked nice and subtle on a tee but didn't mean to anger anyone.
I certainly don't claim that this took hours - it took one or two minutes. I apologize if it seems like a cheap entry - I expected the ones I put effort into to do much better than this one.

Hey, you tapped into something people obviously like. Don't apologize for it. I know what you mean about the designs you put your blood and sweat into not performing well, but the Woot voter is a psychological mystery.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Overgrowth

Awesome design, incredible detail, and a strong message. And yes, pretty. I love this!

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
Nuggit wrote:This is inspiring. Looks nice too

Thank you!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

I'll go out on a limb and dub thee "Sir Derbychamp" Very funny, clever, and well-executed. Great job.

NekoTayTai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NekoTayTai

wow!! pretty!!!

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
haxrox wrote:You're right, Raikus, a froggy plaid does have a certain overwhelming sense of manliness. I accidentally commented earlier using my parents' screenname (blacksmokey), but I'll say it again- that's a mighty fine amphibian. Q: What kind of leaf does he sit on?

A: a lily plaid

Ba-da-dum!

I deleted the previous comment. I meant it as a joke and didn't want it interpreted as vote whoring in someone else's thread. Much respect for eHalcyon's design.

npvrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npvrose

<3

gmv =)

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: The Recircle of Life

*sigh* Only three votes so far and they're all from friends... doesn't anyone else think this is funny? *sigh* *playing harmonica* Ohhh so loneleh!!!

johnnybaboon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybaboon
Re: Eve's Temptation is my Problem Now

This is my favorite by far. Hopefully, this won't get over looked. This deserves a print for sure.

choas2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choas2k
Re: Celtic Arbor

This is so cool I want one I want one!! At this rate I will have a woot shirt for everyday of the week!!

StrawberryJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrawberryJuice

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: the Last Green (resub)

Riff,

If I'm rough on some of your designs, it's because I know you can do better. This would be an example. Your red blood cell from the long long ago would be another (though I'd be more apt to buy that as a print than a shirt). Last night I saw your bull on Threadless, and while I don't pretend to know what Threadless likes and dislikes, it feels like it would fit their catalog. That's the thing. I know what you're capable of. I've seen it in plenty of derbies.

Not that I think my opinion will do much of anything to sway anyone (though it's been known to pile votes on when negative, so you're welcome if you place with your vine), but it's one thing to see someone submit nonsense when that's all they're capable of. To me, from an actual artist, it's harder for me to rationalize entries that look more like vector packs. I expect a lot from designers who are serious, professional designers. I like that this particular design is a bit more abstract, a bit stylized, more unique than just any tree idea... I'd love to see more of this from you, and less work that could garner the "vector" accusation, warranted or not.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
illuminator wrote:It's cute but I don't know... something about the eyes...

Same thing girls used to say to me in high school. :P

CharlieArt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CharlieArt
Re: The Guilt of Mr. Green

I love this, but I don't know how to vote, I'm new!

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Vine

Wow, just reading through some of these comments, alot of people take this stuff way too seriously.

It's a t-shirt for the love of God, a t-shirt.

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning

*giggles*, love the expressions on the 'recyclables'

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
riffmaster18 wrote:yikes...I didn't realize what I was getting into when I did this. I thought it looked nice and subtle on a tee but didn't mean to anger anyone.

I agree with the other poster who said no need to apologize. You had an idea and entered it, people happen to like it. I say congrats.

pennglendinning

Re: Green Beret

llo.

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
AdderXYU wrote:Value needs to have substance to back it up. It's going to be a melange of opinions cut with respectability and knowledge. Or, to put it another way, if 50 out of 50 reputable graphic designers say Grow looks like a corporate logo, they're more likely to have appraised its actual value better than the 1000+ people who bought the damn thing.

Too bad those 50 reputable graphic designers don't determine who wins the derby.
I think you miss the point that value is up to the individual. You are always angry at the woot collective because of this. Value in the sense of these contests is not measured by time, energy, skill, or anything other than... VOTES! If Grow looks like a corporate logo, but sells more than your shirt design, he wins. He has the money, you don't. End of story. The individuals who voted for/bought the shirt though it was worth a value of $10 and that is why it sold.

CharlieArt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CharlieArt
Re: Money Tree

How do I vote?

pennglendinning

AdderXYU wrote:Totally unique! Let me vote this up into the fog, because I've never seen this before in my life!

(/sarcasm)?

ry4nsm1th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ry4nsm1th

Great design! Sadly, I can't buy if it wins, my dad might get the wrong idea about me doing yard work or something. =(

pennglendinning

Re: Battle of the bins!

I recommend spending a little more time on your entry

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

Reminds me that my wife ran off with a tractor salesman...she wrote me a John Deere letter.

11zmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11zmom
Re: Energy Conservation Resub

Hm, might withdraw this after a day. It loses a lot with the text limitation.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
AdderXYU wrote:Totally unique! Let me vote this up into the fog, because I've never seen this before in my life!

Whats wrong with it?

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Jambando wrote:Too bad those 50 reputable graphic designers don't determine who wins the derby.
I think you miss the point that value is up to the individual. You are always angry at the woot collective because of this. Value in the sense of these contests is not measured by time, energy, skill, or anything other than... VOTES! If Grow looks like a corporate logo, but sells more than your shirt design, he wins. He has the money, you don't. End of story. The individuals who voted for/bought the shirt though it was worth a value of $10 and that is why it sold.

I think the point he's saying is - It's a sad state of affairs for those wanting to up the ante at shirt.woot.

Woot will never be the artistic site that DBH or even Threadless is. It's the poorman's shirt site where the voters enjoy shirts one might find at Hot Topic or K-mart. They, more often than not, reward shirts that have little artistic value. They do it because they like it though. When you can't change the audience, you either change your designs to the lowest common denominator so to speak, or you leave.

Really, I'm glad that this easy, no-effort junk wins on this site. It means that I can make an easy $1000 too.

If I want cool and artistic I'll go to DBH.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Venus Mind Trap

Reminds me of The Mars Volta.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Cloverboard!

This is delightfully strange and twisted. You are so good at this type of thing, JadenKale. Of course, a big ole' GMV.
I had multiple compliments on "Oh Burned" Wednesday when I wore it.
I'm still hoping someone submits a design with British mushy peas (hint, hint?)

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Eat Your Greens

Quick, I love this, but there's a no text rule this week. Please fix.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
Re: Eat Your Greens

It's a bit hard to see in this small image, but that asparagus is totally getting forked through the eye!
HA! Violence.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
AGrant311 wrote:Quick, I love this, but there's a no text rule this week. Please fix.

How do I remove it?