capthoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capthoss

I'm dying to get this shirt... I hope it wins. Best of luck...

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Vine

Way too much drama. Can we change the topic to 90's sitcoms?

I always liked Step By Step, and Full House was one of my all time favorites, because that Michelle always had the cutest things to say. Thinking of her spouting out, "How Rude" brings a smile to my face.

What about you guys?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
dekonstruct wrote:Alien pee makes flowers happy!

I love it.

llo thanks for your interpretation!

i was aiming for the aliens watering the plant, but as long as woot doesn't reject it for being bathroom humor, you can see it however you want.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
AdderXYU wrote:I cannot count the ways this infuriates me.

Let's start with this: If you can understand english enough to write it, you can understand it well enough to READ THE BOLD TYPE THAT SAYS NO TEXT.

Maybe they submitted it just to piss you off..

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Way too much drama. Can we change the topic to 90's sitcoms?

I always liked Step By Step, and Full House was one of my all time favorites, because that Michelle always had the cutest things to say. Thinking of her spouting out, "How Rude" brings a smile to my face.

What about you guys?

Good ol' Jesse and the Rippers. Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers - all the cheesiest and most amazing television you could pack into your childhood.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Going Green

Everyone's going green . .

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
sokowa wrote:Everyone's going green . .

How did the apple... nvm llo!... reallyt cute!

invisiblecrazy

11zmom wrote:Hm, might withdraw this after a day. It loses a lot with the text limitation.

It's just weird enough that I really like it. Reminds me of this artist... http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/05/phone_coil_sheep.html

sokowa

illuminator wrote:How did the apple... nvm llo!... reallyt cute!

Them are some creative apples, trust me ;)

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: I will survive

What part of NO TEXT do you not understand????

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
riffmaster18 wrote:Good ol' Jesse and the Rippers. Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers - all the cheesiest and most amazing television you could pack into your childhood.

The greatest thing about Perfect Strangers was the theme song, I'd have that stuck in my head for days after it played.

We also can't forget Who's The Boss, as Tony Danza taught all of us that even former baseball players aren't above doing domestic work for a living. Plus, the show had Alyssa Milano, and she grew into a woman who looks darn hot as a genie ...

snarkygal

Re: Recycle your green--support your local economy

Sorry, but Woot will not print money and the 1 is considered text and this is a no text derby, so this will be rejected.

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
invisiblecrazy wrote:I really like this one--it looks like a White's tree frog, a species I love...I gotta ask, though--did you hand draw the frog, or is it from clipart/stock photo?
I'm a reptile-a-holic, so if this is original, you've GMV...

I used two GIS results for references. One for the head and the other for the body. I then used the pen tool to create the shade lines and fill borders. I wish I could draw them from memory, but unfortunately I need to have reference photos to help me create the composition. The plaid was put together in Illustrator from scratch and then scribbled out to provide the texture.

Thanks for the question. I never mind talking shop.

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Breaking Light

I love negative space designs. This is the view from my rear deck. I'm thinking you've spent time in Wa. state

snarkygal

Re: Clash of the Colors!

How is this green conceptually? If I am not mistaken, this is ANOTHER resub from another Derby.

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
Re: Green Fairy

image needs to be 1/3 smaller

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
suzyottomatic wrote:I love negative space designs. This is the view from my rear deck. I'm thinking you've spent time in Wa. state

HAHAHA Im from Washington!!! This is my first attempt at this style (I think it shows). Im glad you like it.

invisiblecrazy

elbryan wrote:The shirt doesn't say soylent green anywhere, and it's more of a similar idea to the film, not actually a direct reference. If not for the title of the image, it's just another design. I like it. I don't think it's in violation at all.

I like it too...that's why I was asking...
I know woot's rejectionator is somewhat arbitrary, and I'm afraid this may get hit with the big 'ole stamp of doom...

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
CharlieArt wrote:I love this, but I don't know how to vote, I'm new!

If you havn't bought a shirt yet, you cant vote, but I was on the fence about giving this a vote, so 'Ill go ahead and do it in your honor ;)

Assassin4Hire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Assassin4Hire

Damn right gas prices are too high I just paid $5.45 for a gallon of deisel. lets all hope this shirt changes the world

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
WeezTheJuice wrote:Whats wrong with it?

He's just been ranting lately about everyone not using enough creativity and playing to everyone's 'cute bone' look around the forum to see some of his posts for a better, and yet more eloquent explanation.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
TurboGraphx16 wrote:The greatest thing about Perfect Strangers was the theme song, I'd have that stuck in my head for days after it played.

We also can't forget Who's The Boss, as Tony Danza taught all of us that even former baseball players aren't above doing domestic work for a living. Plus, the show had Alyssa Milano, and she grew into a woman who looks darn hot as a genie ...

Ha ha...Great points. On the topic of that era, I should also compliment the fact that your screenname is Bonk's Adventure compatible - for me, he was right up there with Sonic and Mario.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

suzyottomatic

Re: Green Eyed Monster

He's a cutie. Well done.

sokowa

dsladek wrote:nice work!

Thanks D. From you that's the highest compliment! Love your stuff.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
Re: Photosynthesis

thanks for the compliments!

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
Andy47240 wrote:CrazyAss, I thought this would fare better. I really like it.

Thanks, I thought so too.

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
Re: Common Sense

I think I'd like it better if they were horizontally across the chest instead of down the side, as is so common these days.

snarkygal

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Re: The Vampire Cactus

i like this drawing style. he's a little too big though.

mia3mom

Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

great collab, guys!

I'd love to get one for my husband as an ironic gift, since our grass is currently waist-high.

and then leave others at the doors of neighbors who wake me at 6am on Sunday with their mowers

suzyottomatic

heartluce wrote:Agreed. Have you submitted anything for a daily? Would love to buy one.
I'm still in love with that teahouse.

Ya, resubmit. I want both, or at least a chance of getting one of them. Great stuff as usual.

mia3mom

Re: Rampage Salad

this is so much fun! I hope the voters aren't tired of food with faces after the summer derby

fyb3roptik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyb3roptik
snarkygal wrote:What part of NO TEXT do you not understand????

Yeah yeah.....I thought about that AFTER I submitted it......I think it would be better without the text anyways.....

chrisdg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdg
snarkygal wrote:Sorry, but Woot will not print money and the 1 is considered text and this is a no text derby, so this will be rejected.

I tried to obscure the text. I wanted it to clearly be currency, and thought I had gotten rid of of the text.
Guess we'll see...

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
mia3mom wrote:this is so much fun! I hope the voters aren't tired of food with faces after the summer derby

Thanks!

I didn't catch the summer derby. I guess it's a good thing or else I probably wouldn't have made this.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: green maples

Line art detail. Thanks for looking!

jaik3n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaik3n
snarkygal wrote:How is this green conceptually? If I am not mistaken, this is ANOTHER resub from another Derby.

This is an exercise in color theory.
The two sumos represent Yellow and Blue, clashing in a battle that will result in GREEN. My other shirt deals with the same theory, with yellow and blue roots growing and intertwinging to create green leaves.

I've actually only been aware of the derby two weeks and made this design TODAY, after my first one, "Growing Green". This is my 3rd submission total. Last week i submitted a Color Nation - Coloronia.

So no, this is not a ReSub. Thank you for checking facts before you pass judgement.

Vote for me! I'm STARVING!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: It's not easy being plaid

I really, really, like this design! Well made! Well placed too.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: 'Nade 3.0

i drink your milkshake