MrMcNoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMcNoot
Re: 'Nade 3.0

This is awesome. I saw this shirt in the revolution derby, and I was very disappointed that it did not place. Hopefully it will place this time though with the early entry.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
Raikus wrote:I used two GIS results for references. One for the head and the other for the body. I then used the pen tool to create the shade lines and fill borders. I wish I could draw them from memory, but unfortunately I need to have reference photos to help me create the composition. The plaid was put together in Illustrator from scratch and then scribbled out to provide the texture.

Thanks for the question. I never mind talking shop.

Thanks for the info...you've GMV even though I don't do plaid...I'm part of three different reptile organisations and the other members will be green with envy... ;-)

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Things have GOT to change! (for the better!!!)

What's more amusing, the resub king saying "things have to change", or the boxed off rays being considered "for the better"?

AdderXYU

Re: I will survive

Text? Check
Power button? Check
Possible X-Box symbolism? Check

Yeah, there's no part of this design that won't get rejected. Even if you just submit the black shirt, there's no green.

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
invisiblecrazy wrote:Thanks for the info...you've GMV even though I don't do plaid...I'm part of three different reptile organisations and the other members will be green with envy... ;-)

Well, technically you'd only be wearing a green shirt. The frog would be doing plaid ;)

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Postcard

It was nice last week, but makes a better shirt as you have it now. Nicely done Mihalis. Not exactly masculine, but it would look good on one of my kids. I'd buy one.

Super6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Super6
Re: Banana are like traffic lights...

Bananas are like traffic lights, only the exact opposite. When a banana is yellow you go, when a traffic light is yellow you wait. When a banana is green you wait, when a traffic light is green you go.
However, if your banana is red you should probably treat it like a traffic light and stop.

AdderXYU

Re: 'Nade 3.0

Someone remind me what part of this is changed?

Oh, that's right, the submission number.

AdderXYU

Super6 wrote:Bananas are like traffic lights, only the exact opposite. When a banana is yellow you go, when a traffic light is yellow you wait. When a banana is green you wait, when a traffic light is green you go.
However, if your banana is red you should probably treat it like a traffic light and stop.

I believe red is actually "where the frak did you get that banana from". Way to rip a dead man.

blindtrout89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindtrout89
AdderXYU wrote:I cannot count the ways this infuriates me.

Let's start with this: If you can understand english enough to write it, you can understand it well enough to READ THE BOLD TYPE THAT SAYS NO TEXT.

oh right sry for getting u mad

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: The Reluctant Vegan

That one dude has to eat a carrot, why can't he have chicken, bro? ENVY. VEGETABLES. GREEN.

kaliah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaliah

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

FRIIIIIIIIIIED CHICK'N

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
pennglendinning wrote:He's just been ranting lately about everyone not using enough creativity and playing to everyone's 'cute bone' look around the forum to see some of his posts for a better, and yet more eloquent explanation.

No, that's not it at all. Woot has already printed a shirt very similar in theme as this one called Eating Healthy, which I have linked in another post.

AdderXYU

I'd like to think every vegan is reluctant. If you can confidently jump straight to no bacon or cheese, you are clinically insane.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
suzyottomatic wrote:He's a cutie. Well done.

darn, i was going for creepy again, but thanks ;)

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

ah I was waiting for u to make an appearance.
Everyone does resubs now.
It fit the theme and there were some weak entries so I'm just tryin my luck
haven't had much time for anything new lately

Please check it out

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

Gotta love carnivorous brocolli!

hiphippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiphippo

This is adorable!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
dekonstruct wrote:Thanks!

I didn't catch the summer derby. I guess it's a good thing or else I probably wouldn't have made this.

For me, yours is extremely different. It's all in the characterization. I like it (but I've already said that llo).

inbetweenlines

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inbetweenlines
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

Great Collaboration!

ptbull88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptbull88
Re: The Quest for the Piggy Bank of the Emerald Sea

ninja pandas, octopus pirate, cool beard by the way, and lots of weapons. Whats not to like. Great execution. I'd buy.

pgoldberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pgoldberg
cheer4vols wrote:image needs to be 1/3 smaller

I don't really understand the people drawn to the tiny pictures...it's like they want to pay $10 for a blank shirt.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
mjc613 wrote:I would have liked this more if the picture was a bit bigger and without the gears. But I do like it a lot as it is. Glad you brought this back, it's very attractive.

The doors are actually geared, themselves; it was a green steampunk-esque sort of world I envisioned, so the gears as the frame fit right in for me. I'm glad you like it!

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: A LITTLE GREEN AROUND THE GILLS...i.e.naseous

I have this problem with spelling, but it only seems to occur on WOOT. It's nauseous. I looked it up before I typed it. A-ha! It is typing that is my downfall.

Vote for Green Around the Gills despite my spelling error.

pgoldberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pgoldberg
Xzanthis wrote:What it really started to mean to me is that out of choas and strife sometimes comes really great and unexpected things. And a good oven mitt will solve just about anything

More florida brush needs oven mitts!

ptbull88

jaik3n wrote:This is an exercise in color theory.
The two sumos represent Yellow and Blue, clashing in a battle that will result in GREEN. My other shirt deals with the same theory, with yellow and blue roots growing and intertwinging to create green leaves.

I've actually only been aware of the derby two weeks and made this design TODAY, after my first one, "Growing Green". This is my 3rd submission total. Last week i submitted a Color Nation - Coloronia.

So no, this is not a ReSub. Thank you for checking facts before you pass judgement.

Yea, tell it like it is! I love sumos. Gmv.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: The Quest for the Piggy Bank of the Emerald Sea

Take away the ninjas. I am sick of the ninja/pirate thing. Minus ninjas, this shirt would be amazing. Your drawing is great!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
suzyottomatic wrote:Ya, resubmit. I want both, or at least a chance of getting one of them. Great stuff as usual.

thanks guys

ptbull88

Re: Asparagus Round-Up (Pea Police)

Cool. Really like the shadow detail.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
danlhaas wrote:Cool! Love the sort of... graffiti feel to it.

That's what I was going for. Something cool and wearable.... without being cutesy. Unfortunately, cutesy gets all the votes. Oh well! Thanks for voting!

taikuodo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taikuodo
Re: Light at the End of the Dock: American Dream

In honor of my AP English teacher.

GravityJMB

Re: Leaves of Grass

Simple, wearable, cool.

Got my vote.

I think an off-center placement lower on the shirt would look better... but it's got my vote anyhow.

GravityJMB

Re: The Incredible T-shirt

Soooo.... how's this gonna look on the girls' shirts?

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Re: Color of Luck

Not a huge fan of brown, but I love this so it gmv!

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

mihalis aya

Re: Celtic Arbor

Lovely knotwork--I especially love the asymmetry. I'm not sure I like it on the shirt (it seems plain), but it's well done none the less.

mendozatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mendozatron
Re: Brocc the Jock

love it .

mihalis aya

redghia69 wrote:It was nice last week, but makes a better shirt as you have it now. Nicely done Mihalis. Not exactly masculine, but it would look good on one of my kids. I'd buy one.

It's totally masculine. You could definitely wear it, you manly man, you.

mihalis aya

Re: The root of all growth

It's funny, this is the one I like better this week. Ah well.

lifeinabox42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifeinabox42

Wait for a reason to resubmit it with the text. I would definitely buy it then!