docjawbreaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docjawbreaker
Raikus wrote:Well, technically you'd only be wearing a green shirt. The frog would be doing plaid ;)

Is that the "Tartan poison-arrow frog", the one whose toxin makes your body divide into cubic segments?

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Nature Friend

Love that little face. You just want to take it home. GMV.

Super6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Super6
tomatorosebud wrote:thank you. R.I.P. Mitch.

That's the problem with liking a comedian who wanted to try every drug in the world. He was epic.

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy
Re: Green Fairy

I hope this makes it. My daughter would LOVE it.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

malaflam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malaflam

Ha...I had a feeling it would be rejected but I figured I'd give it a go. But yes, it is being sick...Thats all I could think about when I see a grass green shirt.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: The grass is always greener...

I'm glad some one did this - I was going to, but couldn't decide how to do the fence properly.

alsoelp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsoelp
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

oh lordy the racing stripes. brilliant.

and that is quite the intricate shield

Take a look, I think you'd want one.

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Thrive

fav of the derby so far, great job!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Discobiscuits wrote:damn that was a big vote spurt! congrats on making the fog!

Thanks, I just hope it can stay there. This is the first time im got in to the fog at this point!

mikent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikent
toe2254 wrote:this is a really fun design. well done!

thanks. I love creating fish, and in this case envious fish.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Out of Green

Ovaltina, my goat I know exactly how that feels... gmv!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Yay Frendz!

my favorite in the fog...btw what color is the actual shirt?

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
Re: Green Thumb

While I normally like the halftone effect, I think it's really being overdone recently. I like it's effect on the thumb, but I think it goes overboard on the hand.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Out of Green

The symbol $ is considered text.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Escaping Lizards!

Very cool design!

InvisibleBearFighter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InvisibleBearFighter
sokowa wrote:Them are some creative apples, trust me ;)

Apples!!! i really didn't have any hope for this derby until i saw this. I MUST HAVE IT!! I'll sell my car for this to get into the fog.

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Tea Garden

Awsome, boy you must have been busy last night with the extra entrys.

Randor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randor
Re: The Greens [Redone]

I submitted this entry earlier, but decided to smooth the edges and change the colors around a bit. I think this entry looks better... how abouts you?

Sometimes the blues just isn't the right color to express your mood. When faced with this dilema, a new genre must substitute: the greens! And as for the frog, well... he can't help but be green, can he?

NekoTayTai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NekoTayTai
redghia69 wrote:Aw, c'mon now Adder, that's not very nice. But there is a 6-color rule.

Neko, note also that designs are often rejected if the detail doesn't match the comp -- it might sound picky, but if you resub with 6 colors, you might want to fill green shirt-color around the detail image just to be safe.

It's cute, and cute often does well around here, whether Adder likes it or not. Good luck!

Ahh, I really want to resubmit it with the green around the figures, but I am so scared it will be rejected for not being a big enough change...

Randor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randor
aerodino wrote:So every green pun gets rejected? I like the humor of this design.
Unfair rejection, I say!

well thanks for the support :D perhaps woot doesn't appreciate my puns :P

unless anyone's got any good ideas to make this "on topic," i don't think i'll rework it

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Lady

Beautiful, and very unique for Woot.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
AGrant311 wrote:I really like the koala bear, but the asteriks and the arrow coming out of the bear's rear end ruin it for me. If this were just the leaves and the bear, I suspect it would be getting more votes, mine included. Granted, that would change your intended message here, but it would come across as a much more "nature-inspired piece."

I resubbed with the bear alone... thanks for the comments!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
joelterrific wrote:Admitting it's a resub is maybe the nail in the coffin for this.

ok well the first sub of this derby was significantly changed from its previous derby, but the judges say no, grrr but ok fine.
i planned on selling it on my own anyway. but i have been pm'd by many wooters to resub.
it did very well the first time and fit the theme and dont tell me to be original because i was the one who created it in the first place... but the admitting it comment, Joel, that makes no sense. Are you telling me to lie or to just pretend and try to trick people?

people make comments based on things they know nothing about, like my life. I'd rather resub then not sub at all, i took a few weeks off and i would have taken this one too but i missed woot and had some stuff that fit the theme. be annoyed all you want but i have nothin to loose by subbing. I attempted to make significant changes but obviously they arent noticed. adder im glad you have such a high standard of living and asthetic but i havent reached that point in my life yet...

Please check it out

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
NekoTayTai wrote:Ahh, I really want to resubmit it with the green around the figures, but I am so scared it will be rejected for not being a big enough change...

if you're afraid of rejection this isn't the place for you. no one likes being rejected, but you can't take it personally or fear it.

Bryan818

snarkygal wrote:Another resub Bryan??? When was the last time you tried to come up with something new?

its been weeks i been busy sorry i have a life... i can do other things then creepily hang around shirt contest and make nasty comments

Please check it out

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: It's not easy being plaid

i love frogs and the plaid is a cool idea, gmv

Bryan818

snarkygal wrote:Another resub Bryan??? When was the last time you tried to come up with something new?

this peice took a long time i dont use a tablet, i am proud of the work and wanted to give it a chance...

I RESUB CAUSE MOST OF MY IDEAS COME TOO LATE AND I JUST WANT TO TRY TO SEE IF THEY WOULD FAIR ANY BETTER IF I SUBMIT THEM EARLIER

Please check it out

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
2thFairy wrote:The symbol $ is considered text.

I hope it doesn't get rejected for that, but if it does I suppose it would be a simple matter to fix... :/

narkus

Re: Greed Frogs

wow! this is great. the faces you draw are always my fav. i saw your one reply; do you have a place you have your other designs up? i wasn't aware

narkus

fablefire wrote:Thanks much guys. Doesn't look like it'll pull through but I'll post it elsewhere after 60 days.

I also really appreciate the Studio Ghibli comparison. I absolutely adore their work, and am flattered that you think of them when you look at the design. <3

awww boooooooo! what happened to the animated devil with the fiddle in your sig!!!!!! i loved seeing him!!!!!!!

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: It's Your Lucky Day

I was hoping someone would do something cool and Irish for this derby...this is it!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Breaking Light

Beautiful work...please do not make a corresponding "Breaking Wind" shirt.

narkus

Re: Yay Frendz!

why don't some guys think they can't wear cutsie funny shirts? when i see a dude in a shirt like this, i think sense of humor, doesn't take self too seriously, good natured, secure in own skin, and he immediately is more attractive : ) i myself have always had a strong affinity for monsters. go mothra!

gmv

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
mlwarren wrote:I really like this and would buy if it was not on black. But love the frogs. Good luck.

Thanks for looking! About being on black, I know. I sorta had to cheat and use the black shirt background as my "7th color" (for the outline of the frogs). I tried putting it on green and royal blue, but it kinda washed everything out.

narkus

Re: Soylent Green

HYSTERICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Blooki wrote:I've seen this turtle somewhere before. Are you sure it isn't a copyrighted image?

No, I'm sure I hold the copyright on it.

narkus

Re: PAYBACK!

very, very, cool idea! love the art too!!!!! awesome!

britmill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britmill

i like idea on this one, but i think the design is way too big on the shirt...not wearable for me. cool though!

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
Re: The Power of Green

Power Symbol = Rejection... Interesting idea though!

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
Re: Go Green, Go Nuclear

Great Design. I love Nuclear power and the technical-esque look of this shirt. GMV