quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Thrive

Lizards and frogs? A winner in my book!

Kil1ertofu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kil1ertofu

spidershan07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidershan07
Re: Green Thumb

you know, its not so great to being a green thumb.
vote for my shirt! the true story of being a green thumb!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=17224

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
Re: Simply Green

Have a look at this one! I think it's simple and elegant; and not too girly, either.

spidershan07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidershan07
Re: Go Big Green Thumb

you know, its not so great to being a green thumb.
vote for my shirt! the true story of being a green thumb!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=17224

parched

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parched

Feeding ducks is bad for the environment and can result in severe injury due to subsequent goose attack.

mjkelleher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjkelleher
SydneyB wrote:I may submit a smaller "pocket" version of this later, still considering it, and/or one on rainforest leaves, making for a more complicated design, but I decided to go with simpler first, for a change.

This would be terrific for my sister-in-law, the frog collector... IF it were smaller. Say anywhere from half-size down to pocket. Automatic gift purchase by me in that case. Just FWIW. 8-)

jfoOg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfoOg
Re: Supa' FRESH Pickle

Green means fresh. And this, my friend, is the freshest brined cuc' this side of the pumpkin patch. This is one supa' cool pickle, representing a symbol of hope for all green-kind, and a warning for those not-so-fresh brown rotten veggies.

Kil1ertofu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kil1ertofu
Re: Monochromatic Tandem

Any suggestions on how to make this design more on topic?

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek
snarkygal wrote:No, that's not it at all. Woot has already printed a shirt very similar in theme as this one called Eating Healthy, which I have linked in another post.

I like the monster in this one better.

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
narkus wrote:why don't some guys think they can't where cutsie funny shirts? when i see a dude in a shirt like this, i think sense of humor, doesn't take self too seriously, good natured, secure in own skin, and he immediately is more attractive : ) i myself have always had a strong affinity for monsters. go mothra!

gmv

couldn't agree more with you. I bought a number of shirts for my S.O., and his favorite so far was the Kawai one- the cute orange girl in a dress? if this wins I think I am gonna have to get 2 so he doesn't fight me for mine. :P he will wear it for the same reasons i will. its cute, funny and I match the pic ROTFL

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

Evilsher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evilsher
Re: Chlorophyll

Fantastic and amusing, plus, it is a shirt I would wear - nice one!

I am too lazy to confirm the accuracy myself - is this alpha?

dasponge2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasponge2004

I'm telling all my friends to vote for this one, this is amazing! PLEASE WIN!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Yay Frendz!

@SaritaBeth - Thanks so much. I also appreciated your input early on.

@Sachmoe64 - I'll keep that in mind! I'll see what crazy stuff I can try in the future.

@Foo228 - Thanks. This is on Kelly Green. Cho's lemons and Fablefire's Scurvy are on the same colour.

@narkus - Maybe I should get some more cute shirts.

@SaritaBeth again - Yeah... I should get some cute shirts. XP

Thanks again, everyone.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Re: What Lay Beyond Emerald City?

i really like the art deco feel to it, and the placement totally sells it. its really great!

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

zaraphel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaraphel
cindyscrazy wrote:I hope this makes it. My daughter would LOVE it.

Thankyou so much.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
sundbe10 wrote:My design “Overgrowth” is a metaphor for the demise of oil. Sooner oil will run out and hopefully be replaced by cleaner energy. The oil pump in the picture has not been used for years and is thus overgrown with ivy. The ivy also represents the new clean energy of the future and the hope that the environment will overcome oil pollution.

i also think it's really slick to put the lighter olive behind the image... great idea. i have shirt that's black line art on the olive (oh, crud) and it doesn't show up really well... printing the lighter color behind will make it show up better.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
Sachmoe64 wrote:This might get rejected because the detail has white in the background and the actual designs on an olive green shirt. I would just color the background of the detail and resub just to be safe.

kinda wish superspryte had resubmitted her green man..

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice

After looking at eating healthy you guys are right, these are very similar. While I had seen this shirt before I didn't base mine off of it, although I see how it would look like I did. the skyline in the back is very similar, but what other background would I use? I wanted the buildings for scale, and also godzilla doesnt exactly take place on a farm... The people running were really just to try and get the point across that he was eating them, and what I really wanted to emphasize here in this shirt was the fact that the little guy threw up, as that is the theme I wanted to touch on with the green derby, gross, slimy...puke. Regardless, I just do these shirts for fun, so no worries, I'll try to be more original and less cutesy for my next entries.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: No place for it to go . . .

This shirt touches on pollution without being VERY obvious about it.
There's a factory at the bottom of the lava lamp pumping out smog, the lamp itself is our planet and it show that there's no place for the pollution to go, it just lingers.
Enjoy

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
InvisibleBearFighter wrote:Apples!!! i really didn't have any hope for this derby until i saw this. I MUST HAVE IT!! I'll sell my car for this to get into the fog.

llo, thanks. Though it's not climbing high enough. :/
got about 100 woot buddies?

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
narkus wrote:wow! this is great. the faces you draw are always my fav. i saw your one reply; do you have a place you have your other designs up? i wasn't aware

I'm starting to prepare and submit the more artsy designs to Threadless. Right now Toaster Dreams is in pending status, but once I see how that fares I'll submit The Devil, Neverland, and a few others.

...and sorry! He'll be back in a bit. XD

taylasablerose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylasablerose
uforeader wrote:I've often seen these little green lizards made out of broken pieces of tile the in the southwest part of the U.S. It's common to see them on the floor, walkways, and artwork. I've often wondered what would happen if those lizards were real... if they could walk away and escape from their mortar prisons.

I really love the design style, but not the colors. I hope you'll try this style again sometime!

Woots x7 Shirt Woots x81

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: 'Nade 3.0

You forgot to add a little cthulhu to make the significant change.

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot

will90036

quality posts: 0 Private Messages will90036

Why does woot keep rejecting this shirt?! People Want It! I want It!

airsimon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airsimon

I like this idea... you should have the frog not centered on the shirt, but on the bottom left or bottom right corner of it. That would be rad.

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
Wits wrote:I'm geeky enough to really appreciate this, though I have to accept your word of the accuracy of the model :p . It's a really nice-looking design, and I hope it gets a lot more votes and makes a strong finish so I can buy one!

Evilsher wrote:Fantastic and amusing, plus, it is a shirt I would wear - nice one!

I am too lazy to confirm the accuracy myself - is this alpha?

I knew there would be other people out there to appreciate this idea. I'm pretty sure it is an accurate model of Clorophyll alpha C55H72O5N4Mg. Thanx for the support. =8* )

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
skibbereengirl wrote:I was hoping someone would do something cool and Irish for this derby...this is it!

Thanks!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Andy47240 wrote:I really love this. GMV for sure!

Thank you Andy.

VOTE! Vote! At least look at the shirt and then decide. VOTE!

kaliah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaliah

jones21403

2thFairy wrote:Hmm ... yeah, I don't get it.

Yeah. Some of these odd concepts should really come with an explanation. It kind of looks like the shirt is sucking the color out of the frog.

hworksinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hworksinc
Re: Tree Frog

I love your color choice. I also like your positive attitude. A lot of people will say this design is too large, but I rather like it stylistically (not sure about actually wearing that much ink).
PS- I doubt you remember, but you were the first person to comment on one of my designs. I really appreciated the feedback. It's among the reasons I keep submitting. Thanks!

And good luck

hworksinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hworksinc
Re: Tree Frog

Oh and another PS, the reason its extremely unlikely that you'll know me is because I'm currently on my bf's account. Mine is mrrrralicious.

jones21403

Re: The Heart of Nature

My wife hopes that a girly design will win so she can get one. I think this design has the best chance. It's a great design, and she loves it. GMV

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Andy47240 wrote:"Rejected because: It's a stretch to be on top and it didn't quite make it. "
What does this mean?

Mabe "on top" was truncated from "on topic?"

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
redghia69 wrote:The little passenger in the pocket is cool, but I'm pretty sure you've run afoul of the 6-color limit. (3 colors in the eye, tanish tummy, and 3-4 greens for the rest.) If you resub, maybe you could spend a little more time on the pocket, maybe something like Pocket Fisherman from a while back. Maybe also some shadow around the character and indicating something is actually in the pocket?

edit: on second look, I'm digging the flat-look too. But I still think you've got a color problem....

I wanted to mess with the pocket more but I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. And one of the greens is the shirt color.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Recycle Star

It's the Monochromatic Pointillist Shirt of 1000 Meanings!

Wear it to your environmental club meetings if you are a supreme recycler.

Wear it to your astronomy department meetings as a not-so-subtle reference to the astronomical theory that stars are born, live, die, and recycle into new stars.

Wear it to...

Hmm. Okay, well that was TWO meanings at least.

aderus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aderus
Re: The Green Predator

This one is way cool- just please do not go too green in color-