0%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

aznkuo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznkuo

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

Missed the shirt? Click here to get it after June 18th!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

That's a neat texture on the speaker.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman

Cool shirt. For some reason reminds me of 1984.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

This shirt is why I won't buy randoms anymore. Why are we getting some of the most uninspired designs by decent artists?

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
WeezTheJuice wrote:Hmm, the shape of the tv is kind of odd. I get it that its more of a vintage look but I don't think I would recognize that as a tv without the caption.

Perhaps because it is a radio.

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman
wootvan wrote:Perhaps because it is a radio.

Exactly

ivysaur29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivysaur29
Mothmonsterman wrote:Cool shirt. For some reason reminds me of 1984.

Yeah, it made me think of it as well, because the people watched as well as were watched through the telescreen

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
WeezTheJuice wrote:Hmm, the shape of the tv is kind of odd.

That's cause it's a radio

boltz22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boltz22

Oh noes, my TV is watching me and my radio is talking to me!

Successful Woots!:
(1) Random scaffolding (08/30/07), (1) Griffin iTrip LCD FM Transmitter (11/16/07), (3) Random scaffolding: Calendar Edition (12/26/07), (1) DigiPro 8" x 6" USB Graphics Tablet (10/12/08), (3) Cube Memory 4GB Micro SD (10/17/08)
Successful Shirt.Woots!:
(1) The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized (2/20/08), (3) Random Shirt (5/27/08), (3) Random Shirt (12/1/08), (1) Alien Invader (1/19/10)
Succesful Kids.Woots!:
(1) Didj Game System w/ Star Wars Game (12/7/09)

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB6Q_oycfQ

reminded me of that right away =)

I once ate a cricket.

crocofish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish

In a derby this would probably be rejected as an "In soviet Russia..." theme.

volcomvince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volcomvince

Is it a TV or a Radio? Is the radio ratting out on the TV? Or is this a TV ratting out on another TV? I'm confused...

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
eHalcyon wrote:That's a neat texture on the speaker.

That looks like an unprintable texture.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA

etamasa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etamasa

not my color.
like the idea.

p5ychop3nguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p5ychop3nguin

Where have all the good designs gone?

wootvan

flipmeister thrice wrote:like the little league kid that runs his hardest despite barely hitting it back to the pitcher... good hustle, but you got some work to do.

More like the with the child who can make farting noises with his armpit and does it hourly,

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight

Wow... this does look like one of those gradients that won't print very well. Can Woot show us a sample shirt here?

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

Hmmmm, there have been other shirts that have made me whip out my wallet... this one... hmmmm.

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

WizeGuyDezignz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WizeGuyDezignz

Yet another shirt with corny text involved. Pass....again....

djthebandit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djthebandit
WizeGuyDezignz wrote:Yet another shirt with corny text involved. Pass....again....

My thought. Oh well.

captainjasons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainjasons

This certainly isn't fantastic.... *sits on his wallet* Did this really get the necessary votes?

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
captainjasons wrote:This certainly isn't fantastic.... *sits on his wallet* Did this really get the necessary votes?

This is a daily shirt. This was not voted on.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

heres the deal as it looks to me.... they don't look real hard when it comes to designs...and there is no voting on the shirts that go up as weekday shirts. so any design the lazy guy picks out they will print, cause it's just too much work. and lastly the shirts are printed on what ever woot has the most of... as in... yellow, cream...asphalt... you catch my drift. I'm just saying....

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

wootvan

I'm just saying, any of the current top 15 shirts in this week's contest would probably outsell this one. Shirt.woot is approaching a saturation point and should listen up when folks ask for long-sleeves, sweats, or even just 16"x20" prints on decent paper. Also, they need to have holiday/special event contests a couple of weeks prior to the holiday/event so the shirt can be ordered and worn for the event without the $5 overnight shipping premium.

antonious13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antonious13
wootvan wrote:I'm just saying, any of the current top 15 shirts in this week's contest would probably outsell this one. Shirt.woot is approaching a saturation point and should listen up when folks ask for long-sleeves, sweats, or even just 16"x20" prints on decent paper. Also, they need to have holiday/special event contests a couple of weeks prior to the holiday/event so the shirt can be ordered and worn without the $5 overnight shipping premium.

but that would mean they do something right for a change . . . and who wants that?

design. shirt. just making sure this stays put . . .

dave88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave88

I Like it!

Why does it have to be yellow? Grrr, I don'ts wears yellow shirts

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

It is true, you know.

Yes, your television HAS been watching you AND listening to you over all of these years. Because of special research done in the mid-1970's, it has also been able to read your mind. The amazing thing is that everyone's televisions have a huge database of words, phrases, and even entire paragraphs that alert Big Brother under the right circumstances. That's why you don't see Fred (you remember good old Fred, don't you?) any more. How about that abandoned house on the corner? Ever think that you used to know someone who lived there and can't figure out why such prime real-estate hasn't sold?

Do you ever wonder what they slip in your breakfast double-latte that makes it taste so good but a little odd at the same time?

Ha! And they said he had landed a vice-presidency at Roller Bearings Anonymous in Quincy, Indiana. What they DIDN'T tell you is that Quincy is only about nine miles south-east of Cloverdale. Cloverdale my cloven hoof! A dale is just like a field, isn't it?

The monster didn't show up in New York, it actually showed up a mere hop-skip-and a jump from Indianapolis. Amalgamated Metals (who, of course, OWNS Roller Bearings Anonymous) always claims that they are sending their malcontents to Quincy when they are actually sending them to CLOVERFIELD where they can be hacked and slashed into mince-meat. Some far-off day, they hope to strike a contract with the SPAM(tm) company.

And all because your TV is watching you.

Uh, well, that fits the T-shirts' theme, eh? I've done my job, haven't I, my wootish masters? May I have a cracker now? cheezeburger? hug?

Anyhow, I don't know about television watching me or listening to me (primarily because I've only watched disks since 1995) , but occasionally policemen do and - unfortunately - don't do it properly or they don't report it completely. Not like I'm asking any of you to be amateur lawyers or anything (probably I just want a shoulder to cry on) but I got this citation last Saturday night where the policeman quotes me as having said a particular sentence. Unfortunately, he left off the last two words that I'm absolutely certain that I said. Just two bl**dy words. H*ll, he didn't even end the sentence with a period!

Interestingly, whether I said those words or not is not ultimately of any particular importance because (and don't tell no one I told you so, ok?) I was culpable: I done bumped somebody and it was all my fault. Of course, the other driver decided to be so p*ssed off at me that they refused to give me their insurance info or name or any of that (which goes against an extremely strong cliche I'm certain I learned in childhood), but of course I can get it all from the accident report. Not that this justifies what I did, I'm just venting a tad about them. (sigh).

However, the difference between the meanings of the sentence (i.e."with" in comparison to "without" These All Important Two Ending Words) makes a difference to me: kind of like, if you ever took driving lessons you were told to ALWAYS do some particular thing - like _avoiding_ running over dearest granny? In fact, you were to ALWAYS stay as far away from the old bat as you could?

There might even be someplace that if you were were often smashing into elderly women, you -would- be breaking a law? (Uh, running over little old ladies is probably against the law pretty much anywhere, but I digress.) My example here is a "rule or commandment of omission rather than a rule of commission", but perhaps if the story is sufficiently entertaining you will forgive me. It would be nice and -I- would like it...

In any case, your instructor would drill it into your head quite thoroughly so that you would find yourself, years later, occasionally whispering about it as you slept, bothering everyone else in the house?

Ok, let's switch backwards - that is, instead of never running over GrandMama, it is always to signal before a turn (not my problem, but I'm endeavoring to avoid forcing you to be soiled with the facts of my sordid life).

And let's make it seem real personal anyway - i.e. write in first person, singular.

So, I'm claiming I _did_ do that thing that you are always supposed to do no matter what, right? I really, really DID do it, but I did a crummy job of it. Heck, I -KNOW- I did it because I remember not doing well. On the other hand, the cop has _implied_ that I didn't do This Sainted Action at all by dropping off the bit about being my being incompetent in this one particular situation.

I guess I'm harping on the difference between doing something at all and doing it badly. At least if you do it badly, you DID do it. If you simply drop the bit about doing it badly, it makes it look like you didn't do it at all and ought to be condemned to the sixth level of Dante's hell. Oh yeah, perhaps also remedial driving classes, loss of several points on my license and a fine (above and beyond what my insurance company is going to do to me) of $200. The are all absolutely wild a** guesses, but investigating offices do a really great job of not telling you anything, particularly when you ask them politely at 10:30 at night.

Like I said, it doesn't change the one-word _summary_ on the citation ("inattentiveness") and the result (rubbing a big line in the paint of the driver's side door of the other person), but his quoting me wrong makes me look clueless besides. It also makes me feel as if he's been a sort of a liar (has not provided "the whole truth") and that torques my joint out of the socket as well.

Anyone who has read any of my postings here know that I probably don't rate better than a 50% clueful score in the first place, but you and I are all basically peers: having some judge, uh, judge me about this (probably simply because he/she/it is an authority figure), someone who is "above me in society" feels a lot scarier.

Just remember, if you hate my posts either report them so the get killed or skim past them. The censors, as kind as they've been to me lately, have been quick to nip other crud I've written almost before it has been posted. OH NO! I UNDERSTAND NOW! THEY ARE THE ONES WITH THE MIND-READING EQUIPMENT!

<knock on door>

<louder knock on door>

We know you are in there! Come out with your hands behind your head!

<silence>

<the door smashes open, a long sequence of unnecessarily high-caliber automatic machine gun fire occurs>

Ha! Got him! He ain't no malcontent now!

<all>

ALL PRAISE THE TELEVISION!

iheart45s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheart45s

I'd buy this if it didn't have text. I'm just sayin'

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

too nerdy for me. i don't think most people would take the time to appreciate this.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Whats up with that grill texture? i kn ow a derby shirt would get rejected on that comp....

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:Whats up with that grill texture? i kn ow a derby shirt would get rejected on that comp....

I think they're still playing with gradients and textures for themselves. I doubt they want derby entries to be full of this crud, only to have the winners disillusioned when the print comes out horrible. They've gotta learn some how.

djross777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djross777

you reeallllllly need to get laid.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

I, for one, would like a tutorial on how to make the screen pattern.

In the meantime, I've unplugged my TV. Just in case.

jsellberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsellberg

i like it. kinda. the text is bothering me. and the last lemon shirt i got ended up with uniball pen on it in some freak accident so i tried to rub it out with water and some hand soap at work and it didn't really help. just smudged it. and then i washed it and it didn't come out at all so now i have a lemon woot tee with brown spots on it and i'm effin' pissed because it's my favorite tee ever and bahhhhhhh im not buying it.

!@$!!!

photographer@doll studios

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
EwingKlipspringer wrote:I, for one, would like a tutorial on how to make the screen pattern.

Looks like a photograph converted to one color, imo. Not too tricky ;)

intravenous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intravenous

Whatever, I think the graphic is fantastic, the colour doesn't bother me and the Big-Brotheresquness of it is fantastic.

And I thought I was the only one who always said "Just sayin'".

...just sayin'.

SugarlNlSpikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SugarlNlSpikes

It's okay. It's not a bad design. Sort of cute and funny. Just not something I enjoy enough to sport across my chest. Ah well.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
jsellberg wrote:i like it. kinda. the text is bothering me. and the last lemon shirt i got ended up with uniball pen on it in some freak accident so i tried to rub it out with water and some hand soap at work and it didn't really help. just smudged it. and then i washed it and it didn't come out at all so now i have a lemon woot tee with brown spots on it and i'm effin' pissed because it's my favorite tee ever and bahhhhhhh im not buying it.

!@$!!!

You should tie-dye it. That's what I do with all my irreparably stained cotton shirts.

Also, I'm glad I haven't owned a TV in 10 years. I got the feeling it was watching me even when I turned it off. I finally hucked it out my living room window into the street because it was freaking me out so bad. Then I spent several months in one of those hospitals.....Yeah, actually this shirt is starting to give me the creeps.

Carpe shirtem!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jsellberg wrote:i like it. kinda. the text is bothering me. and the last lemon shirt i got ended up with uniball pen on it in some freak accident so i tried to rub it out with water and some hand soap at work and it didn't really help. just smudged it. and then i washed it and it didn't come out at all so now i have a lemon woot tee with brown spots on it and i'm effin' pissed because it's my favorite tee ever and bahhhhhhh im not buying it.

!@$!!!

It might be too late for this shirt, but next time you get ink on a shirt, try spraying hairspray on the stain before washing it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"