timkerrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
ChokingOutTheRadio wrote:This shirt may not be great for twenty somethings, but how adorable would it look on your child, neice or nephew. I think this shirt will sell on the strength of gifting it alone. Remember not every design is intended for the 20+ crowd buying it, just like the toys at Toys R Us aren't intended for the parent that buys them.

dude I'm 25 and I want this.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

mpanelo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mpanelo

not today woot shirt

love, laugh, golf

slylatino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slylatino

Hey everyone first time wooter here just curious as to how likely it is that this shirt would sellout by morning cuz i want to make sure i get the right size but im to lazy to look for a measuring tape right now

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

Thanks a ton everyone!!! This was quite a fun design to put together. I had no idea that duct tape is used on actual turtles. That little bit of info made me giggle out loud or GOL for you txters.
I want to give a special shout-out to my mom-in-law for giving me the idea to do a turtle design.
Thanks again!!!

ChokingOutTheRadio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChokingOutTheRadio

You know where you stand in a shellhole? Wow, one of the best Spinal Tap references ever.

quietexpression

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quietexpression
timkerrick wrote:dude I'm 25 and I want this.

I'm 30 and I want this! Only, having problems with the pay page. :\

jhems1179

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhems1179

In for one.

ryudeshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryudeshi

My first shirt.woot!

I love this! I can relate to it so much.

Maybe not for home improvement, but I have duct tapes a few pairs of jeans in my time :P

When you are a skater, and you rip your pants.. duct tape is the best temporary solution!

lazih3nri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lazih3nri

Hmm, does Woot send a confirmation email and note the size? I think I clicked the golden button without double checking the size. It just sent me back to shirt.woot.com after clicking as well, is that normal?

gunstrike1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunstrike1

i dont like the color. BUTTT im still getting it.

ryudeshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryudeshi
lazih3nri wrote:Hmm, does Woot send a confirmation email and note the size? I think I clicked the golden button without double checking the size. It just sent me back to shirt.woot.com after clicking as well, is that normal?

I got an email immediately, but it says nothing of the size choice.

lazih3nri

ryudeshi wrote:I got an email immediately, but it says nothing of the size choice.

Still have not gotten an email, so I guess I didn't order it. Going to wait 10 minutes I guess and checking again. Thanks for the info.

dmstoffel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmstoffel
lazih3nri wrote:Hmm, does Woot send a confirmation email and note the size? I think I clicked the golden button without double checking the size. It just sent me back to shirt.woot.com after clicking as well, is that normal?

Go to your account and it will tell you what you have bought. If its not on the list then you will need to order again. Also when you have successfully purchased, they prompt you to view your receipt. That is where I usually print my reciept. Good luck

lazih3nri

dmstoffel wrote:Go to your account and it will tell you what you have bought. If its not on the list then you will need to order again. Also when you have successfully purchased, they prompt you to view your receipt. That is where I usually print my reciept. Good luck

Is it always listed as soon as you buy it? I've been on woot for two years now and this would be my first purchase.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
slylatino wrote:Hey everyone first time wooter here just curious as to how likely it is that this shirt would sellout by morning cuz i want to make sure i get the right size but im to lazy to look for a measuring tape right now

The first place shirt didn't sell out before morning. This is second place, so it will *probably* take longer, although that is not a guarantee. However, the comments suggest that woot is having some server problems, which means it may take longer to sell out as well.

I think this will sell out, but not before morning. If you DO miss it, note that you can still get it the day after, albeit with a $5 premium attached.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
lazih3nri wrote:Is it always listed as soon as you buy it? I've been on woot for two years now and this would be my first purchase.

Usually... it has been for me. Also, it shouldn't let you buy again if you've already purchased this particular shirt from your account.

eHalcyon

lazih3nri wrote:Is it always listed as soon as you buy it? I've been on woot for two years now and this would be my first purchase.

Yes, I believe it gets listed right away. Also, that blank square beside your name will turn a nice yellow when you make your first purchase.

josiahsgram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josiahsgram

yes, just checked my account to be sure and all three "home improvement'" that I just purchased were there

cueballsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cueballsi

finally let buy my shirts... sheesh

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Very cute. Green goes with turtles.

Any bets that this will sell out by 8 AM CDT ?

Aaron385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385

28 yr old male and I both voted for this design and ordered it!

I didnt think the duct tape X in the lower part was going to make it to the final shirt looking at the design when I voted for it but I think it looks good (at least in cgi form).

This is my first shirt.woot

kc2ace1nino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kc2ace1nino

So...everyone on woot either likes 'cute' or 'gamertype' shirts? I'm confused?

Also, seems a bit girly for me. I'm a teenage mutant ninja turtle fan, not a 'loveable' turtle fan (unless it was from the RL).

First woot! off: May 9th
This day ruined my sleepy time!

eHalcyon

kc2ace1nino wrote:So...everyone on woot either likes 'cute' or 'gamertype' shirts? I'm confused?

Also, seems a bit girly for me. I'm a teenage mutant ninja turtle fan, not a 'loveable' turtle fan (unless it was from the RL).

Yesterday's derby winner was neither cute nor gamer, unless the gaming reference was extremely obscure (which would render it irrelevant anyway).

snowzahir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowzahir

I would buy this if it didn't have the X at the bottom. Good design overall though.

MystkLp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MystkLp

Very nice shirt. I like!

Soooooooo, this is my signature pretty much.

manil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manil

not...letting....order....me....carp

d4nowar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages d4nowar
beautyofmachines wrote:So how many people would actually wear this? I feel like people vote on the design before they think about putting it on themselves...

Judging from your sig, all I can say is this:
We get it. You have different taste in shirts than the people that voted on this one. Move along then.

Nice shirt though. The X at the bottom ruins it for me, sadly =(.

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977

So, I'm sitting here thinking of getting this shirt for me until I read on several posts that it's cute. Definitely a girl shirt/design. In for one (for the wife).

Congrats, designer!

Nemo me impune lacessit

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977
timkerrick wrote:is anyone having trouble paying? I've been bumped back to the same page twice now and I'm hoping I'm not going to get charged twice.

No, not me. I just bought one with no trouble.

Nemo me impune lacessit

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Cute design Beefcoat! Congratulations on another win! My daughter wore her 'Love of Money" shirt yesterday. This is equally as cute!

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed

I love this shirt. I snatched it up the second I saw it. I really thought it would come in first place. Thanks for a great start to my weekend.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

The X at the bottom definitely ruins it for me, too. It would have been so much better if it was on the back... Oh, well.

Flowerg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flowerg

Just more proof that duct tape really can fix anything!

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
ChokingOutTheRadio wrote:This shirt may not be great for twenty somethings, but how adorable would it look on your child, neice or nephew. I think this shirt will sell on the strength of gifting it alone. Remember not every design is intended for the 20+ crowd buying it, just like the toys at Toys R Us aren't intended for the parent that buys them.

This post sold me. I was sitting here thinking about how much I love the design, but would I really actually wear it, and then I realized I would love to seeit on my kid. So, soon my 4 year old will be sporting a Small turtle shirt. Congrats to the designer!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

My ex kept his Subaru running for years using duct tape and fishing line. That stuff binds to anything (but leaves a nasty residue). Next time, the turtle should look into using gaff tape.

Congratulations to beefcoat!

Carpe shirtem!

yowyow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yowyow
ChangHyun84 wrote:Cute design and factually correct. I'm in.
(even though I already bought the Thrive shirt, which I'm not too satisfied with after I tried it on...)

i got the thrive shirt and i thought the print was sick...

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

you are a very diserning (sp) buyer. Kudos to you.

Naturally, woot is addictive after the first purchase, and you'll be up yelling for bags of poop and feeding the kids over microwaved lean cuisnes during woot offs, but that is part of the experience. Embrace it, do not fight it

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

Congrats on the win Beefcoat! In for 2, this is my 3rd design by you (Love of Money and got Know When to Fold in a random). I'm a 34 year old male and I love the design, but I really ordered to get one for my turtle loving 4 year old nephew. I hesitate on the cute designs for myself, but Dragonly Love got compliments when I wore it the first time.

It's just to bad Woot doesn't have kids sizes, but my sister said if a WS is too small he can wear it as a nightshirt. I might be in for more if his older brother and sister fight him for it and they need their own.

calv33n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calv33n

the duct tape x on the bottom did ruin it for me, but I still ordered it. to awesome to give up for a single flaw. good work beefcoat

My Woots:

8 s.w | 2 w | 0 w.w | 0 so.w

rendyubaldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rendyubaldo

like the shirt but not buying it didnt like those shorts with hearts on it not in for one today can someone link me to the pg where u can get the tess for 15 if u missed out on it b4