barabajagle


quality posts: 2 Private Messages barabajagle
CardinalGoldstein wrote:Very cute. Green goes with turtles.

Any bets that this will sell out by 8 AM CDT ?



I'll bet you 10 shirt.woot purchases that it doesn't.

WonderWooter


quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

bounce bounce bounce

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

Ohadik


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ohadik
AdderXYU wrote:I wonder how many voters didn't notice the duct tape X on the bottom... I didn't til now, and while I didn't vote, that'd definitely kill the design for me.



The turtle is repairing his home, after seeing that you used duct tape to repair yours, the tape at the bottom signifies you. It's not there accidentally. Somethings go deeper than design.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

The button's bouncing. Congratulations Beefcoat. Looks to be another popular design for you!

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Congrats beefy!

flyingpiggies03


quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyingpiggies03

is anyone having trouble buying? i put in the security code and i get bumped right back to the same page...
i've done this a couple times now, even changed cards.
what's going on?

jarsie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jarsie

I had a problem, but it finally let me pay. I love turtles.

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
jarsie wrote:I had a problem, but it finally let me pay. I love turtles.



Just in time!

amazingrace4u


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazingrace4u

REALLY cute design. ugly color. it would've been better on a lighter color like cream or white.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Ohadik wrote:The turtle is repairing his home, after seeing that you used duct tape to repair yours, the tape at the bottom signifies you. It's not there accidentally. Somethings go deeper than design.



So the turtle in the design saw arbitrary duct tape on my shirt, and then decided to repair his own shell thusly? I find it very hard to believe that that's the concept the artist is going for. It's either extra design or else just being used as a patch for your own "home," without any of the additional conceptual nonsense you pulled out.

And no offense to Beefy, but I don't think this design is a great example of when designs are deeper than first blush. Even if your assessment is correct down to the letter, it's not really that "deep" of a concept. And even if the concept itself were deep, the location of that extra depth still would throw me off. If the extra duct tape was at the shoulder, or behind the drawing, or anywhere it could look integrated into the design, it wouldn't be a bad addition, but it looks so out of place where it is to me, and I still think that a lot of people who voted and bought will be disappointed in that X when they get it

manncarol


quality posts: 5 Private Messages manncarol

Congrats on the sell out!

Here's to a future with more turtle-themed woot shirts. :-)

dannoddd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannoddd

I LOVE THIS SHIRT. MY HUSBAND LOVES TURTLES SO HE BOUGHT IT FOR ME SINCE HE DOESN'T WEAR T-SHIRT. BUT IM WICKED EXCITED ABOUT IT! YAY TURTLES!

ruthsdad


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad

Adder: Could you give us your top three designs for the Home derby? Just curious to see which of these--if any--cleared the bar for you.

timkerrick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkerrick
AdderXYU wrote:So the turtle in the design saw arbitrary duct tape on my shirt, and then decided to repair his own shell thusly? I find it very hard to believe that that's the concept the artist is going for. It's either extra design or else just being used as a patch for your own "home," without any of the additional conceptual nonsense you pulled out.

And no offense to Beefy, but I don't think this design is a great example of when designs are deeper than first blush. Even if your assessment is correct down to the letter, it's not really that "deep" of a concept. And even if the concept itself were deep, the location of that extra depth still would throw me off. If the extra duct tape was at the shoulder, or behind the drawing, or anywhere it could look integrated into the design, it wouldn't be a bad addition, but it looks so out of place where it is to me, and I still think that a lot of people who voted and bought will be disappointed in that X when they get it



is this your 1st time or something? shirt.woot has a template to follow - how was a graphic going to go on the shoulder?

and no, it's the other way around - the tutrle used the duct tape and thus so does the wearer. It wasn't that hard to figure out man.

http://www.twitter.com/timkerrick

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
timkerrick wrote:is this your 1st time or something? shirt.woot has a template to follow - how was a graphic going to go on the shoulder?

and no, it's the other way around - the tutrle used the duct tape and thus so does the wearer. It wasn't that hard to figure out man.



Not ON the shoulder. There's a lot of shoulder area that is in the template... right below the collarbone, beside the shoulder. In that general area. It would connect to the design better, and that's the long and short of it. Where the X is right now is not a wise move design-wise, and I think someone with a history like beefcoat has enough skill to not only have done it better, but to understand where my suggestion is coming from. Which is why he is making shirts, and you are arguing beyond your means.

As to my three favorite shirts in the home derby? I haven't been overly impressed by much in the last couple derbies, but from the top 20 alone, Cho's Rodentian Gothic, RedGhia's This Shirt, and Zenne's Home is Where You Make It would probably have been my ideal top 3 (though there were a lot of charmingly odd pieces that had no chance, such as sokowa's hands, and montygog's cyclops creature, that I was pulling for in futility). Though again, the question is likely asked in ignorance... I am not saying that this entry is bad, but that the design element in question detracts hugely from it. Again, I feel confident Mr. Coat knows the difference, and if he doesn't, I'd be happy to talk with him one on one. The rest of you, I have nothing to prove to.

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fleamarketadict
rendyubaldo wrote:like the shirt but not buying it didnt like those shorts with hearts on it not in for one today can someone link me to the pg where u can get the tess for 15 if u missed out on it b4



Just a suggestion - if you were to use some punctuation so that others could more easily understand what you are asking, you may get answers.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Silverpsycho


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

I'm bummed I missed out on the $10 deal because I wanted it as soon as I saw it on a friend's iPhone...but I didn't want to buy it through her iPhone. When I finally got home...it was sold out, but hey...that's a great thing for the artist so congratulations, you made a terrific winner. I am pretty sure I'll be picking one up later this week.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

mollib


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib
rendyubaldo wrote:like the shirt but not buying it didnt like those shorts with hearts on it not in for one today can someone link me to the pg where u can get the tess for 15 if u missed out on it b4



fleamarketadict wrote:Just a suggestion - if you were to use some punctuation so that others could more easily understand what you are asking, you may get answers.



Took me a couple of readings to understand (correctly, I think) that "the tess" is not a shirt that I don't remember but actually: "the tees." But now that I read it again, I'm not even sure that's correct.

prettynerdy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettynerdy

"like the shirt but not buying it didnt like those shorts with hearts on it not in for one today"
Translation: I like the shirt, but I'm not buying it because I didn't like those shorts with the hearts on them. So I'm not purchasing one today.

"can someone link me to the pg where u can get the tess for 15 if u missed out on it b4"
Translation: Can someone link me to the page where you can get the t-shirts for $15 if you missed out on them the day before?

Which would be this, I believe?
http://www.shirtsonsale.info/search/label/Shirt.Woot

daveczrn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveczrn
Prngr44 wrote:Funny... when I visited the San Diego zoo last winter some of the tortoises that injured their shells had duct tape on them.

The keeper said it helped speed up their recoveries.



(sry on my bfs account) duck tape does help as well as books, only one or two some what heavy ones work very well, (of course ducktaped to the shell) its actuall kinda cool, me and my dad use that on a few turtles we raised that had gotten hit by a car... defiatly a cool shirt!

Silverpsycho


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

Just bought one and I'm psyched to wear it. I've always been a nut for turtles and one sporting a cute pair of boxers fixing up his shell...too cute to pass up.

Like others have said, I'm not all too crazy about the duct tape in the corner but after looking at the shirt several times before making my purchase...I have grown to like it.

Again, kudos to the artist and I look forward to receiving my fourth Woot shirt.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

itsbeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

I like cute, but I need a side of quirk with my cute. This one's a little syrupy for my tastes.

Congrats on the print though!

KaneRobot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot

Not for me, but good.

I actually laughed at the Spinal Tap reference for the page headline as much as the shirt itself.

patslocom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages patslocom

Everyone is talking smack on the duct tape x in the corner. Personally it was one of the reasons I bought the shirt, I think that's awesome. I see no problem with it, nor how it ruined the shirt. To many shirts just have the design in one spot, I like the fact that the designer decided to mix this one up.

I didn't vote, but I bought this shirt and I am 19... and a dude... And I think this shirt is freakin awesome, although my girlfriend will probably try to steel it from me to sleep in....... She already stole one of my shirt.woot's...

twincarma


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma

these havent shipped yet, and i bought 3 randoms. will they ship both together?

ArkAngelsWings


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArkAngelsWings

This shirt is my 2nd purchase. Speaking of age.. I am over 50 and I just had to have it! Excellent work on this design. I am partial to wildlife, so this design really caught my attention. And yes, I will wear this shirt everywhere I go.

cyradis2003


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyradis2003

YAY!!!! I got a Turtle in the mail!!!
<3 Woot <3

I am excited!!!!
Can you tell????


pamwillden


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pamwillden

YAY! My first Woot shirt! I'm so excited! I bought one for me and also for my mom and my cousin! It's awesome. My mom loves turtles! We have hundreds of little turtle things all over the house! And I personally LOVE the duct tape on the bottom! YAY! I don't mind that it was $15 each! It was soooooo worth it!

tabrazinski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
Ohadik wrote:The turtle is repairing his home, after seeing that you used duct tape to repair yours, the tape at the bottom signifies you. It's not there accidentally. Somethings go deeper than design.



it's not that he doesn't get it... it's that he doesn't like it.

i think it's also maybe a bit confusing because some of the designers put little embellishments in their thumbnails that aren't necessarily in the shirt template design... text in all of these derbies that are no text, for example. when i first saw the entry i wasn't sure if the little X was part of the design or not, maybe that's just me. regardless, it's very cute.

gunstrike1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunstrike1

the duct tape at the bottom is actually not that bad. hwoever, the green skin of the turtle is more... yellowy then i thought.

magicc82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicc82

yeah, it is kinda yellowy...but that's alright. the main problem i have is that its kinda hard to see the shell compared to the background color. still a sweet shirt tho...good buy

simple20


quality posts: 0 Private Messages simple20
magicc82 wrote:yeah, it is kinda yellowy...but that's alright. the main problem i have is that its kinda hard to see the shell compared to the background color. still a sweet shirt tho...good buy




Exactly! Love the shirt... but thought, "damn...where's the shell??" Then I took out my magnifying glass.... I found it. But my colorblind friends wont.

scvezai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scvezai
cyradis2003 wrote:YAY!!!! I got a Turtle in the mail!!!
<3 Woot <3

I am excited!!!!
Can you tell????



Glad to see people are getting their shirts. Apparently someone in Hazelwood, MO got my shirt....like 5 days ago.

I've sent an email off to woot in the hopes that this gets resolved. Since this was my 1st woot purchase, having it delivered to the wrong place or possibly stolen from the mail doesn't instill confidence. Especially since I have since ordered another shirt. I'm wondering if I'll get it or not too.

rozy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rozy
scvezai wrote:Glad to see people are getting their shirts. Apparently someone in Hazelwood, MO got my shirt....like 5 days ago.

I've sent an email off to woot in the hopes that this gets resolved. Since this was my 1st woot purchase, having it delivered to the wrong place or possibly stolen from the mail doesn't instill confidence. Especially since I have since ordered another shirt. I'm wondering if I'll get it or not too.



Mine got send to the wrong address and it is my first shirt woot purchase too
I have sent a couple of emails this week and waiting for a answer on what the next step is....

SkaPunkPezzy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkaPunkPezzy
simple20 wrote:Exactly! Love the shirt... but thought, "damn...where's the shell??" Then I took out my magnifying glass.... I found it. But my colorblind friends wont.




I agree. It is just hard to see the point of the shirt. I wish I noticed they wernt using a separate color before. Nobody is going to understand the shirt from afar.

gunstrike1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunstrike1

if only it was more the shirt was more leafy green like strive. then it would be excellent.

Aaron385


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385

Wow, I wore this shirt into starbucks and a barista thought it was toilet paper not duct tape on the shirt.. and where is the shell?? Someone needs to post a pic of the real shirt so anyone else that wants one knows in advace.. is that allowed? I have a camera and I can post a picture of my printed shirt.. just dont want to get in trouble.

jaklackus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaklackus
Aaron385 wrote:Wow, I wore this shirt into starbucks and a barista thought it was toilet paper not duct tape on the shirt.. and where is the shell?? Someone needs to post a pic of the real shirt so anyone else that wants one knows in advace.. is that allowed? I have a camera and I can post a picture of my printed shirt.. just dont want to get in trouble.



The shell is almost impossible to see after one washing...guess I should be thankful the kids got syrup on the one I was about to give as a gift and I had to wash it before sending it off....oh well..I really liked the design.

wej


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wej
jaklackus wrote:The shell is almost impossible to see after one washing...guess I should be thankful the kids got syrup on the one I was about to give as a gift and I had to wash it before sending it off....oh well..I really liked the design.



My brown shell completely washed away after a single washing. I put it on in the dark, went into the bathroom and looked, and all i could see was the faint outline from the darker portion of the shell. The brown is completely gone, and the green shirt shows through... this is the first time a woot shirt has done this to me, weird.

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

I agree the shell is a little difficult to see. The design only has 5 colors. If I had it to do again I would have colored the shell a green between the highlight color and the shirt color. Thanks to everyone who voted and bought!