+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Energizing Bunnies

1. Coffee is an energizing drink.
2. Bunnies are energetic animals.
3. The steam indicates the transfer of heat energy.
4. Love is a powerful emotion that can give you much energy.
5. You might also call these guys Energizer Bunnies.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Energy lost at each step until caffeine

The energy emitted by the sun gets lost at each step as it gets closer to us. Most bounces off the atmosphere. Some makes it in, but gets absorbed by the air and water. Only a very small amount makes it into plants, where it is captured and stored in fruit. We dry it, roast it, and drink it. And that power returns, baby!!!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Wind Energy

Sun heats the ground. Sun heats the air. Sun drives the wind.

Wind turns the turbines. Turbines make the electricity. Electricity powers the factory.

Factory builds the hang glider. Hang glider rides the sky. Sky cradles the sun.

Hearts are freed.

Sun, ground, air, wind, turbines, electricity, factory, hang glider, sky, hearts.

Energy.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
Re: Energetic Cats

Endless energy!

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Nectar of the Gods

The Nectar of the Gods

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Energy Goddess

Energy Goddess

(description with help from wikipedia)

Shakti is the Hindu Goddess of Energy. I've portrayed her in this design with the 7 Chakras (Energy Centers) of the Body. These 7 chakras are aligned along the vertical axis of the body from the base of the spine to the crown of the head and identify major branchings of the human nervous system These chakras are believed to be the major points in the body for metaphysical and/or biophysical energy. These energy centers are each symbolized through different colored circles or spheres and different numbers of petals of a lotus flower. The Shakti Goddess is also portrayed in the design with her "Kundalini" - a snake. Kundalini in Sanskrit means snake and it refers to the spiritual energy within every human being that lies 'coiled like a snake' at the base of the spine. It is believed that through meditation, this snake is awakened and moves through the seven chakras, unleashing energy as it passes, and culminates at the crown of the head where spiritual knowledge and power are achieved.

Hope this makes sense. Perhaps, others more learned in Buddist and Hindu religion can also offer their insight via a comment.

Thank you for your vote.

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Re: Energy Preservation

To avoid guessing games, it's (left to right): Light, Dark, Wind, Electromagnetic, and Nuclear (with a slight mishap).

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant

I got to thinking about energy in the context of Energy Efficiency....and I had this image in my head of a slightly personified lightbulb going to visit a Museum of Modern Art, and seeing a painting of a newer, more modern energy efficient lightbulb. I imagine he'd gasp and be shocked to learn he's outdated.

ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad
Re: Energy lost at each step until caffeine

If only the Charbuck's approximation weren't on the mug. Oh, well. GMV anyway.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Energy Rush

EUCA-FIZZ: The energy drink for Koalas!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Lightning Man

Lightning Man harnesses the power from electric energy to fight the injustice of the world and to preserve the power of freedom. Action figures and full length movie to follow.

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=18535]Dystopian Alternative Energy Proposal

Some Greek guy said with a really big crank, he could power the world... or something like that.

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Re: The Cycle of Caffeine

Everyone's done it. You have a cup of coffee to wake yourself up in the morning, thus starting your day off with a kick. Then when the very limited energy from the coffee wears off you buy yourself a strongly caffeinated energy drink like Red Bull. This gives you a joly indeed and you continue to progress through the afternoon on full speed, taking down a couple more of those Red Bulls to make sure you can get through work. Whether you saw it coming or not, a path like this always leads to a deadly crash, portrayed in this design by the poor "Jolt" can who lies crinkled and smashed into the ground. And you know what happens next: like this never happened, you wake up the next day and progress through the same thing as the day before, hence the "Cycle".

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt
Re: Atomic War (Black)

This is my representation of atomic war. Nuclear energy is founded on one of the most famous equations out there: E=mc2. I didn’t think putting that in the drawing fit the stop sign rule so it’s just working on a symbolic level. I also just wanted a lot of stuff in the drawing to give it a lot of energy. To my knowledge it’s totally printable and follows all the rules.

Please ask any questions you have before tattling if you think this doesn't follow the rules. Thanks! I'd love to have your feedback. Some people had talked about not having enough urban-esque shirts on Woot so I'm trying to deliver.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the universal unit of energy that is used by every living cell. This important molecule is produced and broken down for energy during metabolic processes in every living thing on the planet. Without it, no life can occur. Kinda vacuums that the price keeps going up...

ruthsdad

Re: Energizing Bunnies

Why are the bunnies sad? Caffeine makes me happy (for at least 10 minutes)!

Andy47240

Great choice of greens in the design.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Wind Energy

Side note: I'll be away from home at least part of the week, so please forgive me if I don't respond to questions right away.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Re: The Cycle of Caffeine (Olive Green)

Everyone's done it. You have a cup of coffee to wake yourself up in the morning, thus starting your day off with a kick. Then when the very limited energy from the coffee wears off you buy yourself a strongly caffeinated energy drink like Red Bull. This gives you a joly indeed and you continue to progress through the afternoon on full speed, taking down a couple more of those Red Bulls to make sure you can get through work. Whether you saw it coming or not, a path like this always leads to a deadly crash, portrayed in this design by the poor "Jolt" can who lies crinkled and smashed into the ground. And you know what happens next: like this never happened, you wake up the next day and progress through the same thing as the day before, hence the "Cycle".

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: Banana Power!!

The text reads 'Banana Power!'

Banana is an excellent source of fast energy. Used by many athletes even with the advent of energy drink, and foods.

Dare I say, the food of champions?

Irrelevant

Re: Energy Rush

I totally love this!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Puppy Energy

Gas prices are getting higher and higher, we need to harness the energy around us. What has more energy than a puppy? Let your puppy help you beat energy costs with this modern take on dogsledding.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Andy47240

Re: Pedal Power

Lot's of creativity here. Great job.

ruthsdad

Re: Windy City

Pretty cool. Is that a butterfly on the back?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Powered by Thor

Throw off the mantle of the grid, defy your local electric company, and tell them you don't need their bills!

Grab a lightning rod, a kite, and a metal key, rig it all up and you too can be powered by Thor, the Norse god who controlled thunder and lightning. Watch out for what he might want as sacrifices in exchange for the lightning, though.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Nice one this week tg!

Irrelevant

Re: Windy City

Pretty cool design

Andy47240

Re: EnDurgey Bunny

Very creepy bunny. I really like your sketchy style with this.

derekorr11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekorr11
Re: Potential Energy

i dont get it

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
Re: RAD-ioactive Energy

CMYK palette + lime green on a black tee. Totally Rad.

derekorr11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekorr11
Re: Potential Energy

i dont get it

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard
derekorr11 wrote:i dont get it

Im thinking he's showing that the guy sitting down has all this potential energy inside of him and all that carp behind is what could happen.

mer

Andy47240

Re: Waste of Energy

Has a "Horton" feel to it. Great choice of shirt color for this.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: The Cycle of Oil

Oil is a renewable resource.. its just requires us to use so much we super heat the planet, go extinct and let the col dblooded species dominate the earth again.. drill for oil.. burn it till they are extinct.. then its our turn again!

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
ruthsdad wrote:Why are the bunnies sad? Caffeine makes me happy (for at least 10 minutes)!

L O L. I'm sorry I didn't suggest it last night, eHalcyon, but it shouldn't be too much work to throw a couple of mouths in. I still think it's a great design and will revote if you resub.

srglancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srglancey
Re: E-Team!

Just as earth finds herself in distress--tired and tormented by the menacing super villans Dinofuel and Incandescent Bulbman--three silhouettes appear on the horizon. It's E-Team to the rescue. With the powers to reduce, renew and rejuvinate--they have the alternative energy resources to help Earth, but will they succeed before it's too late?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Chasing Windmills

Toe! Love this! Makes me think of the style of artwork Trader Joe's uses on their labels. Love the thick lines and the motion you achieved. Love the neutral shades too!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
Re: Things are tough all over

*giggles*! I never knew woot put synonyms in for inappropriate words. "Vacuums"? Pretty good, but what about "inhales vigorously"? :p

ruthsdad

The bottle is a touch too thin, but I do love the use of the Coca-Cola green. In for 1!