narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
gravitybound wrote:Nice design. GMV, but only marginally. I like the design a lot, but I think its a bit too busy for a shirt. Would rock as a computer background or a poster though.

dude, what would you find wearable?

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
blahmcblah wrote:Whoa, welcome back, Jack.

don't take this wrong..
i hope you don't win...

reason: you should sell these shirts to Starbucks! you'd make a killing in their employee shirt program!

I'm all for you making a TON more money.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

narkus

Re: Blue Light Special!!!

i like it

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign

... that said... i also want you to win... cuz i want one now.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

narkus

Re: Energy Bouquet

i do like your design but i'm not feelin' the brown.

narkus

Re: Energy Bouquet

oops, double post. nice work, though : )

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
daedalusknight wrote:This is better, but I think you still have some problems with the gas pump not looking like a gas pump. The nozzle is fine but the pump itself seems odd. Check out some reference photos of gas pumps and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.oildepletionprotocol.org/files/images/Gas-Pump-cropped.preview.gif

Keep improving! :-)

Have to agree with you. The pump is too flat for one, plus it would help the overall point to maybe include both the total sale and total gallons. I'll tinker with it but may not have chance to re-post it (ugh...want more time!!). Thanks for the pointers!

echo91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo91
Plasma ball

A plasma lamp has the look of colored light beams extending from the center ball to the outside glass. When you put your hand near it, a brighter beam seems to connect your hand to the center. This phenomenon tends to put people in a trance when stared at for a prolonged amount of time. It also has the ability to burn through Play-do when placed on the outer surface, a power many would like to use on enemies' foreheads. Do not operate this object near laptop computers, as it has the capacity to interfere with the touchpad. This has been known to make laptop computers add incomprehensible words into emails and change words in illegally downloaded music. Wearing of this shirt would not have the same effect.

Nobody noticed that my entry description here got a little weird... :0(

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Blue Flame

I really want this one to win. I hope it gets lots of votes this week! I still have not bought a black woot shirt. This would be the first. Good luck!

Carpe shirtem!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
dsladek wrote:nice drawing man! I haven't slept in forty eight hours. when I saw this I could feel the hamster running in my head. very interesting take on the derby. mind talking a bit about the idea behind it?

So, not much in the way of an explanation, but the hamster is generating the energy for his Idea. In a way this is me thinking of the shirt design. I guess the analogy would be better expressed if The hamster WAS the lightbulb above him.

ArkAngelsWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArkAngelsWings
Re: Typical Weekday Morning

I saw your sketch for this and could not wait to see the finished product. Very well done! GMV

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Chasing Windmills

Wow!! Beautiful colors and wonderful design. Congrats on the fog status.

2thFairy

Re: Dream Eater.

Yea Edgar! This needs to be in the fog again. Very trippy!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Mousetrap

For your consideration

2thFairy

Re: Green Energy

Niiiice!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
zewkin wrote:Have to agree with you. The pump is too flat for one, plus it would help the overall point to maybe include both the total sale and total gallons. I'll tinker with it but may not have chance to re-post it (ugh...want more time!!). Thanks for the pointers!

You're welcome. Good luck to you.

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

The hard way of using a hamster in a wheel to light up a lightbulb, with props to Rube Goldberg.

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
Bekidancer wrote:Lovely but... it worries me how the placement of the focus of this design will look once worn. I don't know if I want beams shooting from my bellybutton ... or worse...lower.

what?
beams don't normally shoot from your bellybutton?

......perhaps i should cut back on the caffeine

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The long way around

In step F, given the position of the water, I would expect the wheel to turn clockwise rather than ccw as you've indicated. Also, I'm not sure how the turning wheel would turn on the electric fan. However, the idea is great and the artwork is excellent. I suggest you fix the direction of the arrow on step F (or reposition the spilling water appropriately) and remove the rectangle around the design (boxes usually aren't appreciated) and resubmit. Nice job though!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Nectar of the Gods

Very swank, Tgent. Wish there was room for a little more colour in the hummingbird, but still, very swank

enin

Re: The Nectar of the Gods

great design, tgentry

i have never received more compliments on a tshirt
than when i wear the suburban blitzkrieg

it was the perfect july 4th shirt

m

enin

Re: Miracle Lifeforce

did you see the credit sequence on this week's "weeds" episode?
they slipped in the producers and writer's names in an EKG wave

great design

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: energy crisis!

Great idea and use of color. But my favorite part is the look on the robot's face. Priceless. I voted and will definitely buy if this makes it. Great job.

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals

The water wheel is attached to a belt that that is attached to the fan thereby making the fan spin good call on the water though.

TheNewOriginals

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=18535]Dystopian Alternative Energy Proposal

Uh...I hate to break it to you but that "Greek guy" your referring to is probably Archimedes and what he actually said was "Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world." Cool idea anyway though.

TheNewOriginals

Re: Earth's Energy

If you want to be technical-Earth actually runs on nuclear decay in its core and sunlight plus, various chemical reactions and physical changes but the whole magic tree-earth-moon thing works to-great design.

swedishchef1

eHalcyon wrote:In step F, given the position of the water, I would expect the wheel to turn clockwise rather than ccw as you've indicated. Also, I'm not sure how the turning wheel would turn on the electric fan. However, the idea is great and the artwork is excellent. I suggest you fix the direction of the arrow on step F (or reposition the spilling water appropriately) and remove the rectangle around the design (boxes usually aren't appreciated) and resubmit. Nice job though!

Picky, picky. No seriously, thanks for the pointers -- that's why I'm an artist, not an engineer. I debated about the border, so I'm resubbing with water wheel fixed and border removed. Thanks!

swedishchef1

Goldberg 2.0, with water wheel motion corrected and border removed, per suggestions from the voters. Thanks for the tips.

sportability

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sportability

The startled bird's eye looks like it came straight from several of the caffeine submissions

CaveOppugno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaveOppugno

Sweet shirt, I just couldn't stand the border before. GMV.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The long way around (resub)

Thumbs up.

Now you should remove the first version. Click the red X - you should see it on the top right above your design.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
TheNewOriginals wrote:If you want to be technical-Earth actually runs on nuclear decay in its core and sunlight plus, various chemical reactions and physical changes but the whole magic tree-earth-moon thing works to-great design.

Even so, I don't think "energy" is very clear here.

Also, the brown in the background will print awful. but hey, why would anyone bother thinking about whether a shirt will look good in real life before voting? Keep doin' what you're doin'... hope you love your horribly printed crapshoot... you voted!

cencichjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cencichjd
Re: Fiery Robot Rage

Very cool!

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

This one is way neat. I can see myself wearing this one.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: energy crisis!

You always do a great job with light and shading.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Power Nap

Nice.. i could use a recharge myself

trumpetgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpetgal

I really love this alot!!! I hope it wins!

BTW---does the cloud look like an angry teddy bear to anyone else but me? *:-)

Re: Chasing Windmills

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
sportability wrote:The startled bird's eye looks like it came straight from several of the caffeine submissions

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
Re: Blowfish POWER (resub)

Q: What do you call a turtle with spikey blowfish strapped to its back?

A: A slow-poke!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: The Cycle of Oil

BigZ7337 wrote:i like it, but the white skeletons kind of get lost in the light blue, a different color shirt might be better.

Yeah i tried a buncha different colors, but none read as well as the light blue to me, and i'm lazy so i didn't want to change them all