boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
uhhuhhuhhuh wrote:Ha, very good! I had originally planned one sign for each mitochondrion with competing prices, but decided it would be too cluttered. That sign started smaller and up by the mitochondrion on the top right, but I moved it to balance it out and forgot to move the mitochondrion with it! I noticed 5 minutes before submission time and figured I could get away with it. Good eye!

Nah, it's a better analogy for the mitochondria to be the pumps at a station instead of individual stations... then the sign placement is perfect!
Still love this shirt... hope to buy it soon!

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
Re: Muse of Vitality

Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

cadedude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadedude
Re: Things are tough all over

Hooray for nerd-shirts! It seems like there are plenty of chem shirts (If you're not part of the solution you're part of the precipitate), plenty of geology shirts (Geology ROCKS!), and plenty of programming shirts (There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't), but far too few biology shirts.

mockj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mockj
Re: Sound Energy

GMV. I love the design...and I don't like brown shirts, so of the ones in the fog right now...I hope it wins. :P

ChrisRisse

Re: Chasing Windmills

Beautiful, I love the woodcut look of it. Deserves to be printed.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
kdeuce wrote:ninja!

aimed for the wooters desire.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs

Some decent shirts, but nothing I'm crazy about.

ChrisRisse

Re: Blowfish POWER (resub)

This is a great illustration, needs to be fogged.

ChrisRisse

Re: Energizing Bunnies

I've had enough caffeine I think I'm finally immune... Nice design btw.

ChrisRisse

Re: Dream Eater.

What the...? When did this unfog?

ChrisRisse

Re: The Nectar of the Gods

Beautiful detail as always. I enjoy the color choices too.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Miracle Grow

Thanks to everyone who kept me up in the hotness all evening!!! I really appreciate it!

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
Re: Chasing Windmills

This is a great design, but I haven't seen it on the hotness list in a while. I'm afraid it might be slipping out of the fog. Keep the votes coming.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion
Re: katanetic energy

Zoh my katamari. <3

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: Earth's Energy

I love this design b/c it's just that: a design. GMV.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: energy crisis!

i saw this design in the making in the discussion board and...i don't even know how you do it, but it's awesome.

Arnion

Re: Banana Power!!

I'm surprised and sad that this isn't doing better than it is.

Arnion

Vote yes for Proposition nerdy awesome. =)

I looove the yellow. xD

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
AdderXYU wrote:only when I have something half-decent to critique

you guys should just give the guy some respect. haven't you seen his design blog? i mean, come ON.

ajitaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajitaw
Re: Earth's Energy

Totall t sick!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
jones21403 wrote:This is a great design, but I haven't seen it on the hotness list in a while. I'm afraid it might be slipping out of the fog. Keep the votes coming.

Thanks very much! i thought Edgar and Tgentry were ahead of me so i'm surprised it hasn't already.

toe2254

ChrisRisse wrote:Beautiful, I love the woodcut look of it. Deserves to be printed.

thanks Chris!

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt
Re: Renewable Energy

This is so disappointing that they rejected this. I seriously laughed my buttocks off my seat. (Happy woot?)

toe2254

caspianta wrote:i like the illustration. not sure it has enough going on to really get up to the fog (needs more of a story), but gmv for the style!

thanks!

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
Re: Spiritual Energy

I am a believer, so I am not against the idea of a religiously themed shirt, but without the title, I don't see how this shirt pertains to this derby specifically. I don't see how it is relevant to the theme in the actual shirt.

Maybe if you re-submit it with the "spiritual" energy more obvious, then it would work. Granted, the cross is spiritual energy, it just doesn't seem that energetic to me. But I may be wrong. Good luck!

mkspence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkspence
Re: Throw Caution to the Wind

Pretty cool. I like it.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
AdderXYU wrote:Even so, I don't think "energy" is very clear here.

Also, the brown in the background will print awful. but hey, why would anyone bother thinking about whether a shirt will look good in real life before voting? Keep doin' what you're doin'... hope you love your horribly printed crapshoot... you voted!

Adder is obviously upset over the fact that there are tons of "amateur" designs on Woot that outshine the kindergarten scratchings that he is trying to market to people on his blog and website. Your skill in creating something that is both beautiful and popular just makes him feel self-conscious about his blatant lack of talent and originality in t-shirt design.

Keep up the good work and don't let Adders bashing get to you. He hides behind his vocabulary, wordy grammar, and poor attempts at wit to confuse or dupe others into thinking he is good at something - Which appers to be being negative and writing crappy blogs and not making popular tshirts.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
ctajc wrote:I hope this doesn't get rejected, it shouldn't, coke bottles look a little different. Kind of silly anyways how a bottle can be trademarked... but whatever.

even if the actual coke bottle is, this isn't it. from a cursory look at wiki, the actual coke bottle has a wider base and a narrower mid-section, whereas this bottle seems to have a wider mid-section. wiki goes on to say that a bottle more resembling tgent's was thought about at one point, but having the mid-section wider than the base made it unstable on a conveyor belt. it's just wikipedia... so take from that what you will...

bbroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbroman

Nice. GMV.

carmicha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmicha

Nice! Excellent colors and composition. GMV!

vvildcard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvildcard
Re: Cofee Levels Critical

I like the placement... it's over the heart, which isn't technically the energy center for your body but it certainly keeps us going.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
Re: donut power

My two year old son drew this after eating all the icing off of a chocolate frosted donut. Proving that donuts are an excellent source of creative energy.

I held the tablet and and asked him "what color?" Then he'd scribble for a second and fold his arms and say "Umm... Blue." (or whatever color). We did a few. We both liked this one best.

Thanks for looking. We hope you like it.

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
cadedude wrote:Hooray for nerd-shirts! It seems like there are plenty of chem shirts (If you're not part of the solution you're part of the precipitate), plenty of geology shirts (Geology ROCKS!), and plenty of programming shirts (There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't), but far too few biology shirts.

That is 10 funny!

toe2254

Re: donut power

Brilliant!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
riffmaster18 wrote:Thanks!

NP, congrats on making it into the fog!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Thanks mkspence and carmicha!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
toe2254 wrote:no, but i do love Toad the Wet Sprocket. will that do? thanks for the vote!

way cool! I love Toad, listen to 'em all the time : ) don't know anyone else who does

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Energy Rush

So last night I dreamed I had a "flock" of Koalas I needed to move across the country-side. Let met tell you . .it was worse than herding cats.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
klswoot wrote:Thanks for the comments Webfoot and Narkus. I know what you mean about the colors. Probably looks that way due to the way that they are layered. The six colors are a light blue, white, yellow, orange, red and black. Then, I used the shirt color for the green.

hope you didn't think i was questioning the colors : ) i knew there weren't more than 6; your technique just made it look like that, really like it!

tamsenita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamsenita

I'm new to the forums and all, but I just wanted you to know that I really like this design - it's my favorite in this derby. Good Luck!