daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
sokowa wrote:So last night I dreamed I had a "flock" of Koalas I needed to move across the country-side. Let met tell you . .it was worse than herding cats.

Herding cats is easy. All you need to do is have a bit of tuna fish and tie it to a string. Cats will follow that anywhere. :-)

As for Koalas, they're usually kind of slow, gentle creatures that you could just as easily pick up and carry with you as herd.

Well, except when you give them Euca-Fizz. Then they're worse than Chihuahuas. :-)

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
narkus wrote:way cool! I love Toad, listen to 'em all the time : ) don't know anyone else who does

now you do

daedalusknight

littlejetties wrote:My two year old son drew this after eating all the icing off of a chocolate frosted donut. Proving that donuts are an excellent source of creative energy.

I held the tablet and and asked him "what color?" Then he'd scribble for a second and fold his arms and say "Umm... Blue." (or whatever color). We did a few. We both liked this one best.

Thanks for looking. We hope you like it.

Ha! For a minute there I thought this was a drawing of accelerated particles that had been spun around in a certain donut-shaped particle accelerator. Thanks for the explanation. :-)

daedalusknight

aerodino wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean. The shirt color does show through the background and edges of the design, somewhat.

I am a rookie here and am just doing this as I learn Photo Shop Elements.

I think perhaps Gambit was suggesting that the color of the shirt should show through the design a bit more (check out my design for an example of this). Your design kind of has a "sheet of ink in a rectangle" feel to it, which might be turning some voters off.

Great color choices, though... very windy. :-)

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
TheNewOriginals wrote:Uh...I hate to break it to you but that "Greek guy" your referring to is probably Archimedes and what he actually said was "Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world."

No, there was that other guy... I think his name was Doug. He would go on and on about his big crank. Then people stopped inviting him to fancy Greek parties. Archimedies was the guy with pruny fingers from sitting in the bath all the time.

echo91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo91
Re: Wasted Energy

Thanks guys... I don't think the cat would like it.

trumpetgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpetgal

Oh. It must just be me then. hehe. Way to go anyway!!! *;-)

toe2254 wrote:thanks! interesting observation.. i see the bear, but he doesn't look angry to me.

Razela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razela
Re: Wasted Energy

I love the concept, but I also just love the design with the use of color and the old worn look. I hope this gets more votes.

hattopic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hattopic
Re: Chasing Windmills

My personal favorite in the derby, unfortunately that means that it won't win.

LadyAlleria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyAlleria
Re: Energizing Bunnies

I couldn't resist it! It's cute! Cute always gets my vote. Great job! ^_^

melzern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melzern
Re: Fiery Robot Rage

Brilliant!

anneandkita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anneandkita

I would have voted for this had the logo been larger, and had the green taken up more bars. Green at low level doesn't make sense, even though you're doing it for aesthetic reasons.

You're right it doesn't need to be front and center, but it just doesn't work for me as a polo.

Which is too bad, because the concept is really clever and I really like the idea.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
DavidShenoda wrote:Adder is obviously upset over the fact that there are tons of "amateur" designs on Woot that outshine the kindergarten scratchings that he is trying to market to people on his blog and website. Your skill in creating something that is both beautiful and popular just makes him feel self-conscious about his blatant lack of talent and originality in t-shirt design.

Keep up the good work and don't let Adders bashing get to you. He hides behind his vocabulary, wordy grammar, and poor attempts at wit to confuse or dupe others into thinking he is good at something - Which appers to be being negative and writing crappy blogs and not making popular tshirts.

*giggles*... hilarious.

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
Re: Muse of Vitality

i sure do like how that fire looks...

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
krisrobinson wrote:*giggles*... hilarious.

>..<

SideShowMel0329

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SideShowMel0329

Great entry, I'd definitely want one of these!

So I heard you get cheap stuff here...

daedalusknight

vvildcard wrote:I like the placement... it's over the heart, which isn't technically the energy center for your body but it certainly keeps us going.

Heheh... if you drink a lot of coffee then that will get your heart going. Caffeine can mimic the effects of epinephrine on the heart.

And... like... bend space and time... :-)

asyrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asyrith
Re: Wind Energy

Beautiful use of colors. I would vote but the ying yang sign just isn't quite doing it for me. :/ Other than that, it's awesome.

daedalusknight

asyrith wrote:Beautiful use of colors. I would vote but the ying yang sign just isn't quite doing it for me. :/ Other than that, it's awesome.

Sorry you don't like the yin-yang. It was meant to suggest the energy cycle of heating/cooling that winds up creating wind.

From Wikipedia:

"Wind is the flow of air or other gases that compose an atmosphere (including, but not limited to, the Earth's). It occurs as air is heated by the Sun and thus rises. Cool air then rushes to occupy the area from which the hot air has just moved. It could be loosely classed as a convection current."

I realize that the yin-yang's not everyone's style, but I'm glad you liked at least part of my design. :-)

Fraglepop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fraglepop
Re: Fuel Cell

I like the design in conjunction with the theme, but I see it as unwearable because it sticks too closely to the theme, and personally I don't want to walk around with a giant steaming coffee cup on my shirt that represents nothing.

Super6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Super6
Re: Hybrid Eagle

Animals are people too, so in the midst of a climate crisis it only seems fit that they do their part to conserve energy and to stop destroying our planet. Greedy animals.

Fraglepop

Re: Potential Energy

Yes, yes, yes! I want! GMV! Good colors, concept, and design. Very wearable and is abstract enough to be worn without being questioned.

Fraglepop

Re: Windy City

Most definitely GMV. Great design and colors. I might punch someone if this doesn't get to the fog.

Fraglepop

Re: Muse of Vitality

Very cool. GMV.

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07
Re: Cofee Levels Critical

I really like the placement of the mug on this shirt, but it looks like it might be a bit too small :/

septober

quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober
Re: FREE AS THE WIND ENERGY

Almost got my vote. Love the design, but not the border effect. The colors are nice, too.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
septober wrote:Almost got my vote. Love the design, but not the border effect. The colors are nice, too.

I am trying to get away from the rectangular border effect. I'll work harder on that - thanks.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SideShowMel0329 wrote:Great entry, I'd definitely want one of these!

Thank you!!! I'm glad so many people are enjoying the design!

ILikeSnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ILikeSnow
Re: The World on Renewable Energy

The Green it the middle is not actually different from the shirt color.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: The Carrot Crusader

The Carrot Crusader packs antioxidant goodness in every solar-powered punch.

Eastaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eastaer
Re: Keep on going

Let me know what you think, hope you all like it.

36 Shirts and counting!

momtamc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momtamc
Re: Energy Goddess

Very appealing design! You GMV. Now if you had added a cup of coffee to her hand....

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
narkus wrote:hope you didn't think i was questioning the colors : ) i knew there weren't more than 6; your technique just made it look like that, really like it!

Oh no....not at all. I just thought folks might want to verify the 6 colors. But, you're right... The way in which the colors are used together makes it look like more than 6.

Thanks Narkus!

NonDescript

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonDescript

thats beautiful!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

momtamc wrote:Very appealing design! You GMV. Now if you had added a cup of coffee to her hand....

l.o.l The coffee would have been a cute addition!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Cyclops Like Sugar

Best big design ever! (gmv 2)

anne1704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anne1704

I really really love this design. It's so different from what you typically see on here (typical being pirates, aliens, and contorted/cartoonish fluffy animals).

I also really like the take on energy represented— the spiritual energy in everyone rather than physical (caffeine or "green" energy, etc).

Yeah, I seriously want this shirt...vote people vote!!!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
ChrisRisse wrote:What the...? When did this unfog?

I don't know. There are a lot of designs I like, but, this is without a doubt my favorite of the derby - so unique. I wish it were back in the fog.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: The Carrot Crusader

-ahaha- I love your veggies. Great job.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
hattopic wrote:My personal favorite in the derby, unfortunately that means that it won't win.

hopefully it'll break that record.