quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Irrelevant wrote:This is just beautiful

Stop commenting and buy something!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Eastaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eastaer
Re: EnDurgey Bunny

Reminds me of a Rabbid, from Rayman. Also like how you combined Energizer and Duracel into one word.

GMV

36 Shirts and counting!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Foo228 wrote:Best big design ever! (gmv 2)

Thanks so much! Every vote means a lot to me. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Where it comes from...and where it goes.

hey, I made the diameters of the hoses the oil is coming from proportional to the amount of oil produced by those locations.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
DavidShenoda wrote:Adder is obviously upset over the fact that there are tons of "amateur" designs on Woot that outshine the kindergarten scratchings that he is trying to market to people on his blog and website. Your skill in creating something that is both beautiful and popular just makes him feel self-conscious about his blatant lack of talent and originality in t-shirt design.

Keep up the good work and don't let Adders bashing get to you. He hides behind his vocabulary, wordy grammar, and poor attempts at wit to confuse or dupe others into thinking he is good at something - Which appers to be being negative and writing crappy blogs and not making popular tshirts.

The difference between anything I've done and this shirt is that if my shirts printed, they would look bad based on my talent or lack thereof (and I would never deny I'm a total amateur). This will look bad because it was incredibly poorly done.

Look at other shirt sites that matter. There is more on threadless with a sloppy drawing style than there is with clip-art looking blocks and no meaning. There is more similarity to my work on Design By Humans than to this low-visibility, lower-concept dreck. Even Uneetee insists on real designs and not this. I am not speaking out of bitterness or trying to obfuscate the truth... I am working with what real people who are respected in the shirt business seem to think. Woot is voted for by a bunch of know-nothings who love computers, and a handful of people who have an eye for art (note an eye, not a hand) and a desire to see true art go rewarded. I hide behind nothing... the people who believe otherwise hide behind the votes as if that is a sign of quality. Think of something that was voted for and is the best... look at oscars and grammys. Look at politics even. It's rare for something to win based on relative merit. Woot is all the more proof. Other sites are smart enough to not trust numbskulls with the final results.

If my skill, or lack thereof, means anything, it means I'm able to be fearless about speaking my mind. Don't kid yourselves, most designers here shut their faces in public because they're afraid of losing the votes of the same tools who vote for carp like this in the first place. Don't think their silence means they approve... they're just more concerned about keeping a good reputation and some solid paychecks than speaking their minds. I have nothing to lose, and am happy to speak their minds for them.

Woot insults you guys for the idiocy you buy. Learn the facts. You might be the majority, but that doesn't make you right.

Kaija

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaija
Re: Powered By Music

LOVE IT! gmv.

"Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of Cookies!" - Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report.

Aniphx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aniphx
Re: Yay!! Cupcake!

Am I the only one that doesn't get this one?

Kaija

Re: Dracula

His left leg (our right) is positioned kinda weird... & where is his other hand?

..... What is he doing under there? *^_^*

"Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of Cookies!" - Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report.

Aniphx

Re: Cofee Levels Critical

If this shirt wins, this will be the first Woot shirt I have bought myself in a while. ^^

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Aniphx wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't get this one?

nope...i don't get it either...although it's eerily similar to the "Yay Taco" daily shirt that was printed recently...

Aniphx

Re: Lightbulb Visits A Modern Art Museum

I don't dig yellow too much, but this is a brilliant idea. ^^

Aniphx

Re: Circuit-ulatory System

This one is just itching to break into the top 4, I know it. I think we'll see a turn around by the end of the week.

Aniphx

Re: Sound Energy

It's great having funny shirts around. But we also need shirts like these too. It's a really cool design and something that would be different for me. I think this needs ranked higher.

Aniphx

Re: Energizing Bunnies

This shirt might be too cute for myself. But, I wouldn't rule out getting this as a gift. ^^

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
AdderXYU wrote:The difference between anything I've done and this shirt is that if my shirts printed, they would look bad based on my talent or lack thereof (and I would never deny I'm a total amateur). This will look bad because it was incredibly poorly done.

Look at other shirt sites that matter. There is more on threadless with a sloppy drawing style than there is with clip-art looking blocks and no meaning. There is more similarity to my work on Design By Humans than to this low-visibility, lower-concept dreck. Even Uneetee insists on real designs and not this. I am not speaking out of bitterness or trying to obfuscate the truth... I am working with what real people who are respected in the shirt business seem to think. Woot is voted for by a bunch of know-nothings who love computers, and a handful of people who have an eye for art (note an eye, not a hand) and a desire to see true art go rewarded. I hide behind nothing... the people who believe otherwise hide behind the votes as if that is a sign of quality. Think of something that was voted for and is the best... look at oscars and grammys. Look at politics even. It's rare for something to win based on relative merit. Woot is all the more proof. Other sites are smart enough to not trust numbskulls with the final results.

If my skill, or lack thereof, means anything, it means I'm able to be fearless about speaking my mind. Don't kid yourselves, most designers here shut their faces in public because they're afraid of losing the votes of the same tools who vote for carp like this in the first place. Don't think their silence means they approve... they're just more concerned about keeping a good reputation and some solid paychecks than speaking their minds. I have nothing to lose, and am happy to speak their minds for them.

Woot insults you guys for the idiocy you buy. Learn the facts. You might be the majority, but that doesn't make you right.

blah blah blah blah...

Kaija

Re: Buzz the Barista

This made me L.O.L. :P

pastorseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorseth
Re: Sound Energy

Hoping this shirt makes the fog... love the design, great job!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Futurama episode? Where Fry drinks the 100 cups of coffee and achieves caffeine-nirvana?

Heeheh. Transcending space and time through caffeine ingestion. That Buddha guy could have saved a lot of meditation if he knew about that.

daedalusknight

sokowa wrote:Well, in the dream anytime i would turn my back they would slowly spread out and go towards the nearest trees. Then I'd have to get them all down. Kinda funny how drawings and tshirts can become a reality (at least in a dream sense). Good thing I didn't draw a monster this time.

Herding monsters might have been easier. :-)

trumpetgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpetgal

*TeeHee* silly koala bear *:-)

Re: Energy Rush

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725
Re: Plasma ball

these things are so cool

h2instinct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2instinct
Arnion wrote:I'm surprised and sad that this isn't doing better than it is.

Same, I'd definitely buy this shirt if they printed it... pretty sick design

casey7725

casey7725

illuminator wrote:This reminds me of a movie, I can't quite remember the title... at first I thought it was an old Irish man with faeries trapped in a jar.

I thought of the set up from the blair witch when they are talking in the camera at night

traildragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traildragon
Josephus wrote:hey, I made the diameters of the hoses the oil is coming from proportional to the amount of oil produced by those locations.

We actually get the most crude oil from canada - and mexico and nigeria each supply us with almost as much as saudi arabia. Nice concept though.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: The Carrot Crusader

Anything you lack in artistic skill is MORE than made up by your HILARIOUSLY AWESOME concept! Keep it up.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: The Carrot Crusader

Anything you lack in artistic skill is MORE than made up by your HILARIOUSLY AWESOME concept! Keep it up.

scgamecock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scgamecock

Reminds me of the Flaming Carrot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Carrot

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
toe2254 wrote:thanks very much.

I am 95% sure I will buy this shirt. The other 5% is due to my damn wallet. Damn damn wallet.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krisrobinson wrote:blah blah blah blah...

Play nice.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AdderXYU wrote:Yeah, I forgot that you probably couldn't read. My bad

You too.

Don't make me stop this car!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

xenwall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenwall

YAY POLLY! Is tres bien, I'd buy that for reals. A bargain at twice the price.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: the NEW hybrid

hahaha...cool concept and nicely executed, gmv.

daedalusknight

scgamecock wrote:Reminds me of the Flaming Carrot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Carrot

Wasn't he one of the Mystery Men?

The comic book ones, not the movie.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: Particles

These gradients may be too difficult to print. Post a larger detail.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: Earth's Energy

I would seriously encourage Krisrobinson to post a version of this shirt in this thread on the brown that Woot has supplied in the current template. The current version is not representative of the what the final print would end up. The Rejectorator looms.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

I considered making the line after the coffee cup more normal, but I was going for the idea that the coffee-resuscitation is a jolt.

Considering the competition, I'm fairly sure this won't make fog, but I am quite pleased to make it this far. =)

I looked for the Avenue Q EKG, but alas, I cannot find it. o_o Rather too bad because now I'm curious, hahah.

Thanks for the comments folks!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Nectar of the Gods

Whoa... I can't believe this is out of the fog. I thought it looked pretty strong from the hotness before... I guess things were happening all those hours I was offline.

Eh, since I'm commenting anyway, I'll chime in on the copyright discussion. This bottle doesn't look like a coke bottle to me. It's certainly similar with the curves, but I can't see it being rejectable. And I'm not sure about this, but didn't Coke copyright the bottle AND the red colour together? I recall it being mentioned in a rejection during the Summer derby (I think).

I think I would have liked a Coke-style label on the bottle marking it as ambrosia, but I'm guessing most people would prefer it without the text. Great design tgentry - as always!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Solsburyhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solsburyhill
Re: Wasted Energy

Gotta love the irony.

calbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbach

I really like this design. I'm shocked it didn't get voted higher.

Really nice work