2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Chasing Windmills

I never wanted a brown t-shirt... until now.

radner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radner
Re: BLAST OFF!

Why was this submitted so late??? Nice artwork!!!

woobwoob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woobwoob
Re: Acoustic Energy = LIFE!!

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. I finished this late last night, and was too tired to put the first comment in. The Red was intentional. I wanted something that popped out at you. I have a grey shirt like this with red on it, and it is one of my favorite T's. But to each his own eh?

P.S. anyone else had issues with uploading .png files for the Design Detail and Comp, and then having them look just horribly pixelated when viewed on the derby page? I had to upload it 3 times, and eventually change my previews to .jpg in order to get decent looking preview files.

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey
radner wrote:Why was this submitted so late??? Nice artwork!!!

Unfortunately, the idea came to me just yesterday, but thanks!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Yeah this is really cute. It would make an awesome Halloween tee. ^^

woobwoob

Simply brilliant idea!

woobwoob

Re: Nuclear Power Is Just Springs

well done! GMV

woobwoob

Re: Red Bulls Needa Java Fix Too!

heh love the slippers.

woobwoob

frostnova wrote:gmv, love the red on the asphalt shirt... gives it a lot of energy. ;D

Hey! I bought the Sublimican Republic so that I could take part in the derby goodness. Love that shirt, wear it all the time!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Atomic Beauty

Hmm...somehow I missed this until now. Very pretty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
eHalcyon wrote:Just wondering riff, is this supposed to be asphalt or black? It seems right inbetween on my monitor.

it's a black shirt

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
thomasella wrote:This is awesome. I'd love to have had one of these. Sometimes I really wish there was a way of saying "screw only buying the stuff that wins; I want to just buy the shirt win or lose."

I hear ya man. Thanks for the support.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
2thFairy wrote:I never wanted a brown t-shirt... until now.

brown is the new black.. it's what all the hep cats and chicks are wearing.

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge

Hah love the socks.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
casey7725 wrote:why wouldn't this shirt print well its doesn't look very complicated on a printing level

i think maybe the dark rays in the background and some of the thin lines for the birds and such. the same dark colors often get lost on the same background and sometimes the thin lines disappear after washings. two of my favorite t's had that problem. i'm not good at picking that stuff out. as some have mentioned, it could be a problem.

hannahkilcoyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hannahkilcoyne

This shirt has got to get back into the fog! It's one of the rare woot tees that I would actually buy!

haxrox

quality posts: 9 Private Messages haxrox

Jesus Lizard! Nice work.

stevejyim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevejyim
Re: Miracle Grow

Steve Yim

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
narkus wrote:i think maybe the dark rays in the background and some of the thin lines for the birds and such. the same dark colors often get lost on the same background and sometimes the thin lines disappear after washings. two of my favorite t's had that problem. i'm not good at picking that stuff out. as some have mentioned, it could be a problem.

The other problem I see is the color on the color. Not only will the dark colors will get lost in the brown of the shirt, but I think (and I, of course, can't be sure) that even the brighter brown will lack the contrast that is displayed on our screens. From afar, the design will look like a large coffee stain on a brown shirt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
Jack31081 wrote:Methinks he was being a bit facetious...note his own typo after having ranted about the seriousness of typos.

...Not to mention all the grammar problems. You're probably right, but I figured I'd give my point of view. If you weren't around for the T-shirt that I referenced though, it was originally put up for sale with iceberg spelled "iceburg" and then they changed it.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
septober wrote:I keep coming back to this one. It just draws my attention. Not sure why, because the border still bugs me, but it gets my vote anyway.

Hey thanks. I will make a point of going borderless in the future.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Miracle Grow

Thanks to everyone who got this design over 100 votes!!! I appreciate it!

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant

I was all over this one until I saw the comp...the actual jumping kid is not needed. from the detail picture i put it all together, and loved conceptually that this kid had all this energy to go out trick or treating, then got home and ate all of this candy, and so much energy he had to leave and go do something else....very A.D.D. unfortunately the comp shows the kid jumping up in the air and that throws it all off for me.

just a dude and his opinion though, please take no offense.

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
Re: Dream Eater.

Thanks everyone! I read all your comments and they make me smile smile smile.
asyrith, I sent you a PM about the high resolution image. If anyone wants anything like that ever, please PM, it's no trouble at all.

mrsayres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsayres

I think this is a brilliant design. I'm surprised it isn't higher up. I hope it gets there though. I might break my woot budget if it does.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Earth's Energy

I really like the design...

Seeing how much Adder hates it... it must be cool
GMV

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
casey7725 wrote:why wouldn't this shirt print well its doesn't look very complicated on a printing level

There have been problems at woot printing brown shirts that include 'subtle' aspects, such as a color that is close to that of the shirt itself.

Here are the issues I can see occuring with this particular design:

1) There is a subtle drop-shadow layer behind the light brown foreground. I guarantee that this effect will be lost in the printed shirt. Unless woot makes it black, it won't show up at all. The image on screen has a nice raised effect, but the shirt will look flat in comparison.

2) The rays behind the tree will suffer the same fate. The brown is WAY too close to the shirt color to show up at all in the finished design.

That's all I see being a problem. The printed design won't have the same impact that the preview does unless the colors are changed by woot. I don't think any of the small dots or birds or fish will be any problem at all. A number of designs in the past have proven that woot can print small details without any problem.

Now, Adder? What's goin' on, man? You're dragging this design through the mud because the guy made some poor color choices based on the wrong template? Is that really worthy of your wrath? And 'dreck'? The design itself is executed pretty well actually, regardless of how 'standard' it may be or how off-theme it is (and I agree that the theme isn't exactly expressed well). I mean, if you want to rant and rave about dreck, go over to MY design. I mean hell, at least this guy put a little effort into his design. I've always been the first to admit that I have no artistic skill at all, I just throw together what comes to mind and let the woot voting public have their say.

So, are you ranting against the voters for wanting to wear what you consider to be poor work, or are you ranting against the designers for submitting said work, thus allowing the voters to vote for it? Are we to think of more than ourselves when voting on a design, or are we to limit the voters' choices by only submitting designs that adhere to some undefined standard?

In either case, why stick around a site that angers you so? You're starting to come off a lot like unicornlover69 did back in the day. Not a good thing...

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey
Irrelevant wrote:I was all over this one until I saw the comp...the actual jumping kid is not needed. from the detail picture i put it all together, and loved conceptually that this kid had all this energy to go out trick or treating, then got home and ate all of this candy, and so much energy he had to leave and go do something else....very A.D.D. unfortunately the comp shows the kid jumping up in the air and that throws it all off for me.

just a dude and his opinion though, please take no offense.

No offense taken. Feedback is always a welcome thing as long as it's constructive. I went back and forth on putting the legs in there, but decided to go for the sight gag. My original thought was to have them separate with the candy in the lower corner of the image area and the legs in the diagonally opposite corner. Thanks for your comment though.

kuchiewoochie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kuchiewoochie
Re: Cofee Levels Critical

i cant vote for this. the button says "id want one" aand i want two

DYags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DYags
ruthsdad wrote:I like this one so much that I took back the votes I made for the others.

*giggles*, same here!

Zinnian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zinnian
Re: Cofee Levels Critical

In for one (Vote that is).
Nice Job. About time we get something not centered and huge.

hooliganx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hooliganx
Re: Static Cat Energy

I liked this better when it was the album cover for the Oingo Boingo EP way back when.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oingo_Boingo_(EP)

pinkrobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkrobe
Re: Things are tough all over

AWESOME! I'm geeking out over this!

pennglendinning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennglendinning
radner wrote:Two hours later, walla!

I think you mean "voila"

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: Lightning Man

It's 100% clipart, right?

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

pursenut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pursenut

I love me some kitties. Good luck!

tjflashman77

Re: Raw Power

So much detail in it... I'd like to see it larger.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

tjflashman77

Re: energy harvester

Gorgeous.

pursenut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pursenut
Re: Energetic Cats

I LOVE ME SOME KITTIES! GOOD LUCK!

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
uhhuhhuhhuh wrote:1.21 GIGAWATTS!!! Ha!

I love the glow effect!

So do I, I think I will start doing "effects" more since I've found a way to make them printable.