ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad
mbalicki wrote:This is the definition of an emo shirt. And it has nothing to do with energy, so why is this so highly rated?

Perhaps because people like it more than all but five others?

talos0417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talos0417

Dang I'm bummed this didn't atleast make it into the fog. I know you can't submit designs from woot within 30 days of the derby but you should definitely put this up for sale on spreadshirt I think a lot of the people who've commented would buy it from there

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
eHalcyon wrote:I would think that using proper grammar and punctuation would be more important than being verbose or using sesquipedalians. Just because someone uses big words doesn't mean he had to grab a thesaurus. I expand my vocabulary by reading. Maybe some other people do too. I agree with you that Adder could stand to be more polite, but I really doubt he's using a thesaurus to sound smart.

I don't really care about minor grammatical errors and bad punctuation on the internet, but you really shouldn't tout your use of it in that last post as an example of "sounding intelligent." If you want to sound smart, be clear, be concise and don't abuse grammar and punctuation as you just did.

I wouldn't have said anything, but you were being rather rude yourself in your condemnation of Adder. I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy.

eHalcyon, you frequently contribute awesome designs, you make a point to address and respond to every comment (positive or negative) in the threads for your designs, and you add valuable posts like this one to other threads. You are the epitome of a good Wooter. I commend you, sir.

Systemuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Systemuser
Re: Pedal Power

Very nice Adder - your best one yet!

shortbusgus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortbusgus
Re: Earth's Energy

Beautiful design, provocative and detailed. Even if I don't purchase, and I'm not saying I won't, thanks for entering it, it's been a joy just to have a gander.

dmf8625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmf8625

Isnt the artwork too close to the collar of the shirt? It does not look like there is the 1" gap needed.

redwards29a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwards29a
Re: Cofee Levels Critical

I love the design, but also agree that the logo should be larger and centered.

djyoshi626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djyoshi626
talos0417 wrote:Dang I'm bummed this didn't atleast make it into the fog. I know you can't submit designs from woot within 30 days of the derby but you should definitely put this up for sale on spreadshirt I think a lot of the people who've commented would buy it from there

I'd buy it ...

yodboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yodboy
Re: Energizing Bunnies

Woot should print this shirt anyway. It's a winner regardless. My wife would love to wear it.

JKRoadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JKRoadman
Re: Electric Mnemonic

someone please msg me if this ever becomes a shirt. i was named after an ox...sort of...

brainville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainville

Not sure about background color but I really like the logo!

Re: Lightning Man

-brainville

brainville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainville

I love it. My kinda humor....

-brainville

pwntalive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwntalive
bluchez wrote:It almost sounds like you are trying to imply something. Please elaborate for the slow among us.

I think hes saying your juicing the results by voting for yourself. Not that damning, really. Or were you referring to the undertone where your "design" was so weak, that you would have to rely solely on cheating to make it look like anyone cares. Not that it matters, as this design was rejected.

Great Jorb!

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: Banana Power!!

Thanks to everyone that voted, and I really appreciate all your great comments!

gril0030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gril0030

I need to have a shirt to wear to EE classes, this had better win over one of those artsy-fartsy ones.

loryk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loryk
Re: Sound Energy

i wish this one made it I would have definitely bought it!

twanda22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twanda22

Coffee is always a good idea. What a great design.

KrystleRock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KrystleRock

hey, this is a little off topic, but I need help designing a tattoo and this looks like its in a style I could love. can you hit me up at www.krystlemarcellus.com please? thanks!

dzietlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dzietlow

The design is amazing. It's a real shame about the colors though...they look good on here, but reading through all these comments has convinced me they wouldn't survive a washing machine. If Woot changes the colors a bit I'd buy one.

Powerdriven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Powerdriven
fairnymph wrote:My thoughts exactly. Not into the brown shirts.

I was thinking a black shirt with the red instead of the green or a white shirt with the green would also be cool. Great shirt though.

therealheyarnold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealheyarnold
Re: Circuit-ulatory System

Sell this shirt, and i'll freaking buy it!
EE 4 life! :p

Wow! Loot!

withremote

quality posts: 2 Private Messages withremote

Dude I'd wear this one!

Gentlewhisper.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gentlewhisper.com
Re: Miracle Lifeforce

Ahhh... I really wanted this shirt.

JosephFelice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JosephFelice

This is awesome, I want one for everyone in my family!

ravenk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenk

I will definitely buy it!

Pixiedoodle11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pixiedoodle11

I would have loved to see a connection to the stomach. cause everyone knows the way to a happy heart is through the tummy! :P

but its cool.

blahgivemeshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blahgivemeshirts

I like it a lot. Good luck I'm sure you'll get second place!

mrc131

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrc131

bad ass. very nice. should have been first.
love the detail. fish to birds.

karma1apple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karma1apple

Ooooh, I LOVE it! Hopehopehope it got third place, because I'm dying to wear it. =D

papermarq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papermarq

I'm really sad this design didn't make the cut, it's the only one of the four I was really crazy about. Sometimes woot can make me so happy, other times, so very sad. Thanks for getting my hopes up for an awesome shirt though.

Don't forget: With Lacuna, you CAN forget!

papermarq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papermarq
ubetteryoubet wrote:The illustration is gorgeous, but the tone on tone on tone looks a little... Old Navy tee to me. It's hard to get past the blah and really notice the work. Sorry.

I like how subdued all the colors are, so earthy and introverted. I was really looking for a nice dark shirt that wasn't black, and this speaks to both that desire and my environmentalist side. After missing out on the Blogging Old CEO by a few minutes last night and now this shirt not placing, this has been a very depressing weekend.

Don't forget: With Lacuna, you CAN forget!

JKRoadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JKRoadman

I love the shirt! Wish it had been the one to show up this morning, rather than the windmill shirt. Oh well

Nice job!

NeuB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeuB

This shirt was awesome! I wish it would've won one of the placing positions. Any chance the design will be used somewhere else? Or an honorable mention day with this shirt or something? Please lemme know if there is. I LOVE the design, great work, better luck next time.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Definitely need to put it on sale elsewhere once the copyright is void... I was so looking forward to buying one of these!

astronut82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astronut82

I want this shirt.....

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Wow, this is so WALL-E meets steam punk and The Dark Knight.

Good stuff.

lanpartyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanpartyz
illuminator wrote:Definitely need to put it on sale elsewhere once the copyright is void... I was so looking forward to buying one of these!

I would love to get this psd file so I could modify it up for a large back piece tattoo. I'd change it up a bit for more detail as a tattoo but this would give me a good start. any chance you can hook me up? I sent you a pm with my email address....

tmlizzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmlizzy

too funny! With gas prices the way they are, it's funny to think of our bodies going on strike and demanding higher pay :D

too cute.

solitudelovescompany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solitudelovescompany
Re: energy harvester

This design is probably the best i've seen on woot yet. Very nice Job.

capnjenkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capnjenkins

It is absolutely criminal that this didn't get more votes. Topical AND educational?? Show me where to sign!

[/url][/quote]