Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: My car runs on Imagination

Wicked design, love the flow of the rainbow.

commandogeraldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages commandogeraldo

I really like the devil caricature.

I like shirts. I like shirts, and things. But more than both of those, I like laughs.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Banana Power!!

Potassium FTW.

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510
Re: Blowfish POWER (resub)

I love the perspective and colour use. GMV.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Cheese Makes Me Go

I'm a big Wallace and Gromit fan, so I'd definitely buy this shirt.
GMV!

EwingKlipspringer

Re: Chasing Windmills

Wow. This is really stunning. That is a masterful use of shirt color in the blades of the windmill. Wow!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

this is so cute! but also really well drawn. love the kelp tying the blowfish to the sides of the turtle. great idea!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Puppy Energy

That's an impressive dog! (s)he and you have GMV.

EwingKlipspringer

Re: The Nectar of the Gods

Excellent design.

Yet, I can't help but thinking that when all that caffeine gets into that little bird's system, he's going to end up being the first hummingbird to orbit the earth.

GMV.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
badTchap wrote:A twist on the traditional koi design. This little fish got a bit too much energy in his water!

I know this is a fish and not a frog, but it makes me think of the amphibian malformations site...

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

arockdisco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arockdisco
Re: The Heart Spark

i love this design. super clean.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mrwednesday wrote:I can't help but think that this idea has already been done in official advertising and it is definitely not the first time I've seen a hummingbird drinking cola from a bottle. The artwork is very well done though.

I looked for quite a while and couldn't find anything similar. If you know of something, by all means post it.

Edit: After thinking it over, I think it's highly unlikely a soda company would use a hummingbird (let alone a tweaking hummingbird) drinking their product in an advertisement.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
curb1510 wrote:Great on a several levels. My husband is Dutch; nice painterly allusion to Van Gogh; and the whole notion of tilting at windmills is pretty much what my husband does for a living.
Enough about us. I like your take on the theme and the rendering and colour scheme are so refreshing (i.e. a nice departure from the kid-cartoon stuff that Wooters seem to love). Fingers crossed.

wow, thanks so much. i considered putting a little Don Quixote over to the right but decided that would shift the concept too much from energy. it really makes me happy that you enjoy this design.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Light Energy Travels as Both Particle and Wave

Yellow and lime on navy. Another look at the image:

deckard9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deckard9

This shirt is by far the best I've seen on shirt.woot since I started checking the derbies regularly in May. The most wearable shirt I've ever seen here and the colors are fantastic. I really hope this gets printed.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Sweet, Sweet Sloth

When it comes to energy, the sloth is maybe the lowest on the list of animals most likely to get up and go. But you get some sugar in that guy and watch out: he may strut for awhile.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

Thank you YettaNother, boni, bvillarreal, jandt4ever07! Every vote gets you an ATP card for 3 cents off per mole.

tgentry

Staff

Re: The Nectar of the Gods v2

I don't think the other one should be rejected, but since I'll be out of town until Sunday I'll go ahead and submit a variation on it just in case. Thanks for any votes.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
EwingKlipspringer wrote:Excellent design.

Yet, I can't help but thinking that when all that caffeine gets into that little bird's system, he's going to end up being the first hummingbird to orbit the earth.

GMV.

I love the artwork, no doubt about it there, it's just that this actually signifies death to me, since the caffeine would kill the hummingbird. So instead of being cute and funny, this one is just sad. Not the reaction you were expecting, I'm sure.
Don't take this as being the usual "attack the cho/gentry artwork" please!

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

socalicitizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen

I love the windmill done in a Van Gogh style. Very appropriate! These two latest derbies have seen my favorite shirts in the top four (at the time of this post... knock on wood).

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510

You should be proud, it's great work. I just finished lobbying some friends on Facebook to vote for this. I know they'll like it and we've GOT to get this printed!

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129

(oops! errant post- mods, please delete!)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Atomic Beauty

Atomic energy can be beautiful.

escargot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages escargot
Re: Switch sheep at Night

Is this what androids dream of?
If it was your intention to make a Philip K. D ick reference, you should make it clear in the title. A good-looking and clever design!

(stupid profanity filter can't tell the difference between an author's name and genitalia)

rafoolik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafoolik
Re: Blue Flame

if this wins, im buying one. awsome work man. w00t!

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
2005vette wrote:If the coffee level is low shouldnt it be red instead of green.

I thought about that, but I was set on using the brown shirt, and I felt the green looked better against the brown than red.

Thanks for the words, guys.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Chasing Windmills

I clicked on the thumbnail and it blew my mind. Toe, this is incredibly awesome. The style, the composition, the energy/movement, the colors, the concept. Truly wearable art. Gorgeous!

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Jack31081 wrote:I thought about that, but I was set on using the brown shirt, and I felt the green looked better against the brown than red.

Thanks for the words, guys.

Then, IMO, you should make it all green, as in FULL of energy.

rafoolik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafoolik
Re: Fuel Cell

good work, if this wins, i will definitly buy one. W00T!

jghoulia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jghoulia
Re: Solar Panel Sunbathing

Hey all! Thanks for checkin' out my shirt. This idea of energy can go so many ways...but the first thing that popped into my mind (being a dog lover and just recently seeing an ASPCA commercial!) was a dog utilizing solar panel rays to light his/her doghouse. Please leave feedback and let me know what you think!!! Everyone have a happy fourth! Cheers!

-Julia

MikeKelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeKelly

I like this a lot. Hey everyone, vote for this shirt so i could buy one. Great design. The blue on black is always a cool combo.

time and energy forever

endless energy

echo91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo91
Re: Plasma ball

Any feedback on this design is welcome and appreciated!

heartluce

Re: Dream Eater.

This is another fraking awesome creation from your brilliant crazy mind. -ha- I say that fondly of course. I love the unique/modern design and the freaky action going on. I also love it on white which shocks me but the colors are great.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Sound Energy

Love this. Hope it is printed, will definetley be buying one.

heartluce

Really beautiful illustration!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Good and Bad Energy as One

We all carry with us a little good and bad energy.

heartluce

Re: Mad Dr. Z and the Electric Team

-ahaha- crazy design. I love your style Chris. Mad skillz.

tgentry

Staff

Re: The Nectar of the Gods

Since I'm sure this bottle shape has been tattled on tenfold and I'm leaving town for the weekend, I'll post why I believe it shouldn't be rejected:

This shirt falls under parody as it is commenting on the (likely unhealthy) sugar rush gained from sodas, much like Fivebucks Coffee used the Starbucks logo to comment on how expensive Starbucks is (but with an even smaller appropriation of corporate branding) . I'm not just putting a coke bottle on a shirt and trying to make money off it. Likewise Coca-cola would not use a tweaking hummingbird as an advertisement as it would reflect poorly on them. If it was just a regular hummingbird without that reaction I could see it falling short of commentary, and therefore not meeting the needs of parody. If woot disagrees then I already have another version up, but I much prefer this one.

Everyone have a great 4th of July weekend. See you all on Sun. night.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Re: Switch sheep at Night

Love the concept, but I'm too much of a softy to wear a dead sheep, even if it's an electric one. Poor little bugger! ;_;

heartluce

Re: Energy Rush

I love this! Hopped-up on energy drinks koala. Awesome.
I love the designs this derby. The last one, not so much.