+ Add a Comment

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: boom, baby!

boom, baby! I'm the mad bomber that bombs at midnight!

mkendal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkendal
Please! Vote for this i REALLY want to wear this pure genius shirt !]

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Boxy Night

Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but wasn't derekfilley rejected for having reproduced da Vinci artwork on a shirt? I believe it was in the invention derby, when it was determined that "I'll have to say that there is not enough manipulation and/or commentary to warrant the use of Da Vinci's art work exclusively." While I understand this is a "pixellated" version of Van Gogh's Starry Night, it certainly uses Van Gogh's artwork exclusively, without any noticable manipulation (other then size and color depth, which of course were performed in derek's piece as well) and certainly no commentary on the actual artist's work that I can gather.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
bluchez wrote:Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but wasn't derekfilley rejected for having reproduced da Vinci artwork on a shirt? I believe it was in the invention derby, when it was determined that "I'll have to say that there is not enough manipulation and/or commentary to warrant the use of Da Vinci's art work exclusively." While I understand this is a "pixellated" version of Van Gogh's Starry Night, it certainly uses Van Gogh's artwork exclusively, without any noticable manipulation (other then size and color depth, which of course were performed in derek's piece as well) and certainly no commentary on the actual artist's work that I can gather.

I would certainly like woot to start having a "personal artwork only" rule. It would eliminate issues like this. However, the precedent has been set as far back as unhappy meeting, which was just two clip-art icons on a shirt. Woot doesn't care about decent art or even decent concept... not in the derby at least

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
bluchez wrote:Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but wasn't derekfilley rejected for having reproduced da Vinci artwork on a shirt? I believe it was in the invention derby, when it was determined that "I'll have to say that there is not enough manipulation and/or commentary to warrant the use of Da Vinci's art work exclusively." While I understand this is a "pixellated" version of Van Gogh's Starry Night, it certainly uses Van Gogh's artwork exclusively, without any noticable manipulation (other then size and color depth, which of course were performed in derek's piece as well) and certainly no commentary on the actual artist's work that I can gather.

I believe that was klswoot who did the da vinci that got booted. And starry night has also been entered twice.. without getting the boot.

Which isn't to say derek didn't also do a da vinci, but i don't recall it if he did.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion
Re: Sakura

Veryyyy nice. =D

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
klswoot wrote:DK - This is really well done! Love the contrast on the black and the way you achieved the shadows onthe fox. Looks great in the small screen size too. Good job!

Why thanks very much. I think this would wind up being one of those shirts that people can look at from further away and not even notice the pixel-ness of the design, which is why it looks good in the small scale. :-)

daedalusknight

artulo wrote:boom, baby! I'm the mad bomber that bombs at midnight!

Hehehe... I love references to the Tick. Nice a-splosion. :-)

Check out The Evil Midnight Bomber's website! :-)

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
Re: Pixellated Nigt

Why are there 3 of these?

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
derekorr11 wrote:what the carp is this?!

A FLW / Modern nicely designed t-shirt in the fog.

AdderXYU

Re: I Eat Soap

Something about this is just hilarious... especially imagining the bear as a honey bear

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Let Them Try To Eat Cake

love it! so cute

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

cuppm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuppm
sailstud25 wrote:Oh! ...and some Koi types are back! Liking it too :-D

I see that when penguins are banned, that koi replace them?

AdderXYU

are those... birds?

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse

another great design from a great girl!

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: I Am But A Lonely Panda

Some requests were there to submit this original design as well....I don't see this guy getting into any fog, so I suppose it doesn't matter either way.

But, alas, here is the cute version as it was originally intended.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Blue Hands

A resub...less brutal with the reds. Just a simple handprint on blue

daedalusknight

bluchez wrote:Felt like making an eyeball, that's all.

Heeh. Reminds me of the Eye of Sauron. Scary (and also cool :-).

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

daedalusknight

Re: Old School re-sub

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this still has text in it and will be rejected. The "No. 2" on the pencil counts as text. Sorry about that.

karisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karisse

I figured if birds + windows = uh oh, then birds + cake plate/cover = uh oh(er)

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
sailstud25 wrote:Did you do half and then mirror, by chance?
As mentioned in the forum last night, will they be picky about the word pixels in the title? I sure hope not.

I'm not sure what most people did, but I believe lots of people made a 64x80 pixel canvas and then filled in the individual pixels with the pencil tool. Selecting "resample image: nearest neighbor" when sizing up to the print sized pic makes the image larger without distorting the separate boxes/pixels of color.
Throwing that out there. It'll be helpful if you're planning on working on another one, or helpful for anyone who has yet to submit something, but wants to. It would've cut down on a ton of option-clicking, but then so would reflecting the image... I'm not knocking the methods to your madness though, I have my own masochistic tendencies to attend to. Plus there can be a tremendous amount of pride in not taking shortcuts.
Congrats on being fogged, cheesesandwich.... (mmmmmmm... cheese sandwich).

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

Ostowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ostowe
Re: Groovebot 9

This robot's name is Gerald. He became interested in funk music at an early stage in his circuitry development. He discovered that the smooth grooves and sexy vocals meshed well with his motherboard. As he grew older, he was drawn further and further into the world of funk. These four pictures were taken of Gerald after 30 years of robothood. He was busy sweeping his master's floor when he heard "She's a bad Mama Jama" by George Clinton, and he just couldn't stop from laying down some sweet moves.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: BANANAMAN!

It's very apeeling!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Big Wheel

fun - so many good memories

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Snapster wrote:A FLW / Modern nicely designed t-shirt in the fog.

yep. my favorite in the derby. possibly ever.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Pixel Zombie Bytes Your Noggin

I have missed your zombies. welcome back

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

karisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karisse
AdderXYU wrote:are those... birds?

The birds are on their backs, dead... those arrows are their little birdy feets in the air.

MKugs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKugs
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=18964]

Took the suggestions and altered the eyes and nose. Tried to make them both more realistic and unique.

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

atleast somebody gets it.

thanks!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Wall Pixels

This is really nicely done Cheese. It almost looks like a cross-stitched or needlepointed design. It's very wearable. I like the blue on blue as well.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Caffeine-y Genie

Hoping to capitalize on this weeks coffee success?

mrwednesday

Re: Who Wants a Moustache Ride?

Had to vote for the title.

mrwednesday

I saw the design and thought, "finally one that looks good" and then I saw the baby blue...........

gravitybound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gravitybound

Nice triptych. GMV

mrwednesday

Re: My Lucky Shirt

Best I've seen so far.

mrwednesday

Re: California ReSuB

This would be a great shirt if you could have the stylized "California" on it. Still nice without it though.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Re: Beards!

I love experimenting with beard styles....haven't quite mastered the last one yet though...

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510

Didn't think anything would grab my interest in this derby...but I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!
Needless to say: GMV!

mrwednesday

Re: Thermal View of Love

Not something I'd normally wear but really well done and great idea with the thermal view. I'd get one.