daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
ChrisRisse wrote:Looks great! I like the shirt color and positioning. Green eyes are really emphasized.

Why thank you very much. I'm so glad you like it. :-)

trumpetgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpetgal

Forget about other instruments- it's all about the trumpets!! hehe--JK!
I love and will buy this! GMV *:-)

Re: The Music Matrix

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks again! You guys are so nice.

mdwarren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdwarren
Re: Shades of summer

what is it?

daedalusknight

mdwarren wrote:what is it?

Looks like a butterfly sitting on a flower. Or am I mistaken?

daedalusknight

Sachmoe64 wrote:I dont wanna be a jerk, but I count 7 colors. 3 pink, 1 background, and 3 black/gray... there are only like two squares of a middle gray, but may be enough to be rejected. really well done though.

I see what you're saying, but I think that those two "light gray" squares are actually the same color as the darker ones but look lighter because of jpg compression. Put the image into photoshop zoom in and you'll see what I mean... the cream color around the light gray pixels seems to be "bleeding in" because of compression.

Kdeuce, could you please post the image in a non-compressed format (and perhaps larger) so that we can see the colors more clearly? It's best to avoid rejection any way you can. :-)

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Deco Pixels (on Red)

Love it. This derby is perfect for a pattern.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
daedalusknight wrote:I see what you're saying, but I think that those two "light gray" squares are actually the same color as the darker ones but look lighter because of jpg compression. Put the image into photoshop zoom in and you'll see what I mean... the cream color around the light gray pixels seems to be "bleeding in" because of compression.

Kdeuce, could you please post the image in a non-compressed format (and perhaps larger) so that we can see the colors more clearly? It's best to avoid rejection any way you can. :-)

or it could be what's called "simultaneous contrast" which is when a color looks lighter or darker than it actually is because of the lightness or darkness of the background.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: One Green and Pixeled Frog

Hehe.. I like the look on the frog's face :D

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
AdderXYU wrote:I like this, but it looks more mosaic than pixel art with the lines through it (especially since woot wants only continuous pixels, not lines).

Lines? My dear sir, there are no lines in this piece of work, only the illusion of lines. It has to look like a mosaic or it wouldn't be an ode to a Grecian Octopus . . . It'd be an ode to an Atari Octopus . . . or something.

illuminator

Re: This Is Only A Test

Funny... I can almost hear the wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Briany

Foo228 wrote:gray tshirt?

Actually, it's asphalt . . . and, surprisingly, after testing each shirt colour, it's the one that worked the best. Go figure.

illuminator

Re: TOY-TLE

More like a waffle... mmmm waffles...

Briany

Re: One Green and Pixeled Frog

One green and pixeled frog, sitting on a pixeled log, eating some most delicious bytes. He jumped into a pool, where it was nice and cool, then there were no green pixeled frogs . . . ribbit, ribbit.

illuminator

Re: Cricetinae Pixelium

Hamstaville!!! I like it! llo

illuminator

Re: Blue Hands

Looks like something the Blueman Group would do... ;)

PhoebeP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhoebeP
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

This is stunning! i would love to wear this. Oh, I hope you win!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
Re: Building Blocks

Science! Hehe. I like it, GMV.

uhhuhhuhhuh

bvillarreal wrote:Awesome shirt - I'll buy one!

Thanks, me too!

the4bagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4bagger
Re: Tactical Espionage Panda

Great design! I really hope more people decide to vote for this one.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: I am Taller Than Most Things

Nice shirt, i'm thinking would lose it's appeal if it wasn't inside the printing area. Who knows.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
daedalusknight wrote:I see what you're saying, but I think that those two "light gray" squares are actually the same color as the darker ones but look lighter because of jpg compression. Put the image into photoshop zoom in and you'll see what I mean... the cream color around the light gray pixels seems to be "bleeding in" because of compression.

I think that those pixels are a different color because they are the perfect size and one only touches the outside but a corner.

Circles show the deviant pixels

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Re: Orange Sugary Goodness

I really like this. :-D

ya2sabes

Re: the Pixel Griffin

This is so sick. The size, the idea. You picked my least favorite shirt colour...but I'd still buy it. GMV

rachinha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachinha
Re: No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!

Teehee! I love monkeys!

Sachmoe64

toe2254 wrote:or it could be what's called "simultaneous contrast" which is when a color looks lighter or darker than it actually is because of the lightness or darkness of the background.

If that were true the edges of the tree would apear darke since the background is lighter as well as it would be consistant all along the tree (our eyes dont segrigate) but good thinking.

ya2sabes

Re: Building Blocks

Gah, I hate to do this and I despise when other people get technical but aren't the building blocks of life amino acids????

Don't hate me, I'm a science major.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Re: Waffles!

Question. Where did you get those round pixels?

uhhuhhuhhuh

illuminator wrote:Love this one! Reminds me of Mega Man! GMV.

Thanks! I was hoping it would evoke some kind of video game feel without being a direct rip-off of any specific game. Glad you like it!

uhhuhhuhhuh

Re: Blue

I used to have a skateboard that had a similar image on it...loved that board. GMV!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

toe2254 wrote:dude, this sickens me to no end. you have my support if there's a petition or anything like that. i've seen this painting (or variations of it) everywhere from black velvet paintings to tv commercials. this a completely unfair rejection and should be corrected ASAFP.

that goes for all three (even though i want yours to win)

I can't really get behind reproducing a popular painting without making any changes to it. I don't think it's a copyright issue in this case since the painting is pretty old, but it still is unoriginal artwork. That said I'd love to see Joe do a variation on the starry night that's obviously inspired by it, but not a direct copy. I think he could do it and it would probably still get a lot of votes. It's only Saturday and the voting seems really slow on this one, it could be fogged by the end of the day.

uhhuhhuhhuh

jones21403 wrote:The more I look at this design, the more I like it. It's probably my favorite design (besides mine) of this derby so far. It's not as artsy as some of the others, but I could actually see myself wearing it. Good Job!

Thanks! I like your double helix! I have a couple friends who would definitely wear it.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Sachmoe64 wrote:If that were true the edges of the tree would apear darke since the background is lighter as well as it would be consistant all along the tree (our eyes dont segrigate) but good thinking.

now that you circled them i think it's just a matter of the pixels being missed when the artist was possibly changing the color of the tree. it's obviously a minor error and not an intentional 7th color (i can't even see the difference but this monitor is rather dark). if woot rejects this design because of such a minor error that's easily fixed they may incite a riot.

uhhuhhuhhuh

Re: Shades of summer

Hey, you submitted the half-squashed butterfly! Just kidding, looks good! GMV

Sachmoe64

toe2254 wrote:now that you circled them i think it's just a matter of the pixels being missed when the artist was possibly changing the color of the tree. it's obviously a minor error and not an intentional 7th color (i can't even see the difference but this monitor is rather dark). if woot rejects this design because of such a minor error that's easily fixed they may incite a riot.

Again I dont mean to come off as a jerk. Im trying to be helpful and give a heads up, thats all.

uhhuhhuhhuh

Re: Stuck pixels in the sky

I like it! I'm surprised nobody else thought to do a stuck-pixel shirt. I wanted to do an all black shirt with just one little red pixel somewhere just for giggles.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
the4bagger wrote:Great design! I really hope more people decide to vote for this one.

You and me both

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

uhhuhhuhhuh

Re: I´m on FI-YAH!

This design is pretty sweet. I love the green flames and the negative space used to make the record! GMV

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Schrobblehead wrote:What's the woot equivalent of yelling pancakes at the refs?

You mean shenanigans? I call shenanigans!

Still single, can't imagine why.