enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
noisdois wrote:Your Uncle Walt is GANDALF?!? COOL!!!

"A poet is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

- uncle walt

dancerqt0284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancerqt0284
Re: Sad Panda

Cute! I like it :D

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
invisiblecrazy wrote:Methinks someone's just frakking with Joel...

What makes you say that? ...Just curious.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

karisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karisse
Re: My Giant Award Winning 8 Bit Weiner

I love your weiner.

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
karisse wrote:I love your weiner.

Thank you sweety, it aims to please.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight

I really hate to be pimping my shirt again when I already advertised it, but I have a feeling that my design isn't getting much attention because of all the confusion and debate about other entries out there. I'm in fifth place right now and I really hope that I can make it to printing this time as I've had a few close calls before but never actually managed to stick in the final three until the end.

If you like my design, please vote for it. Thanks to everyone who has voted already. I hope everyone's having a great weekend and that things will be all nice and sorted out by Monday.

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

parvulissula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parvulissula
Re: Our Best Picture Yet

Finally, a picture of Nessie.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
redghia69 wrote:Cat on sill

This started as a Mondrian knock-off, but I couldn’t bring myself to stay with the primary colors.... I hope you'll like how it turned out. Placement is “medium-low”, and shifted right as far as wootably possible.

I like cats, what can I say?

Thanks Cho, for sharing the wrinkly shirt template.

I really like that you did something different with the style. My two critiques - not sure about the brown colour you chose for the lines. Looks like it might get lost in the shirt colour. I think I'd also like it better without the pixel-distress.

I like it anyway though.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma

You had me at hello with the design, but the color throws it all off for me, unless woot's baby blue is closer to the pale end of the spectrum. I personally would have thrown it onto a creme shirt. So, great design, I'll be rooting for it, but I probably won't buy.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
eHalcyon wrote:I really like that you did something different with the style. My two critiques - not sure about the brown colour you chose for the lines. Looks like it might get lost in the shirt colour. I think I'd also like it better without the pixel-distress.

I like it anyway though.

Thanks eHal. The thing with the brown shirt is that it's really dark -- so dark that black has a hard time showing up at all. A lighter brown should show up fine, but it's not a big deal (for this design anyhow) if not so much. I almost left them shirt color.

metalwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalwolf
Re: Sakura

i think this is a very tasteful design, but from my experience with woot printing, the actual shirt will very likely come out ugly with very thick and stiff ink similar to "the lady in the water."

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt

This is a great use of the pocket size. This is a design that I really don't see being placed otherwise. Great job! Now all I want is a big print...but nobody else wants those...

mikebrinkerhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebrinkerhoff

I LOVE this one!! It has to get printed!!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: ThreeDee

It does work. Nice job.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Discobiscuits wrote:can i touch it

You want to touch his wiener? :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

eHalcyon

redghia69 wrote:Thanks eHal. The thing with the brown shirt is that it's really dark -- so dark that black has a hard time showing up at all. A lighter brown should show up fine, but it's not a big deal (for this design anyhow) if not so much. I almost left them shirt color.

Yeah, I know about the black-brown problem.

I was going to suggest letting the shirt colour show through but then you would lose the extra line extrusions.

Well, again, I really appreciate how you took the mondrian-esque design in a different design. Good luck, sir. It doesn't look like this particular design is going anywhere, but I'll still be looking forward to your different and artistic approaches to design!

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Mrfloyd5933 wrote:Glad to hear it avoided the rejected status. This one GMV I hope it will make its way the fog. (sorry for giving it my vote, it seems everyone I vote for never makes it up there ;)) So far this is one of my favorite of this derby!

Thanks!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: MADE WITH REAL BUTTER AND FRESH CREAM

I'm so disturbed by this...

JadenKale

Re: Fox Blocks

this IS rather nice Daed. I like it alot. Grats man on a great idea.

eHalcyon

daedalusknight wrote:

I'm in fifth place right now and I really hope that I can make it to printing this time as I've had a few close calls before but never actually managed to stick in the final three until the end.

I feel your pain, good sir - doubly so because of the fox. I wish you much luck. You're yet another artist here that I feel should have been printed many times by now.

JadenKale

phzzt wrote:This is a great use of the pocket size. This is a design that I really don't see being placed otherwise. Great job! Now all I want is a big print...but nobody else wants those...

well if it doesn't work well here, perhaps I'll take it to cafepress. but I'm still holding out hope that it gets some more love

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
daedalusknight wrote:You want to touch his wiener? :-)

There's enough to go around.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Re: The Maze...

The shirt that just encourages everyone to touch your chest for an extended period of time. Please wear with caution!

redghia69

eHalcyon wrote:Yeah, I know about the black-brown problem.

I was going to suggest letting the shirt colour show through but then you would lose the extra line extrusions.

Well, again, I really appreciate how you took the mondrian-esque design in a different design. Good luck, sir. It doesn't look like this particular design is going anywhere, but I'll still be looking forward to your different and artistic approaches to design!

Ha, that's funny. I missed that in the slogan derby.

You're right -- this one's got no traction, though it's early. It could still finish in the top 100. Other ideas are starting to come, but I think I'll resist. I do like to experiment with different styles, and am seriously having trouble doing that with 5120 pixels.... Could go back to trying the primary colors thing for this, but there are a few "Mondrians" already....

redghia69

low-rez fork?

A spork is just a low resolution fork, right?

jeezpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeezpf
Re: Wall Pixels

Ok... so this is going to sound pretty stupid... but I need to ask. Is this going to be on the light blue shirt with the darker blue print? I mean... it's not going to be on the dark blue right? Just wondering

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
daedalusknight wrote:As far as I know, the only determiner of whether or not you can withdraw your own entry is time. In the first 24 hours after you submit a shirt you can remove it by clicking on the red "X" at the top.

oh i see.

Dhraakellian

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dhraakellian
Re: Blue

Tatoos, face paintings, or exposed electronics?

I think I prefer the third option.

My colored box^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H qube has turned dark red^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H brown. I don't really need to show off a list of everything I've wooted anymore, do I?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 56k glory days

I'd love to see a guy wearing this. XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Reversing Time

I wish I could do this all the time! GMV

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Thunderbird

The Thunderbird is a legendary creature in North American indigenous peoples' history and culture. It's considered a "supernatural" bird of power and strength. It is especially important, and richly depicted, in the art, songs and oral histories of many Pacific Northwest Coast cultures, but is also found in various forms among the peoples of the American Southwest and Great Plains.

The Thunderbird's name comes from that common belief that the beating of its enormous wings causes thunder and stirs the wind. The Lakota name for the Thunderbird is Wakį́yą, a word formed from kįyą́, meaning "winged," and wakhą́, "sacred." The Kwakwaka'wakw have many names for the Thunderbird and the Nuu-chah-nulth (Nootka) called him Kw-Uhnx-Wa. The Ojibwa word for a thunderbird that is closely associated with thunder is animikii, while large thunderous birds are known as binesi.

Across many North America indigenous cultures, the Thunderbird carries many of the same characteristics. It is described as a large bird, capable of creating storms and thundering while it flies. Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks, and individual lightning bolts made by the glowing snakes that it carries around with it. In masks, it is depicted as many-colored, with two curling horns, and, often, teeth within its beak.

chrisvilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisvilla
Re: 3,2,1...KA-BOOM!

Hey, I just entered my first shirt design - Reversing Time. I'll vote for yours after I get some allowance to buy something!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
Re: Reversing Time

I like it! GMV.

uhhuhhuhhuh

chrisvilla wrote:Hey, I just entered my first shirt design - Reversing Time. I'll vote for yours after I get some allowance to buy something!

Hehe, thanks Chris. Congrats on your first entry! Buy something cool...

uhhuhhuhhuh

Re: CMYK Leakage

Damn, this is one of the few shirts that I would wear...so of course, no votes. Oh well, you got mine!

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
Re: ~ Wobot Wuv ~

Wow! Didn't expect to get so many votes. Being in the new hotness today was nice, too! Thanks for the comments & for checking out this design.

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd
Re: 56k glory days

he he...funny. but no. I think they will reject it because of the nipple reference.

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
Re: My Giant Award Winning 8 Bit Weiner

I want to mac on that big daddy.