daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:I feel your pain, good sir - doubly so because of the fox. I wish you much luck. You're yet another artist here that I feel should have been printed many times by now.

Thanks for the good wishes and for the compliment. I've come awfully close to being printed (fourth place a couple of times) but never quite made it there. I do rather hope I make it this time around.

Thanks for your support!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
sundbe10 wrote:What's bumperk's?

he did the other head screaming on the grey shirt, but it has the pixel grid showing to make up part of the image.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
dirtdirt wrote:What happened? I could've sworn I saw this as rejected (and I was like "wha??"). Did the reconsider, or is this a different submission.

At any rate: cute!

It kinda confuses me too, but whenever I look at the thumbnail I think that it has been rejected because of the big red line through it. But nope, this isn't a resub or anything like that. Thanks for the compliment!

daedalusknight

Cycospaz2 wrote:This would be breathtaking as a sharp image! But, under the circumstances... definitely has my vote.

Well, we do what we can given the restrictions of each derby, but I kind of think that this shirt works even as a "giant pixel" design, not because there's any particular reason for a fox to be pixellated, but because it's the kind of design you could make a mosaic out of and have it look good as a design on a wall.

Heheh.... I wonder how cheap mosaic tiles are... I could probably make a replica mosaic fox myself. :-)

Thanks for your vote!

narkus

Re: lady angel

very pretty. nicely done : )

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Re: God Bless America!

Still single, can't imagine why.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
daedalusknight wrote:Well, we do what we can given the restrictions of each derby, but I kind of think that this shirt works even as a "giant pixel" design, not because there's any particular reason for a fox to be pixellated, but because it's the kind of design you could make a mosaic out of and have it look good as a design on a wall.

Heheh.... I wonder how cheap mosaic tiles are... I could probably make a replica mosaic fox myself. :-)

Thanks for your vote!

i have a cousin who does mosaics.. they can get pretty expensive depending on the size and quality of the materials.

narkus

invisiblecrazy wrote:My only problem is the placement...on a girly shirt, this would be more like "My boob of discontent."

he he he "my boob of discontent" !!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Dhraakellian wrote:Tatoos, face paintings, or exposed electronics?

I think I prefer the third option.

Face paint... sorry to disapoint.. ;)

illuminator

Re: The Music Matrix

very clever

illuminator

Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?

Ah! That's funny!

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
jeezpf wrote:Ok... so this is going to sound pretty stupid... but I need to ask. Is this going to be on the light blue shirt with the darker blue print? I mean... it's not going to be on the dark blue right? Just wondering

I made this little color comparison to illustrate the shirt color (royal blue) and the ink color I choose in my file (PMS 280). I hope this helps clarify/reduce concerns about the design printing well.

Thanks for looking!

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725
narkus wrote:very pretty. nicely done : )

Thanks you and I should have had it in sooner

illuminator

Re: Blue

Thanks everyone for the comments! This time I'm hoping to beat my own highest vote count which was 56, I believe.. so vote!!!

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725

illuminator

daedalusknight

toe2254 wrote:i have a cousin who does mosaics.. they can get pretty expensive depending on the size and quality of the materials.

Heh... I guess I'll have to use really tiny tiles, then. :-)

Actually, the "tiles" in the design here are, as per Woot's instructions, only 1/4 inch square, so that's not all that huge.

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc
peppersabaddog wrote:well the more you know...

HAH! That's *exactly* what I was thinking when I clicked on this to comment.

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc

goredbirds101 wrote:EXCELLENT
hey guys, does it look like the shirt in this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFaprxeBeI

cheesesandwich wrote:HA! you really did it. Thanks for the comment.

Cheese and crackers, what the daisy hill was THAT?

Anyway. The shirt looks beautiful. I'm a sucker for OCD design (I do Elizabethan blackwork embroidery for FUN), and this is gorgeous. I'd buy it, and I've voted for it.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

Thanks for the newest comments and for keeping this design in the fog! We've been traveling for the past 24 hours, so I wasn't sure what to expect when we finally had internet access again. Thanks very much to all who are voting. I really appreciate it!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Groovebot 9

This is really well done! I love the fro's. GMV

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Pixel Art Straight from the Brush

tjflashman77 wrote:I love it. I feel like for these pixelated shirts to be successful shirts (read: wearable) the idea that they are pixelated for a reason has to come into play for the viewer, as it does with this shirt. Great job... should be a popular shirt with the graphic designers around here.

Hey Flashman! Just saw this post. Thanks for the comment. I thought the paintbrushes would be a fun design given the pixel art theme. I would have preferred to have slightly smaller brushstrokes, but with the 1/4 inch square requirement it was hard to make it smaller and still create the 'drip marks' and paint residue on the brushes.

Sorry your Marilyn was rejected. You did a great job with that one. But, Woot is pretty consistent about rejecting celebrity likenesses. Still....the design was really well done. Did it take a long time to color pixel by pixel?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Scritcha Scritcha Yo

Not keen on the colors, but I dig anything that represents old audio tech, especially in a pixel derby.

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
heartluce wrote:I love the stained glass look of this and the colors. Also, got your Against the Sky today and it's gorgeous!

Thanks so much. I'm glad you're satisfied with AtS! I hope you continue to enjoy it.

2thFairy-- E's really covering for me here, apparently. I need to stop slacking off! But yes, whatever you see is...whatever you see. Art (even pixel grid style) plays on personal interpretation; it's probably what makes it so controversial and has everyone up in arms about it all the time! Personally, the more I look at this, the more I start seeing neon-colored elephant ear pastries.

To you three (four, actually), thanks for taking the time to comment! Gives me warm fuzzies abound.

storabi25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages storabi25

C'mon y'all, a vote for mullets is a vote for America!

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
AdderXYU wrote:
As for the pixels, I really don't think it's a matter of compression so much as being an issue of a designer taking a full-on photo and not converting it as accurately as he'd planned. But I'm just an angry bitter cynic, so that presumption is based only on jealousy, not the designer's succession of silhouette work speaking to a possibility of serial "sourcing" in his art.

is this guy for real?

daedalusknight

ScottKuma wrote:This would be MUCH cooler without the yellow border on it, IMHO.

I think I'm going to have to agree with that. It might still come out "boxy" without the rectangle... is there any way you can round off the edges? It'll look much better that way.

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
mrwednesday wrote:This would be a great shirt if you could have the stylized "California" on it. Still nice without it though.

No text rule

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
klswoot wrote:Thanks for the newest comments and for keeping this design in the fog! We've been traveling for the past 24 hours, so I wasn't sure what to expect when we finally had internet access again. Thanks very much to all who are voting. I really appreciate it!

It's a beautiful design and certainly GMV. Still in the fog!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Scarab

I think this is quite good.

daedalusknight

You seem to still be having trouble with coding your sig file, so I think I've come up with a solution for you.

Step 1:

click "reply" on this message here.

Step 2:

Look at the text in the reply box. Highlight ONLY the text you see below this row of stars and above the next row of stars (but don't highlight the rows of stars):

Click here to vote for "Pix Nebula"

Step 3: Copy that text by pressing CTRL+C

Step 4: Click on "your account" and paste that text into the box way at the bottom (signature) by pressing CTRL+V

Step 5: Click on "update your info."

That should get you what you want. REMEMBER: It takes a while for your signature to update, so just do it once and then wait a while for it to update. Be patient. Please let me know if you need further help.

daedalusknight

silverice86 wrote:
VOTE HERE!

test

Silver, please check your shirt's thread for detailed instructions on how to code your signature properly.

sfenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfenix

I Want one!!
it's such a cool and cute idea, excellent job.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: ThreeDee

Thanks for the votes everyone! And infiniteloop, you're my new best friend around here. You have been nothing but supportive of me this week. I am happy that your sunflowers are doing as well as they are.

Having said all that, keep voting. It's a really cool shirt, darn it

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Re: 56k glory days

Just... no.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Re: (Heather) Grey Beard

Very similar to this: http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/buccaneer-americans/

daedalusknight

Re: Blackened Heart

This is one of those designs that I'd like to see printed just to see how the image turned out. It's a very interesting play of shades and I wonder how the final product would look given the asphalt shirt.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
daedalusknight wrote:This is one of those designs that I'd like to see printed just to see how the image turned out. It's a very interesting play of shades and I wonder how the final product would look given the asphalt shirt.

Yeah I would like to see that too This one is on heather gray, or did you mean you would just like to have seen it on asphalt? I actually designed this one on a blue background, planning to put it on a royal blue shirt but I thought it looked best on heather gray after it was done. The outer layer of dots probably should be lighter or darker.

daedalusknight

shan24 wrote:Yeah I would like to see that too This one is on heather gray, or did you mean you would just like to have seen it on asphalt? I actually designed this one on a blue background, planning to put it on a royal blue shirt but I thought it looked best on heather gray after it was done. The outer layer of dots probably should be lighter or darker.

Whups, sorry, I meant heather gray. Though it might be interesting on asphalt too if you darkened it.

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
Re: Pandamonium (Resub)

Resubmitted without the yellow frame. Thanks to those who made a suggestion that I remove it.