cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
theinfinityloop wrote:I'm glad you guys like it. Thanks so much for your votes!

It really is awesome! I was impressed by it immediately and I would wear it any day. good going.

Maxatrillion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maxatrillion

Welcome Welcome! Make your self at home. Sit back, relax, and kick your feet up (but please take off your shoes first). Stay as long as you want, within reason. I hope you enjoy your stay here and come back soon!

cheesesandwich

fablefire wrote:Thanks for the support everyone! I was pretty surprised to see the jump this made when I logged on this afternoon.

...and yes, I think that this design at 8px per inch would've been awesome (and with more lines of course). =D

This is great. You really got a lot of depth in it which looks cool. Nice and simple, GMV.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Get Your Nerd On

I'm sure over 60% of the participants here at Woot wear glasses. I know I do. This is for our four-eyed friends; to take control of our image and embrace our geekitude. It's also for the other 40% who don't have glasses and wish they did. We're the silent majority no longer!

bzltyrfn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzltyrfn

cheesesandwich

lyonessnyc wrote:goredbirds101 wrote:EXCELLENT
hey guys, does it look like the shirt in this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFaprxeBeI

Cheese and crackers, what the daisy hill was THAT?

Anyway. The shirt looks beautiful. I'm a sucker for OCD design (I do Elizabethan blackwork embroidery for FUN), and this is gorgeous. I'd buy it, and I've voted for it.

it's nice to know other people suffer from my same afflictions! thanks for the vote.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
illuminator wrote:Looks like something the Blueman Group would do... ;)

What a coincidence. They called me and asked me to audition for them recently. I should bring them my shirt, try to make a little scratch that way ;)

superpope89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superpope89

What for?

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict
fablefire wrote:There is no bassoon.

My daughter plays the bassoon so I have to ask - what does this saying mean and/or refer to?

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt
SkekTek wrote:Not keen on the colors, but I dig anything that represents old audio tech, especially in a pixel derby.

Yeah, personally I think it would look a lot better if it were just drawn with a sweet background pattern around it in black and white. I'm really strong on stark color and nobody likes white. I really appreciate the comment. Something for me to think about next derby.

jstump1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstump1
Re: Magnetic Pixel Particles

cool shirt!! the colors are working great!!

jwilke77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwilke77
Re: Square Woot!

C'mon! Woot isn't text...it's a lifestyle...ha. I don't expect Woot to let this go, but I couldn't pass up the idea.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
dlcramer99 wrote:Resubmitted without the yellow frame. Thanks to those who made a suggestion that I remove it.

Much nicer without the frame.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
superpope89 wrote:What for?

No text is one of the rules this derby.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Briany wrote:Lines? My dear sir, there are no lines in this piece of work, only the illusion of lines. It has to look like a mosaic or it wouldn't be an ode to a Grecian Octopus . . . It'd be an ode to an Atari Octopus . . . or something.

It may still get rejected for the "illusion of lines." The squares were suppose to be continuous pixels and no lines or spaces between squares.

Addressed: Lines and Spaces

daedalusknight

Re: Leafy Design

This is interesting, but it doesn't quite read as "leafy" in color. If you shifted the colors so that they were all shades of green it might look more like leaves. Good luck to you.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
jwilke77 wrote:C'mon! Woot isn't text...it's a lifestyle...ha. I don't expect Woot to let this go, but I couldn't pass up the idea.

you know it will be rejected as soon as they see it...

Not for the text, but they do not allow woot related shirts.....

~D

DrSpoq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrSpoq

Why are people voting on this? No offense but I hate this design.

daedalusknight

DrSpoq wrote:Why are people voting on this? No offense but I hate this design.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope, though, that you don't mind other people voting for a shirt that they like, even if it's not to your personal taste.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
illuminator wrote:wow

I know! Talk about a shirt that kicks a55 and takes names. I have to have this! C'mon people, let's get this into the hotness immediately!

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
fleamarketadict wrote:My daughter plays the bassoon so I have to ask - what does this saying mean and/or refer to?

Good for her! Bassoons are cool though I don't know many people who play them.

In The Matrix there was a scene that coined the phrase "There is no spoon". Bassoon kinda rhymes with spoon, and since it's a music related play on The Matrix I just went with it.

@ cheese - Thanks! I was surprised at how well it worked with just two colors.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: low-rez fork?

A riddle; What does this shirt have in common with bacon?

A: It'spork

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
daedalusknight wrote:Much nicer without the frame.

Thank you.

keithcw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithcw
Re: Ghosts

That's awesome! I loved that shirt when I bought it from threadless.

Vote for me!

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
itsbeth wrote:Very similar to this: http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/buccaneer-americans/

I asked you not to click on it, jeez.

Anyway thanks for letting me know someone had already done this. Of course, I can't remove it now, but I hope the admins remove it (although I really don't see the similarity, his (hers?) is much better).

Xijar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xijar
fablefire wrote:Good for her! Bassoons are cool though I don't know many people who play them.

In The Matrix there was a scene that coined the phrase "There is no spoon". Bassoon kinda rhymes with spoon, and since it's a music related play on The Matrix I just went with it.

@ cheese - Thanks! I was surprised at how well it worked with just two colors.

You really gotta go out and pimp this design more so it can get in the fog. It's literally the only shirt in the competition I would consider buying.

Woots wooted: 5 - Shirts wooted: 17 + 6 Randoms

ehntoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehntoo
Re: uncle walt

My senior english teacher would be awestruck.

Very well done.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Screamy Night (resubbed to fix lines)

"Rejected because: Copyright"

I love the rejector. We need to get some beers and laugh about the old days.

prjensam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prjensam
Re: blue angel

I like the design of your angel! Good Work

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Sunset 3.0

Okay, forget anything to do with starry night - here's a new one that's not based on anything, no photo used as a guide, just a bunch of boxes filled with color. Hope you like it!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

daedalusknight

Re: A Leaf On The Wind

Heheh... is this a reference to that certain television show that gets filtered as "Roseanne" when you type it into Woot? :-)

fablefire

Re: Screamy Night (resubbed to fix lines)

Where was the rejector during the graffiti derby?

fablefire

Xijar wrote:You really gotta go out and pimp this design more so it can get in the fog. It's literally the only shirt in the competition I would consider buying.

I'll see what I can do about that.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: My Shirt of Discontent

this is a great shirt and, honestly, one of the few gems of this derby. this certainly deserves (at the very least) a Best Loser or an Honorable Mention.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Sunset 3.0

i really really like this one and personally, i think it blows your starry night entries away. the colors blend very nicely, and they give it a really bold look. gmv, and i wish others would g their v's too...

daedalusknight

fablefire wrote:I'll see what I can do about that.

I don't think it needs any pimping. It seems to have trampled right over my poor fox on its way up to the fog. :-)

fablefire

daedalusknight wrote:I don't think it needs any pimping. It seems to have trampled right over my poor fox on its way up to the fog. :-)

I dunno. Your fox keeps nipping at its heels. XD

daedalusknight

fablefire wrote:I dunno. Your fox keeps nipping at its heels. XD

Heh. Well I won't give up hope. It's early in the derby still, so there's no telling who will be in the final three when the dust all settles. :-)

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: My Shirt of Discontent

love it! i would wear this daily!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you