ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
Re: My Giant Award Winning 8 Bit Weiner

I thought a low central placement would be a little too... whats the word... apparent or obscene?

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
ChrisRisse wrote:There really isn't any other place to put it to get the effect I am going for.

I hear tree ants can have attitudes anyways, so this shirt would be perfect for displaying its apparent boob discontent.

Hahahaha... the word boob is not filtered in the singular, but in the plural it comes out as tree ants. :-)

ChrisRisse

tjflashman77 wrote:So your wife has mad skills, too. Oh man, your kids are gonna be the new-generation Davincis.
I love this design. But Mrs. Risse... you should really link both images in your signature to your design. I clicked the big part that says "vote" and, of course, nothing happened. I'll buy 2 of these so my daughter and I can sport matching threads. All the stuffed animals at our house cuss way too much. This will be their fair warning to cease and desist, or face the bitter consequences.
Chris should've been printed already, imo. More than once. But I digress... Alright... best of luck to the both of you.

Keri is a very funny gal and when she has the chance to show humor visually you get something like you see here. Keri and I have already determined our son will be comedic genius, but we never though about artistic comedic genius.

Good luck with your kids, our isn't talking yet, but I am sure he will pick up something nasty eventually. I'll try hard not to laugh hysterically while I think of an appropriate punishment.

Oh yeah, and thanks for noticing my designs and the boost in confidence!

ChrisRisse

Re: Fox Blocks

I'm glad there are still a couple days left in this derby for this to get into the fog.

ChrisRisse

Re: blue angel

Every week I am amazed with what is in the fog and what isn't. I honestly feel this should be fogged, no problem. But what do I know, I can't get my own designs to stay in the fog. Nice design, deserves better.

ChrisRisse

Re: Wall Pixels

clean, simple, and pleasing to the eye... a quality missing from a lot of pixel designs, even fogged. I think this accomplishes the removal of the harsh edges produced by pixels by getting the viewer's eyes to ignore them. Great job.

daedalusknight

ChrisRisse wrote:I'm glad there are still a couple days left in this derby for this to get into the fog.

Thanks very much. This one has be crawling up the charts since the first submission... slow and steady, just like a turtle. :-)

Of course, foxes are known to be clever. Perhaps this slow crawl is a sly plan for the fox to stealthily sneak its way into printing without anyone being the wiser for it. :-)

At any rate, I do very much hope this winds up getting printed... thanks to everyone who has been helping it get there. There's still enough time for it to make it to the fog, and it's really REALLY close to getting there. :-)

Airchambz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Airchambz
Re: Distortion

For meh this is one of the best contenders in this derby, hope it does better in the coming day, the background of notes complements the whole design welll. Nice work, gotta love the Les Paul.

Rock the vote

ChrisRisse

Re: Sleepy Time

I expected this design to do much better than it has. Crazy woot voters and their blind clicking!

ChrisRisse

Re: Sunflowers

Nicely done, but I do agree with moving the placement lower.

My manliness would would lose a few thousand HP if I wore this.

Airchambz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Airchambz
Re: Sakura

Great design, the panel look makes the design for meh, just couldn't wear it on blue, maybe a cranberry

ChrisRisse

daedalusknight wrote:Thanks very much. This one has be crawling up the charts since the first submission... slow and steady, just like a turtle. :-)

Of course, foxes are known to be clever. Perhaps this slow crawl is a sly plan for the fox to stealthily sneak its way into printing without anyone being the wiser for it. :-)

At any rate, I do very much hope this winds up getting printed... thanks to everyone who has been helping it get there. There's still enough time for it to make it to the fog, and it's really REALLY close to getting there. :-)

I have learned that designs do need endurance in the derby, glad to see this has it.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
ChrisRisse wrote:clean, simple, and pleasing to the eye... a quality missing from a lot of pixel designs, even fogged. I think this accomplishes the removal of the harsh edges produced by pixels by getting the viewer's eyes to ignore them. Great job.

Wow, thanks a lot. I appreciate your comment and I really like what you have been doing in these derbies.

ChrisRisse

I was pretty excited about this one until the music was added in the background. I am not usually so critical about designs, but the guitar alone was beautiful and didn't need too much in the background to support it.

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510
Re: uncle walt

Above and beyond. Wish I could do more than just give it my vote.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
ChrisRisse wrote:I eventually deleted my bookmark to shirtderbystats for that very reason.

*giggles*! Haven't done that yet! Too much fun information in one easy step.

ChrisRisse

Re: Made of Fire

This design made me look at mine and ask myself, "Do I really know what I'm doing?" Sorry for the lack of votes on this, should have a lot more.

daedalusknight

I really like seeing how this one evolved. It's much better with the notes in the background. :-)

ChrisRisse

Re: Big Wheel

I loved peeling out on mine, to the point I wore holes in the big wheel. It wasn't too long after that my knees started hitting the handle bars and I moved on to the bike.

daedalusknight

ChrisRisse wrote:I have learned that designs do need endurance in the derby, glad to see this has it.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've had designs up in the fog early on that didn't manage to stay there all week. Or that made it to the fog but took fourth place when all was said and done. Hopefully this one can make it to at least third place and stay there. :-)

ChrisRisse

Re: ThreeDee

I really enjoy the 3D effect the reflected glasses produce, so much I wish there were more.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
tjflashman77 wrote:According to the woot template, based on their maximum screen printing size of 16"x20", it would print more like this:

It does seem to lose some of its appeal when shown within the more correct printing guides.

If placed to the side where it currently is, at the correct size, I think this is going to be a weird placement on women (or at least this woman). It is going to fall right below the chest or right on top of... yeah.

ChrisRisse

klswoot wrote:*giggles*! Haven't done that yet! Too much fun information in one easy step.

I forgot to add that the bookmark was back within 5 minutes.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
ChrisRisse wrote:My manliness would would lose a few thousand HP if I wore this.

Yeah I have a hard time designing manly shirts.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Wonderbunny wrote:If placed to the side where it currently is, at the correct size, I think this is going to be a weird placement on women (or at least this woman). It is going to fall right below the chest or right on top of... yeah.

While I believe tjf's resize image is a good approximation of actual printed size, the placement is lower than it has to be, so no need to worry about that. I think the size itself would be the biggest concern, especially considering that the same size print goes on different shirt sizes. They only use two different design sizes for all the shirt sizes.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
ChrisRisse wrote:I forgot to add that the bookmark was back within 5 minutes.

EXACTLY!!!!

ChrisRisse

theinfinityloop wrote:Yeah I have a hard time designing manly shirts.

I can't perceive girly designs, not well anyways. If I do, they are pretty butch.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Before there were pixels...

Aaah, the memories! :D After that one I got the Animator version for Xmas one year!

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
eHalcyon wrote:While I believe tjf's resize image is a good approximation of actual printed size, the placement is lower than it has to be, so no need to worry about that. I think the size itself would be the biggest concern, especially considering that the same size print goes on different shirt sizes. They only use two different design sizes for all the shirt sizes.

So they print say one size on S/M and the other size on L+ shirts? How much higher on the shirt is it going to appear then? I've been trying to visualize this as an actual shirt with the correct placement so all the info is a great help! Thanks!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Simple Colors

Nice! It's like a rainbow snowflake!

ChrisRisse

Re: Before there were pixels...

It might be inappropriate, but this shirt screams titty twister.

Irensesvox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irensesvox
Re: The Music Matrix

awesome. hope this wins

daedalusknight

ChrisRisse wrote:It might be inappropriate, but this shirt screams titty twister.

Uhm... I don't think nipples are quite that low...

Not usually, anyway.

ChrisRisse

daedalusknight wrote:Uhm... I don't think nipples are quite that low...

Not usually, anyway.

I did think of that, really I did.

Poopelyse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poopelyse
Re: Fox Blocks

The story behind this was great. I really like the fox! I'm hoping this can be my first woot ever! Good job! I'm sorry I can't vote yet but if I could, I would vote for this guy.

ChrisRisse

karisse wrote:The birds are on their backs, dead... those arrows are their little birdy feets in the air.

When can I get a shirt with your pretty face printed on it?

daedalusknight

Poopelyse wrote:The story behind this was great. I really like the fox! I'm hoping this can be my first woot ever! Good job! I'm sorry I can't vote yet but if I could, I would vote for this guy.

Thanks very much for the compliment. I hope you get your shirt. :-)

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
ruthsdad wrote:Me too. I'd suggest this as another visual cliche that should be banned.

Have you seen computer that spits out binary programming in vertical columns? I haven't. They never said "no movie/literary references".

If I named it "musical notation waterfall" would it be better?

Edit: I wonder if it's vertical in asian software... that'd be weird.

Either way, the intention was that instead of seeing the world in 1 and 0, you'd see it in musical notation (as I'm sure some composers do).

I mean, if you want to reject a reference of a reference, why not reject all pixelated hearts because they're used extensively in games?

Oh well. Back to techno makin.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ChrisRisse wrote:I'm getting the feeling woot is the wrong place for retro designs... 80's designs.

woot is the wrong place for most designs.

Do something sucky. Get a thousand dollars. It has worked for sundbe10 and kdeuce

ChrisRisse

AdderXYU wrote:woot is the wrong place for most designs.

Do something sucky. Get a thousand dollars. It has worked for sundbe10 and kdeuce

oh, but me doing anything less than totally awesome as far as design goes would be a discredit to myself and my 5 adoring fans!

Disclaimer: I consider anyone not related to me who does enjoy my work a fan.