aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: THE LION IN SUMMER (resub)

Hey, I'm dead in the water here. Take another look at this to see if you might like to vote for it, please. Thank you.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
ChrisRisse wrote:clean, simple, and pleasing to the eye... a quality missing from a lot of pixel designs, even fogged. I think this accomplishes the removal of the harsh edges produced by pixels by getting the viewer's eyes to ignore them. Great job.

Agree 100%. I already commented, but this is definitely one of my favorite Cheesesandwich designs, and my personal favorite of the derby. PLEASE VOTE!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll

Very nice... hope this can get all the way up!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll

I voted. Congratulations on submitting your first design. Very nice use of the pixel requirement to create a colorful and clean design.

Hope people click to see the whole image because the thumbnail doesn't really show much of the detail. (But, it's sometimes hard to know how much to show in the thumbnail.) Good thing you posted the whole design in the regular derby thread.

Good luck!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Bing! Cherries

Cute shirt Jaden! What I really love....the text in the promo and the comp. Reminds me of Disney. Did you do the text yourself or is it 'canned'. Either way....adorable text!

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
JadenKale wrote:L O L Thanks... it wasn't the original plan but if it works, it works

HA! The implied affiliation with "the more you know" alone is enough to make me vote for this. Nice movement also.

cheesesandwich

Re: mmmm...turkey leg!

YES! Pixelated food is awesome. Good work. I voted.

cheesesandwich

eatingbrains wrote:I saw the earlier version in the thread. I like this version with the coins falling out better. It is very nice.

agreed! this is rad. I wish coins really would come out of my stomach. I mean, in a perfect world. At any rate, GMV.

cheesesandwich

Re: Rainy Day

My husband pointed this one out to me and I love it. I voted. keep it up.

cheesesandwich

TAYLORT5 wrote:man great for fall You GMFV!

agreed. this is really great. well done RG. total gmv.

fablefire

quality posts: 17 Private Messages fablefire
Mitamasan wrote:I play bassoon too, hurray! :D

Bassoons are awesome, and contrabassoons are even goofier!

:O

YES! Those rock too. I had never heard a contrabassoon by itself until I picked up a set of samples with a contra in it. Very cool sound.

cheesesandwich

silverice86 wrote:i am new to woot, and i was wondering where you get your tshirt model... how it looks like someone is actually in the shirt?

VOTE HERE!

I can't seem to find the thread, but Cho had posted a template with real t-shirts. Anyone know where silverice86 can find that?

All I did for mine was get a picture of someone in a blank tee and made a clipping path around the shirt in photoshop. nothing special really.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
cheesesandwich wrote:I can't seem to find the thread, but Cho had posted a template with real t-shirts. Anyone know where silverice86 can find that?

All I did for mine was get a picture of someone in a blank tee and made a clipping path around the shirt in photoshop. nothing special really.

Wrinkly shirts.

Keep in mind that the file is 604x643 and thus should be resized to 600x600 - otherwise your uploaded image will have artifacts and such.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
Wonderbunny wrote:This shirt made me laugh and would be perfect for people I know..except, I can't do the asphalt color. Won't buy it for myself or anyone else. Did you try it on other colors like black or navy?

I think this would look just as good on either navy or black but went with asphalt because, even though not everyone's fav, it is the color I like the most. Don't have any intention of alterations for this derby but who knows....with a future derby and some modifications, maybe this will resurface (-: Thanks for the suggestion and comment!

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
eHalcyon wrote:If you are saying what I think you're saying, then you are misrepresenting how your design will look printed to the voters. The shirt comp is important as it demonstrates to people what it should look like when printed. Showing it half-size in the comp and saying the full design is different doesn't comply with rules. It's like putting gradients in the design in your shirt comp and then arguing that you didn't violate any rules because the print ready doesn't have gradients.

Then you must not be "thinking" im saying what i really am.
Because thats definitely not true. if i was showing it in purple in my design then sending it to woot as green, yes, thats mis-representing my design.

What im saying is that the print ready file is 16"x20" the shirt comp is 600pixels x 600 pixels. Obviously woot is going to get the FULL SIZE (100% zoom, lets say) in the print ready file. Why am i being told im "misrepresenting" my design by putting in the full image, at a smaller size, in the shirt comp so that everyone can see the detail: like almost EVERYONE else does. Its impossible to put the full size 16"x20" image into a 600x600 pixel space, at full size, is it not? So yes, it was resized to fit in the shirt comp. if "[ ] = 1/4" by 1/4" at full print size" was not clear enough to mean WHEN PRINTED, THIS WILL BE AT THE FULL 1/4 INCH" then it is my mistake and I apologize. I admit was in a rush to get it resubmitted to see if i could get my votes back. its not like ill ever have enough votes anyway to beat anyone. So nitpick about my imperfections all you want. If you dont like it, dont vote for it, easy as that. Just like always. I did NOT break any rules.

eHalcyon

Deliverance2005 wrote:Then you must not be "thinking" im saying what i really am.
Because thats definitely not true. if i was showing it in purple in my design then sending it to woot as green, yes, thats mis-representing my design.

What im saying is that the print ready file is 16"x20" the shirt comp is 600pixels x 600 pixels. Obviously woot is going to get the FULL SIZE in the print ready file. Why am i being told im "misrepresenting" my design by putting in the full image, at a smaller size, in the shirt comp so that everyone can see the detail: like almst EVERYONE else does. Its impossible to put the full size 16"x20" image into a 600x600 pixel space, is it not? so it was resized to fit in the shirt comp. if "[ ] = 1/4" by 1/4" at full print size" was not clear enough to mean WHEN PRINTED, THIS WILL BE AT THE FULL 1/4 INCH" then it is my mistake and i apologize. I admit was in a rush to get it resubmitted to see if i could get my votes back. its not like ill ever have enough votes anyway to beat anyone. So nitpick about my imperfections all you want. I did NOT break any rules.

I think you're misunderstanding what the problem is. I apologize for not being more clear earlier.

What we are talking about is that you have sized it too small relative to the shirt in the shirt comp. Your design appears to take the full 64 pixels across. Accordingly, it should take the full width of the printable area in the design. Therefore, your shirt comp should look more like this:

Yours has been sized much smaller and is thus misrepresentative of the actual printed shirt. From what you've said here, I believe this was an unintentional mistake.

Edit: I also apologize if it sounds like I'm just nitpicking to be mean. The only reason I comment is to help designers learn. For the same reason, I appreciate all the comments I receive on my own submissions, both positive and negative.

ClayMeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClayMeow
cheesesandwich wrote:agreed. this is really great. well done RG. total gmv.

I think the image is top notch, but you've made it too big, IMO. If it was half the size and off-centered it'd be much better.

And I agree with the previous poster that a lower mandible would make it more realistic.

ClayMeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClayMeow
goodedesign wrote:it should be black on black... it would be like having a real dead pixel on a screen.

Actually, dead pixels come in various flavors, and a dead pixel against black WILL show up white, so the creator captured it correctly...and awesomely!

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
daedalusknight wrote:Oh, sure, there was the occasional IBM-compatible monochrome DOS system that your friend's rich cousin had, but you rarely got to see it and it wasn't all that exciting anyway.

What?! None of your friends rich cousins had an Apple??? llo... I created my first computer graphics and programs on an Apple II - guess I'm the only one around here who remembers Apple "sauce" basic, tho :-(
Love this shirt, think it would print beautifully, unlike some above it... wish I could vote again!

Xijar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xijar
ClayMeow wrote:Actually, dead pixels come in various flavors, and a dead pixel against black WILL show up white, so the creator captured it correctly...and awesomely!

Dead pixels are black, stuck pixels are white/red/blue/green/etc.

Woots wooted: 5 - Shirts wooted: 17 + 6 Randoms

Xijar

Not that it matters at this point, but I really like the design and gave it my vote.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
boni wrote:What?! None of your friends rich cousins had an Apple??? llo... I created my first computer graphics and programs on an Apple II - guess I'm the only one around here who remembers Apple "sauce" basic, tho :-(
Love this shirt, think it would print beautifully, unlike some above it... wish I could vote again!

Heheh... Apples... I didn't get to see one of those until late in high school, when nearly the entire school writing lab was filled with them. They were very fun to play around with. :-)

Thanks for your vote and for the compliment as well. :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

Xijar

Re: Sunset 3.0

I'm loving how fast this shirt is catching up. I only hope it can keep the momentum enough to knock out one of those 3 (non-music-matrix) shirts in the fog that are actually kinda ugly (no offense).

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd
Re: City Grid

More people need to vote on this one. it is a great color and a great design. it is a nice change.

evildead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evildead
Re: blue angel

This design reminds me of something you would see in the background in one of the older Castlevania games.
I'm going to have to go replay Symphony of the Night now .

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Noir in Blue - (Resub color and position update)

this is awesome!
I might prefer it on navy instead of black, but that's just nitpicking. This design freaking rocks.

best of luck!

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
eHalcyon wrote:I think you're misunderstanding what the problem is. I apologize for not being more clear earlier.

What we are talking about is that you have sized it too small relative to the shirt in the shirt comp. Your design appears to take the full 64 pixels across. Accordingly, it should take the full width of the printable area in the design. Therefore, your shirt comp should look more like this:

Yours has been sized much smaller and is thus misrepresentative of the actual printed shirt. From what you've said here, I believe this was an unintentional mistake.

Edit: I also apologize if it sounds like I'm just nitpicking to be mean. The only reason I comment is to help designers learn. For the same reason, I appreciate all the comments I receive on my own submissions, both positive and negative.

OOOK I see what your saying now. It is actually 54 across and yes, it was a completely unintentional mistake. *sigh* I did it on a different computer though so it's going to have to be fixed tomorrow.

And no need to apologize eHalcyon. I apologize myself...it didnt sound like you were just nitpicking to be mean: I just tend to get very defensive about my designs (bad habit, and I am working on it). I have actually had a few rejected in error because of certain people saying there was something wrong, then it getting rejected- when there was absolutely nothing wrong with it (after speaking with un-named higher ups) and I had to resub and, of course- never got my lost votes back (only happened on my designs that were, for once, doing better than usual, by the way).

So I do apologize for being a bit jumpy-- I do see my fault, and I appreciate the clarification and for pointing that out. Will fix that tomorrow, and resub (again, llo) with a better shirt comp. No chance of getting enough votes, but better to have 5 votes and still be in the running than to have 10 and be rejected for a faulty picture

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Excellent design!

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

Noticed some wierd JPG artifacts in the comp, so the correct image (in GIF) is above. Like everyone knows, you don't compress big blocks of color in JPG! Duh!

AppleGeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AppleGeek
hotchocolate729 wrote:It kinda reminds me of the Mc Donalds arches tho....

Exactly what I thought.

purplecrocus83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplecrocus83
ChrisRisse wrote:I expected this design to do much better than it has. Crazy woot voters and their blind clicking!

I agree with you. I cant see myself wearing ANY of the shirts that are in fog right now and this shirt I would totally wear(even if I just wear it to bed, its a cute bed tee). What is wrong with the woot voters.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
ansharp wrote:I play the bassoon. So much sadness.

Are you kidding? Bassoon has some of the coolest parts. Mozart loved bassoon. Some of the best pieces have awesome bassoon riffs; and of course, they often double with the cellos, which are quite awesome as well. ((heh, I'm a cellist))

eHalcyon

etripoli wrote:Noticed some wierd JPG artifacts in the comp, so the correct image (in GIF) is above. Like everyone knows, you don't compress big blocks of color in JPG! Duh!

For future reference, make sure to submit your designs as jpgs. I agree that gif would be much more appropriate considering the six-colour limit and the lack of anti-aliasing (at least this week), but woot automatically converts all submissions to jpg. For best results, submit your comp and detail images:

- at 600x600 px and 240x240 px respectively
- without compression/at highest quality
- as a jpg

If you do all that, you should be artifact-free.

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
Re: One and the Same

Wow. This is already doing better than mine did.

stauffr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stauffr
Re: Rock Music

Hey, Mikey!

Thank you!

mikethecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikethecoder
Re: City Grid

how the hell is this shirt NOT in the top 3!?!

mikethecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikethecoder
Re: The Music Matrix

how is this shirt in the lead??

herschelaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herschelaz
AdderXYU wrote:Failentry is faaaaail

L2lurk moar

herschelaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herschelaz
AdderXYU wrote:Failentry is faaaaail

L2lurk moar