alitaorg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alitaorg

I love it!

It's too bad this was entered so late, but I'm interested to see how many votes it gets in 24 hours. ;)

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Shanchan wrote:i really really like this shirt. It even takes advantage of this (in my opinion) really difficult theme instead of just using it because it has to. good job.

Awesome, thanks!

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
daedalusknight wrote:Heheh... Apples... I didn't get to see one of those until late in high school, when nearly the entire school writing lab was filled with them. They were very fun to play around with. :-)

Thanks for your vote and for the compliment as well. :-)

I really like what you did here. Design and placement feel just right. Good work!

ImCowman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ImCowman

Definitely unfair to colorblind people....like me. :P

But hey, its a fantastic idea. Props, my friend

silverice86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverice86
fvisentini wrote:Awesome idea and looks great using the pixel approach, it's a shame this is not getting as many votes as it deserves. Maybe if it had been posted sooner. Keep up the good work, Silverice86!! GMV for sure! I would love to wear it. (Bring back the idea in another derby maybe)

thanks so much,,, yeah i posted it one day too late. I'm really bummed about it but whacha gonna do right? i'm glad you liked it

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
SailorButterfly wrote:Aww...this needs to get back into the fog.

Aww indeed. :<

imagineart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagineart

yum.

kacey3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacey3
Pensketch wrote:Thanks for the hope, although unless something crazy happens it's not going to be.

Yes, I think you're right. I am saddened by this fact. My bank account, however, cheers (this would have been the third shirt in a month).

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
tjflashman77 wrote:This shirt is called "I am Taller Than Most Things", two of those things in particular being the print screens that woot uses to make these shirts. The two sizes woot uses are 12"x15" and 16"x20". The 12x15 is used for the Women's Small to Men's Small, and the 16x20 is used for the Men's Medium to Men's 3X. From what I understand from woot shirt designers in the know is that the shirt template is supposed to be representative of a Men's Medium and the print on it can be shown covering, at most, 16x20 square inches, the maximum screen print size. When I put together the photoshopped comp-image I was concerned only with showing the size, and not the placement. The shirt composition image is submitted so that the designer can indicate the placement and size the way they envision it. I made a visual confirmation to support the idea that the print was shown too large. As far as actual placement on the shirt and how to visualize it... who knows? That would ultimately be up to woot were this shirt to be printed, and they would have to choose whether to place it lower, higher, or more vertically centered. I do think that more shirts have been rejected for less concerning the placement of the design within the given template, but woot has never shown itself to be very consistent in terms of rejections. (It's an all together touchy subject, ask around... on second thought, maybe it's best not to.)

I find it curious how seriously you think this particular piece is violating one of the most subjective rules when your piece violated one of the least subjective rules.

Out of print area is pretty consistently rejected, IMO. A seemingly exaggerated size on a shirt is almost never (if ever) rejected. This is due to the fact that the artist is typically guessing how it will show on a given size shirt, and noone is completely clear how much of the shirt it should cover.

The "Out of Print Boundaries" rejections come from when a shirt is obviously designed to wrap around collar, is shown blatantly over a seam, or covers the entire shirt. In fact, there are times that even these violations haven't been rejected, when woot deems that the overall effect of the shirt will not be changed by the misrepresentation. For example, while this shirt was rejected for a comp violation, it was not even mentioned that it shouldn't be over the seam. This shirt, as well, stretched almost from top to bottom, wrapped around the collar, but was judged to not be rejectable. This was because the decision makers did not feel it would greatly hurt the overall impression of the printed shirt.

So, I respectfully disagree with your assertion that "more shirts have been rejected for less concerning the placement of the design within the given template" or that woot has been particularly inconsistent in this area.

pohyde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pohyde
Re: hardcore

i was going to do a tree but someone beat me to it. this turned out better anyways.

feedback appreciated...

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
cheesesandwich wrote:I really like what you did here. Design and placement feel just right. Good work!

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like it. :-)

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Nice work. I wish the squares could be smaller to allow for a smaller image with the same amount of detail, but it looks great!

spoonmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spoonmaster

at its core, its a good shirt...

BAM!

pohyde

abstractmonkey wrote:Nice work. I wish the squares could be smaller to allow for a smaller image with the same amount of detail, but it looks great!

thanks. i wish it could've been smaller too but i do like how the shape of the core looks like the silhouette of a waist.

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli
choach14 wrote:Sure as hell makes me want to do the robot. Pure awesomeness in cotton!

That's what I was going for, thanks! That, and the irony of a robot doing the robot!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Sunset 3.0

Hey riff, I am not a fan of this derby, but I really like this shirt design and was looking for a red shirt. WTG! Nice design. If it wins, I'll be buying...

pohyde

Re: hardcore

close-up shows one extra pixel on the upper left. the shirt comp is the correct submission. do you think i should resub?

pohyde

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll

sweet! i love that song.

silverice86

cheesesandwich wrote:I can't seem to find the thread, but Cho had posted a template with real t-shirts. Anyone know where silverice86 can find that?

All I did for mine was get a picture of someone in a blank tee and made a clipping path around the shirt in photoshop. nothing special really.

hey thanks a lot for your help!

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

eHalcyon wrote:Wrinkly shirts.

Keep in mind that the file is 604x643 and thus should be resized to 600x600 - otherwise your uploaded image will have artifacts and such.

thanks for that link

VOTE HERE!

pohyde

Re: hardcore-resub

had to resubmit it... one of the pixels was off and it was DRIVING ME CRAZY!

silverice86

Re: Wave

sweet!

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: blue angel

scary and beautiful at the same time

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: hardcore-resub

this is really cool, i like that green color against the gray,,, i would like it more if it were a little smaller. Nice work though

VOTE HERE!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Aeglos wrote:Man, I _really_ like this design. It's the only one in this derby I'd buy. But, barring a miraculous late rally, I guess I won't have the chance. Alas.

I guess God's telling me I have enough T-shirts

llo! Yup... I get the same message all the time. :D

silverice86

Re: Kittybean

watch out bean! *giggles*

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: DumBee

llo, it looks like this bee has had a little to much to drink. made me laugh

silverice86

llo, it looks like this bee has had a little to much to drink. made me laugh

VOTE HERE!

pohyde

silverice86 wrote:this is really cool, i like that green color against the gray,,, i would like it more if it were a little smaller. Nice work though

VOTE HERE!

thanks! wish i could make it smaller but if i did i would lose a lot of the detail. catch-22.

silverice86

Re: Sunflowers

i love the yellow shirt, so few people use it

VOTE HERE!

pohyde

Re: Blue Hands

cool.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
silverice86 wrote:thanks so much,,, yeah i posted it one day too late. I'm really bummed about it but whacha gonna do right? i'm glad you liked it

Here:

1. Now click "Reply". 2. Copy everything above in brackets, including the brackets. 3. Go to the "Your Account" tab at the top of this web page. 4. Paste the copied link into the empty space at the bottom of the page where it allows you to enter your "Signature". 5. Click on "Update My Account Info" at the top of the page. 6. Wait a few minutes and refresh the page.

That's it. Your linked image will now appear in your signature everywhere in the forums that you've left a comment.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

Nicely done. I wouldn't personally wear it, but I would compliment anyone who did!

mjl9320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjl9320
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

This looks like something I might have drawn when I was 3.
Have a nice day!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

It looks like the Death Bee from Invader Zim

jmagnini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmagnini

It kinda reminds me of my cat, except with less attacking of my toes.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

Wahh, this one is submitted so late, but I like it a lot. =( I agree that this would be much better if it was smaller on the shirt, but alas the low pixel resolution ruins that a bit.

Bueno job anyways. =)

hectorkorte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hectorkorte
Re: Thermal View of Love

I like this a lot, I'd like it even more if the graphic was placed over the heart instead of centered!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

mjl9320 wrote:This looks like something I might have drawn when I was 3.
Have a nice day!

Ouch..that one had a nice *zing* to it.

Impressive talent!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
hectorkorte wrote:I like this a lot, I'd like it even more if the graphic was placed over the heart instead of centered!

It looks pretty good to me. The heart is really very close to centered in the chest: