wolfsilvermoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfsilvermoon
darkstarfire wrote:Yeah dude, sorry. They should put an easier to find rule list than this one.
http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963
Maye you'll slip through.

Meh, no big deal. Thanks for letting me know though, that'll really help in the future

srglancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srglancey
Re: Prehistoric Emergency

StealthyCow wrote:voted. but perhaps you should've saved it higher quality than like MS paint jpgs >_>

I could post a link to a higher quality image, but there are limits to the resolution of composition and detail images when you submit the designs. The actual print quality is much better than the detail and comp pics.

nemeronc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemeronc

just absolutely love it! Hope it wins the derby.
I'll be in for one, for sure.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: St Bernard Action Dynamo (resub)

great illustration, love the siren helmet, gmv

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
endangeredomega wrote:I think the details on this are really interesting. It's got a vote from me.

Thank you.

I didn't really like this week's topic, so I just did my own take on it.

lucky1988

Re: Emergency Umbrella

clever idea and concept, nice colors too. gmv

lucky1988

Re: Olive Knew there'd be Days Like This ...

Ha, love their expressions. Cute design. gmv!

ybarheat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ybarheat

The meteors are coming, the meteors are coming! Love it, GMV.

lucky1988

Re: Halp!! Out on a limb ....

very cool, I like the texture/patterns of the tree.

nemeronc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemeronc
hotchocolate729 wrote:I agree that it would be better without the degrees... Even if you don't change it, you still GMV!

I disagree. I feel that the degrees further emphasize how awful Tuesday's forecast is.

lucky1988

Re: The Downpour

great idea, his expression is priceless, gmv.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: I don't have much left, Martha.....I love you..

I laughed so hard when I saw this. I <3 it.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: NEED SNOW NOW!

I really like the style of the polar bear! I'm excited to see more ideas in the future.

prpettet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prpettet
cheer4vols wrote:agreed

check out my resub on royal blue... thanks for the suggestions!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
klswoot wrote:Toe! I'd love to say I love this shirt...but it makes me sad. My cat got hit by a car last night...and...unfortunately the car won. She was a little hunter..just like in your design. So, you'll get my vote in her honor.

Tough week.

Aw, KLS...I'm so sorry to hear that.

I like this design, toe. It's gmv.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

invisiblecrazy: Dead in lemon? =( Theoretically I could do another shirt color, since I do have another ink color open to use for the cat's fur. I'll mess around with that.

EasyE: Hahah, "less than optimal" is such a euphemism. =p The laser is fat because I was kind of going for the Cyclops laser look, and it kind of splashes to show that it hasn't quite made it to the cat's face yet. I don't really know how to communicate at least the motion aspect without the laser looking strange, hanging in the air... Suggestions? =O

Thanks for the input~~

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Whale and Petunias

As of this moment, you are at 42 votes. How appropriate

Solsburyhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solsburyhill
Re: The Downpour

Hilarious. The umbrella makes it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Famine Famine Hippos

@bsg75 - Thanks. I wish my drawing ability was good enough to get what's in my head onto paper (or rather, computer screen). I would have liked to put the hippos in the face-off arrangement as per the actual game board, but the limited canvas size means that I would have had to make the hippos much smaller overall. As for the different colours, it could be done, but that would mean no shading and the eye socket colour would have to be changed. Regarding the bones - this is how I remember seeing cartoon skeletons in the desert being depicted on TV. I tried searching for reference photos/screen captures but found nothing suitable. I figured that the spine would have fallen down or something, and been buried in the sand (or plastic). If anybody has a better idea of what the bones should look like, I would really appreciate that because it would help me learn for future designs!

@illushin - Thanks so much. I was getting worried that nobody understood it without the title. I hope you family has fun with the game.

@flipmeister - You flatter me.

@noisdois - Et toi, monsieur. Your grenade turtle is making a good run towards the fog right now and has broken into the top ten with force!

@EasyE - I'm glad you like that. Most commenters seem to prefer shirts that never need be explained.

@theinfinityloop - Merci beaucoup. I hope I can say the same to you sometime soon. You have a great style.

I appreciate the comments everyone.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: I don't have much left, Martha.....I love you..

edgar you rock. love it.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337
jmoehrle wrote:I think if it was any other color, I'd vote for it. (Love the cranberry...)

Same here. Baby blue is quickly becoming the new asphalt.

Razela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razela
Re: The Cereal Fiasco

Simple, but adorable!

nefiga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nefiga
Re: Blind, but Not Helpless

I think that the lemon color for the shirt looks really good with your design - I wouldn't change it. But I agree that the laser does look a little 'splashy'. Great design, though! GMV!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: SECURITY BREACH!

this is very funny so it will get my vote right up to the moment the rejectorator's strike it down.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
haxrox wrote:This is hilarious. I think chubby needs to be a recurring derby character.

Thanks! I'll have to consider that...

adamska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamska

Katsu, I like it, but I think your other ones were better

ParfaitX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ParfaitX
Re: Who's More Confused?

A cherry appears to have a crush on this apple! O:

laughdavid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughdavid1
Re: Migration

Hey if this doesn't make the contest you should try to see if the makers of "Trailer Park Wars" (just played it last night, it's a hysterical game) would want to buy the design...
See http://gutbustingames.com/
The whole trailers, falmingos, and Huricanes just fits right in.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Bananasaurus Rex

Hahaha. Random. Silly. I like it. GMV.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Blind, but Not Helpless

I think the shirt color is ok, but the laser should fade, either with little dots or lines... right now it looks a bit like that lizzard that shoots blood out of its eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEl6TXrkZnk

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Re: weeooww

This is adorable! :D Good luck and you gmv.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Annie22 wrote:I love this. It's so cute. But unless my monitor colors are messed up (which they could be) I don't know that woot has a shirt this color. It looks like a washed out red. The red shirts I've gotten from woot have been pure red. I don't know that the background red would even be seen on the actual print. hmm..

this looks like it's on orange.

nice design fable. i guessed that this was yours as soon as i saw the thumbnail. the colors are really nice and i think it works well on orange. (it is orange right?)
regardless, this gmv.

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
hookajoe wrote:Uh oh! I smell inconsistant rejectorating! If you kill this one, you gotta kill all the other designs with '!.' It's one thing if the rules of rejection are being applied in a controvertial way, but quite another if they're not being applied equally.

There goes another shirt I would have paid for.

Wow. I agree. I wasn't a big fan of this design, but I was surprised to see the reason for it being rejected. Even with the explanation I think the emergency was kind of vague, and it could have been rejected for beign off topic. But, now that it is stated that it's not incidental text there are a lot of other designs that would need to be rejected in order to be fair.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Bad Hair Day!

I love the comic-y feel to this + funny = GMV!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
dekonstruct wrote:One man's moonshine is another man's propane tank I guess. I love this shirt, and it's criminal that it's not in the fog. Still, I will vote for it with FURY!

i missed this comment before. L!O!L! actually, propane and moonshine share a lot in common!

thanks for the FURIOUS vote!

woobwoob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woobwoob
Re: She touched the sides...

dirty pool woot guys. shame on you for rejecting this.

That other shirt does not own the idea, the issue is sprite vs. 7-up. Reinstate this entry. If the design had been an outright rip off, I would agree. male!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
theinfinityloop wrote:This turned out really good!

thanks loop!

i really like your mage also! although (in all honesty) i would have liked to have seen you do it more in the style of the cat from the energy derby. still a great design though. GMV

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Polar Meltdown (resub)

I like this a lot better on the royal blue.

In fact, I like it so much, I withdrew my own similar polar bear shirt.

This is the shirt I wish I had submitted, so it has my vote.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Computer Cat-tastrophe!

I thought it's a she, Is it?

prpettet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prpettet
Re: Teddys Accident

cute. i have kids. this would be a TRUE emergency! GMV