h2instinct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h2instinct
Re: Let's Play Doctor

I like shirt. Shirt great design. I buy shirt if shirt is printed. I like shirt.

tigerlillies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlillies
Re: Blind, but Not Helpless

Clever and well drawn. I like.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

The Three Blind Mice are like the Three Musketeers. One for all, and all for one. So when kitty decides he wants to have one for lunch, its up to the other two to step up to the emergency. Or at least, one of them has to.

So, I fixed the laser up a bit.

Large image here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Arnion/shirtwoot52mouseBIGPICTURE2.jpg

tigerlillies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigerlillies
Re: Fire Escape

Freebird: The Sequel.

eepettet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eepettet
Re: Blind, but Not Helpless

That laser looks better. Still would prefer on a different shirt color, but GMV none the less.

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
Re: Just in the nick of time!

I think this shirt has a wonderful color scheme to it with a great sense of action. I would really like to see this get more votes.

Please!

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
mrwednesday wrote:I expected to see Steve Irwin somewhere.

Well, honestly, this was not made as a Steve Irwin reference. This is based on photos from when I personally swam with sting rays and photographed them.

Edited by a chicken.

davnarglanzig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davnarglanzig
Re: Who Pushed the Button?

Thanks for checking out my design this week… Most of my designs never get submitted (very self critical) but this quick little design worked well as shirt so I went ahead and posted it. Let me know what you think.

In these heightened times of terror with the threat of mutually assured destruction still looming, we need to worry about who has their finger on the button… Could have been the Mayans with some type of super advanced Mesoamerican doomsday device.
-D

SpinkleMons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpinkleMons
bluchez wrote:Well, honestly, this was not made as a Steve Irwin reference. This is based on photos from when I personally swam with sting rays and photographed them. But, now that you mentioned it, that little voice in my head wouldn't let me not do this. I blame you for me getting butchered over this.

I have to admit, that was hilarious. The same thought crossed my mind (like a gently gliding ray of course) when this derby came up.

But really, I miss the guy.

Also, this is a very nice illustration of a sting ray!

davnarglanzig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davnarglanzig
Re: Prehistoric Emergency

This is awesome!!! I hope this gets in the fog and stays there... I'd buy it and wear it proudly. Its been said before, but needs repeating: good work on the negative space dinos... Got my vote!
-D

Shameful Self Promotion:
Who Pushed the Button?

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
SpinkleMons wrote:I have to admit, that was hilarious. The same thought crossed my mind (like a gently gliding ray of course) when this derby came up.

But really, I miss the guy.

Also, this is a very nice illustration of a sting ray!

Thanks. And agreed, he was one of the greats.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Death Ray

This is still your very best design Blu. I love it more each time I see it.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Curious Little Turtle

two turtle shirts in the top ten...weird...

i kinda feel sorry for the little guy, but this is still funny. i really like how the grenade was drawn. i can't really pinpoint why...perhaps it's because you let the color of the shirt show through. anyways, great design.

elementsunknown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elementsunknown

I wish the image was higher on the shirt, like at chest height.

Re: Black Inc.

Kesrael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kesrael
Re: You've got to be kidding...

What does it say on that second door? Does it also say 'women'? The first one is good and clear but, at least on my screen, the second one is just a little bit too blurry to read...

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: check your pack first

I really like this design and would love to buy the shirt when printed.

Just a little opinion: I did like your "mock up" a little better because of the frayed parachute and for some reason the filled in clouds caught my eye better, but I can see why you changed it and I think you made a great choice.

tallmidget

Re: ATAK!

i like the use of negative space here. black isn't usually one of my favorite shirt colors, but this design is great. gmv.

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli
aerodino wrote:This design is taken from a series of photographs that I do entitled
"eMERGEncy". Two pictures are merged together, then the viewer sees, in an abstracted way, elements of both pictures coming forth - an emergency, "the quality of coming forth into view" - which is the title of this design (aka "Leaf Ears"). Artists are known to think outside the box and interpret things uniquely.

I'd like to know where you got that definition of emergency, because the definition I'm familiar with is, "A situation such as a natural or man-made disaster requiring urgent assistance." I agree that the merging of two unrelated things is interesting, it seems to apply more to the definition of emergence, which is quite different from an emergency. (Thanks to the english language for such confusing things)

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228

My favorite thus far, great job!

suragor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages suragor

my favorite design thus far, too

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: EMERGING SEA

I like this a lot, glad you stuck with the cranberry. GMV!

silverice86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverice86

oh man he's skrewed eiither way! nice shirt

VOTE HERE!

VOTE HERE!

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone

Thanks, everybody!

sirphughes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirphughes
Re: Segway Heist Emergency

you should have had cops laying spike strips, and the robber wearing a wife beater w/mullet. just like the people you see on real chase videos

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Help!!

One more time with better colors?
American Sign Language Alphabet - H -E - L - P

Motenai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Motenai
Re: O, God, please help us.

Great design, love the expressions

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

funny stuff. Never would have thought of this.

damiendone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
Re: Spotted!

This is great, as is, on brown. Awesome illustration, and the highlights and light/shadow play are super poignant and dramatic.
I'm just wondering how he's gonna get that cookie out of the jar... or how it got in there in the first place.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
jimiyo wrote:nice color palette! good luck!

I agree.

tallmidget

when i was thinking up ideas for this derby, i tried real hard to picture two things that would, when brought together, create some sort of "emergency" for one of the things and just be funny and ironic. i have to say that it really doesn't get much more ironic than a porcupine with some balloons. very clever idea, and nicely drawn. definitely GMV.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Help!!

Let's see how "texty" Woot! considers this.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: I don't have much left, Martha.....I love you..

This has a nice Shel Silverstein quality to it. Good work

Annie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annie22
tallmidget wrote:this looks like it's on orange.

nice design fable. i guessed that this was yours as soon as i saw the thumbnail. the colors are really nice and i think it works well on orange. (it is orange right?)
regardless, this gmv.

Goodness, you're right! I'm on a different computer and it looks way better. My bad. =) Still love it and have already voted.

donsolo5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donsolo5
Re: Famine Famine Hippos

This is my absolute favorite design of this derby - one of my favorites ever since I've been voting. I really hope it wins - I'm in for at least one if it does! Obviously this one has GMV!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: O Hai! Can U Get Halp!

In case you are curious, the fish survived.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Hahahaha, only an edgar could make me laugh like that. *it's a little bit of a crazy / cynical evil laugh*.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
tallmidget wrote:two turtle shirts in the top ten...weird...

i kinda feel sorry for the little guy, but this is still funny. i really like how the grenade was drawn. i can't really pinpoint why...perhaps it's because you let the color of the shirt show through. anyways, great design.

When I first saw it, it looked to me like the turtle was inspecting the grenade because it looks like it could be another turtle with the pseudo-face on the top of the grenade and the body of the grenade looking like a shell. Which adds a whole lot more to the hilarity since he has no idea what he's in for. I don't know if this is intended but it makes the design that much better for me.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

A great feel you have for this sort of theme, Edgar. super.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: One Thumb to Kill Us All

free cape eh? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
mrwednesday wrote:When I first saw it, it looked to me like the turtle was inspecting the grenade because it looks like it could be another turtle with the pseudo-face on the top of the grenade and the body of the grenade looking like a shell. Which adds a whole lot more to the hilarity since he has no idea what he's in for. I don't know if this is intended but it makes the design that much better for me.

It actually wasn't intended, but it totally works that way, doesn't it?

Thank you all for your votes!