uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

the4bagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the4bagger

"Help, I'm WIRED!!!!!"

Looks like this fellow needs several amputations for his leg...uhhh...I mean, cable management problem...

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
DarK41 wrote:I remember a shirt similar to this that was on Woot a very long time ago, but it was much more wearable.

This was the original forecast apocalyptic:

I don't really care about the similar idea issue, though I think Forecast Apocalyptic is a good example of a nice layout for a weather forecast. I realize you're probably limited in Gimp, but I would appreciate more commercial-looking linework (like you'd see in an actual forecast) instead of the jaggies.

The red text isn't working for me either. It's clashing a bit with the baby blue.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: I don't have much left, Martha.....I love you..

how did you know i would like this shirt?
;)

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
eHalcyon wrote:Wow... the derby page is really messed up right now.

Also - Fable is my hero.

Have you ever read the webcomic "Minus"? It's different than others in that it's painted on a giant canvas with water colours. The story revolves around a little girl with inexplicable and limitless magical powers and what she does with them. The story ended a few weeks ago. One of the comics involved a deadly meteor as well, and the last panel showed her waiting with a baseball bat.

I haven't read Minus, but I'm definitely reading it now. Takes a little while to load. Very cool comic though. I like the whimsical watercolor look with the semi-twisted humor. =D

It's fun to read the author's comments too. Web comics are a lot of work. Always wanted to do one but I have a horrible attention span when it comes to plots. >.<

The baseball bat thing also reminds me of the last episode of Fooly Cooly, except instead of a bat, the main character had an electric guitar.

Thanks for the support everyone!

TrialRun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrialRun
Re: Fork?!!

rres wrote:I'm not tattlling - just coincidentally Stumbled Upon this image. Thought it was funny even though they look nothing alike.

Not sure why the image isn't showing, the address works... cool picture... and what are the odds??? llo... I wouldn't have thought it was possible!

mck367 wrote:My favorite one of this derby. It fits the theme perfectly yet simple.

Thank you!

woobwoob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woobwoob
abstractmonkey wrote:I'm confused, but it's a cool design. What's with the cape?

nothin... just being silly. decent marketing eh?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Toying with Fate

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I had that plane when I was little from Playskool. I remember playing like it was going down in flames!!

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Re: Wait, wait, I'll talk!

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone. It really makes me happy to hear that guys actually like the illustration and my completely random humor (and it really is strange this time around, I acknowledge that). Thanks for the votes, as well!

TrialRun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrialRun
Re: If he catches you, you're thru!

Got the Snoopy vs the Red Baron song stuck in my head today after hearing it as someone's ring tone... not sure if working it into a shirt design is gonna help.
Wanted to call it Red Baron, but the pizza place is trademarked and all that good stuff, so typed the first thing that came to mind instead, just in case.
Didn't realize until too late that it was from the Road runner theme song... the cyotes after you! oh well, symptom of sleep deprivation. I will go work on that right now.
Thanx for looking! Would appreciate the vote, too!

zewkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zewkin
Re: What do you mean by Oops?

Resubbed because the quotations in the title were messing with the comments...all two of them, heh! As usual, comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

darkaznstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkaznstorm
Re: Fire Escape

great design. good job!

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
LoreHera wrote:The last bard of chocolate... the last m.... pain killer..... the first day.....

Errr... *bar

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: aMEHrica

Thanks for all the kindness on this design everyone. And thanks for the drama in the thread. And thanks for encouraging everyone else to vote for this as well if they haven't already. I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
fablefire wrote:This was the original forecast apocalyptic:

I don't really care about the similar idea issue, though I think Forecast Apocalyptic is a good example of a nice layout for a weather forecast. I realize you're probably limited in Gimp, but I would appreciate more commercial-looking linework (like you'd see in an actual forecast) instead of the jaggies.

The red text isn't working for me either. It's clashing a bit with the baby blue.

I think the retro weather icons work with the Godzilla forecast... they would have looked just like this in "an actual forecast" back in the day. Except maybe with less color.

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear

Quick someone call the Masked Avenger!! My garbage cans are still upright!! :')

soulxside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside

Nice design, but I think it's pretty annoying that these generic bird shirts end up displacing much more original designs. They should just have a bird shirt derby and then after that auto reject bird silhouettes.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: EMERGING SEA w/ shadow

added shadow with color changes If you like Vote if not...

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

duskfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duskfall
snarkygal wrote:Gee, don't you think you should at least wait a few weeks before ripping off another Woot shirt? D'OH!

Yeah, there was a really similar concept just about a week ago. Even the title was "Coffee Level Critical" and it had the little bars in the cup. It's not the same design, but it is terribly similar.

SpinkleMons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpinkleMons
Re: The Purple Menace

I hope you have a license for this level of awesome. I would buy this so hard...

corefolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corefolio
Re: Salmon Run

awesome colors and composition!

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Breez wrote:I find this shirt rather...tragic. I keep seeing the little guy 5 seconds later...and it isn't pretty. It kinda makes me want to cry.

Poor little turtle.

Don't worry. He's a cartoon turtle, which means he has lightning fast reflexes and an indestructible shell. He'll probably be blown to Bermuda, but he'll land there relatively unscathed.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
Lipkin wrote:I don't suppose Heart Salad would mean anything to you? My friend has a webcomic at called Heartsalad.com, and he basically did exactly this, only it was at least a couple years ago. See for yourself.

http://heartsalad.com/comics/012.gif

Your art is better, but the idea is the same. I already have his version on a shirt.

I've never heard of that site before. It looks like the turtle knows what is going to happen him on that one, whereas on this one he doesn't really know yet...

Kinda the same, but kinda not...

mayokingcomics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayokingcomics
Re: When you gotta go...

awesome!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
curb1510 wrote:I am in love with this shirt, it's by far the best one in this derby. All of which is to say that I really don't understand the average Wooter psyche. In my megalomaniac world this would be printed by now. Alas I am a humble teacher and artist and can only ask you to consider getting this printed elsewhere if it doesn't make it. And, oh yes, definetly the orange.

Awesome, I've cornered the megalomaniac demographic. Thank you muchly.

I would definitely consider printing it elsewhere if it doesn't make the honorable mentions.

prpettet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prpettet
echo91 wrote:This is super cute. I like the royal blue better. GMV.

thanks. i appreciate all the support!

dekonstruct

Re: Sudden Death

Fable does it again! I lurve it ferociously.

and yes, webcomics are tough business. Some times the only reward you have for doing them is some random 4chan flunky writing "I am an un-original person" in the comments. You gotta want to do it for yourself or you'll go crazy.

dekonstruct

Re: The Purple Menace (lowered)

Wow, love the utter destruction of those buildings.

mayokingcomics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayokingcomics
Re: Blind, but Not Helpless

awesome artwork, great idea as well

wagtwin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagtwin1

too funny! : )

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
jones21403 wrote:Wow. I agree. I wasn't a big fan of this design, but I was surprised to see the reason for it being rejected. Even with the explanation I think the emergency was kind of vague, and it could have been rejected for beign off topic. But, now that it is stated that it's not incidental text there are a lot of other designs that would need to be rejected in order to be fair.

if the design could have more than "incidental text," i'd say the shirt needed the phrase "get back in the kitchen." 'twould add to the satire.

'specially if she were barefoot & pregnant carrying an ice tea to her man.

(for the record, my wife is a business woman... so this is definitely satire... as almost everything I say is SMART-A55).

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
bvillarreal wrote:Wow, I love the interpretation of the concept and the shirt!
And how timely - In 2007, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists moved the minute hand of the Doomsday Clock two minutes closer to midnight to make it 5 minutes to midnight. In 1995 it was 14 minutes to midnight!

Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's currently only five minutes to midnight.

Great concept and execution. GMV.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Fire Escape

In the fog even? This is a joke, right?

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
2thFairy wrote:In the fog even? This is a joke, right?

no, but this is

Re: cat-tastrophy

Gentlewhisper.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gentlewhisper.com

Oh man... I really want this shirt. Vote!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Little Emergencies

Changed a few things. Thanks for looking.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Is he in the tree again

I LOVE the style in which this was drawn!!

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Global Worming

Don't let his smile fool you.

While Earth is not yet an Arrakis, the threat always exists of a species mutating into some planet-wide menace.

Beware the Global Worming...

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
SeedUvPain wrote:This has a nice Shel Silverstein quality to it. Good work

I have thought that about a lot of his work. It's a great style.