+ Add a Comment

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
funkadelikbob wrote:So?
I drew this a year ago, plus mine has dimension and totally different faces.

Even so, this is totally off theme.

Super6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Super6
Wonderbunny wrote:Is the ipod image copyrighted?

What iPod? I just see a rounded rectangle with a circle in the middle :D

silverice86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverice86
Re: A Parachute Packed With Love

great change, I was thinking the same thing earlier about wanting to see it with just the skydiver. looks great. i love the placement

VOTE HERE!

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

suburbbum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suburbbum
wreckoning wrote:Woot references are against the rules. Sorry but this will most likely get rejected

Yeah.

also, if you were to redo it w/o the "?", make it not a square because that layout never works.

the .pdf file would most likely get rejected anyway though

a new idea would be to have a "Meltdown" at an ice cream factory.
I'd buy that shirt

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The phoenix is a very cute touch.

suburbbum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suburbbum
wreckoning wrote:Woot references are against the rules. Sorry but this will most likely get rejected

Yeah.

also, if you were to redo it w/o the "?", make it not a square because that layout never works.

the .pdf file would most likely get rejected anyway though

a new idea would be to have a "Meltdown" at an ice cream factory.
I'd buy that shirt

silverice86

Re: Never a Good Idea

the look on this fish's face is priceless. well done

VOTE HERE!

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: Why?

ha ha love it

VOTE HERE!

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: Fire Escape

oooo nice, i woud definitely wear this shirt

VOTE HERE!

VOTE HERE!

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Thanks for the quick rejection. I'll fix the color, but I think I'm gonna have to risk some of the text; I'll take out the low temps, though.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
Re: impaction

I don't know why my halftone went squirrly. Imagine it all smooth and lovely.

Like this:

haxrox

Hopefully this is closer to the real baby blue. Thanks for the swiftness and suggestions, rejector; I really appreciate it.

haxrox

New version is up! Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks for the advice, rejectionator

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
Re: Halp!! Out on a limb ....

I'm always a fan of reworking trees and doing them in new and interesting ways. I really like the techniques you used on this piece. It's almost Seussian.

AdderXYU

Re: A Parachute Packed With Love

like it better on orange, but think that the parachuter alone is ideal.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Tuesday is gonna be rough (resub)

I don't think this should have been rejected in the first place. Woot knew what color you were going for; they knew the shirt was supposed to be baby blue, so why make you redo it? Just print the darn shirt on baby blue if it wins. I mean, when actually printing the shirt the color on the shirt comp doesn't matter a bit.

Oh, and don't tell me that it's because if people buy the shirt they're not going to know the color. When the shirt's for sale the color is going to be clear as day on the front page.

It was a stupid rejection.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion
Re: check your pack first

wahhhh this is amazing, hahahah. Vote'd. =D

AdderXYU

Re: OH SNAP!!!

I have been led to believe that running out of toilet paper is the biggest emergency a wooter can face

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Emergency heart surgery kit

If you need heart surgery, a few household items is all you need...

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Famine Famine Hippos

The joke of the shirt ( it being a Hungry, Hungry, Hippos reference ) is not clear. Unless you explained the shirt I never would have figured that out.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
etripoli wrote:Very good job on drawing the Shasta trailer, looks just like ours (except pink and the side the door is on). I won't wear pink, but my wife might, so GMV!

thanks! there are two reasons i decided to use pink in this. one, the Shasta trailer was very popular in the 1950s and i wanted this design to evoke that "retro" feel, which i think pink and baby blue does. two, for a sentimental reason, my grandmother had a pink and white 57 chevy when i was a kid.

try not to think of it as pink.. think of it as "melon".

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Olive Knew there'd be Days Like This ...

Olive knew there'd be days like this....

Watch out...the toothpicks are coming!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Wonderbunny wrote:Stupid typo and when you comment on the shirts it doesn't let you edit posts!

it's okay, I speak typo!

Arnion

Re: It Fixes Everything

I voted, but I don't think I'm a fan of the shade of tan used as a shadow...not sure how that could be changed, given the limited palette though. D= Brilliant concept. x)

AdderXYU

dekonstruct wrote:How is this unthinkable?

More importantly how is it emergency?

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: FLIP ME!!!

My mom loves turtles...I would so buy this for her.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Arnion

Re: Emergency Umbrella

Took me a while to realize that the roses are coming out of a parachute pack, not his body, hahah. Beautiful colors and art style, I really enjoy this.

chunter16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunter16
Re: Rejected

I think that's supposed to be funny, right?

Who was it that was talking about putting in an entry to be intentionally rejected?

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Emergency Force 5000 (v2.0)

When #13 says to stick out your tongue and say ahhhh, I am definitely going to stick out my tongue and say ahhhh. Yikes. The look on his/its face reminds me of the dentist I had as a kid (think Lawrence Olivier in Marathon Man).

Great concept and artwork.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Sorry?

Love this! Great choice of colors and adorable expressions. You are so good with the faces!

chamelean75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chamelean75
Sachmoe64 wrote:I had one comment about the printing being a problem on the brown. Heres the olive geen version. Which ever does better will saty... The loser will get the "X"! Tell me what you think!

I prefer the olive. It's hard to see the picture and the light when it's on brown.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
mjl9320 wrote:Maybe I'm the only one who notices these things, but the golf ball is much larger than the hole in the fish bowl...

Thank you all for the replies!
hrmm . . . and nothing else in this drawing strikes you as odd? You must have some incredible fish! Actually, I had it a little smaller but was worried it would be hard to see it. :D

AdderXYU

KenSPT wrote:I don't think this should have been rejected in the first place. Woot knew what color you were going for; they knew the shirt was supposed to be baby blue, so why make you redo it? Just print the darn shirt on baby blue if it wins. I mean, when actually printing the shirt the color on the shirt comp doesn't matter a bit.

Oh, and don't tell me that it's because if people buy the shirt they're not going to know the color. When the shirt's for sale the color is going to be clear as day on the front page.

It was a stupid rejection.

I agree. It should have been rejected for having already been done.

Although woot has a precedent of rejecting shirts for not being the right color, so stupid rejection or not, it's a more stupid derbyist who doesn't try for accuracy. Woot provides a template, Jack has a template out there, and Cho has provided one also. Between the three, a veteran derby competitor should have an accurate color swatch.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Bananasaurus Rex

What do you do when a Tyrannosaurus Rex charges? What? Take away his credit card? No that's stupid. What's a dinosaur doing with credit anyway? Their brains are the size of walnuts, they'd never remember to pay the bills on time. Besides everyone knows that only works on rhinos, and people hate those around these parts. So I ask again, what do you do when a Tyranno---*splat*

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Sorry?

I wanted to try something on a "non-traditional" shirt color. What do you say to a giant carrot after you've just taken a bite out of its bottom? Is sorry enough? I don't think so . . .

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: It Fixes Everything

. . . except a broken heart.

elbryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbryan

My only concern is that the banana peel is kind of hard to see, so it's not something that is immediatly funny when you look at it. I like the design, and this is my favorite shirt submission so far.

I'm glad to be vote number 2.

Look what I posted!

AdderXYU

Re: Fire Escape

The theme is "emergency," not "emergence"

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

EwingKlipspringer wrote:When #13 says to stick out your tongue and say ahhhh, I am definitely going to stick out my tongue and say ahhhh. Yikes. The look on his/its face reminds me of the dentist I had as a kid (think Lawrence Olivier in Marathon Man).

Great concept and artwork.

Thanks EK!