AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Hi everyone. Here is Wiley with "Baha, I Has Nets, Too!" I like the detail on this. I was worried the little scuba people wouldn't show very well, but they do. And I didn't get a Woot tag in this one, just the regular American Apparel tag. Sigh... What if I accidentally wear this shirt as pants since I don't have the instructions in the Woot tag?

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-13

PedroLagossi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PedroLagossi

More pics of Baha, I has nets too!

(click for larger, more blurry)

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
AGrant311 wrote:Hi everyone. Here is Wiley with "Baha, I Has Nets, Too!" I like the detail on this. I was worried the little scuba people wouldn't show very well, but they do. And I didn't get a Woot tag in this one, just the regular American Apparel tag. Sigh... What if I accidentally wear this shirt as pants since I don't have the instructions in the Woot tag?

I swear Wiley loves the camera more than any dog I've ever seen! Week in and week out he works hard posing and modeling with tshrits. Never complains, never waivers! Hardest working model dog in America.

Anyways, looks like Baha printed incredibly well. The detail in the octopus seems to have printed very accurately as well. Very excited for this one, thanks for the pics!

Tomorrow I have Baha I has nets too and Fog coming in. Then its ManBat and Bluebird!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AGrant311

thejakeyl88 wrote:I swear Wiley loves the camera more than any dog I've ever seen! Week in and week out he works hard posing and modeling with tshrits. Never complains, never waivers! Hardest working model dog in America.

Anyways, looks like Baha printed incredibly well. The detail in the octopus seems to have printed very accurately as well. Very excited for this one, thanks for the pics!

Tomorrow I have Baha I has nets too and Fog coming in. Then its ManBat and Bluebird!

I just had to send an email to Woot. It appears my Fog shirt was lost in transit. And I had ordered two (one for Dad for Christmas). They emailed me back and said they would send it out again. Hope since it was reckoned last night, that won't be an issue.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AGrant311 wrote:I just had to send an email to Woot. It appears my Fog shirt was lost in transit. And I had ordered two (one for Dad for Christmas). They emailed me back and said they would send it out again. Hope since it was reckoned last night, that won't be an issue.

I really hope they get them to you. You will NOT be disappointed!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
AGrant311 wrote:I just had to send an email to Woot. It appears my Fog shirt was lost in transit. And I had ordered two (one for Dad for Christmas). They emailed me back and said they would send it out again. Hope since it was reckoned last night, that won't be an issue.

I wouldn't worry. The same thing happened to me about a week ago. They sent the already reckoned shirt via FedEx and I had it in a matter of days.

Carpe shirtem!

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
AGrant311 wrote:Hi everyone. Here is Wiley with "Baha, I Has Nets, Too!" I like the detail on this. I was worried the little scuba people wouldn't show very well, but they do. And I didn't get a Woot tag in this one, just the regular American Apparel tag. Sigh... What if I accidentally wear this shirt as pants since I don't have the instructions in the Woot tag?

I'm glad I went ahead and ordered this one as well before it was reckoned. The detail looks great. And Wiley looks thrilled, too.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

It's such a shame that "Baha, I Has Nets, Too!" has already been reckoned because the detail on that shirt is simply amazing. Thanks to those who posted pictures.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
iris420 wrote:I wouldn't worry. The same thing happened to me about a week ago. They sent the already reckoned shirt via FedEx and I had it in a matter of days.

The first transaction I had with woot, I bought "The Rustic." Not long after, it was reckoned before I got it. Anyway, I believe it was after its reckoning was announced that I sent woot service an email... it was my first shirt from a still new company, and I wanted to make sure that, if there was some sort of problem with the shirt, I could still get a replacement, despite the reckoning. They assured me it would be no issue. I have bought with confidence ever since, though I do wish I'd caught the paint stains on my Feed the Whale earlier than two months after buying it.

I think this is the real reason woot has random bags so often... they likely have backup stock in case of customer service issues coming up with orders received after reckoning. As such, though, so long as you contact service in a timely manner, it seems sensible to presume your shirt will get to you one way or another.

thejakeyl88

I'll be getting Fog and Baha in a few hours! Woohoo, fun times! I'm on vacation from work and its a nice sunny day so I'll take the shirts out and get some nice pics or them close up.

Maybe I'll show up in a shirt or two if I really feel like it. I should say up to it. I don't know how people take pics of themselves all the time but its a pain!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AGrant311

Hi all. Here are "Octospelled" and "Bigfoot Nessie 08." In addition to Wiley modeling "Octospelled" and me in "Bigfoot Nessie 08," we have Hillary showing off the newest in raingear for small dogs (the Woot bags really do keep their bodies dry). "Octospelled" looks really neat. I like the work in the octopus's body. "Bigfoot Nessie"... pretty basic.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-15

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-15

thejakeyl88

Wow the red in the octopus came out really deep and amazing looking. The blue/red combos aren't that bad I guess. Both Wiley and Hilary look hilarious! They must have so much fun when the woot shirts arrive. They see the white bags and know whats up right away!

Anyways, here are the pics for "Fog" and "Baha I has net, too!" Both came out so well and exceeded my expectations! The lines and detail in "Fog" are absolutely stunning, and the detail in the octopus and divers on "Baha I has nets, too!" just make me so glad I got them. Here are the pics! Again with my picture, I had to show off my new oakleys. I used to have the same pair 6 years ago and I freakin' left them somewhere and they were never seen again. I think they go so well with the shirt. This one didn't come out blurry, a little practice makes perfect I guess. :P

EDIT: Also, both shirts have "American Apparel" on it, nothing about shirt.woot at all, like AGrant311 said. Weird!

koopadaisy

thejakeyl88 wrote:Wow the red in the octopus came out really deep and amazing looking. The blue/red combos aren't that bad I guess. Both Wiley and Hilary look hilarious! They must have so much fun when the woot shirts arrive. They see the white bags and know whats up right away!

Anyways, here are the pics for "Fog" and "Baha I has net, too!" Both came out so well and exceeded my expectations! The lines and detail in "Fog" are absolutely stunning, and the detail in the octopus and divers on "Baha I has nets, too!" just make me so glad I got them. Here are the pics! Again with my picture, I had to show off my new oakleys. I used to have the same pair 6 years ago and I freakin' left them somewhere and they were never seen again. I think they go so well with the shirt. This one didn't come out blurry, a little practice makes perfect I guess.

I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on both of those before they were reckoned. Can't wait to receive mine. They look fantastic!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
koopadaisy wrote:I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on both of those before they were reckoned. Can't wait to receive mine. They look fantastic!

A lot of people on Woot with guns, it seems...

koopadaisy

2thFairy wrote:A lot of people on Woot with guns, it seems...

So it seems. I'm a bit proud of my delts actually. One day I shall have tris of steel, however. One day!!!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
koopadaisy wrote:So it seems. I'm a bit proud of my delts actually. One day I shall have tris of steel, however. One day!!!

Hahaha, I think s/he was talking about people "pulling the trigger", but your response is classic.

AdderXYU

2thFairy wrote:A lot of people on Woot with guns, it seems...

Woot IS based in Texas, after all

AGrant311

AdderXYU wrote:Woot IS based in Texas, after all

As a Texan, I do not own a gun. Do two small dogs count? They can bite your ankles.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

The bluebird of hopelessness printed great.... I'll try to get a pic.

thejakeyl88

Well you better hurry up, because mine is coming in tomorrow and that means I'll be posting 4-5 awesome shots of it, as well as ManBat!

If you post them, I'll post mine anyways. :P

I'm a sucker for close up shots and a lot of people like seeing the entire shirt, which as you can see, I'm not that good at with my DSLR because its a heavier camera so it comes out blurry. Oh well, I'll have 1 blurry and 4 really nice, detail showing pictures of both shirts. I encourage everyone to take as many shots as possible to see how the shirts print multiple times, accuracy, differences in color ect. Also good to see it in different sizes since mine are all mediums and the designs show differently on each size. Everyone here takes great pictures of their shirts in their own way with their own idea of lighting and things like that. Seeing the shirts in different ways really helps a lot of us out. Thanks all!

yemicculus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yemicculus

Did anyone buy "Reverse Tarzan"? I want to see how it came out before it gets reckoned.

If someone didn't like theirs, I might take it off their hands for them. In Men's M, please. :D

AGrant311

thejakeyl88 wrote:Well you better hurry up, because mine is coming in tomorrow and that means I'll be posting 4-5 awesome shots of it, as well as ManBat!

If you post them, I'll post mine anyways. :P

I'm a sucker for close up shots and a lot of people like seeing the entire shirt, which as you can see, I'm not that good at with my DSLR because its a heavier camera so it comes out blurry. Oh well, I'll have 1 blurry and 4 really nice, detail showing pictures of both shirts. I encourage everyone to take as many shots as possible to see how the shirts print multiple times, accuracy, differences in color ect. Also good to see it in different sizes since mine are all mediums and the designs show differently on each size. Everyone here takes great pictures of their shirts in their own way with their own idea of lighting and things like that. Seeing the shirts in different ways really helps a lot of us out. Thanks all!

And my close-up detail shots always come out fuzzy and out of focus. I'm better off with showing the full shirt. I'll agree with the thejakey about the different people's style of doing the pictures shows a better range of the perspective of the shirt. I always get the XXL shirts (I like baggie and the one time I got a Women's XL shirt... those things are tiny). I'm 5'9" and 180 pounds, so I'm pretty solid. Probably too much beer drinking at the Flying Saucer.
I'm still waiting on my "Fog." I emailed Woot and they sent another one out again. This is the first of any kind of Woot that's gone AWOL on me. And I promise I will post the bird/pizza shirt as soon as I get it (I'm being too lazy right at this moment to look up the official name).

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
AGrant311 wrote:... I always get the XXL shirts (I like baggie and the one time I got a Women's XL shirt... those things are tiny). I'm 5'9" and 180 pounds, so I'm pretty solid. Probably too much beer drinking at the Flying Saucer. ).

wow...
That is a huge size difference... I have a wxl and it's smaller than the mm that i have I'm actually still trying to decide whether I like the mm or ml fit better...

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Since I'm assuming that I'm the only one who bought this...

thejakeyl88

I gotta go deliver packages so I have no time, but here is Manbat close up!

comments on other things when I get back!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
bluchez wrote:Since I'm assuming that I'm the only one who bought this...

Looks like they did a great job with the half-tones. On black even!

iris420

thejakeyl88 wrote:I gotta go deliver packages so I have no time, but here is Manbat close up!

Aw man, Manbat looks so regal. I wish I would've gotten him.

Carpe shirtem!

Booperelli

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Booperelli
thejakeyl88 wrote:I gotta go deliver packages so I have no time, but here is Manbat close up!

You buy a little bit of everything, don't you?!

iris420

Woohooo! Just got Soundwaves today. I am totally wearing this to work tonight....

Here is the shirt fresh out of the package (w/flash and cats):

Flat on pillow (no flash):

And on the chichis (w/flash):

I don't know if you can tell from these pics, but the actual design has a slight uptilt from one end to the other. Not terribly distracting, but just thought I'd mention it.

Hmmm: these pics kind of turned out small, but since it's not a very intricate design, hopefully you still get the idea. I'm too lazy to go make them bigger.

Carpe shirtem!

thejakeyl88

iris420 wrote:Woohooo! Just got Soundwaves today. I am totally wearing this to work tonight....

Here is the shirt fresh out of the package (w/flash and cats):

Flat on pillow (no flash):

And on the chichis (w/flash):

I don't know if you can tell from these pics, but the actual design has a slight uptilt from one end to the other. Not terribly distracting, but just thought I'd mention it.

Hmmm: these pics kind of turned out small, but since it's not a very intricate design, hopefully you still get the idea. I'm too lazy to go make them bigger.

yeah those pictures work! The blue looks really nice and vibrant. Also, I remember people mentioning a few times in the forums that they noticed it tilted a bit, so its part of the design. Cool shirt though!

P.S. I have a black cat too!

thejakeyl88

I found my Bluebird shirt, after thinking the post office lost it, I found it in my garage the day after they delivered it. So heres a quick up close and personal picture of it.

ITS SO BRIGHT! Thats not the flash doing that either, its REALLY that bright!

stryoftheyearxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stryoftheyearxx

can anyone help me with the size on here? this is my first time buying from a American Apparel shirt so I don't know what size will fit best. I looked at the size charts but I really don't know what measurements I am. I'm just an average guy, so wondering what size do you think will look best. I want a size that just pits perfectly not to tight or large that the shirt goes way past my waist. I usually wear a medium in other t shirts.

Thanks sorry if I posted in wrong place though

P.S. im 5'11 and about 145 LB

AdderXYU

stryoftheyearxx wrote:can anyone help me with the size on here? this is my first time buying from a American Apparel shirt so I don't know what size will fit best. I looked at the size charts but I really don't know what measurements I am. I'm just an average guy, so wondering what size do you think will look best. I want a size that just pits perfectly not to tight or large that the shirt goes way past my waist. I usually wear a medium in other t shirts.

Thanks sorry if I posted in wrong place though

The standard rule of thumb for American Apparel is to go a size up from what you usually wear. Some people don't need it: I am normally an XL, and can wear both XL and 2X shirts from woot without issue, but the XLs normally fit a little closer than other XLs. Since you like your shirts to straddle the line between baggy and tight, and go for medium now, I'm going to say medium may be just a bit too tight for you. American Apparel shirts are long, too, but also shrink in the wash if you're not careful, so since you're also tall, I'm going to recommend a Men's Large.

You could also check American Apparel's sizing chart for more specifics. Unfortunately, unless you really know your measurements, it's hard to know for sure without trying one on, and even then there's the shrink risk. Best to try a Large first... if it's too big, you can at least still wear it a little baggy, while too small means you probably can't wear it at all.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
stryoftheyearxx wrote:

Yea, there probably is a sizing thread somewhere, but I'll give you my 2 cents. I'm 6' about 190 lbs with a 35" waist, and I wear a men's large, which has a slightly fitted look on me. If you're going for a not-tight look, my best guess would be a men's medium. You have to keep in mind, also, that woot shirts do tend to shrink about half a size, esp if you tumble dry on high heat (I always tumble dry low, myself).

A lot of people will tell you to order a size up, and that probably is true for the women's sizes (those do seem ridiculously small), but with the men's sizes it seems like you can order your typical t-shirt size, so long as you don't have a gut. And at 5'11" and 145 lbs, I doubt very seriously you have much of a gut.

I would recommend that, if you live far from Texas, you pay for overnight shipping the first shirt so it doesn't take you 2 weeks to find out if you guessed your size right.

thejakeyl88

AdderXYU wrote:The standard rule of thumb for American Apparel is to go a size up from what you usually wear. Some people don't need it: I am normally an XL, and can wear both XL and 2X shirts from woot without issue, but the XLs normally fit a little closer than other XLs. Since you like your shirts to straddle the line between baggy and tight, and go for medium now, I'm going to say medium may be just a bit too tight for you. American Apparel shirts are long, too, but also shrink in the wash if you're not careful, so since you're also tall, I'm going to recommend a Men's Large.

You could also check American Apparel's sizing chart for more specifics. Unfortunately, unless you really know your measurements, it's hard to know for sure without trying one on, and even then there's the shrink risk. Best to try a Large first... if it's too big, you can at least still wear it a little baggy, while too small means you probably can't wear it at all.

Hey Adder, I'll just add a little bit to what you said. I must be the rare exception to the rule here, but I go a size down when I buy american apparel. I'm six foot one inch tall, 180 pounds, usually go for large shirts, but american apparel shirts look so much better on me in medium, they almost seem to "stretch" when I put the shirt on to fit really well. I would suggest he gets medium shirts, since thats what he already normally gets. The mediums just fit perfect on me, not really snug but not loose at all which is how I like it. You can see me in the shirt "fog" up above in this post, it is a medium. Not baggy at all, but tight enough so they design shows very well at all times.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
thejakeyl88 wrote:I found my Bluebird shirt, after thinking the post office lost it, I found it in my garage the day after they delivered it. So heres a quick up close and personal picture of it.

ITS SO BRIGHT! Thats not the flash doing that either, its REALLY that bright!

Nice photo. I think it's bitchin'. Love it in person.

Snake201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201

thejakeyl88 post a picture of all your woot shirts together. I would like to see how many you have.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

thejakeyl88

Snake201 wrote:thejakeyl88 post a picture of all your woot shirts together. I would like to see how many you have.

You know I think thats kind of a cool idea. I was thinking about doing some sort of large woot shirt picture a while back but never got around to doing it, then forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

Ghosties came today.... fresh out the FedEx envelope:

Not sure how dark this will show up on any given monitor, but it's *almost* visible on mine... but the glow-in-the-dark ink does work! I heard that there was quite a few Lightning Bug shirts that the GITD ink didn't work... this does, and does quite well!

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat

Got my shirt over the weekend... Pretty stoked on it, actually.

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.