thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
kizat wrote:I see your . and raise you a !

Are you gonna wear your pirate shirt with a tricorn hat???

Its funny, I dropped my keyboard and grabbed it in mid air and some how it made it go backwards to the page and submit the post again. It was weird!

Anyways, I want to try and keep the cost of this costume down, but I am trying hard not to leave anything out. I haven't bought anything to go with the shirt just yet, I was waiting to see it in person. I've shopped around a few places though to see what was available. I have 2 very nice military overcoats that would go so well with this shirt if only they were brown and not gray. I also have a nice curved naval sword from India that will go quite well with it depending on where I'm going that is...

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat

as much as I hate shopping there.... I got a pretty inexpensive tricorn hat from WalMart last year... I think I paid like 6 bucks for it on Halloween day. (Went as a pirate last year, and it was a blast... I totally stabbed people with a fake sword all night).

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

:-/ I got my pirate shirt today... It printed a lot bigger than i'd expected.. Oh well..

thejakeyl88

tiernane wrote::-/ I got my pirate shirt today... It printed a lot bigger than i'd expected.. Oh well..

What do you mean oh well, any smaller and it would look terrible and not proportionate! It had to take up the whole shirt in order for it to actually look real.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
thejakeyl88 wrote:What do you mean oh well, any smaller and it would look terrible and not proportionate! It had to take up the whole shirt in order for it to actually look real.

Agreed. That design needs to take up the whole shirt. I'm not going as a pirate so I passed, but it was an awesome design.

thejakeyl88

sokowa wrote:Agreed. That design needs to take up the whole shirt. I'm not going as a pirate so I passed, but it was an awesome design.

So you're the Beanstalk then? The Gameboy? I know you're Hallowooting this year! Heheh, alright, on a serious note though, what are you going to be come this Halloween?

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

thrive left yesterday but here are some shots:

had the frog been bigger or more part of the shirt i probably would've kept it

the shirt seriously is green like bermuda grass

and space cadet is still available!!!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
KaylaJ wrote:thrive left yesterday ... had the frog been bigger or more part of the shirt i probably would've kept it

Which frog?

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
thejakeyl88 wrote:What do you mean oh well, any smaller and it would look terrible and not proportionate! It had to take up the whole shirt in order for it to actually look real.

I thought hte red/white striped part woudl be smaller than it was, it looked really big when the shirt was lying out... but then i put it on, and it looks a lot better acutally on the girls

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Hi everyone. Here is Trick or Terror modeled by Wiley and the official Woot Off shirt, Bandolier of Carrots, modeled by my very own father. He and Mom are in town visiting. I'm worried he may steal both the carrot shirt and Wiley.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-29

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-29

KaylaJ

ISO30 wrote:Which frog?

the one at the top right kinda blending in. the others are too blended in for my taste. it was like one of those posters you used to see at the mall where you had to stare & squint to see the picture.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
KaylaJ wrote: it was like one of those posters you used to see at the mall where you had to stare & squint to see the picture.

That's not a schooner, it's a sailboat!

...and thanks for posting the pics, AGrant. I was really curious to see the Bandolier of Carrots shirt, mine won't be here for some time.

KaylaJ

so after receiving France today in a great trade with Tindersticks, i realized i have sizes WM-ML, so i decided to take a few pics to show sizes

ML Ghost & Pacman which was just worn yesterday and has been washed vs brand new MM France which has never been washed or worn

again MM France and I Can Has... in MS. I Can Has has been worn and washed.

I Can Has vs Sleeping Problems in WXL. Sleeping was a night shirt for awhile and plenty of washes

another MS vs WXL comparison this time in Perpet Emotion in MS and Springatron in WXL. both have been worn about the same amount of times and usually get washed together

another WXL shirt Panthera vs WL Hot Wings. Both worn and washed, though Hot Wings probably gets a bit more wear

last but not least Hot Wings vs WM Bats!

just thought it was interesting how the sleeves def are different, but the length doesn't always change too much.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

a bit washed out due to flash.. if someone wants to post better pictures, please do.
buy it

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro

Trick or Terror on a person, mens medium:

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

happyrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happyrock

You Are A Pirate action shot for Halloween. The perfect addition to my costume.

Better look at that ship. ( My baby)

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

Happyrock, that is freakin' awesome! Thanks for the 'You are a pirate' shirt in action and that pirate ship is crazy neat looking. Good job!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Happyrock,

Excellent costume!!
Ooo... you should also post your picture in the "Woot shirts come alive" thread.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

An old timey picture for an old timey shirt.

erthwrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erthwrm

"You are a Pirate" - ( WXL)

I've gotten A LOT of compliments on this shirt! I'll be wearing it all year btw

Here are some shots of me leading my crew to dance Thriller!!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
erthwrm wrote:"You are a Pirate" - ( WXL)

I've gotten A LOT of compliments on this shirt! I'll be wearing it all year btw

I spy an Auburn shirt in that there crowd! hehe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Anyone got a pic of Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum! yet?

thejakeyl88

So I totally forgot to get pictures of my pirate costume on Halloween so I just got my costume together once more. The pictures didn't come out great because I have a hard enough time just trying to get it not blurry. Its heavy and those mirror shots are so hard to do and get the camera out of the way. I left them dark and tried to look as mean like a pirate as I could. Also I had some REALLY AWESOME PIRATE TEETH that went along with this, people said the best part was the teeth, they were awesome, but I broke them before I could take the pictures! It really vacuums because the teeth really completed the costume, they were custom fit and looked so real! I had my contacts out and somehow they wound up on the floor on accident and I stepped right on them

The shirt really makes the pirate costume that much better. I mean any old pirate costume has been done before, but it printed on the shirt like this just took people by surprise. Looks great!

I also threw on some Halloween temporary tattoos as well on my arm, you can't really see them in the pictures but they are ghosts and pumpkins. Anyone else dress up like a pirate? This makes 3 so far, theres got to be more woot pirates out there!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Holy pie guys! I'm so stunned by the amazingness of your pirate adventures. Those costumes look great!!

Happyrock that boat is fantastic! Is that a canon on the front? ..does it FIRE? :D Also it would be the perfect gear for trick or treat because you can store candy, he he.

Nice moves erthwrm! It looks like a lot of fun there. Very awesome costume too! :D

And duuude, thejakeyl88 you make such a badass pirate (especially the eyepatch)! Sorry about your teeth, it sounds like they were really cool. The rest of the costume looks great though, thanks for putting it all together for us. And the temp tattoos were a nice touch, *giggles*!

Thanks a lot for being pirates! I'm honored

Kodama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kodama
erthwrm wrote:

Right hip right hip right hip in OUT, left hip left hip in and ROAR!

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
tgentry wrote:Anyone got a pic of Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum! yet?

Usually they only take about a week and I know I ordered one, so in theory hopefully it'll be here tomorrow or soonish. I'll get one up as soon as it arrives.

Edited to add: According to tracking it is in my city as of yesterday afternoonish. So in theory it'll be here today.

erthwrm

Kodama wrote:Right hip right hip right hip in OUT, left hip left hip in and ROAR!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YES!!!
(do you find yourself saying the script in your head allllllll the time?)

I went to the store on Halloween and the song came on over the speakers... before I knew it i caught myself dancing in the aisle... I couldn't control it!... That's when I knew i had problem... Thriller inflicted...

I've taught it the last two years leading up to Halloween. I think I performed it 5 times on Friday alone.

anyone interested in learning Thriller?
http://www.thrilltheworld.com
GREAT resource!
(good exercise too, btw)

erthwrm

SailorButterfly wrote:I spy an Auburn shirt in that there crowd! hehe

I can't remember what his costume was originally... (but we are in TN...) llo

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
erthwrm wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YES!!!
(do you find yourself saying the script in your head allllllll the time?)

I went to the store on Halloween and the song came on over the speakers... before I knew it i caught myself dancing in the aisle... I couldn't control it!... That's when I knew i had problem... Thriller inflicted...

I've taught it the last two years leading up to Halloween. I think I performed it 5 times on Friday alone.

anyone interested in learning Thriller?
http://www.thrilltheworld.com
GREAT resource!
(good exercise too, btw)

I ran sound for one of those gatherings. It was really quite inspirational!

Carpe shirtem!

thejakeyl88

blammoed wrote:Holy pie guys! I'm so stunned by the amazingness of your pirate adventures. Those costumes look great!!

Happyrock that boat is fantastic! Is that a canon on the front? ..does it FIRE? :D Also it would be the perfect gear for trick or treat because you can store candy, he he.

Nice moves erthwrm! It looks like a lot of fun there. Very awesome costume too! :D

And duuude, thejakeyl88 you make such a badass pirate (especially the eyepatch)! Sorry about your teeth, it sounds like they were really cool. The rest of the costume looks great though, thanks for putting it all together for us. And the temp tattoos were a nice touch, *giggles*!

Thanks a lot for being pirates! I'm honored

No, thank you for making such a ridiculously awesome costume shirt! I can tell you, it made my Halloween. How does it feel to be an integral part of my Halloween costume? Heheh...

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Got my Bandolier of Carrots shirt in the mail today. Here are the pics:
Not washed or anything, just straight outta the bag:

thejakeyl88

There are so many shirts I want that I can't get, even after having 50+ woot shirts, I can't get em all!

KaylaJ

that is a sweet eye patch. i'd almost get into a bar fight to get one of those!!

johncreillyphile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncreillyphile
thejakeyl88 wrote:There are so many shirts I want that I can't get, even after having 50+ woot shirts, I can't get em all!

I can only wish that woot remembers me next time they send out a box of misprints. I have plenty of room for all those shirts and would probably have a good chance at getting one of these.

Fingers crossed! It would be such a quick and awesome way to add and increase my shirt.woot collection and photo collection. Thats like winning the woot lottery. I can win, I know it!

You won't. Guaranteed.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Alrighty, here is Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

I also got press my buttons today, but I haven't taken a picture of it. I've got quite a few newer shirts but I'll get around to it later. This one was a request.

And detailed...

tgentry

Staff

KittyPryde wrote:Alrighty, here is Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

I also got press my buttons today, but I haven't taken a picture of it. I've got quite a few newer shirts but I'll get around to it later. This one was a request.

Whoa is the green on the character really that color??? It looks kind of....off. (Oh, and thanks for posting )

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
tgentry wrote:Whoa is the green on the character really that color??? It looks kind of....off. (Oh, and thanks for posting )

no, it's darker. (Yes, I'm wearing the shirt as I type this.)

tgentry

Staff

pblgov wrote:no, it's darker. (Yes, I'm wearing the shirt as I type this.)

Oh ok. Thanks, maybe the flash just altered the appearance a bit. I'll probably get mine today and can check it out firsthand.

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday

I got Press My Buttons today...

Yes, I am wearing pink pants... but I already had them on when the shirt arrived.

Not the best I've ever looked...

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I'd like to add a couple more Fee Fie Foe Fum shirts. It really turned out great. I think it's the shadow that makes it look cool. It really looks like the little guy is dangling off my breast, which makes me giggle every time I look down.

Carpe shirtem!