mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
eHalcyon wrote:Did the dark burgundy make the design more noticeable? That was actually more what I thought you were going for. I thought you just wanted to darken the shirt, not actually turn it black.

Have a good trip!

Unfortunately, the new color only makes the design show up slightly better... Not enough to warrant the time of changing it in the first place though. It's a shame though, as I actually like the darker color. My initial idea was to get it black, but I also kinda changed my mind a bit as I started the process. This time though, I do intend to try and turn it black

Oh yeah, thank you!

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Fly Fat Bird Fly

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mixer23 wrote:Unfortunately, the new color only makes the design show up slightly better... Not enough to warrant the time of changing it in the first place though. It's a shame though, as I actually like the darker color. My initial idea was to get it black, but I also kinda changed my mind a bit as I started the process. This time though, I do intend to try and turn it black

Oh yeah, thank you!

There's no happy medium where it isn't completely black but still dark enough that the red ink shows up?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Pete1219

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Pete1219

Here's a friend of mine in:

FRIENDS ARE FOREVER

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Got my "Writer's Block" a couple days ago. It's quite bold!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
thatrobert wrote:Got my "Writer's Block" a couple days ago. It's quite bold!

Looks solid on the heather. Nice choice.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
fablefire wrote:Looks solid on the heather. Nice choice.

Thanks! I'm happy with it. Nice to have the shirt textured as a contrast to all those solid blocks of color.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner

I am way late to the party. Here's my Land of the Lost Socks shirt.

I apologize for the painful awkwardness of this photo. I am very much not a camera person.

I may be alone in this, but I'm not crazy about how it printed. Here's a close up:

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
homeschoolwinner wrote:I am way late to the party. Here's my Land of the Lost Socks shirt.

Lookin' good! I laughed when I read "painful awkwardness", but I assure you, it wasn't a bad picture in the slightest. I love the idea behind that shirt and all of the characters.

What size shirts do you wear if I might ask? I think I'm about the same size as you, but I ordered a women's medium - fits fine everywhere but it's a bit too short lengthwise when washed. I was wondering if a women's large would swallow me sideways but be long enough.

Who knows though. You probably wear like an XSmall and I'm just really bad at judging people's height and size through pictures.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
binkdrop wrote:Lookin' good! I laughed when I read "painful awkwardness", but I assure you, it wasn't a bad picture in the slightest. I love the idea behind that shirt and all of the characters.

What size shirts do you wear if I might ask? I think I'm about the same size as you, but I ordered a women's medium - fits fine everywhere but it's a bit too short lengthwise when washed. I was wondering if a women's large would swallow me sideways but be long enough.

Who knows though. You probably wear like an XSmall and I'm just really bad at judging people's height and size through pictures.

I wear a small. I could fit into an XSmall because I pretty much stopped growing at the age of 14. But I like to give myself a little buffer room, in case of shrinkage or in case I get that growth spurt I've been waiting on for the past 8 years

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

I got my Chance of Scattered Showers shirts today. Thought I'd post some photos.

It printed really well, but unfortunately they missed the layer for the doll's main color so it's invisible.

On our trademark polka dot sheets.

Modeled.

The missing doll.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Well, poop. The doll was almost the best part of the shirt. Did you notify Woot about the bad printing on it?

SuperThursday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperThursday

Brain Map.

I'm a neuroscience major, so I like this shirt a lot, despite the awkward coloring.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
cmdixon2 wrote:

Modeled.

Hey, your model looks a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer aka Sarah Michelle Gellar, heheh. Btw, I got your "Geometry Blows" yesterday (took forever to ship), and I'm really diggin' it!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
cmdixon2 wrote:I got my Chance of Scattered Showers shirts today. Thought I'd post some photos.

It printed really well, but unfortunately they missed the layer for the doll's main color so it's invisible.

Modeled.

That would be a misprint, yes? I wonder how many went out like that...

Your wife looks younger than me. It's a compliment.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
cmdixon2 wrote:I got my Chance of Scattered Showers shirts today. Thought I'd post some photos.

Oh man that's not cool that they totally missed the layer for the doll. Does stuff like that happen often? I guess I'm just surprised it would happen at all. Still looks good though, and really nice colors.

imsochady

homeschoolwinner wrote:
I apologize for the painful awkwardness of this photo. I am very much not a camera person.

Heheh, I didn't notice what you said here, but at least you smiled! I usually make weird faces, and my face has ruined hundreds of photographs, and counting.

cmdixon2

AGrant311 wrote:Well, poop. The doll was almost the best part of the shirt. Did you notify Woot about the bad printing on it?

Yeah. I emailed them about it last night. I'll let you know what I hear back.

cmdixon2

eHalcyon wrote:That would be a misprint, yes? I wonder how many went out like that...

I'm guessing all. I'd be surprised if anyone there caught it. I did probably get an earlier run though, so who knows.

Your wife looks younger than me. It's a compliment.

She's 29. She's always looked younger than her age. I'm sure she appreciates it.

cmdixon2

imsochady wrote:Hey, your model looks a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer aka Sarah Michelle Gellar, heheh. Btw, I got your "Geometry Blows" yesterday (took forever to ship), and I'm really diggin' it!

Great! Glad you like it. I do think that one printed pretty nicely.

kittennoir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittennoir

I got Katten! today. The details printed really well, but there are white lines along the edges that I don't think are supposed to be there.

SuperThursday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperThursday

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
kittennoir wrote:I got Katten! today. The details printed really well, but there are white lines along the edges that I don't think are supposed to be there.

If you're referring to the like... slightly off color box around the design, that's been a problem before, but it typically goes away with the first wash.

AGrant311

Was I one of the few, who for some strange reason, liked the "Bun Bun" shirt? Anyway, here it is, with Wiley thinking, (in Lolcat speak), "I can has cheezeburger?"

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-07-24

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
homeschoolwinner wrote:I wear a small. I could fit into an XSmall because I pretty much stopped growing at the age of 14. But I like to give myself a little buffer room, in case of shrinkage or in case I get that growth spurt I've been waiting on for the past 8 years

Hahaha... I'm waiting for the same growth spurt as you.

AGrant311 wrote:Was I one of the few, who for some strange reason, liked the "Bun Bun" shirt? Anyway, here it is, with Wiley thinking, (in Lolcat speak), "I can has cheezeburger?"

I can has cheezburger! You must watch this:D

------>CatFace

Vote!

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Sharing some of my woot shirts! would take a photo of the rest when they return from the laundry bin

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Hey! I got my first Kiwi shirts today! The print turned out great, and looks terrific on the shirt! Thanks Joel, and Barbara, and Woot!

Here it is, modeled by my oldest son.

and a close-in view of the kiwi's head:

Anyone else got it?

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple

Here I am in my kiwi shirt that I'm quite pleased with.

theclaytonator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theclaytonator
Josephus wrote:Hey! I got my first Kiwi shirts today! The print turned out great, and looks terrific on the shirt! Thanks Joel, and Barbara, and Woot!

Here it is, modeled by my oldest son.

and a close-in view of the kiwi's head:

Anyone else got it?

I got it. Need to wash it so it fits, but I love how it turned out.

One word: STAHNKE.

yodal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yodal

me in my early bird T-shirt!!

AGrant311

Here is Wiley showing off one half of "Just the Two of Us." I didn't order the other one, so somebody else will need to post it.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-08-05

offtherecord666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages offtherecord666

I've never been much for reading the WOOT! blogs, until just recently. For my love of woot! has grown! Thought Id show off a few of my amazing woot! ts; the fit is simply fantastic.

<3 ya woot! ^_^

Female brain = Sawdust + Lies.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

Friends
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=9438

With and without flash:

Please excuse the stray hairs that are dangling there.

Love this shirt, even though she looks a bit sunburnt.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

A little late, but here's cheesesandwich's Sweet Dreams are Made of These... in JAPAN!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I have to say, this shirt came out fantastic! Well worth it!
The colors in "real life" are a smidge brighter.

AGrant311

Let's see... Here is Wiley showing off TGentry's "Some BBQ." Love this one, and I know the picture doesn't show it, but I think it printed a tad crooked. Anyone else notice this? Travis?

By AGrant311 at 2009-08-14

And here is "What's Under the Bed." Yeah happy, an orange shirt. This one actually is pretty sharp.

By agrant311 at 2009-08-14

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

AGrant311 wrote:Let's see... Here is Wiley showing off TGentry's "Some BBQ." Love this one, and I know the picture doesn't show it, but I think it printed a tad crooked. Anyone else notice this? Travis?

Hey thanks for posting that! Sorry to hear it might be crooked. I haven't gotten mine yet (maybe today?) but I'll get back to you when I have.

EdwardBlake

quality posts: 15 Private Messages EdwardBlake

Well, I just got Edgarr's Air. Let me just say that it is a utterly and complete...

KICK ASS SHIRT! I know that many of you were worried that shirt.woot won't be able to print it as it is. While it does use tons of half-tones it's completely spot on! PATS ON BACK FOR YOU, WOOT!

Now, here's what you've been waiting for...

Awesome, mirite?

imsochady

EdwardBlake wrote:

Awesome, mirite?

Whoa, that is huge! I can't wait for mine coming via the smart snail mail.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
EdwardBlake wrote:Well, I just got Edgarr's Air. Let me just say that is a utterly and complete...

KICK ASS SHIRT! I know that many of you were worried that shirt.woot won't be able to print it as it. While it does use tons of half-tones it's completely spot on! PATS ON BACK FOR YOU, WOOT!

Now, here's what you've been waiting for...

Awesome, mirite?

WOW! yeah, that printed A LOT bigger than I thought it would!!! I can't wait for mine to get here.

Great job Edgar...and woot.