SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
gambit07 wrote:hey everybody! Just got Oooo Shiney in so I thought I'd post it up :D

The yellow star really stands out! hehe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
gambit07 wrote:hey everybody! Just got Oooo Shiney in so I thought I'd post it up :D

No shades this time? I feel so let down!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Ooooh Shiney actually printed larger than it looked on the screen, no?

klswoot

cheesesandwich wrote:Thanks for making that shirt look so good, Wiley! Thanks to AGrant for posting my first look at the printing. Looks great, good work, Woot.

WOW! The cupcake one printed even brighter than I expected. Really big and bright. Looks great against the black.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

wow... uh... lots of dogs since I last posted?

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
AdderXYU wrote:wow... uh... lots of dogs since I last posted?

Yes, Adder, but the dogs are all modeling the latest in Woot shirts. So therefore they are on topic for this thread.

lmarchae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lmarchae

Womens Medium - This was a lot baggier than expected! Got this in a trade.

I'm glad you like The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized-didn't really seem to fit my style that much-I picked up a MS of another shirt and it's way too big on me but the WM fits really snug most of the time-guess that shirt might be a fluke!

"Lightspeed's too slow. We'll have to go straight to...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!"

Individual items: | w: 11 | sh.w: 37 | so.w: 1 | wi.w: 6 |

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07
2thFairy wrote:No shades this time? I feel so let down!

hahaha I knooow! I guess I COULD have the glasses on, but you just couldnt see them ^_^ ... also @ Adder. There have been a LOT of animal pics recently. Not that I don't enjoy cute animals but I'd rather see the shirts on someone so you can get a feel for the sizes.. maybe thats just me though : )

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
gambit07 wrote:hahaha I knooow! I guess I COULD have the glasses on, but you just couldnt see them ^_^ ... also @ Adder. There have been a LOT of animal pics recently. Not that I don't enjoy cute animals but I'd rather see the shirts on someone so you can get a feel for the sizes.. maybe thats just me though : )

I always thought this thread was just to have some fun and get an idea of what the design looks like on the shirt. The size difference between shirts are so minute to me that I don't even think about it.

I personally do not like seeing the shirts on people, I'd rather just see the shirt, design and thats it. I'm not going to know what my shirt size will look like if I see the shirt on someone that isnt close to six foot one and my build. The dogs are pretty popular and like someone said they come here to see the shirts because the dogs are in them. Plus you get to have some fun while checking out the latest woot shirts and really get a feel for that design and color. My two cents, anyway.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni

Dusty Keys
My daughters purchase - in women's medium - impressed with how it turned out tho...

And a close up on the graphic:

Is a little washed out in the photo on this laptop screen - looked better on the desktop - if the cards don't look beige to you, picture it a little darker :-)

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07

wow that turned out great! :D

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
boni wrote:Dusty Keys
My daughters purchase - in women's medium - impressed with how it turned out tho...

I'm impressed too. The black on brown does look very visible. Please let us know your experience with it under different lighting conditions!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

thejakeyl88

boni wrote:Dusty Keys

And a close up on the graphic:

Is a little washed out in the photo on this laptop screen - looked better on the desktop - if the cards don't look beige to you, picture it a little darker :-)

That actually printed smaller than I thought it would, and the brown accents and keys look a little brighter than I imagined. Mine should be in within a few days. I got four shirts coming Monday, then this a day or two later. Wooohoo. The cards look awesome on that shirt, too....

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Rocky Raccoon, (wrinkly) Iceberg Ahead, and Suburban Blitzkrieg...

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Dusty Keys turned out good. I'm glad the guns show up. I was a little worried about that.

eHalcyon

Is that your son, tg? He looks adorable.

klswoot

eHalcyon wrote:Is that your son, tg? He looks adorable.

I think that's his daughter. He's talked about her before.

tgentry

Staff

klswoot wrote:I think that's his daughter. He's talked about her before.

No it's my son. I don't have a daughter...yet anyway.

klswoot

tgentry wrote:No it's my son. I don't have a daughter...yet anyway.

Adorable! Sorry for the mistaken identity! I remember seeing a picture of you and your SON at the beach and he was wearing a sun cap. The sun cap made me think it was a girl. (But, then again, I may have the child at the beach confused with another wooter's child.)

You both are adorable! He looks a lot like you! (Great shirts, too!)

LarryLars

quality posts: 67 Private Messages LarryLars

Thanks for posting the pic of Rocky Raccoon! Hope this will generate more sales.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

I just got my shirts today, they turned out pretty cool.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

3 recent shirts:

Shirt.woot birthday shirt:

Edgar's The Nation inside my Head is in my Mouth:

Cho's Midnight Rider aka Rocky Raccoon:

And as an aside - if you use flickr too, you can add your pics to this shirt.woot photo pool. It needs an influx of new faces!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

thejakeyl88

Voices in my head just arrived. I love it! Sorry for the wrinkles.

That Dusty Keys shirt looks great, well, they all do, by the way!

^ the white on the face is just from the envelope, just in case anyone wonders if the black was too light.

P.S. The dark spot is actually some black felt like material that was on the inside that came right off and the mark wasnt on the outside, so its perfect again.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
tgentry wrote:No it's my son. I don't have a daughter...yet anyway.

Aww, both of you are too cute. Also, TG, you are now officially a member of the Nerdy-Awesome Glasses of Woot Club. I'll be sending you the newsletter.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
thejakeyl88 wrote:Voices in my head just arrived. Complete with extra black mark at no extra cost! (hopefully it comes out in the wash, looks like it might.) Other than that its a damn good shirt, I love it! Sorry for the wrinkles.

That Dusty Keys shirt looks great, well, they all do, by the way!

^ the white on the face is just from the envelope, just in case anyone wonders if the black was too light.

Could you post a pic of the entire shirt? I'm interested to see what it looks like as a whole. Sadly I have not recieved mine yet.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I have to start off thanking Woot for the lovely free overnight shipping for these two shirts!

Now, on to the shirts!

First, geekfactor's lovely Frenchman claiming a whale in the name of France. Hey... it happens:

This shirt helped me pick my nose earlier today.

Buy it!! You wonderful Wooters

My only problem with the shirt is how the French man came out:

Now, on to Redcoulter's lovely shirt, printed beautifully.. you really should buy it.
Sorry so blurry!

I love how the bunny turned out; all fuzzy-like

Hope you enjoyed and buy! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

nautikal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nautikal

Here are some pictures of Going Bananas...

tgentry

Staff

Another pic of Going Bananas. The colors look perfect...

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Suh-WEET! Thanks for posting these nautikal; I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and it's nice to know the design printed well

edit: AND thanks tgentry! Modeled by my own sweet sis too...tell her I said her melons look great in my bananas, <giggle, snort!>

soothedbyrainfall.net

eHalcyon

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Suh-WEET! Thanks for posting these nautikal; I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and it's nice to know the design printed well

edit: AND thanks tgentry! Modeled by my own sweet sis too...tell her I said her melons look great in my bananas, <giggle, snort!>

Woot family connections?

I can't wait for my bananas to arrive...

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I have not been up with the buying, but did receive this today...

The Greasy Grasp Of God

YAY TACO!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
tgentry wrote:Another pic of Going Bananas. The colors look perfect...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about you looks different in this picture...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
eHalcyon wrote:Woot family connections?

I can't wait for my bananas to arrive...

This is how I hope it happened:

SBR and TG were both awesome designers on this website that shall remain unnamed. One day SBR showed the derby entries to her sister and said, "Sis, this guy makes awesome shirts, and I think he's the one you are destined to marry." So SBR put "Sis" on a plane to Washington, Sis showed up on TG's doorstep, and it was love at first woot.

But really, this was all a sinister plan by SBR to breed attractive shirt designers, so that she can one day rule that which is known as online t-shirt design competitions while also having them as models for her work. So far it's working, but we're on to you, SBR, we are on to you.

I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bananas. Maybe they'll come with my marbles.

tgentry

Staff

SailorButterfly wrote:I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about you looks different in this picture...

The flash was on, which always makes my chest look bigger. And more feminine. ;)

tgentry

Staff

ansharp wrote:This is how I hope it happened:

SBR and TG were both awesome designers on this website that shall remain unnamed. One day SBR showed the derby entries to her sister and said, "Sis, this guy makes awesome shirts, and I think he's the one you are destined to marry." So SBR put "Sis" on a plane to Washington, Sis showed up on TG's doorstep, and it was love at first woot.

But really, this was all a sinister plan by SBR to breed attractive shirt designers, so that she can one day rule that which is known as online t-shirt design competitions while also having them as models for her work. So far it's working, but we're on to you, SBR, we are on to you.

I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my bananas. Maybe they'll come with my marbles.

Secretive shirt designer breeding, it's like something out of the X-files! And I fell right into the conspiracy.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
tgentry wrote:Secretive shirt designer breeding, it's like something out of the X-files! And I fell right into the conspiracy.

So wait....tgentry and twallis are brothers-in-law?! Did I know that already? I don't think I did.

soothedbyrainfall

ansharp wrote:This is how I hope it happened:

shan24 wrote:So wait....tgentry and twallis are brothers-in-law?! Did I know that already? I don't think I did.

Curses! My plot has been discovered! xD

Well, what actually happened is twallis, tgentry and I all went to the same art college. My sister was living with me when I met twallis at a bar (classy, right?) and she met tgentry shortly thereafter at the candy store they both worked in (very Leader of the Pack, but without the tragic ending). Several years later twallis discovered the woot photoshop contest, tgentry and I found out about it through him, then along came shirt.woot...and that's about it really.

Oh yeah, somewhere during that time twallis married me and tgentry married sis and we had kids who have already begun rigorous tshirt designing training for the 2016 Derbylympic games.

(MWAH-HA-HA)

soothedbyrainfall.net

klswoot

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Curses! My plot has been discovered! xD

Well, what actually happened is twallis, tgentry and I all went to the same art college. My sister was living with me when I met twallis at a bar (classy, right?) and she met tgentry shortly thereafter at the candy store they both worked in (very Leader of the Pack, but without the tragic ending). Several years later twallis discovered the woot photoshop contest, tgentry and I found out about it through him, then along came shirt.woot...and that's about it really.

Oh yeah, somewhere during that time twallis married me and tgentry married sis and we had kids who have already begun rigorous tshirt designing training for the 2016 Derbylympic games.

(MWAH-HA-HA)

Ahhhh..now the connections all make sense. How fun it must have been to all be in school together. Any pictures with all 3 of you from 'back then'?

soothedbyrainfall

klswoot wrote:Ahhhh..now the connections all make sense. How fun it must have been to all be in school together. Any pictures with all 3 of you from 'back then'?

Actually we weren't really in school at the same time. I graduated about 8 months before I met TW who'd transferred from another school and TG was a few years behind us being a young'un and all.

There might be pics somewhere but I'd have to dig 'em out. The earliest pic I can think of off the top of my head that includes us all is from my wedding.

soothedbyrainfall.net

tgentry

Staff

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Actually we weren't really in school at the same time. I graduated about 8 months before I met TW who'd transferred from another school and TG was a few years behind us being a young'un and all.

There might be pics somewhere but I'd have to dig 'em out. The earliest pic I can think of off the top of my head that includes us all is from my wedding.

I have some pics, and I want cash money not to post them! We were all in school at the same time actually, we just didn't know each other then.