cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
CapSea wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if CMDixon designed it too. He seems talented enough.

Ha! She would never let me "design" her hair. I can't say I can blame her. BTW, she said she would trade any of you with straight hair in a second.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
thatrobert wrote:Wow, that came out very realistic looking!

odd, i can't see it now. here is the uploaded version still on camera. if anyone wants a better shot i can pull out the real camera and do better:

it really did come out very nicely, the silver of the otter just brings it out so well and the white of the water is a nice warming glow look. a shame it was chopped so quickly

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
cmdixon2 wrote:Ha! She would never let me "design" her hair. I can't say I can blame her. BTW, she said she would trade any of you with straight hair in a second.

Hahaha! Alright, we'll schedule the hair swap for next week. I'm game

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Here are my two recent purchases. First up: a recent [not so] favorite of my community chum Adder's, Be My Chum which has sadly been flushed down the Reckoning toilet and down to the sewers where it will grow into a huge monster and consume us all in the next Random Tee sale. >:3

Next is Akkorokamui-san which has just given my spell-checker a heart attack. (I apologize for the poor picture quaility--it's my cell phone, since my camera died). The blue in the squid monster really stands out on the tee; it's pretty.

I got a lot of smiles when I wore Be My Chum (mostly little kid smiles, granted, but...). Let's see if Akkorokamui-san will garner equal attention when I wear it on Sunday. :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

cjupiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

(disregard)

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
cmdixon2 wrote:I think I'm the only one who posts in here anymore. How embarrassing!

now, don't feel bad - I've posted tons in here lately too

Drakxxx's wonderful Monster Hunter. I really needed more brown in my closet, especially with fall coming soon. It looks really great.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

For anyone interested in the shirt, 'sabertooth can haz cheezburger' printed differently than intended. It appears all of the yellow texture on the cat is missing, and much of the brown texture on the cat... as well a lot of the shirt color that should have been peeking through all the colors isn't there.
It doesn't look bad, but it's not how I intended it so I hope people buying it still like it.

The larger men's shirt printed sharp, however the women's and kid's shirt (much smaller image) appeared to print off a little - seems like the screens weren't exactly lined up, some texture went where the outlines are.

So, while I know a lot of people liked this art style I tried, I guess it's not so printable, at least not the way I did it:/ Bummed because I spent several evenings trying to make it as print-ready as possible maintaining its look.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
jasneko wrote:For anyone interested in the shirt, 'sabertooth can haz cheezburger' printed differently than intended. It appears all of the yellow texture on the cat is missing, and much of the brown texture on the cat... as well a lot of the shirt color that should have been peeking through all the colors isn't there.
It doesn't look bad, but it's not how I intended it so I hope people buying it still like it.

The larger men's shirt printed sharp, however the women's and kid's shirt (much smaller image) appeared to print off a little - seems like the screens weren't exactly lined up, some texture went where the outlines are.

So, while I know a lot of people liked this art style I tried, I guess it's not so printable, at least not the way I did it:/ Bummed because I spent several evenings trying to make it as print-ready as possible maintaining its look.

sorry jas. =\ it does look a lot different. my little sis an her b/f each bought one and i know they still love them. it's a inside joke for them more than an internet meme, so i knew they'd love them.

Happy Beer.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Jestik wrote:now, don't feel bad - I've posted tons in here lately too

Drakxxx's wonderful Monster Hunter. I really needed more brown in my closet, especially with fall coming soon. It looks really great.

I was on the fence about this one, but picked one up on the strength of your pic. Wish more people would contribute to this thread.

edit: Better yet, why doesn't woot just put up pictures after the first day of sale? Even if it was only inside of the thread and it was some random woot staffer modeling, it would be a big help.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
IndependentVik wrote:I was on the fence about this one, but picked one up on the strength of your pic. Wish more people would contribute to this thread.

edit: Better yet, why doesn't woot just put up pictures after the first day of sale? Even if it was only inside of the thread and it was some random woot staffer modeling, it would be a big help.

Plus then we'd get to see all the sexy Woot staffers. Bonus!

cclizacf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cclizacf
cmdixon2 wrote:

I think I'm the only one who posts in here anymore. How embarrassing!

I plan to join you in your posting!
I have made a mental note to start posting pictures on this board to help it come back to life. I really enjoy other people's pictures, so I will start contributing! Though I haven't bought any new shirts for a couple weeks.. I am expecting a few reckonings from yesterdays shirt.woot sale. I will post pictures of them anyway! :]

jasneko

jabberjaws13 wrote:sorry jas. =\ it does look a lot different. my little sis an her b/f each bought one and i know they still love them. it's a inside joke for them more than an internet meme, so i knew they'd love them.

Yeah it sure does:/ It doesn't look bad - I could have very well designed it like this - but I don't want people unhappy they are getting something different than they thought. Arrrrr! Well, thanks for that jabber, I'm glad 2 people still love them!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
jasneko wrote:Yeah it sure does:/ It doesn't look bad - I could have very well designed it like this - but I don't want people unhappy they are getting something different than they thought. Arrrrr! Well, thanks for that jabber, I'm glad 2 people still love them!

Have you contacted woot about the issue? They may have simply forgot to screen a color in one of the print runs. I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Missed oversight isn't exactly a rarity here.

jabberjaws13

Jestik wrote:now, don't feel bad - I've posted tons in here lately too

i didn't realize the print would be so big.

.....off to purchase now....

Happy Beer.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

jasneko

mrwednesday wrote:Have you contacted woot about the issue? They may have simply forgot to screen a color in one of the print runs. I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Missed oversight isn't exactly a rarity here.

I did actually (also asking what I could have done better), and I just got an extremely detailed reply on what may have happened, what I should keep in mind when designing and what they could have done to help it print properly... as well, when the printer who did this shirt gets back from vacation on Monday they are going to look at it again and see if they can make some adjustments to create better versions for future prints and anyone concerned with the print.
I am impressed!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
jasneko wrote:I did actually (also asking what I could have done better), and I just got an extremely detailed reply on what may have happened, what I should keep in mind when designing and what they could have done to help it print properly... as well, when the printer who did this shirt gets back from vacation on Monday they are going to look at it again and see if they can make some adjustments to create better versions for future prints and anyone concerned with the print.
I am impressed!

Perhaps you can post that information, for the benefit of some of the other artists?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
odysseyroc wrote:Perhaps you can post that information, for the benefit of some of the other artists?

i bet it's "slip the printer a couple of 20s"

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
IndependentVik wrote:I was on the fence about this one, but picked one up on the strength of your pic. Wish more people would contribute to this thread.

thanks Vik! and very good idea - I think it would create a more realistic representation of how the shirt looks once printed, and how it will fit on a human body. Most other sites do this.

jabberjaws13 wrote:i didn't realize the print would be so big.

.....off to purchase now....

you won't be disappointed, I've already worn mine a second time

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

keep us updated jasneko, mine is MM and kinda the same way. still a neat print no doubt, but the cat is too bright and the same color as its eyes.

edit: ugh, the picture isn't working for me, but its a phone shot and when i tried with the camera with a flash it was the same thing, so it'd just be a repeat

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

My "Coffee Stain Cats" showed up today and I'm very pleased with the print! The colors came out exactly as I'd imagined, however, I don't think my camera captured the colors well. Here are a couple of shots.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Andy47240 wrote:

Whoa, that shirt tag in your image doesn't say 12X does it?! Thought they only went up to 3X. Clearly I'm mis-seeing something.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
sTyLeS wrote:Whoa, that shirt tag in your image doesn't say 12X does it?! Thought they only went up to 3X. Clearly I'm mis-seeing something.

I believe it's a 2x with a little man next to it . Men's sizes always have the man and women's the woman.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
missmissa07 wrote:I believe it's a 2x with a little man next to it .

... so ... the tag says his man-thing is extra large?

and by man-thing, i mean

missmissa07

no1 wrote:... so ... the tag says his man-thing is extra large?

and by man-thing, i mean

Haha, totally. That's it 100% :D

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Also, not from Woot but I just got my Tilteed shirts and they are pretty excellent, so I felt like putting them here to bump this thread.

From now on I'll remember to post the Woot shirts right after I get them, but I haven't bought any in a few months, so there is nothing to post right now.

Edit: Not sure why it keeps deleting itself, but if the link doesn't work, go here:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5085226374_9a39b39be3.jpg

orcadiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orcadiver

I was so excited to get my Nyctophobia shirt that I ordered overnight and got it at school today! Here is the detail pic with my actual camera.

It really is a dark navy, but it can change depending on the light as shown by my funky webcam:

The actual color is like the first one though. Please buy this shirt, it's a shame that it has less than 1k sales! I hope I can help a few people in deciding to buy it. Keep up the awesomeness, DianaSprinkle.

Edit: I just realized my webcam mirrors images...huh!

jasneko

Just a followup on Sabertooth Can Haz Cheezburger...

Woot did try some different printing techniques etc, improved the print and sent me replacements where more of the other colors in the texture showed up. Much better. Pretty neat!

odysseyroc wrote:Perhaps you can post that information, for the benefit of some of the other artists?

I actually asked them right away after you asked if I could post some of the information they wrote about things to keep in mind for printing, and the printer replied that the color separator and art director would try and prepare something more clear/concise about it and he'd try to get approval to post in the forums. Still waiting on them, but if they send it I will post it!

KaylaJ wrote:
keep us updated jasneko, mine is MM and kinda the same way. still a neat print no doubt, but the cat is too bright and the same color as its eyes.

Hey KaylaJ... well glad you still find the neat print! It's not bad at all, just different with the colors and textures. They did say they were printing all future orders at that time with the new print and would also send replacements with the new printing to anyone who asked, so maybe they'd still do it for you

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

I wondered if anyone had gotten rogerrogerroger's 'Spooked', that they could show us. I was curious as to how that printed - it was SO dark.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
orcadiver wrote:I was so excited to get my Nyctophobia shirt that I ordered overnight and got it at school today! Here is the detail pic with my actual camera.

Whooo, thanks for posting the photos! It looks so nice on a person. =D I'm really pleased with the way it came out, it printed almost exactly like the mock-up and looks really good.

The last image is just to show less shine on the dark brown color of the bat so you can see what it really looks like. Like I said I had a hard time taking a good photo. =D

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Really proud how this one came out. Good job woot! It will probably drop off the reckoning soon since halloween has come and passed.

Oops. Had an image link buttafuoco...

Lisa007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lisa007

Someone suggested to post here, where more people would see. This is Fear of the Dark (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=16204)

I'm a bit disappointed. Red splotches on her legs, the gray is way darker on the actual tee. Random white spots on the wolf, the red outline is almost COMPLETELY missing on the wolf, and the trees. I was impressed with the design, but not the tee It's no where near as crisp. Woot says they will send me a replacement, so I will post new pics when it gets here.

I know the pictures in this post aren't great, but you can get the general idea

the shirt is a womens XL:

closeup of the red splotches

lack of red outlines in trees

barely any basket detail

wolf random white splotches, no red outline on most of it

shirt on

Lisa007

Noticed this one is in the danger zone, great shirt, thought I'd share and help it stay up there

Peanut Butter and Jealousy

(click for larger view)

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25

I wanted to share! I got both shirts in the mail today, the first is Deep Cover:

On me (its a little big, but I always shrink them):

And flat:

I think this printed really well, and it looks great on the heather grey shirt :-)

The second is Autumn Aviary:

On me:

And almost flat:

The colors look great on this one, although as someone said in the shirt thread the super awesome marker texture did not print.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

missmissa07

katfin25 wrote:
On me:

The colors look great on this one, although as someone said in the shirt thread the super awesome marker texture did not print.

Excellent! I'm excited to get mine in the next few days. The print is much larger than I was expecting, which is really good because I was hoping it would be bigger

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
missmissa07 wrote:Excellent! I'm excited to get mine in the next few days. The print is much larger than I was expecting, which is really good because I was hoping it would be bigger

I agree, I really like how it stretches up towards the top of the shirt instead of sitting completely in the lower quadrant like I was expecting! :-)

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

jabberjaws13

Lisa007 wrote:Noticed this one is in the danger zone, great shirt, thought I'd share and help it stay up there

Peanut Butter and Jealousy

(click for larger view)

i am depressed by this image. the design on your shirt fills the chest region. on a big guy like me the design is a lot smaller in comparison to the size of the shirt. i wish it had been bigger, but i still love the shirt.

Happy Beer.

Lisa007

jabberjaws13 wrote:i am depressed by this image. the design on your shirt fills the chest region. on a big guy like me the design is a lot smaller in comparison to the size of the shirt. i wish it had been bigger, but i still love the shirt.

If I understand it right they use the same size (template?) for the mens shirts regardless of size, and then the same size template for the kids and womens shirts regardless of size.
So the smaller the shirt, the bigger the design looks, I would think. This was a mens medium. I tried a couple of womens XL in other designs, but I was unhappy with the smaller design, plus I think the mens M fits my figure better.

What size shirt did you get?

Lisa007

Just got my replacement Fear of the Dark shirt today (by 2 day fed ex, which was awesome) It looks MUUUUCCCCH better with the design. The skin rash is gone, the wolf is outlined in red, the trees are outlined as they're supposed to be. Again, this is a womens XL

sorry for the poor lighting, it's hard to get the true to life brightness accurately on an iphone. The actual shirt background is not that bright.

flat close up

(click for larger view)

What it looks like on

(click for larger view)

comparison
Old one is on the right

(click for larger view)

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
katfin25 wrote:On me:

I noticed also that the lemon blank is rather thin... which is frustrating. I'd love to use the lighter colors more but I'm not so excited about making a shirt on a thin shirt blank that I can't wear. =/