bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
goldenthorn wrote:I received Pirate (space)Ship today. It's beautiful, though surprisingly somewhat of a small print on the WXL. I know women's shirts get smaller prints, but I can't say that I've ever before noticed the difference between sale-page mockup and the printed shirt like I do here. It's not much of a criticism, though, since the design itself is still great. It's just not as large and like-three-wolf-moon-type-shirts-but-actually-cool as I expected it to be. Hells, I even ordered a size up because I like my large design print shirts to be a tad oversized so that the design drapes nicely over the chest. Sigh. Wait, I sound like I'm unhappy with the shirt--I'm not! It's a really cool shirt and I am happy that I purchased it! I think I may wear it on my next outing to the Planetarium, even. Well... maybe not. That'd be a little on the nose. So I'll just wear it normally. But proudly! Because it's a great, dreamy, romantic design. Oh, shut up, goldenthorn.

I posted a thread recently about making the women's prints bigger. Now that the blanks are bigger, it seems sort of unfair that the ladies get tiny, shriveled, meager prints, hahaha. Blow it up, guys! :D

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bassanimation wrote:I posted a thread recently about making the women's prints bigger. Now that the blanks are bigger, it seems sort of unfair that the ladies get tiny, shriveled, meager prints, hahaha. Blow it up, guys! :D

Passing this on to the peeps in the know. I have no idea why they wouldn't be the same size!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

Here is All Sails Ahead by Patrickspens. It printed quite better than I thought it would, but a poster would do it more justice.

Bilyum it up all day long!

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I received my I Heart Math Pullover Hoodie today!

Based on the sale page image I expected the Hoodie to be a little lighter.(like more green and a bit less grayish)

Super comfy though! I definitely recommend.

Edit: Oh and for those interested in size I usually get a MM for a shirt. This is a ML in pullover hoodie. It more slouchy this way and not so fitted. But not overly oversized. I like them slouchy. :D

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

For Pi day it was a toss-up. Tastes like Excel, or....

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

The one trick pony - only 613 shirts in the wild.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
goldenthorn wrote:I received Pirate (space)Ship today. It's beautiful, though surprisingly somewhat of a small print on the WXL. I know women's shirts get smaller prints, but I can't say that I've ever before noticed the difference between sale-page mockup and the printed shirt like I do here. It's not much of a criticism, though, since the design itself is still great. It's just not as large and like-three-wolf-moon-type-shirts-but-actually-cool as I expected it to be. Hells, I even ordered a size up because I like my large design print shirts to be a tad oversized so that the design drapes nicely over the chest. Sigh. Wait, I sound like I'm unhappy with the shirt--I'm not! It's a really cool shirt and I am happy that I purchased it! I think I may wear it on my next outing to the Planetarium, even. Well... maybe not. That'd be a little on the nose. So I'll just wear it normally. But proudly! Because it's a great, dreamy, romantic design. Oh, shut up, goldenthorn.

This is so cool, I entered this thread just by curiosity and saw my design

I noticed this too when a friend of mine bought one for her. She is a WS and when her shirt arrived I was very surprised on how small the print was. My shirts, XL & L look very good and the print size is perfect. Glad you liked the shirt as much as I enjoyed designing it Here is a picture of my men's large:

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

Here is Captain Green Beard. The details of the parrot are beautiful, and the contrast on the night sky is sweet. Buy it on the reckoning before it's gone next week.

Bilyum it up all day long!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

So! I bought Troubled Waters on its first day of sale. Chose free shipping and... MAGIC! The shirt arrived yesterday! Wore it today. It is AWESOME. Very seriously and emphatically a special sharky shortbus of uber-archi-coolness.

I took some pictures just now. But pictures of the shirt on me. Because I'm wearing it. And I've got too many beers to drink and too much Borderlands 2 to play to bother with taking the shirt off and laying it flat and taking nice, properly lit pictures for the handful of you forum-ers who'll actually see this.

But those of you who do see this and haven't yet bought the shirt? BUY IT MEOW. It is charming and silly and totally an existential ballad about the zero-sum brain-battle between the false yet persistent Realities of Now, Is, and Being. Just, you know... #WINNING!!1!1

(The first photo is most accurate as to colour. Oh, and it's a MS, for print-size comparison/knowledge purposes.)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Goldenthorn, I am nominating your description of Troubled Waters for Post of the Week.

(Glad to see Trouble Waters printed so well - and happy to hear how much you enjoy it!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

elthewolfesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elthewolfesq

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
goldenthorn wrote:So! I bought Troubled Waters on its first day of sale. Chose free shipping and... MAGIC! The shirt arrived yesterday! Wore it today. It is AWESOME. Very seriously and emphatically a special sharky shortbus of uber-archi-coolness.

I took some pictures just now. But pictures of the shirt on me. Because I'm wearing it. And I've got too many beers to drink and too much Borderlands 2 to play to bother with taking the shirt off and laying it flat and taking nice, properly lit pictures for the handful of you forum-ers who'll actually see this.

But those of you who do see this and haven't yet bought the shirt? BUY IT MEOW. It is charming and silly and totally an existential ballad about the zero-sum brain-battle between the false yet persistent Realities of Now, Is, and Being. Just, you know... #WINNING!!1!1

(The first photo is most accurate as to colour. Oh, and it's a MS, for print-size comparison/knowledge purposes.)

Your writing/posting ability alone makes me want to marry you. Nicely done. And thanks for the pics. I'm seriously considering buying that shirt now.

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy

It makes me sad that I had to go digging for this post, which used to always be on the front page of the forums! Anyway, here's my long sleeved Click or Treat from the Hallowoot side sale. In case anybody is wondering about size, I used to wear the WXL in the old style, I now wear WM. I bought this in a medium. The sleeves are a bit long, but the stretchy cuffs keep them in place.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
laurafoy wrote:It makes me sad that I had to go digging for this post, which used to always be on the front page of the forums!

No kidding.
After a few printing missteps, I was so pleased with my BotG shirt, I had to share.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
inkycatz wrote:Passing this on to the peeps in the know. I have no idea why they wouldn't be the same size!

I suggest printing kids and smalls with the "women's size", and printing mediums and up with the "men's size". Seems to make more sense. (Plus, a LOT of women are buying MS these days - myself included - and the "mens size" print is just awful on the MS blank.)

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

This is all about the women's sizing, but I'm putting it here because I'm wary about posting pics in other threads.

--------

I'm more than a little confused by the sizing chart. I'm busty and NOT skinny, and I always found the AA women's blanks a good close fit (the WXL). I saw the Anvil were supposed to be larger and got a WL the first time I ordered Anvil and it was decidedly too small.

I think the AA just has a lot of stretch to it? Otherwise I'm baffled.

Okay, I've gained weight, hush. The point is the *relative* fit.

The Anvil WL, in which I feel like a sausage (no stretch, difficulty putting on--I don't actually wear this out):

The AA WXL, which feels comfy, is stretchy, and goes on easy:

The sides of the AA extending beyond the Anvil:

Yes, the AA has been laundered a couple times, but this difference was already there when it was new. The Anvil never has been laundered.

I realize this isn't a WXL/WXL comparison, but my point is this already contradicts the sizing chart. I think you should have no hesitation in buying WXL.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ClaudiaM wrote:Otherwise I'm baffled.

My memory is that Cranes Nouveau only printed on AA in adult sizes. Would you be willing to take a glance at the garment tag and see if it says "Made in USA" or "Made in Honduras"? If your Cranes Nouveau is actually an AA WL, that would explain why it feels tighter than an AA WXL...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

Am I the only one wearing the Four Little Ponies of the Apocalypse today??

lonelypond

quality posts: 464 Private Messages lonelypond

Too long since this thread popped up. And time for a shout out to the printers. I'd been a little worried about my Declaration of Independence hoodie but quite pleased with how well it turned out. All the details very clear, I love the flowers on the side of the frame.

Need a New Year's Resolution? Resolve to read In The Bleak December ; )

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Who loves fuzzy off-lit cell-cam photos of awesome woot designs??!? Well, since I already know your answer is "we all love and crave them, goldenthorn--especially when they're posted by you(<3!!!)," I have generously chosen to bestow upon ye a choice quality cut of late nite low-pixelled design titillation. Behold the hooded grainy glory of my Thing That Scoots and mourn ye of its Absurdist absence upon thine own cold and envious breast! I AM MOST EMBRACINGLY ATTIRED IN EXCELLENT STYLE AND COLOURS, INDEED, AND YOU SHALL ADMIRE ME FOR IT.

Oh, look at that--my mirror is smudged riiiiight... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... here^. I should clean that, huh.