jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Inspired by B52's Rock Lobster

It brings me great shame to see this is up again revived from its loserdom to once again experience the same fate.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Energizing Bunnies

@Shigwarm - Thanks! I'm happy that Woot selected something of mine that was relatively popular in its own derby. Many other designers weren't so fortunate.

@theinfinityloop - I hope everyone else who voted before does too.

@eyeslikesugar - Doesn't seem likely bug fingers crossed!

@WarholBot - Thanks. It means a lot coming from a great designer such as yourself.

@tattooedbear - I love your enthusiasm!

@soulxside - Danke. I wouldn't call the fogged designs "muddy line art" by any means, but I definitely appreciate your support.

Thanks for the great initial response. There are so many great entries in this derby; I'm honoured to even be close to the top ten.

Mug Bunny loves you all!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jimiyo wrote:naw eHalycon, i used smokescreens and mirrors, sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
A neat filter called India Ink, from Flaming Pear. Sorry, Im not that meticulous.

This design is out of the race anyways. Sold to client.

Well, I still think you *could* have done it. Congrats on the sale!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

soulxside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside
eHalcyon wrote:@Shigwarm - Thanks! I'm happy that Woot selected something of mine that was relatively popular in its own derby. Many other designers weren't so fortunate.

**Danke. I wouldn't call the fogged designs "muddy line art" by any means, but I definitely appreciate your support.

Thanks for the great initial response. There are so many great entries in this derby; I'm honoured to even be close to the top ten.

Mug Bunny loves you all!

Hey - the artwork in the fogged shirts is all fantastic - don't get me wrong. I just think they all look a little same-y and I'd rather see something colorful and fun - like this.

mdwarren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdwarren

i love this shirt almost as i love toast!! i want one!

mdwarren

Re: FREEDOM! THE END OF TORTUOUS TOASTER TYRANNY

i love this shirt almost as much as i love toast! i want one!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
DYags wrote:proud to say my vote bumped the raccoon out of the fog and this beautiful shirt in!

Heh, in and out, in and out.... It's pretty exciting to see this near the top. Thanks to everyone for the votes and encouragement! Here's hoping for the best!

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
jimiyo wrote:It brings me great shame to see this is up again revived from its loserdom to once again experience the same fate.

*patpatpat*
It's ok, you still have a chance, after all, it's a week of voting, and then you still have Ed. Choice after that. And I'd probably buy this somewhere else even if it didn't get printed here, because this is awesome.

ieatrulers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ieatrulers
sleemo wrote:This is so great.

Why isn't this winning

mdwarren

Re: Rampage Salad

sniffle...rampage was my favorite nintendo game. thanks for the memories!!!!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
afb264 wrote:If this doesn't win, I'm praying that it ends up as an editor's pick, because this is my favorite out of the whole bunch

I didn't even think about it, but that would be really, really cool.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Summertime

This has long been one of my wife's favorites. (Right after my own designs, of course!) Good to see it doing well. gmv -- again.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: The Summer-ai

Amazing then, amazing now. Still gets/has my vote.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

coachferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachferrell
JustJiggles wrote:Forget the pirate, is that a beaver? Fantastic!!!

I asked the same thing the first go round, it is a cute critter representing all the big family critter movies (ex- Open Season)

keith5885

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keith5885

This is great! Hillarious. I would wear it.

Squanderdalfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squanderdalfast
Re: Oooo Shiney!

Please, vote for this.

mdwarren

Re: 1981

video killed the radio star. nice.

mdwarren

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

dekonstruct, I love your style. This is one of my favorites of yours.

hunterkiller25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterkiller25

Man i want it

ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad
Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

Perhaps Woot could just give tgentry his own store? He currently has at least three in the top six, all of them worthy for sure.

Kitsuneko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kitsuneko
Re: Bambi Tells Me Things

If you don't get this made into a shirtwoot-

take it to cafepress and I'll buy one from you. <3

mck367

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mck367
uhhuhhuhhuh wrote:Hehe. Somebody said the same thing in the energy derby. Somebody else argued back that the cell was like a gas station and the mitochondria are the individual pumps. As long as you like it and voted, I'm happy.

Ah, I see your perspective... that's a good way at looking at it too. But then who would be the cars in that interpretation. ATP isn't transported intracellularly so the "cell gas stations" won't have any customers. BTW, what are you doing at UT Austin? Are you a student there?

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Meowbot 3000

Awesome! GMV!

lucky1988

Re: Going Bananas

fantastic! gmv

poopcrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poopcrap
Re: Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

awesome design very coooooooool vote!!!!!!!!!

lucky1988

Re: alpha-betting

soo good! gmv!

carmicha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmicha
Re: Cheese Dreams

Cheese dreams, go on when i close my eyes
Every second of the night
I live another life
Cheese dreams that sleep when it's cold outside
etc.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Heart of the Community - Dark

Yay! I wasn't expecting this one to be in the running! Votes please!

Patchitect

Re: Water Cycle

Awesome,...

I know a couple of folks who wanted this one.. Dont let them down!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
Re: Color Blast

This is awesome! What derby is this from? Before my time here I guess. This is right up my alley. GMV

kaligoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaligoose

It's hard to tell where the shirt ends and the background of the comp image begins... this almost had my vote if I knew the placement.

pewpewpew.

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
uhhuhhuhhuh wrote:Thanks Boni! I haven't been able to really check out this derby because of a training thing at UT in Austin, so I appreciate you posting my old description. You know you have the best job ever when you get paid to go play with Legos for a week. If any woot staff are paying attention, you guys really have to sell Lego's NXT Mindstorm kits...so much fun.

You're welcome! Remembered you said you had to play with Lego this week and didn't know if you'd have access... and thought your description ought to be here. Glad you made it online... and into the hotness! There is hope for this shirt yet... (and still jealous about the Lego).

kaligoose

phunkygrl wrote:I like this shirt... I don't like black.

I don't know if it could have worked on any other color than black... Got my vote.

pewpewpew.

kaligoose

I agree with the other two... It makes me really happy inside, and I don't even like yellow... hehe. I'd buy it too, and it's got my vote here.

pewpewpew.

Patchitect

Re: WhumpaThumpa Wangolator

Woot!! this was my favorite by far.. kids even collaborated on it..

lets not disappoint them!

aisidoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aisidoro
johncreillyphile wrote:IMO, If it wasn't for Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, this would be the worst Beatles song. Yay or Nay?

Rocky Raccoon is one of my favorite Beatles songs. I'd probably go with Revolution 9 as the worst Beatles song ever, if you want to even call it a song.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh
mck367 wrote:Ah, I see your perspective... that's a good way at looking at it too. But then who would be the cars in that interpretation. ATP isn't transported intracellularly so the "cell gas stations" won't have any customers. BTW, what are you doing at UT Austin? Are you a student there?

Your biology is stronger than mine! Hehe. No, I'm not a student there, I'm computer teacher in South Texas. There was a week long training seminar there given by DTEACh, which is a collaboration between UT and National Instruments. The point of the program is to show innovative ways to teach kids science and math concepts and engineering methods using Lego NXT robotics kits. The final product being a student interested enough in science and math to pursue careers in those areas which are in desperate need. It was pretty awesome program.

Patchitect