dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Midnight Luau

Wow, that is a great use of halftones.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Well, they aren't really meant to get your attention, so they don't have to stand out.

I love the way this design turned out! The pig's entire face just has so much emotion! GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

dekonstruct

Re: Luau Drinks - Your Mileage May Vary

I don't really know what this design is about, but I like the way it looks, nice style.

dekonstruct

Re: Tiki Defense System

hahaha, I knew it! aliens!

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht

Very awesome design. I'm sure it is gonna win Your flames are awesome!

dekonstruct

Re: Plumeria Paradise

Nice, I like how intertwined everything is.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht

I was thinking zelda windwaker. Anyway, it is absolutely beautiful. The colors really pop out. Very very good job

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
dekonstruct wrote:With such a wealth of visual reference I would have started by sketching at the very least 3 different ones. Your layout was ok but to improve it I would make the number an odd number 3 or 5 or 7 as these are more pleasing to the eye within an asymmetrical design. Also making the largest larger and the smaller smaller would increase the drama and make it more interesting.

From what google shows me there are many hibiscus with more than one color. This might help the design look less like an ocean pacific shirt by perhaps throwing in a muted complimentary color.

As for how you handled the curmudgeons of shirt.woot.com, change nothing. You did great job of rising above, may you never be bitter like me.

Thank you, dekonstruct - good advice - which I will remember for my next attempt.

cvandette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvandette
Re: Volcano Take 2

Thanks for the coment about the thumbnail and the t having to match sorry to make you vote again.

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign

Wow, I was out for a couple of hours and came back to a nice surprise--I can't believe how many votes I've received so far!

And thanks for all of the great comments; I really appreciate them!

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: Maori Love Birds

This design was inspired by Maori/Polynesian tattoos, although I combined that inspiration with my own style. I decided to keep with the tattoo feel and went with the dark colors to fit. Hope you like it. If so, please vote. And I always welcome critiques, good or bad, so your comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

leecetheartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leecetheartist
dekonstruct wrote:Taniwhat?

:-)

Taniwha are sometimes described as large reptiles, sharks or whales - they're variously protector spirits, guardians or bloody big devouring monsters.

So I drew a monster in Oceanic style which incorporated these features.

If you like mythical animals, enjoy browsing my site! All of the work is my own. Why, yes, I've been doing this for a while now, why do you ask? If you're looking for my Woot entries they're here at my other site. Thank you for your interest!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
ArkAngelsWings wrote:Another great design sokowa. Got my vote and I will be in for at least 1!

OneShaft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OneShaft
Re: Eruption!

Great design! I'm down for one... although I think the lava hand/arm should be more on her right or to the side.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
Re: Ku

The detail in the design is amazing. but I agree that the ink won't really show up on the nave shirt.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
cmdixon2 wrote:Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it and thanks for voting.

Any of you know how dark their navy shirts are? Is the color in the template a decent match? Any experienced derby-champs out there want to weigh in? I'm just concerned about the black on navy. I want the flowers to be subtle, but not invisible.

Thanks again!
CMD

I've got a few navy shirts from woot, and they are pretty dark but not as dark as the template you used, I think it will be perfect.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

ChrisRisse: any guesses as to what song is stuck in my head now?

JustJiggles: Danny's Song by Anne Murray?

ruesifus: Annie´s Song by John Denver?

nickdiesel: johnny's song by cross canadian ragweed?

wootvan: The Canadian Johnny Rag by Murray Dan Denver?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
personnemaime wrote:It's actually only 5 colors in the fire, so with the black that's 6 and it should be fine.

Oh, durr. I didn't look closely enough at the artist's explanation. I saw six things there and didn't even pay attention that the first was the whole thing, and then the following five were the breakdown.

*singsongy voice* Neeever mind*

It's a beautiful shirt and I'm impressed by how they made the flame so realistic. Nicely done.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
AnnaJo wrote:Hey guys! I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping me in the "new hotness" for so long, its awesome! I didn't know these questions about printability were coming up, but to clarify, the fire is 5 colors and the black silhouette makes 6 colors. If that is the controversy, you can note the image I uploaded earlier which shows the colors of the fire. As for printability? I can't think of a reason why Woot couldn't print, maybe someone could enlighten me? I'd hate to have it do well, only to be rejected!
Again, Thanks guys!

P.S. I'm a "she" not a "he" as I have been referred to in previous posts

My apologies both for referring to you in the wrong gender, and miscounting the things in your explanation. It's a beautifully done shirt! Good luck to you!

chemicalflava

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemicalflava
Re: Tiki God Awakens

I get the feeling this is exactly how Lost is going to end.

kingpixel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingpixel

woot!

Bhennain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bhennain
Re: LUAU FOR 1.. MAYBE 2.. PROBABLY NOT 3 (resub)

It's so cute but so sad :[

schroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroc

Plumeria is my favorite Hawaiian flower! So glad someone used it in a design. Definitely gets my vote. =)

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
BootsBoots wrote:Who is this Sid person, anyway? What the hell are you crazy kids talking about these days?

ToyStory, my friend. :-) Here's his profile:

http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/ts/chars_pop9.html

cdewitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdewitt
Re: Mechanical Island

Adorable!!! I really want a bicycle shirt to win one of these derbies!!!! This is a very cute entry.

cdewitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdewitt
Re: Luau on the Cheap

My mom has been looking for a shirt to wear for her church "luau" potluck. This is the best I've seen so far. I hope others will take a liking to it! ??? PLEASE????

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: LUAU FOR 1.. MAYBE 2.. PROBABLY NOT 3 (resub)

heh thanks. resubbed cause the other one looked a little bare. :D

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: E KO ME HAWAI'I ALOHA

sweet lefthander. ; ]

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Luau on the Cheap

This is COOL! Who needs a real ukulele when you can wear this and walk around like you are strumming it! Can anyone say "air ukulele?"

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: Pina Colada on the islands

this was my grass hut addition to the pina coloada shirt.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
ISO30 wrote:ToyStory, my friend. :-) Here's his profile:

http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/ts/chars_pop9.html

Ohhh... SID!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DarkshadE wrote:Ovaltina, my goat, this one is awesome ! I hope you win!

I hope so too, but it'll need the push of a lifetime!

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

growing up in FL, we had a back area of land called "Freaky Land" where a lot of these Hbiscus grew. I remember picking them, pulling the stamens out slowly, then drinking the sweet nectar. It was a cool trick

In retrospect that sounds kinda dirty, but I was five years old, and from a family with about 45 cousins, believe me it was one of the least dirty tricks they ever showed me.

awww, those where the days. Hibicus stamen anyone?

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

BootsBoots

Re: Hibiscus Dreams

Nice colors and very wearable.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Fire Dancer

This is gorgeous. I would be in for 3!

UtherDoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UtherDoul
Re: Beautiful Disaster

That's absolutely hilarious. Especially since I have a painting that looks just like that in my living room (minus the marine life).

BootsBoots

Re: Beautiful Disaster

This one's great. I think it's my favorite so far. It's the only one I'd definitely buy. Good good good work.

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Underwater Feast

Very well drawn, surprised it isn't higher up in the voting!

UtherDoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UtherDoul
kiliaa wrote:I am so happy you tried out this Mucha-esque style again. I love it, again. GMV and I hope this one does better than the goddess!

Agreed. I love Mucha's style, and Bargainbin does it very well!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez