Re: How baby islands are made

Steamy romance!
Some like it hot!
Island love!
Please vote!

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: Bird of Paradise

Thanks, I know the flower is a bit girlie, but I wanted to make something simple and bright.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

Wow. That was a lot to read.

Ok, first off, I want you to know that I voted for it BEFORE I read *ANY* of the comments. Then I started reading. And getting unhappy. I started feeling that maybe there was something wrong with *ME* because I liked this design. I am so very glad that you posted your sketches, and "proved" that these are hand-done drawings, and not a stencil or cut-out (I was unfairly accused of that, one derby well past).

In any case, who CARES if there are other similar shirts? Am I only allowed to own ONE flower shirt? ONE Koi shirt, etc? What if it's in the wash? People are voting for this because it is a beautiful shirt, nice colors, nice placement... just very nice.

As for the people who say you can get these for $5 on "the big island"? Good for them. I live in New York City. The subway doesn't go there.

Now, having said that I think this is a beautiful, and WEARABLE design, I will take this opportunity to say something that I have been holding my tongue on for some time now. There is one particular artist who often submits his works here. I do not care to mention names, which is why I never commented on any of his designs directly. I believe that his designs are VERY original, and extremely detailed, but the way he portrays them is, well, childish. I never understood why he zooms up into the fog every single time. His designs are interesting, as in I spend time looking at them (with interest), but I would never ever buy one. I have very similar quality drawings all over my fridge, drawn for me by my children, my nieces, nephews... well, you get the idea.
Now THIS design of yours I certainly would buy and wear. True the IDEA might not be "original" but it is very very well done. I hope it does well, and I would buy it were it to win. Please keep submitting designs!
-Syd

P.S. Boni - DON'T LEAVE!!

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Polynesian Mermaid

Beautiful!! I want one!

Apriori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apriori
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

This shirt is awesome.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: How baby islands are made...

Island love!
Some like it hot!
Steamy romance!
Please vote!

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: TREEmendously Original

\

I was waiting for your palm trees Blu hee hee. Everybody is so afraid to use trees now even on a theme that screams Palm Trees. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Luau Drinks - Your Mileage May Vary

cute and odd, 2 of my favorite things!

as another commenter said, would love it a little higher and a little smaller, but you've gmv for the concept

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Luau Angel

I put my design in as the same time as this one? Dang! Beautiful work, TOE. This is the most gorgeous design I've seen in a long time...

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

This is such a sweet design. Makes me smile! :-)

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
rglee129 wrote:I put my design in as the same time as this one? Dang! Beautiful work, TOE. This is the most gorgeous design I've seen in a long time...

geez thanks! you've got some great stuff in the derby already. good luck! this is my last entry for this derby, i'm wooted out! gonna relax for a bit in front of the TV with the wife and watch some Heroes (season 2) on DVD. Aloha!

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: maiself-tai

Super fun! I want to wear a sweet, fruity drink drinking itself while I drink a sweet, fruity drink myself!

chemicalflava

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemicalflava
Re: Sunset Luau

Live Trace kind of sticks out here. I do like the colors though. Luckily I can't vote, right?

kszinter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kszinter
SydneyB wrote:I saw the face too, before I read the comments - only to me it looks like it is wearing a popeye type sailor hat :/ Other than that, I really love the colors.

Thanks for the input. The "face" was not intentional, guess I spent too much time on the rest of the background getting it to work towards the black and didn't notice. I should change it, but I don't have the files handy. Maybe on Monday I will be able to.

chemicalflava

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemicalflava
Re: Bird of Paradise

I like this, but I'm too poor to buy shirts.

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
Toasted7 wrote:I have to vote for any shirt that has Jason Vorhees on it... GMV!

hope you voted for the other shirt that was posted before this one

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
Toasted7 wrote:I have to vote for any shirt that has Jason Vorhees on it... GMV!

hope you voted for the other shirt that was posted before this one

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

Um, bargainbin, I love how distinctive your artistic style is. =D If I see a little thumbnail I know instantly that its your work, and that I must vote for it.

You've goooootta print soon. T_T

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Oh rglee, I love it! So cute, great colors, and very funny. Good luck, dude!

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

I actually didn't see any sort of face until people mentioned it. ._.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
toe2254 wrote:geez thanks! you've got some great stuff in the derby already. good luck! this is my last entry for this derby, i'm wooted out! gonna relax for a bit in front of the TV with the wife and watch some Heroes (season 2) on DVD. Aloha!

Boy, you've been busy! This is beautiful! I'm glad to see more artists putting people in their designs. Heroes is awesome. I can't wait for the new season.

sbaszto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbaszto

Anyone else think that the wrath of the monkey gods shirt looks like Whoopi Goldberg??

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: Maori Love Birds V2 (RESUB)

After getting some great feedback (thank you!) I decided to resubmit this design. If you voted for the first version, thank you and please vote again. If you haven't voted for it, check it out and, if you like it, please consider voting for it. I was quite excited to see this flirt with the hotness earlier and I hope to see this version do just as well, if not better. Thanks for looking and for your consideration.

As I mentioned in the first entry, this design was inspired by Maori/Polynesian tattoos, although I combined that inspiration with my own style. I decided to keep with the tattoo feel and went with the dark colors to fit. For the second version, I added the fancy-shmancy tail to the male, reworked the female's tail a bit, lightened up the female one level, and added a little space between where the birds overlap as well as between their faces and the heart for better delineation. Hope you like the new version. If so, please vote. And I always welcome critiques, good or bad, so your comments are appreciated.

socalicitizen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen

As usual the best shirt in the derby doesn't have a chance... it's a beutiful shirt and yet at the time of this post only 30 ppl have voted. sad day...

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: Maori Love Birds

I just resubmitted my version 2 of this and will pull this one shortly. If you happened to vote for V1, please take a look at my updated version and consider voting for it. Thanks.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

I was one of the confused few looking for the first one. Glad you resubbed quickly!

Again, great faces! It's a really fun design!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

great as usual

Please check it out

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
lynlynlora wrote:personally, I love it, but I'm waiting for the haters to get on here and tell you how over-used the horrified food theme is. They did the same with Jimmy... Is That You? and I bought it anyways. Seriously, great design, I like that the food-tormentor is actually featured in the design. very funny.

Haters? Theres haters on here? I'm sure theres other over used memes that they can spit thier vitriol on and not bother little ole moi...

thanks for the kind words, and glad you like it. But i agree, i'm growing tired of the scared food theme too.. Maybe next week i'll do birds and trees.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Gorgeous as Always Toe! You really captured that vintage Hawaii feel. Love the little cherubs too. Good luck!!

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
earthart wrote:After getting some great feedback (thank you!) I decided to resubmit this design. If you voted for the first version, thank you and please vote again. If you haven't voted for it, check it out and, if you like it, please consider voting for it. I was quite excited to see this flirt with the hotness earlier and I hope to see this version do just as well, if not better. Thanks for looking and for your consideration.

As I mentioned in the first entry, this design was inspired by Maori/Polynesian tattoos, although I combined that inspiration with my own style. I decided to keep with the tattoo feel and went with the dark colors to fit. For the second version, I added the fancy-shmancy tail to the male, reworked the female's tail a bit, lightened up the female one level, and added a little space between where the birds overlap as well as between their faces and the heart for better delineation. Hope you like the new version. If so, please vote. And I always welcome critiques, good or bad, so your comments are appreciated.

Pretty! I like! GMV! (on both but this is my favorite)

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
theinfinityloop wrote:Thank you everyone for getting this into the fog! The pig is putting up a fight! L O L

Absolutely love this!!! I think it is beautifully executed! The pig retains the focus clearly, and yet the background people make it clear that the pig is at a luau without taking the focus off the pig! Not to mention the pig is well drawn and the motion is well defined! If this gets printed, I will be buying!!!

Never mind about the colors, you can't make everybody happy. Every shirt that wins has a comment about not liking the color choice. I would be very happy to wear this shirt as is, like I said before, beautifully executed.

Paul

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

This is by far the best of this derby.

daaave33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

The Hemisphere Dancer lives! I hope the Cros Stills fans can enjoy this one as much as the parrotheads!
~Daaave33

Re: Treetop Flyer, Born Survivor. .. ...

~ daaave33 ~

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

pretty design style, keep submitting stuff!

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu

yay! congrats on fogging. you always do such great work.

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

daaave33

Another killer design Robbie! Good luck my friend!
~ Daaave33 ~

~ daaave33 ~

sailormoontsu

great style!

daaave33

My wife & I are laughing our ***'s off Robbie! Beverage Cannibalism is just wrong... Leaves no room for me!

Re: maiself-tai

~ daaave33 ~

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
Re: Tiki Tiki

Very Nice! GMV! Wish this was entered earlier. Vote it up people!!

sailormoontsu

nice approach! really great for your first entry.