caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
bvillarreal wrote:Thanks for sharing caspian - I see that it's a horizontal line of solid light blue hibiscus stencils on a variety of shirt colors for $20 each. Not quite the bargain price mentioned earlier or not nearly as identical as stated earlier. You are entitled to your opinion, and certainly don't have to vote for my shirt.

why does the price have anything to do with the originality of the design?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
blammoed wrote:Yikes I like the shark in the wave, too. Those are some crazycool looking halftones, good job.

Thanks, they really turned out well.
I'm afraid I've become too seduced by the winsome witch that is the "woot-fake" halftone.

I'm most pleased by the curling-over wave, though, I think it worked great. and no halftones. :^D

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: I Got Leied!

This will be unprintable as you've designed over the entire shirt. There is a limited printable area.

Lamuril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lamuril

I LOVE this shirt!! I really hope it makes it.. or at least gets an honorable mention so we can buy it. -crosses fingers-

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey
blammoed wrote:Great expression on the mask! Love the little details, very nice illustration.

Thanks for the comment! I really like the way this turned out. I wanted to post it sooner, but I haven't had the chance.

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Nicely done. Love the style. It reminds me a little of Shag's work.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Tiki Chef Attack!

It's more violent than my usual entries, but I thought I tried a horror-styled shirt for a chance since most of my entries are cuter. I am rather proud how the tiki came out.

lipunkscene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lipunkscene
Re: Get Leied

Re-designed slightly for proper printing.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

Edgar's humor is exactly like mine. I wish he won more damnit!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
caspianta wrote:what a gorgeous entry! feminine enough design that i think any girl would love it but still masculine enough for guys on the brown shirt!

Plus, what guy could resist a hot chick on a shirt?

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

GMV

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
slomer wrote:I have been using inkscape a lot myself. It is a pain to get things out of it and into photoshop but I like the program itself.

Yeah, I use Inkscape all the time. I downloaded the pre-release version of 0.47 to create this, and it has a few features that make the workflow a lot faster.

Thanks to everyone for the votes and the feedback!

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

The style you used on this reminds me a lot of the cell shaded games like okami which considering the color palette restrictions is a good thing. gmv.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
blammoed wrote:Wow, I love the neon palette. Those eyes are cccraazzyzyzyy, I like.

I'm glad you like it Blammoed

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
Re: Maori Love Birds V2 (RESUB)

Thanks for the comment, earthart! I really like your design--very intricate and beautiful. I wouldn't say that my execution is better than yours at all, because this is just awesome!

aliensailor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliensailor
Re: Luau Angel

What a beauty! Reminiscent of Alphonse Mucha.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: Luau Fire

love it ,would buy it. would love to be there too. only not close to the fire. the trees have a great sway to them.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Slushed

Thanks everyone! We all seem to have our places here at shirt.woot, and as much as tgentry likes to think his is perpetually in fourth place, mine seems to be perpetually in 15th and slowly climbing throughout the week. If only the polls stayed open for another three or four weeks...i might actually have something I do appreciate all the kindness though.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Turtley Dissed!

yes one tiny turtle

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

It might be a little violent, but I think you did it well. GMV!

snobahr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages snobahr
blammoed wrote:Funny idea.
Wanted to mention that you don't have to use the colors Woot gives you on the template in your design, those are just the colors of the shirts they carry, they have a huge variety of inks from what I can tell.

I thought I read somewhere that they prefer those inks...? Gah, I can't remember, now. My brain is all mushy. I got a kick out of your dashboard luau dreams

Powered by coffee!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Get Leied

Hahaha! I wanted so badly to do one of these designs... but just the lei around the neck. I love that you've added the shirt, and the chest hairs MAKE it.

blammoed

Oh geez, this has to be one of the most lovely designs I've seen. Beautiful, a definite favorite.

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female

Nice color and linework, but the whole thing feels really stiff. She's straight up and down, and the trees are also. This kind of Muchaesque art usually has the female figure in a flowy 'S' shape. Still pretty nice.

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: Fire Dancer

Annajo, this is really beautiful. GMV. I have to admit, when I first saw this I thought the flames were converted from a photo. Now that I read through the thread (thank you for sharing your technique), I see that you rendered the flames yourself and it really is amazing. Thank you for your comment about my design. It is much appreciated. Best of luck remaining fog-bound.

earthart

AnnaJo wrote:WOW. I LOVE the intricacy of this design. It really looks like a kick-ass tribal tattoo. Simply Amazing. Ya got my vote!

Annajo, thank you for the great feedback and your vote. Very much appreciated. I just left you a comment on your design as well (GMV as well). As I mentioned there, your work on the fire is truly amazing. Best of luck and thanks again.

earthart

Re: Vehicular Luau

blammoed, excellent work. Love the contrast between the two realms and your color use. GMV. Best of luck.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms

this is fantastic! I so hope you win.
GMV. Would buy.

earthart

blammoed wrote:This one is super lovely. I really like the space you put between the birds... very nice design.

blammoed, thank you very much. i just commented on yours as well. GMV. Even though it lost me time, I am glad I made the changes I made to my design as I think it works better now. Thanks again. Take care.

earthart

OpenDesign wrote:Thanks for the comment, earthart! I really like your design--very intricate and beautiful. I wouldn't say that my execution is better than yours at all, because this is just awesome!

OpenDesign, thank you very much for your comments. Much appreciated. And I do appreciate your comparison to yours, but I have to stick with my assessment. Yours is really unbelievable and super clean and the style is near and dear to my heart (the use of patterns, repetition, flow of shapes, using the same shape to represent multiple things). Simply put, it is right up my alley. I love it and wish you the best of luck with it (glad to see you are in the top ten now!). Thanks again and take care.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda

Thanks again folks, at this point I'm not gonna resubmit. But the chair issue was oversight on my part. Either way the water did take entirely way too long to do, especially with only Three shades of color and the shirt color.

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
bluchez wrote:Wow. Yeah. I can assure you that I was trying to actually prevent bickering in your thread by removing one iteration out of the argument (as most regulars would have recognized). When someone posts a pic without a link, tons of people usually come to the shirt's defense saying they have to prove that it's for sale. I simply followed the picture's URL (that someone else posted) and linked the website. I have not, nor do I have any desire to, searched for shirts related to anything in this derby.

But, I guess we now know how quickly you might be willing to become what you and your sister have so vocally spoken out against. Definitely interesting.

I'm the only one that has spoken out about anything... and all I’ve spoken out against is unnecessary meanness. She has said repeatedly that it was okay, she could handle it. She has been way more gracious than I was, obviously, in the face of all the nastiness. If you’re saying that looking stuff up is a mean thing, then you should understand that if you’re going to say mean underhanded things about peoples shirts, the least you should expect is for them to check out your standards for your own work in return. Same for posting a link to similar shirts. Whether it was an assist or not, probably not a good idea if you don’t want anyone to check and see if your shirt meets the same standard. Anyhow, you’re still going a little far with the “how quickly”. If this is meanness, it took her two whole days to snap… llo… I wouldn’t call that quickly!

shannangirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannangirl
Re: Wholphin

It looks like the wholfin farted out a flower.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
boni wrote:I'm the only one that has spoken out about anything... and all I’ve spoken out against is unnecessary meanness. She has said repeatedly that it was okay, she could handle it. She has been way more gracious than I was, obviously, in the face of all the nastiness. If you’re saying that looking stuff up is a mean thing, then you should understand that if you’re going to say mean underhanded things about peoples shirts, the least you should expect is for them to check out your standards for your own work in return. Same for posting a link to similar shirts. Whether it was an assist or not, probably not a good idea if you don’t want anyone to check and see if your shirt meets the same standard. Anyhow, you’re still going a little far with the “how quickly”. If this is meanness, it took her two whole days to snap… llo… I wouldn’t call that quickly!

I am being absolutely sincere when I say this: this has not been nastiness. At all. Of all the comments posted, only Dekon's struck me as being even close to a personal attack, and he apologized.

Saying this shirt doesn't look original is not underhanded. Showing linked proof of that is even less so, as it is a statement of fact (ditto for copy-paste issues). I'm not seeing any mean, except for an insult thrown at someone who thought the shirt was unoriginal.

Just chill bro, this is actually a pretty tame derby. If Woot feels the entry is legal according to their rules, it will remain. And that's as it should be.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
snobahr wrote:I thought I read somewhere that they prefer those inks...? Gah, I can't remember, now. My brain is all mushy. I got a kick out of your dashboard luau dreams

llo no... those are the only shirt colors they allow for the templates.

you can use any 6 pantone coated inks in your design.

blammoed

Re: Slushed

Oh I definitely think this has the potential to keep climbing the ranks. Like many others, I llo'd. Creative and hilarious, I just love the snowman coming to the rescue. And the grapejuice! Oehiheiheeheueho I love it!

blammoed

Re: Plumeria Paradise

Wow, what precise but simple design. You've hit it right on. Excellent job, and your shirt comp is very attractive, I have to say.

blammoed

Re: Tiki Chef Attack!

*giggles*! FUN violence, though. Love the tiki, and the insides of the fruits.

blammoed

Re: The Final Luau

*giggles*, well, I love it. Great illustration, love the lady, and the skull and tiki are completely awesome. My only suggestion is that it may stand out a bit more on a colored shirt.

blammoed

Re: How baby islands are made...

Oeihiehio! ADORABLE. I love the idea, and the drawing is super sweet. Great job!