AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Mine is Scarier

I like the art, and it's a fun concept, but that back hand on Jason is mos-def upside down. Also, I think if the machete was in his hand, it'd be a little more clear that the tiki-god was chasing off someone with a big knife... it sits a bit weird just placed there between them. And while I'm picking you apart, if you could get a little more fear in Jason's eyes, it'd be great... that smiley mask makes the "ohmigod I'm being chased" look more difficult to pick up.

Otherwise good stuff... definitely get the hand fixed up and you could possibly see a spark up the charts with it when you resub.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
brydesign wrote:Well done! I love all of the improvements you made and his fiery eyes are perfect.

agreed... looks great the way it is.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
ChrisRisse wrote:i disagree, it looks good to me. I like the wood grain.

Thanks ChrisRisse, it was one of those times where I just let my hand draw what it wants. It likes to make little details like that for some reason. Tot

snobahr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages snobahr
Re: Three TIkis

3 Stooges FTW!!! BRILLIANT! :D :D :D

Powered by coffee!

jbedwar1

noblechic21 wrote:Oh edgar, you know how to make these terrible topics fun.

I thought this was a fabulous topic. I knew we would see some great entries come out of it. But yes... he does make any topic fun. Good job edgar

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
brydesign wrote:Congrats - it was awesome to see this start from a sketch and end up here! Nice Work.

Thanks! Yeah, it went through countless iterations and took several, uhm, beverages, but I think it worked out. Thanks for the props!

dekonstruct

Re: Fire Dancer

Nice, very accurate looking flames.

birdperson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdperson
Re: Polly Want A Cracker?

Birds are always a thing. Love the shirt

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
alftuba wrote:really? it seems very generic too me. If I wanted something like this I'm sure I could get it from Ocean Pacific. And I stopped wearing OP back in high school - 10 years ago

Actually, people still make this type of design- check out Crazy Shirts. My favorite island t-shirt source. But this design is very wearable, which is why it's getting votes.

karisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karisse
Re: Tiki Gods Bless This Limbo Pole

It was our honeymoon. Watching flexible men.. sooo romantic.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
dekonstruct wrote:hahaha, I was literally seconds away from doing this type of design, but then I couldn't live with myself afterward. That's just me though.

Total falsehood. There is no way you would have done this type of thing. You would have at least drawn more than 1 flower.

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
AdderXYU wrote:I like the art, and it's a fun concept, but that back hand on Jason is mos-def upside down. Also, I think if the machete was in his hand, it'd be a little more clear that the tiki-god was chasing off someone with a big knife... it sits a bit weird just placed there between them. And while I'm picking you apart, if you could get a little more fear in Jason's eyes, it'd be great... that smiley mask makes the "ohmigod I'm being chased" look more difficult to pick up.

Otherwise good stuff... definitely get the hand fixed up and you could possibly see a spark up the charts with it when you resub.

I thought everyone hand two left hands.

dekonstruct

Re: Polynesian Mermaid

I agree this is very nicely drawn, great line quality, nice pose. Unfortunately I'm not man enough to wear this but good luck to you.

jbedwar1

sokowa wrote:Enjoy the breeze
And the dancing fire

Just another new style for me to play with

you always have some fantastically unique designs ... great as always

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

Thanks for all the comments!

@anneandkita - Thanks for the good points. I see what you mean. normally I'd catch that, I was up until 3am on this one :/

Zelda and Monkey Island were my inspirations :D. I always wanted to try their styles. I won't lie, it made me want to dig up my monkey island collection as I was drawing this. Ah the memories.

jbedwar1

tgentry wrote:I see someone's already out googling for Tiki squids and octopi. Maybe you can get my entry rejected since it's so obviously a ripoff of that obscure ad... <sigh>

EDIT: Sorry to sound bitter. Just been a while seen I've been googled for like-images I guess. Forgot what it was like.

looks great tgent .... as always

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
uhhuhhuhhuh wrote:I like this on a lot too, you're just on fire this week huh? :P By the way, is that quote from a Far Side cartoon? Ha-ha! I love Gary Larson.

RAAAAAAAAAWR :P

jbedwar1

klswoot wrote:Thanks Molli. I have to say Toe had 100% control over the coloring of the design and he did a fabulous job. I think he was able to get a retro-Hawaii feel with the colors. I was blown away when he sent the picture to me late last night.

In case it's not totally apparent, the Luau girl is resting on blades of grass like a grass skirt. She's wrapped in a Hawaiian dress and the backdrop is supposed to represent a large clamshell. Hibscus-esque petals were placed behind here almost to make her look like a fairy. There are other details as well, but probably don't need explanation.

Thanks again for the vote. I'm excited to see what Toe does with the other sketch. Can hardly wait!

Very unique. I knew right away that you had something to do with it KLS .. as soon as i saw the thumbnail. Good job both of you.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: EASTER-CREST

I posted this earlier, but somehow ended up somewhere else. I think is an awesome design too. My only suggestion would be to remove the beach chairs. It keeps it from having that epic, iconic feel. But it got my vote!

blackgoldrocks100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackgoldrocks100
Re: Fire Dancer

great job! i love the design.

jbedwar1

Wonderbunny wrote:Is there an example from past printing on how something this dark with very little contrast does on a shirt? I worried that if this prints it will look like a black shirt unless you are two feet from it.

i also am very worried at how this one would turn out. It does look cool though, if it printed right.

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse
Re: He's Watching

I don't think they would use an ink that is darker than a black shirt. This would print just fine.

snobahr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages snobahr
Re: Welcome to Our Fire

I love how the smoke looks