2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Luau Dream

Beautiful!!

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Re: Honu- spirit of Hawaii

I love it when late entries soar up in votes to challenge the foggers, very cool mosaic design and congrats on all the votes! Hope you make it to the top!

SlowDecay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlowDecay

Hi guys,

I've reposted my design with a few revisions, some experienced 'wooters' told me I had a few things wrong so I've changed them. Hope you like it!

Here it is -

[/quote]

Here's the link- http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=21839

Thanks for looking.

devmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devmike

After reading through I see a beach setting, behind a sand dune peering through the grassy reeds at the setting sun and ocean - which I have to say the reflection of the sun off of the water is ++ good. Only thing I don't see is the luau party that is clearly going on behind the dune.

devmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devmike

I agree, she is hot - aside from being made out of the whole molten rock. I think the fact that she is exploding out of the ground with that sexy look does it for me, mmm..

PamWham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PamWham
ksuhr wrote:Beautiful! Even if this isn't chosen for Woot I hope you'd consider making it available somewhere. I bet a lot of people who do poi would love one of these!

I am one of those people and YES I would!!!!

PamWham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PamWham
arpayton wrote:hah. that's the notorious woot filters. they take common acronyms like that & make weird stuff out of them.

Thank God - I wondered what the freak was going on!!!!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
6walnuts wrote:I may have to get this for my neighbor who just had a pig roast.

Can you get your neighbor to vote for it? L O L! ;)

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: PandaSnacksNoTeeth

I remember how hard it was when I started, so here are some of my thoughts, please take them as my opinions only and if you don't think any of this is useful for your art/style I completely understand.
Removing the teeth helped.
I think the arms/legs are too long. Pandas tend to be so fuzzy and I thinkthe arms/legs are too thin (not fuzzy enough) and too long
Not sure if you are going for. Is this supposed to be cartoony or realistic? If cartoony I'd exaggerate the proportions and make him rolly-polly maybe on the ground on his back looking over-stuffed. If it's more realistic I just really look at photos of pandas and even renderings other people did to make it easier to understand what makes a panda a panda. (personally it's easier for me to do cartoony than realistic because I can bend the rules on occasion).
Your trees came out nicely and I like the shape of the island. The detail of the waves hasn't gone unnoticed . Maybe there's just too much to tackle in this submission. Perhaps try just an island scene and take the panda and place him in another design where he truly is the focus.
Hope this helps.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
cainja1 wrote:I love it when late entries soar up in votes to challenge the foggers, very cool mosaic design and congrats on all the votes! Hope you make it to the top!

Me too! Thanks for the support... it'll need every vote to get up in the standings! This has made my week, btw. Thanks to everyone!

bluffstudio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluffstudio
AnnaJo wrote:I LOVE these little tiki men. I'm just hoping it won't count as text. REALLY well done! GMV

Text, what text? It's just a group of Tiki friends hanging out... that's all... heh... um, ahem... yeah!

Woliverthedog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woliverthedog

You are truly excellent drawing eyes!
Always exquisitely expressive!
Good luck with this one!!!

Re: Midnight Luau

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Beautiful!!!

usla1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usla1
Re: Passion Fruit

A pig in an apple roasting representing a fruit, The line and implied line are interesting, I like the fact that you didn't spell everything out.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
bluffstudio wrote:Text, what text? It's just a group of Tiki friends hanging out... that's all... heh... um, ahem... yeah!

Even hidden text is not allowed, but nice try.

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
bvillarreal wrote:rglee posted this last derby - helpful.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2532335&PageIndex=7&ReplyCount=284#post2537969

I forgot about that post...thank you soooooo much!!!

Kwatson29

SlowDecay wrote:Got the dates mixed up, so it's a bit late.

Hope you like, it's my first submission!

Go here to vote- http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=21837

tried to view shirt but not getting anywhere...will try again. Or did you pull this?

Kwatson29

Found it! NICE NICE NICE!! GMV and a few others by the looks of it! Better late than never!!!

Kwatson29

Re: pig roast

I am surprised that this didn't get more votes. I like this shirt...hmph

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy

Re to sokowa:
Thank you for taking the time to pass on some advice. I really appreciate it, especially from a designer such as yourself. I think your comments point out some things about this design in particular, and will help me on future submissions. That is exactly what I wanted and makes it more of a learning experience than a failure. Thank You.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: home sweet home

I really liked this one. Made me chuckle. And, I think it's illustrated really well.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
cobolisdead wrote:Let's get something besides those flowers back in the fog!

^

I really want to get this shirt! If it doesn't win, you should put it on Cafe Press or something.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Dancing in the dark

Yay! We hit the 200 mark. Thanks everybody. Hope Toe's happy with the votes as well. See you Thursday for the new theme!

cobolisdead

Re: Passion Fruit

Nice! I like the upside down pig! GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

kmbram20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmbram20

llo, well put...

SlowDecay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlowDecay

Thanks, it's great to get feedback and even better to get praise!

manil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manil
Re: When Pigs Can Dance

Paint at its BEST

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Tiki Van Hula

*giggles*, love the retro style. Great design.

cobolisdead

Re: maiself-tai

Awesome design! It's cute, and tropical. GMV!

I just wished I had it to wear on my honeymoon at the beach next week.

cobolisdead

Re: Beautiful Disaster

Awesome design! I like the humor of it! GMV!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
cainja1 wrote:I think this is a fun and different design that deserves more votes than it has. I also am happy to see a non-cute shirt from the mind of jadenkale. As a guy this is just more appealing y'know? Anyways great shirt and color use. I wish more people appreciated this...

Thanks cainja. I really am happy that my less cute shirts are getting some notice. And I'm with you on the more appreciation.

cobolisdead

Re: Biggest nightmare

I love the humor in this! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Eco-Tiki

Neat design! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Coconuts For You

I love the Humor! GMV!

grael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grael
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

I'm not big on cartoon-y designs, but this one's great! The color scheme and shirt color work great. GMV!

cobolisdead

mistermevans wrote:Hehe, nice shirt :D Although I think it might have been a tad better if the coconuts weren't all the same

That is the joke. I love how it is a great shirt, especially for women, and it jests the other designs at the same time. GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: You Have GOT to be Kidding Me...

I don't get the theme, but I like the art, so GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Luau Beach

Nice sky! I'm not really feeling the waves, but still nice sky.

cobolisdead

Simply Beautiful artwork! GMV!

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: colors of luau

The little box on your shirt shows the print area, and it looks like yours is outside of that. You might want to fix that and then resubmit.

Also, just an FYI: Woot does not print on the shoulders and all designs must be once inch from any seam.