superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

oogyboogawa wrote:I like the style used for the pig and for the fire, but it just seems strange that the fire is coming out of the pig rather than being below the pig to roast it.

Maybe the pig's still standing in front of the fire...?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

AnnaJo wrote:Sorry... I always have to open my big mouth. Its compulsive. Great design anyway!

Your mouth did nothing but warn the designer before a certain rejection. Text is text is text is not allowed this derby, as stated in the rules. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

grumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grumpy
srglancey wrote:Hilarious parody. I wish the pigs had been in keeping with the same style as the background, though. I think it would have made the design immensely successful.

Thanks for the comment. This one is a sequel to my other submission Hula Pig so that is why it looks like it does. You're right that a version all in that style would be cool.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
cobolisdead wrote:I don't get the theme, but I like the art, so GMV!

Yeah... I just couldn't stop thinking of the Polynesian fishhook necklaces when this derby was announced, so I just decided to throw this one in.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

2thFairy wrote:I dunno.. I think that the dress swirling to the right shows the S shape even better than than the middle picture on the top.

I'd have to agree that this is extremely masculine in form. It's still great, but I have to agree it's also extremely phallic, despite the flower.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
superspryte wrote:Your mouth did nothing but warn the designer. Text is text is text is not allowed this derby, as stated in the rules. ^_~

Good thing woot hasn't rejected close to anything this week

goman114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goman114
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Is this shirt six colors? It seems like it's got at least seven in it... but I'm sure I'm counting wrong.

thesmath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesmath

I've bought many shirts and incouraged people to submit in the start, but I have no idea what to do if I really would like a shirt as a the perfect gift, but it's not picked. So what can I do, ethics permit me from doing anything other than pleading? Wear can I get it if it never finds it way to the front of the pack?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thesmath wrote:I've bought many shirts and incouraged people to submit in the start, but I have no idea what to do if I really would like a shirt as a the perfect gift, but it's not picked. So what can I do, ethics permit me from doing anything other than pleading? Wear can I get it if it never finds it way to the front of the pack?

After 60 days a designer can take it somewhere else to get it printed. Otherwise, you can't.

goman114

Re: Plumeria Paradise

Keep up the good work! I'm happy to see this is in third place... I hope it stays there (or moves higher of course!) because I want to buy one!!!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Luau Dream

Wow, gorgeous illustration. LOVE the colors, placement and size... it all looks very professional to me. Really enjoy your design slowdecay, thanks for sharing and best of luck.

thesmath

superspryte wrote:After 60 days a designer can take it somewhere else to get it printed. Otherwise, you can't.

Thank you, now how to contact designer to find out if they do so, as they are the resub maori birds? Which if it wasn't the fact that it would make such a good gift I'd just keep waiting.

blammoed

Re: Tiki Outline

I really like how it's all one continuous line... very cool.

thesmath

Re: Maori Love Birds V2 (RESUB)

Earthart, let me know if you plan on doing a limitied print elsewhere if it doesn't get printed. This would make a great gift for someone and I'd really like to get a copy by the end of the year if possible. Great luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least a runner up print. Thank you!

4Se7ens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4Se7ens
Re: Luau Angel

I dunno, toe. Did you even consider that the line-work and stylization on this illustration would be way too well-rendered, visually stunning, and not even close to generic enough to have a decent chance at the fog? Just my two cents. Voted anyway.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
Re: OH you KNOW that's YOUR DAD!

No, I don't know if that's my dad. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's a trace of Peter Griffin from Family Guy . . .

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thesmath wrote:Thank you, now how to contact designer to find out if they do so, as they are the resub maori birds? Which if it wasn't the fact that it would make such a good gift I'd just keep waiting.

Well, how do you think? ^_~

See that little [send message] underneath everyone's name on the left side of the page? Try there. Or you could just post that request here. I promise people usually read their own design threads.

EDIT: I see you posted a reply. Just so. ^_^

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
goman114 wrote:Is this shirt six colors? It seems like it's got at least seven in it... but I'm sure I'm counting wrong.

Yeah, it's six colors. Burgundy, Olive, Orange, Lt. Yellow, Peach, and a very very dark brown (basically black.)

RogueMech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RogueMech
cobolisdead wrote:Nice design! I like that he is longing to go out there and surf. GMV!

Great design and colors, I would buy it!

goman114

theinfinityloop wrote:Yeah, it's six colors. Burgundy, Olive, Orange, Lt. Yellow, Peach, and a very very dark brown (basically black.)

sweet. that would be terrible to get this far and have it be more than six! I figured I was counting wrong, but also figured better to bring it up and have a chance to fix it than miss it and get dq'd!

purplecrocus83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplecrocus83
Re: colors of luau

I think the colors go very well together, I love it. Hope it can get more votes and climb the charts. GMV

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: I need a toothpick!

Aww thats a cute little guy, too bad he's about to be lunch! gmv

AnnaJo

Re: Slushed

God I love this shirt. I was showing it to a bunch of coworkers and they cracked up!

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Luau Beast from 90 Fathoms

Heh heh, I like this one a lot

AnnaJo

Re: Luau Fire

I'm truly appalled that this is no longer in the fog. Must find a way to vote more than once....

blammoed

Re: Fire Dancer

This one is just incredible AnnaJo... seriously fantastic job on the fire, I'm really glad you posted that image of how you layered it, I'm sure it will be helpful for a lot of us. Great placement, too. I really think this will look great on a shirt.

purplecrocus83

Re: Plumeria Paradise

Great design. GMV

purplecrocus83

Re: Luau Girl

Very colorful and pretty, love it. Hope it gets more votes. GMV

AnnaJo

blammoed wrote:This one is just incredible AnnaJo... seriously fantastic job on the fire, I'm really glad you posted that image of how you layered it, I'm sure it will be helpful for a lot of us. Great placement, too. I really think this will look great on a shirt.

Thanks so much, I'm so happy it is being well received! I already voted for yours earlier, so kudos to you on your design!

AnnaJo

Congrats on fogging again! "The pig fights back" is a perfect title for you in this derby!

purplecrocus83

Re: Luau Angel

Very beautiful and the colors are great together. GMV

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: TREEmendously Original

I wanted to let everyone know that I did notice that I messed up my layering between the bottom blue tree and the bottom left (from the viewer) white tree. I will fix this in my print ready and send it to woot if it wins, so noone worry. Just wanted to make sure that people weren't just not voting for it because of that glaring error.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Honu- spirit of Hawaii

very cool skek! glad I checked the derby page and saw it in the hotness. The mosaic gives it a really unique feel, very different from the other designs this week and from your other designs. Plus it's nice to see a design from someone who has actually been to hawaii! ;)

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
AnnaJo wrote:Congrats on fogging again! "The pig fights back" is a perfect title for you in this derby!

Indeed! It keeps flip-flopping within the 3-5 spots.

Congrats!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
purplecrocus83 wrote:Very colorful and pretty, love it. Hope it gets more votes. GMV

it is a tragedy that this has fallen so far when everything in the fog is blah, blah, blah, and blah.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Luau Dream

Awesome drawing/design.

Be careful with placement though. Some parts look like they're out of the printable area. I hope it doesn't get rejected for that. Seems like an easy fix, but it would be a shame to have to resub after coming this far.

BTW, congrats on making the hotness! GMV!

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Groowalla wrote:There are some exceptional design this week but this is the one I wouldn't think twice about clicking 'want' for. I hope this gets up into the fog!

Hello Groowalla, thank you for making your premiere post such wonderful feedback. It is very much appreciated. It's a bit too late for this to get to the fog, but I am very happy with how it has done and truly appreciate the sentiment. Thanks again and take care.

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07
Re: Luau Fire

mm it's a shame this one's so far back :/ what's your other design in this derby soko?

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
klswoot wrote:Earth- This one is doing really well for you. I think you made a good call by only submitting one of the two designs. Seems folks like this one, so you probably kept the best of the two.

Good luck!

Thanks kls. It appears you have done well with your kls/toe collaborations as well with them both currently in the top 20. Hard to tell which of my two designs would have done best since I pulled the other, but I'm happy with the results regardless. A few of my coworkers thought as you did and preferred the initial design, but an equal number preferred the latter. Thanks again for all of your feedback and assistance. Best of luck with your designs. Take care.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

And its out again. I'd seriously love to get this shirt.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.