quality posts: 0 Private Messages trentlane
Re: Luau Dream

very nice
me wants!

SlowDecay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlowDecay
trentlane wrote:very nice
me wants!

Thanks for all the comments so far, I think I'm going to do the derby every week now!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: OH you KNOW that's YOUR DAD!

Hawaiian Peter Griffin FTW.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

I would LOVE to see this at T.F.! Or really anywhere else, for that matter. Kristen, if you and Toe decide to bring it somewhere else, please let me know!!

(Not that I am giving up hope, yet... but just in case )

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: Luau Dream

Awesome! If it were'nt white, I'd wear it.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Pig Fights Back

This needs to get back in the fog. Jeez, how many flower shirts do people actually need in one weekend? >: (

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Three apparently.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
theinfinityloop wrote:Nice job. Love the way the surf board looks. GMV.

Thanks again. Even thought it didn't get many votes it was fun trying to make the wood grain.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

cobolisdead

Re: When Pigs Can Dance

Cute pig. GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: TIKING TOM

Awesome! I like the humor! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: OH you KNOW that's YOUR DAD!

It does look like Elvis and Peter Griffin had a love child. Still, I like the concept. GMV!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mia3mom wrote:very cool skek! glad I checked the derby page and saw it in the hotness. The mosaic gives it a really unique feel, very different from the other designs this week and from your other designs. Plus it's nice to see a design from someone who has actually been to hawaii! ;)

Thanks mia! I really like it, though it seems to have peaked at around 10th... hopefully it'll make one more surge.

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
AGrant311 wrote:This is the only one in the Fog right now that I would even consider buying. The other three, while pretty, just don't do anything for me and I'm not the kind of girl that wears t-shirts with flowers on them. I'm going to echo a lot of the other posters here and agree; the work on the flames in this piece is fantastic.

Wow, thanks! That means a lot!

mollib

Re: Tikki, Tikki, T-Ivy...

Love the colors!!

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo

Wow, I love this. Did you hand draw this? I love the colors and I LOVE the design. GMV!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
mollib wrote:Love the colors!!

How do you take your tea sir? I'll take one lump happy and on lump sad, thank you.

This is my take on the thespians' masks. Trying to give it a tropical flare.

Groowalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groowalla

You're more than welcome earthart. I would be very interested in purchasing a print or a tshirt if it is produced elsewhere down the road. Do you have an etsy or cafepress by chance?

DavidShenoda

AnnaJo wrote:Wow, I love this. Did you hand draw this? I love the colors and I LOVE the design. GMV!

Thanks AJo. And, for future reference, I draw everything. This is why I never get to sleep on thursday night.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I love this David! I definitely saw the thespian mask as soon as I saw it.

This may have been good for a daily too!

Great job.

mollib

2005vette wrote:RAINBOW? Nice design, but I wouldnt wear it. I dont play for that team. :P

I have to hope you're joking.

I like this a lot - simple and pretty. Definitely GMV. I do think, however, that I would really prefer it on either navy or brown. Both of those would serve better to enhance the colors in the design, opposed to just serving as a background.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mollib wrote:I would LOVE to see this at T.F.! Or really anywhere else, for that matter. Kristen, if you and Toe decide to bring it somewhere else, please let me know!!

(Not that I am giving up hope, yet... but just in case )

Thanks Molli! We'll definitely let you know. Check your PM now because I just sent you a note.

SkekTek

earthart wrote:I dig it ShekTek. GMV. I saw this in the forum and like the way it came out. I could tell what you were going for without even seeing the title. You did a great job capturing that feel and the stance and expressions on the characters are perfect. Best of luck.

Thanks! I really loved how it came out, especially the highlights on the pineapple top. I'll be ecstatic if it gets to 100- that'd be awesome for such a cartoony design. I tried to find a picture of the old commercial to help with the poses, and couldn't find one. So I'm glad you liked it!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Beautiful Disaster

Thanks for all the great comments and all the votes!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Re: colors of luau

As a guitarist this shirt really appeals to me. The colors are sweet and the subtle intricacies of the design are stunning! Hope you can make it far, Good luck!
GMV

BigMonty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigMonty
mollib wrote:I like this a lot - simple and pretty. Definitely GMV. I do think, however, that I would really prefer it on either navy or brown. Both of those would serve better to enhance the colors in the design, opposed to just serving as a background.

Actually, the shirt color IS navy. Perhaps it doesn't show up well in the sample. Brown would look really nice too!

cobolisdead

mollib wrote:I have to hope you're joking.

I like this a lot - simple and pretty. Definitely GMV. I do think, however, that I would really prefer it on either navy or brown. Both of those would serve better to enhance the colors in the design, opposed to just serving as a background.

Wearing a rainbow colored shirt will send out a message, so I can see where he is coming from.

DavidShenoda

No mongooses/mongeese were harmed in the making of this t-shirt design.

oogyboogawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oogyboogawa
Re: colors of luau

I really like this GMV

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Sometimes I explode, and I don't know why.

Dropped out of the top 50. Damn. Spare a vote for an anguished volcano? He's seen some rough days in his many years. *holds out cup*

DrThunder84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrThunder84
SailorButterfly wrote:This needs to get back in the fog. Jeez, how many flower shirts do people actually need in one weekend? >: (

Yeah I agree. It would be a shame for a truly original shirt to fall out.

nautikal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nautikal

Woot doesn't have this shirt color, do they? For some reason some of the shirt comps that use kelly green come out with more of a green-blue. Going Bananas and Say No To Scurvy are actually the same color, but their shirt comp images look quite different. Bananas: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6296 and Scurvy: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4107.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
DavidShenoda wrote:No mongooses/mongeese were harmed in the making of this t-shirt design.

I can tell from your designs that you're quite artistically skilled, and it's obvious from your comments that you're slightly insane. But an orange shirt submitted Wednesday... I had no idea you were so daring.

cobolisdead

Nice parody! GMV!

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Luau on the Cheap

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!

cobolisdead

Re: Luau on the Cheap

I like the simplistic look! GMV!

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
cobolisdead wrote:Nice parody! GMV!

Very cool design and well balanced. I would wear it!

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Four-Stringed Hibiscus

I wish this was entered earlier...It would probably be up there near if not in the fog, compared to the other hibiscus shirt. Would have been an interesting battle!! GMV

SkekTek

nautikal wrote:Woot doesn't have this shirt color, do they? For some reason some of the shirt comps that use kelly green come out with more of a green-blue. Going Bananas and Say No To Scurvy are actually the same color, but their shirt comp images look quite different. Bananas: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6296 and Scurvy: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4107.

It's kelly green from the comp document most folks use. They updated the comps since those shirts came out when woot revised their revised templates. If you look, many other shirt 600px templates have this same color. It very closely matches the woot shirt I own that's kelly. I think what program the person uses affects the comp- I use photoshop but if you use something like GIMP it might give a different hue since you have to convert the PSD to a JPEG for submittal.

bluffstudio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluffstudio
Re: Tiki Troop

Well, it was worth a shot anyway. I hope I can resurrect this design in a future derby... maybe one that allows tikis and text