jgodwin46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgodwin46
AnnaJo wrote:I just love what you've done with the sun, gmv

this shirt is legit i hope it wins

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Groowalla wrote:You're more than welcome earthart. I would be very interested in purchasing a print or a tshirt if it is produced elsewhere down the road. Do you have an etsy or cafepress by chance?

Hello again Groowalla. Sorry for the delayed reply. We all kind of pulled an all-nighter last night as my sister delivered a healthy baby girl early this morning (her first child, welcome to the world Isabella!). If you reply and I don't get back to you right away it is because we are getting some shuteye.

Aside from the option I mentioned in my PM, I will look into setting up an account on cafepress or etsy (I do not yet have that set up). I am just getting back into the design world after a bit of a hiatus and, while testing my hand on woot, I am also trying to explore these other options.

By the time the woot non-compete time period is up in early November, one or more of these options will definitely be available and I will surely get back in touch with you to see if you still might be interested once we are ready to go. Thanks again for the great feedback. Talk to you soon.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
ryanhunt88 wrote:wow rejected, that hurts. It's NOT Peter griffin. peter had brown hair, eye glasses and orbs ON HIS CHIN, and HE's paler!!!!
Ovaltina, my goat a cartoon of a FAT GUY MUST mean PETER GRIFFIN. JERKS.

lmao...

shabalah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shabalah
Re: Fire Dancer

REally cool. I love what you did with the fire, hope you win! GMV.

earthart

Groowalla wrote:You're more than welcome earthart. I would be very interested in purchasing a print or a tshirt if it is produced elsewhere down the road. Do you have an etsy or cafepress by chance?

Groowalla,
Sorry, I just realized I had sent the private message to thesmath who had asked a similar thing and not to you (sleep deprivation does funny things to the brain). I will send you the same message though now. Sorry for the confusion and thanks again.

alaw6163

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaw6163
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

simplicity and originality. not bad not bad.... ^ ^

earthart

hup440 wrote:I love this so much, what are the chances if it doesnt win I will be able to find it elsewhere? I wish i knew more ppl to vote for it because I think this is the best design by far... if there is anyway of getting this shirt another way, let me know please! Thanks and great job, its fantastic

Hello hup440,

Thank you so much for such great feedback. Hearing your kind words really makes me feel good and they are very much appreciated. Thanks as well for your offer to purchase it via another route if it does not get printed by woot (that looks more than likely to be the case).

Woot has exclusive rights to the design for 60 days (well, actually about 55 days now) so I am unable to do anything with it until about the beginning of November. I do actually have plans for it at that time if this does not get named as an honorable mention.

To elaborate on my plans, I am in touch with another online shirt/apparel company who has already offered to sell the Maori Love Birds design. If this does not get named by Woot as an honorable mention and does not appear in a do-over derby, it will definitely be printed by either that company or via another outlet such as cafepress. I do not yet have an account there but plan on setting one up which would open up the product line a bit to items such as prints.

I will keep record of our message and will contact you in early November to see if you might still be interested. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns, or just to chat. As I have already mentioned, it was great to receive your feedback and I am quite happy with the positive response this design has received. Thanks again. Talk to you soon and take care.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
heartluce wrote:Still my favorite of the derby. Best of luck elsewhere with it Toe. Just let us know. Kudos on your dedication and talent.

thanks so much! and be sure i will! still trying to decide on where to put them. i've new to this type of thing (online stores) and i'm trying to get as much information as i can before making my choice.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkekTek wrote:It's kelly green from the comp document most folks use. They updated the comps since those shirts came out when woot revised their revised templates. If you look, many other shirt 600px templates have this same color. It very closely matches the woot shirt I own that's kelly. I think what program the person uses affects the comp- I use photoshop but if you use something like GIMP it might give a different hue since you have to convert the PSD to a JPEG for submittal.

Just for noisdois - Woot updated the template colours sometime ago. Scurvy started long before that happened, so that comp looks different.

Skek - the kelly shirt I just got more closely matches the updated colour. And WOW, congratulations on soaring to the top ten!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
klswoot wrote:Toe - Any chance you'll make Luau Angel available in a print form as well as a tshirt at some later date?

Yes!! Please do!

2thFairy

Re: Luau Angel

I think this is absolutely stunning. I'm not sure why the drama came into play in the first place.

cluelesswaif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cluelesswaif

thanks. I guess that's the way it goes. I guess there's always next time.

SydneyB wrote:I like the style and the colors, but I think you are not getting a lot of votes because I don't think a lot of people really want to wear a shirt depicting Osama relaxing in comfort somewhere.
Just my thoughts.

2thFairy

DavidShenoda wrote:No mongooses/mongeese were harmed in the making of this t-shirt design.

Hahaha! Niiiice!

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: The Pig Fights Back

FOG!!!! Please stay there..please...(giving your shirt support for the fog) I sooo want this shirt!

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks!!!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

mcspanky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcspanky
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

Would have liked it if each flower was diffrent

Kwatson29

Re: Tiki Dancer

Last go at this one for votes... anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller? anyone? j/k can't wait for tomorrow!!

Kwatson29

Re: Tiki God (Not Happy)

Last ditch effort for votes..would like to get at least 20, will make me feel better, but then again, this was done in a very quick fashion and if I had the time it would have been sooo much better.

patgirl81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patgirl81

Pllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee stay in the fog!!!!!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
toe2254 wrote:thanks so much! and be sure i will! still trying to decide on where to put them. i've new to this type of thing (online stores) and i'm trying to get as much information as i can before making my choice.

Toe- Check out Robert's Bestloser site. He has a lot of good information comparing print qualities etc. from places like Spreadshirt, Bountee, Cafepress and more. Could be useful to you.

I'd also love to know what you do with this design.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
Re: Who keeps drinking my Mai Tai?

I think I tried to comment here a few days ago, but it was lost in the reboot and brought me back when I restored last web sessions. Does this make sense? Do you know where I am? Probably moreso than I know where you are. Howdy y'all!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
karma1apple wrote:I don't understand, it seems like you could get a shirt identical to this at any Wal-Mart or Target.

Just came back from Wal-Mart. No hibiscus shirts.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
alaw6163 wrote:simplicity and originality. not bad not bad.... ^ ^

Did you read the thread?

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
alaw6163 wrote:simplicity and originality. not bad not bad.... ^ ^

Thank you alaw6163. I appreciate your assessment.

bvillarreal

mjc613 wrote:Just came back from Wal-Mart. No hibiscus shirts.

me too! Thanks mjc613.

bvillarreal

AdderXYU wrote:Did you read the thread?

Nobody has that kind of time. I am interested in your input for future endeavors. Advice and guidance from an experienced t-shirt designer is always appreciated.

BlueKaila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlueKaila
TAYLORT5 wrote:I friggen love this design!...why oh why did you wait so long to put this one up?... crud...Good luck to you... this one should print well.

because he didn't want people to report it for theft. seeing the flowers are copy-pasted, not to mention, stolen:hibiscus

We crush the caterpillars then complain there are no butterflies

bvillarreal

DigitalDonkey wrote:GMV!

;)

Thanks, DigitalDonkey. Interesting name, too.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Black Flowers

Totally wearable... I would def. buy and wear with pride. Got my vote!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
BlueKaila wrote:because he didn't want people to report it for theft. seeing the flowers are copy-pasted, not to mention, stolen:hibiscus

Sayah doesn't have time to do quality original work. He doesn't even have time to create original fake names ;) He's too busy being a general troll and commenting on his own thread, or else telling people they got his vote despite his posting on a no-vote account. You can't expect an all around winner like that to put EFFORT in!!!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Tikki, Tikki, T-Ivy...

Ahhh love it. Apart from the great colors and design, it's a breath of fresh air to see a submission not digitally drawn, kinda gives the whole piece a more artistic quality to me. Best of luck

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms

i want this soooooooooooo bad! excellent!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Tikki, Tikki, T-Ivy...

Glad to see this made it in time to get a bestloser nod. I had already submitted my nominees to Robert. (I think I had 7 favorites this week.) But, after submitting the list, I saw this one and really loved it. The colors, the linework and the fit to the theme were all great. I especially like that it was on orange and that wasn't the first thing I noticed about the design, but rather the last. Meaning that even if the shirt color isn't one of your favorites, a great design can convince you that you love the shirt regardless of the color.

Hopefully you'll let us know what you do with this design in the future.

Carissima17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Carissima17
bluffstudio wrote:Well, it was worth a shot anyway. I hope I can resurrect this design in a future derby... maybe one that allows tikis and text

Please do, because this is AWESOME!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Lets get this back in the fog!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

Groowalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groowalla

Excellent! Congrats on the niece, I'm (only slightly) jealous as I'm surrounded by baby nephews these days. Enjoy this time, it races by!

I'll be looking out for your work. Thanks very much.

callmeeljefe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages callmeeljefe

This shirt rocks!

Kwatson29

Kwatson29 wrote:Last ditch effort for votes..would like to get at least 20, will make me feel better, but then again, this was done in a very quick fashion and if I had the time it would have been sooo much better.

Thank you to everyone voting!!! Made my morning to see over 20 votes on this!!

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
shabalah wrote:REally cool. I love what you did with the fire, hope you win! GMV.

Thanks! It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
kappapsichica wrote:This makes me laugh - like your option is to do only one or the other. =D

You might be missing the meaning of what he said.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.