HikePolska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HikePolska
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Coooommmmeeee ooooonnnn Piiiggggyyyyy!!!!!!!!

KilroyCurtis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KilroyCurtis
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

Uh, Hahah. Sorry, did my original post get moderated out? This'll be the last time I contribute. Unfortunately, I like buying T-shirts far too much to stop coming back and reading...

Poop!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

It is so funny to see this title and reconcile it with the current battle for the fog. I know everyone in the fog and nearby is really battling it out right now, but it really fits this design's title and the pig's face.

I just scanned the entries in the hotness and seeing the pig among the other hotness entries just makes him pop out and look alive.

Good luck to everyone...this lil' piggy included.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Something is up here.

The pig is in the fog with 15 votes in the hotness. The Rainbow flowers were at 551 in 5th place. Then the pig gets another vote in the hotness and goes to fifth place at 551?

What the heck is going on here?

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
cobolisdead wrote:Something is up here.

Look at these two screenshots:

*snip*

The pig is in the fog with 15 votes in the hotness. The Rainbow flowers were at 551 in 5th place.

*snip*

The pig gets another vote in the hotness and goes to fifth place at 551?

What the heck is going on here?

People might be taking votes away from either entry. When you have designs that are close, people will add and take away votes on purpose trying to get one to drop out of the fog so they can get an idea of what place another shirt might be in. It's stupid, I know. The hotness doesn't take into account votes that are taken away, I believe...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

thesmath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesmath
Re: Maori Love Birds V2 (RESUB)

This one is Climbing. If it makes it to top ten it usually gets a print right?

ogratewen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ogratewen
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

I want want want want want want this shirt!

griznoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griznoid

looks like a little bit of heaven.........Great design

SailorButterfly

thesmath wrote:This one is Climbing. If it makes it to top ten it usually gets a print right?

Actually, no. Top 3 get printed. Woot also picks a few designs from each derby as "honorable mentions". The honorable mentions come from any spot in the derby, not necessarily the top 10. After a few months, all of the honorable mentions get put into their own do-over derby, where once again, the top 3 are printed. (and traditionally, woot follows up the do-over winners with 4 editor's picks)

So, to sum it up:...in order to get printed, this shirts needs to:
1. Get in the top 3 in this derby or
2. Get an honorable mention in this derby and then EITHER get in the top 3 in the do-over derby or get chosen as an editor's pick after the do-over derby or
3. The artist can submit the design somewhere else in 60 days

Hope all of that makes sense. ^^;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

So glad to see this back at the top! In for 3 if printed. Go Piggy!!

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

SailorButterfly

AnnaJo wrote:Thanks! Thats what I was counting on actually, I really wanted the dancer to be very secondary to the flames. That is why it is just a simple silhouette in black compared to the 5 colors that make up the flames. Thanks for the input though, can't please everyone

I was wondering about the black on asphalt too, but it makes sense if you want it to be subtle. Loop's silhouettes are the same way in her pig design. Good luck this weekend!

theREALslim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theREALslim
Re: Fire Dancer

Love the design, but the color, not so much. Too much asphalt lately.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Fine Young Cannibals

I'm really amazed this didn't do better with votes. Hopefully it gets some love come HM time.

malphrusoxide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malphrusoxide
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

awesome...reminds me of the yeti on skifree. gmv, wish it would get printed

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

theREALslim wrote:Love the design, but the color, not so much. Too much asphalt lately.

Yeah the design is great, I'm just not a fan of browns and yellows on asphalt. It's like drinking and driving or Pat Boone and heavy metal. It just doesn't go together. Still think I'll add my last second vote on account of the designer having the chutzpah to do flames. They're hard to do and these look fantastic.

goman114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goman114
Re: Plumeria Paradise

congrats on staying in the fog for over 2 days straight! I hope it gets printed!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: panda vacation

125 votes! 31st place! woo hoo, the rarified air of three digit votes is a pleasing scent i've not smelt in a long time. probably means i'm destined for 10-20 votes per design for the next 50 entries, but i will enjoy this for the next 24 hours.

Thanks to everyone who voted for this design.

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29

Congrats!!!

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Fire Dancer

Congrats AnnaJo, was behind you the whole time!!! We'll see tomorrow who's #1...Good luck!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

I will definitely be staying up late Saturday night ot see if this will get printed! Congrats!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

jasontromm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontromm

Wonder if I should buy one of these shirts and send it to Gov. Sarah Palin?

Jason A. Trommetter

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
earthart wrote:I am already happy with its current success and would be thrilled with even a top-20 finish. thesmath asked earlier in the thread for one if I print it elsewhere down the road, and that may actually happen.

I will be thrilled to see this in print! I'm glad you held on to your #20 position, and disappointed that it wasn't top 10. This is so deserving of an honorable mention, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that!

lilackiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilackiss

This design absolutely awesome. I want this shirt badly!!!
You did a great job.

Re: Slushed

Tanya Marshall

Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian

I'm pretty sure this was only rejected so they could use the phrase "Rejected because: Gosh, that guy looks so familiar. Like a familiar guy." Which I'm totally okay with because I'm not convinced this would have gotten many votes anyway.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms

aww... sorry this didn't make the finals. this was my favorite by far.

nefkrystal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nefkrystal
Re: Luau Fire

HOW DID THIS NOT MAKE IT
IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL

sigh...
i must say, shirt.woot's community has failed in this decision.

concertFreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages concertFreak

This is an awesome design, I would totally buy one, but it is way to feminine of a shirt for me to wear.

However, I do have a friend that I will be forwarding the buy page to when it goes live for sale. I know she'll dig it.

chicdoc12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicdoc12
Re: Slushed

This shirt is great...my favorite of all tees in the derby : ) really want, BADLY!!!

burningtree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burningtree

This is beautiful. I just got back from Burning Man and this makes me homesick.

sbaszto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbaszto

I wanted to love this shirt because I like pandas and the idea was hilarious given the bamboo hut. The part that stuck for me was very precise... the feet. Panda feel and panda's in general are appealing in their rotund black and whiteness. They look cuddly and dare I say cute. Your panda feet felt scary to me, almost like frog feet or monster feet. Hope this helps? I'm not a designer, just an avid buyer and panda fan.

MostBestestBuddy wrote:OK so here is an example of a comment:
"I would have voted but I can't stand pink flowers"
Anything! I just want to know, I am trying to guess myself, would appreciate any opinions
Thank you

Optimator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Optimator
Re: eventide

This was by far my favorite entry.

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Groowalla wrote:Excellent! Congrats on the niece, I'm (only slightly) jealous as I'm surrounded by baby nephews these days. Enjoy this time, it races by!

I'll be looking out for your work. Thanks very much.

Groowalla, I realize you may not see this, but thank you. I have 4 nephews (and a son) so Isabella is our first niece. She is beautiful. Thanks again.

earthart

thesmath wrote:This one is Climbing. If it makes it to top ten it usually gets a print right?

thesmath, Sailor had is right. This has no chance of printing on woot unless it gets an honorable mention (and even then would be a tremendous long shot). The best option may be one of those I mentioned in my message to you. Thanks again for your interest. Take care.

earthart

SailorButterfly wrote:Actually, no. Top 3 get printed. Woot also picks a few designs from each derby as "honorable mentions". The honorable mentions come from any spot in the derby, not necessarily the top 10. After a few months, all of the honorable mentions get put into their own do-over derby, where once again, the top 3 are printed. (and traditionally, woot follows up the do-over winners with 4 editor's picks)

So, to sum it up:...in order to get printed, this shirts needs to:
1. Get in the top 3 in this derby or
2. Get an honorable mention in this derby and then EITHER get in the top 3 in the do-over derby or get chosen as an editor's pick after the do-over derby or
3. The artist can submit the design somewhere else in 60 days

Hope all of that makes sense. ^^;

Thanks SailorButterfly!

earthart

rachel1aaron wrote:I will be thrilled to see this in print! I'm glad you held on to your #20 position, and disappointed that it wasn't top 10. This is so deserving of an honorable mention, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that!

Thank you! I am very happy with how it did and with all of the great feedback I received about it. Thanks again for all of your help and well wishes. It has been another crazy day. Talk to you soon.

wordymusic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wordymusic

<3

wordymusic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wordymusic
Re: Tiki

I like it!!

hockeymama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeymama
Re: Dancing in the dark

I want this shirt !!!!!!! Are you going to sell it somewhere??

weezerette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages weezerette

This shirt was my favorite. Congrats on the good showing, wish you made it to the top. I hope I see this shirt somewhere, sometime, I'll snap it up.

Beautiful.

mmartineziii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmartineziii
seadude007 wrote:Like the design,..GMV

Thanks...this is my second design (my first was a bit male but I did it just to officially enter). I'm really liking these woot design challenges, I'm going to try and enter each week