+ Add a Comment

katana538

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katana538
Re: home sweet home

This is a great idea. I love the satellite dish. All I could think of for a second was, "Ohhh, who lives in a tiki under the sea..." Since he's on an island, though, the song doesn't fit. gmv

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
mjc613 wrote:Can you add a closeup of one ot the pineapples? It looks like a photo with gradients on my computer, but that could be because of the size.

I would, but those files are on my computer at work. But no, there are no gradients. It's all solid white and confirmed at the end of creation by doing a color count in PaintShop Pro.

Thanks to everyone who has commented.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Polly Want A Cracker?

I'm wondering how a Blue and Gold Macaw is relevant to the theme. They are from Central and South America. But your illustration is very well done.

bro3of4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bro3of4
tgentry wrote:She has the look of someone that doesn't like being groped and happens to be holding a speargun.

Her expression made me immediately think of the character Kim Possible, even though your character looks nothing like Kim.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

hardt21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hardt21
Re: Fire Dancer

What? Why wouldn't they be able to print? Why would you even write something like that? I've seen much smaller halftones print! This is a great design, you got my vote!

ruby2uesday

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruby2uesday
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

very pretty, LOVE the colors, but you can get the same type shirt anywhere, to include 5 for $20 bucks at the flea market in Hawaii.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
GravityJMB wrote:I love the 'toon-shaded' style... reminds me of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Definitely like Wind Waker. I love this style. Very very cool.

BootsBoots

Re: The Pig Fights Back

I saw this in the forum earlier. It's really great to see your sketches and then see the final product. I love how the pig's skin looks shiny. Or greasy. Shiny and greasy.

BootsBoots

Re: Slushed

Funny! You got a giggle out of me and I rarely giggle when I'm alone. I like.

Gettafix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gettafix

You gmv. Highly amusing and skillfully done. Great design!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ruby2uesday wrote:very pretty, LOVE the colors, but you can get the same type shirt anywhere, to include 5 for $20 bucks at the flea market in Hawaii.

Shh. We're not allowed to comment negatively on this one.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Midnight Luau

beautiful.

BigZ7337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigZ7337
Re: He's Watching

Sorry, but it just looks like a bunch of off-colored wrinkles.

BootsBoots

Re: Luau Beast from 90 Fathoms

This one's great! I like the colors you used and it's a really cute character. I like this one much better than your green one, dammit! (and, by the way, if MC Escher places in the last derby, I will happily buy it. Even if I have to pay $15. I thought it was the best)

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
AdderXYU wrote:I hear that shag's one baaaad motha...

Shut yo' mouth!

;)

yankeebird

hardt21 wrote:What? Why wouldn't they be able to print? Why would you even write something like that? I've seen much smaller halftones print! This is a great design, you got my vote!

Keep in mind this is coming from the truly clueless, but maybe it's too many colors? The creator used six different colors to layer the fire, plus the dancer. Shirts are limited to six colors per print, so if each of those six is distinguishable, it seems like it's too many.

Whether it's printable or not, my compliments to the artist. It's awesome and very realistic for a shirt. Nicely done.

Gettafix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gettafix

Awesome shirt derekfilley! I clicked on this and just started laughing. My brother was a little weird-ed out, but you gmv. I totally want one if it wins. Good luck!

jpatelcsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpatelcsi

me gusta long time

yankeebird

Re: Go with the Flow

This reminds me of one of my tattoos (sea turtles done from a design I got when visiting Hawaii), but nothing really stands out to me as different from anything I could have gotten on my visit. I like it and maybe would have bought it at Hilo Hattie's or ABC as a souvenir, but probably not Woot.

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime
yankeebird wrote:Keep in mind this is coming from the truly clueless, but maybe it's too many colors? The creator used six different colors to layer the fire, plus the dancer. Shirts are limited to six colors per print, so if each of those six is distinguishable, it seems like it's too many.

Whether it's printable or not, my compliments to the artist. It's awesome and very realistic for a shirt. Nicely done.

It's actually only 5 colors in the fire, so with the black that's 6 and it should be fine.

kmcavin65

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmcavin65
yankeebird wrote:Keep in mind this is coming from the truly clueless, but maybe it's too many colors? The creator used six different colors to layer the fire, plus the dancer. Shirts are limited to six colors per print, so if each of those six is distinguishable, it seems like it's too many.

Actually it looks like he used five colors for the fire. The top one is the combination of the five. The dancer makes the sixth color.

Very nicely done!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Luau Beast from 90 Fathoms

what a fun design! cute monster

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Beautifully executed hilarious design - and I like the black people in the background.

cenerslaveshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenerslaveshop

[quote postid="2547538" user="anneandkita"]This is totally minor, but it makes me uncomfortable anyway. The reflections in the water would both travel the length of the water reflection and they tend to taper off at the end, not just stop abruptly. The length of the line is based on the brightness of the source, so the moon reflection would be longer than the fire reflection if anything.

I absolutely love the design, but that inaccuracy would probably keep me from buying it. (I know, I know, that's so sad! I can't help it. )

This kind of shows what I'm talking about with the brightness vs. length of reflection. More examples could be found by googling I'm sure.

Cripes, it's a shirt! It's not like it's going to be hanging in the Louvre! If all the shirts submitted were held to such high expectations, we'd have no zombies, smiling animals, talking monsters and the like. Life is full of inaccuracies, I dig the individuality and it's a cool take on it; reflections "perfect" or not.

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen
Re: Luau: 10% Metal

FINALLY a ukulele shirt. You have my vote automatically. I hope to wear it with a mixture of shame and pride.

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: Fire Dancer

Hey guys! I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping me in the "new hotness" for so long, its awesome! I didn't know these questions about printability were coming up, but to clarify, the fire is 5 colors and the black silhouette makes 6 colors. If that is the controversy, you can note the image I uploaded earlier which shows the colors of the fire. As for printability? I can't think of a reason why Woot couldn't print, maybe someone could enlighten me? I'd hate to have it do well, only to be rejected!
Again, Thanks guys!

P.S. I'm a "she" not a "he" as I have been referred to in previous posts

Andy47240

mjc613 wrote:How can you tell that this is a Hawaiian luau instead of a South Texas Shrimp Boil? Or a Tampa fish fry?

It's actually a Bar-B-Q on a front porch in East St. Louis. I thought that was obvious.

m2mla2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2mla2
Re: Oh! The Cocanity!

I love the umbrella!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
kdeuce wrote:nice. what's he jammin' to?

Tiny Bubbles (a Don Ho song)

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Luau: 10% Metal

forgot to say... GMV

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

There we were., just sitting around minding our own business, not bothering anyone, having fun at the party. I mean.. so we're kinda oddballs.. so what? When he just started, you know? All we heard was a scream and that horrible horrible thumping sound. We looked over and there it was, its just horrible, i can hardly bear to think of it..

Just.. oh.. i think i'm going to be sick.. He did it. just lopped off the top of his scalp like that. and then. Oh Then!.. then he just stuck in a straw like Bill was some sort of fruity luau drink or something. i mean.. what kind of sicko does something like that!?

I have to admit tho, the umbrella was a nice touch. I mean, if you're going to be a raving cococidal maniac, it helps to have a sense of humor about it.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Andy47240 wrote:beautiful.

Ditto!

kappapsichica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kappapsichica
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

Regardless of your opinion on this shirt, I think you have to commend bvillarreal for the way she handled the negative comments. I sure wouldn't handle constructive criticism with that kind of composure and positivity. BV, you are a better person than I!

Andy47240

Your artwork continues to improve so much every week it is just an amazing thing to watch.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: Polynesian Mermaid

it's a very good illustration, but the drawing itself kinda scares me....very good coloring and style everything, though.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I thought we might see one of these! I thought about this idea and then figured one of the derby artists who are masterful at the 'tragically cute' would conquer it. I don't know that I've seen you do this style before...but it's GREAT! I will now add you to my list of artists 'masterful at the tragically cute'.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: maiself-tai

Self-reliance can be fun.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Turtley Dissed!

Poor baby sea turtle dissed by the other turtles. Good thing he is perfectly happy living forever on a shirt. Someday he may even pull Santa's sleigh...umm wait wrong story..but you get the idea. : )

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
kappapsichica wrote:Regardless of your opinion on this shirt, I think you have to commend bvillarreal for the way she handled the negative comments. I sure wouldn't handle constructive criticism with that kind of composure and positivity. BV, you are a better person than I!

Aaaahh! Thank you kappapsichica!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=21718]My Sister's Things Are Never Safe (

He IS like Sid!! *giggles*! Wonderful, I love this even more after reading that comment. Great job on the illustration, and taking the theme in a fun and different direction.