2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality posts:

Snake201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

Once you get your shirt, why don't you post a pic?

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Xijar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xijar

Lots of holiday-specific shirts showing up lately.

Woots wooted: 5 - Shirts wooted: 17 + 6 Randoms

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Alvarejo, great detail. Grats on the print

kilomag2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kilomag2

Interesting colors.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy

This one's a pass...very um, November-y...

Edit: I just looked at it closer after the chicken comment, and I see now that it's sort of a rooster, and not sort of a turkey as I thought it was. I guess I'm sort of the turkey, heh...

My chickens would laugh at me if they saw me wearing this...

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Zeusandhera

Wow, that's actually very pretty looking!

kennaay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennaay

i find this offensive. if i was native american.

Roboram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Roboram

Oh the jokes that could be made when you wear this shirt... I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

DLecocq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DLecocq

As a descendant of a long line of chickens, this shirt offends me.

Roshz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roshz

very cool design! i want one for my wall. i wish i could see other people wearing this

lareign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lareign
kennaay wrote:i find this offensive. if i was native american.

I live in a Native American-heavy area, and while I don't find it offensive, I find the description kind of depressing. I also live near way too many chicken plants, so double the bummer. Or maybe I'm just tired and need to go to bed, but I think I'd like it more if it weren't for the chicken/Native American combo.

It's well executed, but not for me.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

If you wanna be a patriotic turkey wear this shirt.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TheCount101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheCount101

Oh man! This is the best shirt I've seen in a while and it's defiantly worthy of my second woot purchase.

You have to crash and burn before you can rise from the ashes.

niceguy9903

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niceguy9903

How is this not offensive?

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000

Wow, this is really something.

Not something I'd wear, but very well done.

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz
kennaay wrote:i find this offensive. if i was native american.

Correction: If I was a native American, I would find this offensive.

geddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geddy

Even Gen. Custer would find this offensive.

"We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."
— Kurt Vonnegut

TheCount101

How IS this offensive?! It's a chicken wearing a head dress. Why is that offensive? Nobody is calling them poultry or something. Everybody needs to lighten up and stop peeing their pants at every little thing that could be considered not "P.C."

weirdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdal
niceguy9903 wrote:How is this not offensive?

Are native americans stereotypically portrayed as chickens or something?

matma79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages matma79

I like it!

But i have no money

ediblegod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ediblegod

I would really like that angry pig... (big sigh)

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

that is by far the most patently offensive t-shirt woot has ever printed. i've laughed off a lot of the so-called "racism" on shirts here, but this is far beyond the bounds of common sense, let alone good taste.

terrible. just terrible.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

I love so many of the artist's other designs; but not this one.

likwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages likwit
ediblegod wrote:I would really like that angry pig... (big sigh)

I totally agree, that angry little pig brought so much joy to the world.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
brizz wrote:that is by far the most patently offensive t-shirt woot has ever printed. i've laughed off a lot of the so-called "racism" on shirts here, but this is far beyond the bounds of common sense, let alone good taste.

terrible. just terrible.

Yeah, it's a total slander against chickens.

Puh-leeze.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

TheCount101

I don't understand. If disney makes a movie where a rooster puts on a head dress is that offensive? if Wall-E had found a head dress in the rubble and worn it around for a day, would it have been offensive? Why is this offensive? It implies absolutely nothing about native Americans or their culture. For this to be racist you would have to read so deep into it that you skew the imagery to fit your bogus claim.

sammer716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammer716

Why do you have to be considered a Native American to find this shirt offensive?

I personally do not have an indigenous native background and I find this shirt to be tasteless, the description obnoxious, and the fact the people are actually purchasing it repulsive.

Very disappointing woot.

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz

How bout a chicken with a white kungfu style headband and call it...

"Chicken chow mean"

twoeaglewoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twoeaglewoman

Wow. I mean wow. I AM Native American. I have most of the time found woot to be somewhat offensive, but this one takes the cake. I referred people to this site. Now I will get verbally "scalped" tomorrow. I live right in the middle of an Native American reservation. This is the first time I ever logged on and felt this uncomfortable. No more referrals.

jennilight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennilight

I'd like to hear from the Zombies who were offended by the t-shirt showing them riding Segways.

*Oops tried to edit and somehow erased what I wrote before. Original posting is repeated below in Jade's comment.*

CarbonSasquatch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarbonSasquatch
TheCount101 wrote:How IS this offensive?! It's a chicken wearing a head dress. Why is that offensive? Nobody is calling them poultry or something. Everybody needs to lighten up and stop peeing their pants at every little thing that could be considered not "P.C."

Indian headdress on chicken--same as putting a cop hat on that angry luau pig. Next time you're on the rez, walk up to the biggest guy you see and call him a big chicken.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jennilight wrote:I AM Native American and I don't find this offensive one bit.

In fact, I bought one for my brother.

Everyone needs to relax.

I'm glad some people have a civil handle on things here.

AtopMtOlympus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtopMtOlympus

How is this offensive??!? How ISN'T this offensive?? The head dress is a sacred object of a culture that has been exploited and displaced for over half a millenium. So by putting it on a chicken, screen printed on a t-shirt, the man is once again defiling their culture. Not to mention the fact that it may or may not be implying Native Americans are "chicken," i.e. lacking in bravery. Bad form, Woot. But then again, they ARE based in Texas...

sammer716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammer716
TheCount101 wrote:I don't understand. If disney makes a movie where a rooster puts on a head dress is that offensive? if Wall-E had found a head dress in the rubble and worn it around for a day, would it have been offensive? Why is this offensive? It implies absolutely nothing about native Americans or their culture. For this to be racist you would have to read so deep into it that you skew the imagery to fit your bogus claim.

Yes, those things you discussed would be offensive.

a) Not all Native American cultures use headdresses, the ones that do would most likely not have one as outlandish as this, therefore this image is perpetuating a false image of Indigenous people in this country

b) If you're discussing a native culture that does use headdresses, this item is a SACRED OBJECT. Putting something as spiritual as a headdress on a chicken is just as offensive as if you had a picture of a monkey hanging from a cross to put it into terms for you Christian kids.

TheCount101

Yes! that is what I'm talking about! I don't see this as offensive at all. If it were a break dancing chicken would it be offensive to black people? If it were a chicken in a gi, would it be offensive to Asian people? Someone explain this to me.

jtmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtmann
TheCount101 wrote:Yes! that is what I'm talking about! I don't see this as offensive at all. If it were a break dancing chicken would it be offensive to black people? If it were a chicken in a gi, would it be offensive to Asian people? Someone explain this to me.

llo, probably. Woot better watch out next time not to step on any toes

homeslice44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homeslice44

I'm liking it. It's much more interesting than a lot of the stuff that's on shirt.woot, not to mention it's a nice illustration.

also.. it's a chicken (turkey? rooster?), possibly the least offensive animal i know of aside from kiwis (unless you're into racial slurs). I bet a lot of Native American people would look at this and maybe even like it. I could see how some could find it offensive though. but as far as all things offensive... this is about as mild as it gets for me. hate me for it if you want... but i think some people just like to find something to be offended by. meh.

Skidi

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Skidi

I just happen to be Pawnee. I found this shirt to be really offensive, and the story even more. What is even more pathetic is the people who are defending this--and they arent even Native and just being a descendant does not count.

Very brief history lesson: The Pawnee have always fought alongside the U.S. even having their own Scouting/Infantry platoon, honors all veterans, and celebrates all Military holidays with Ceremonial Dances.

Where is the humor? Just watch, the intelligent buyers will speak with their $$$ this will be one of the lowest selling shirts ever. Woot, please dont do anything like this again.

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

(The following is a joke. It is a very bad joke. If I knew how to write a good joke, it would be one, but it isn't. Live with it.)

Gosh! It's so drab! Couldn't you come up with at least one bright color?

(Actually, I can't remember a woot-shirt that was so colorful where the colors worked together this nicely. I might have to buy one of these, even though I have to travel through five or so American Indian reservations [ literally! ] to get to Santa Fe from here. But they are Pueblo Indians, not Plains, so I guess they won't shoot me or anything...)